Back to Basics

KaylaWoods289 द्वारा

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 55: De Ja Vu
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Let Go

4.4K 219 6
KaylaWoods289 द्वारा

Landon Bounds says Cassie attacked him!

Why on earth did Cassie and Landon split?! 

Lover's Scorn!

Where did Cassie go?

Locking her phone, Cassie sighs while her eyes look out to the ocean. The soft waves making a rhythmic sound as her mind races. They arrived back to the suite about an hour ago. Nat was currently going through on her laptop to balance out some accounts for her ranch. Jackson was checking in on his other clients leaving Cass to her own whims. She read through some of the articles while sitting in the lounger on the balcony. Reporters speculating on what occurred that night. Landon having his own story to spin. 

She reaches over looking at the glass of water before taking another swig wishing it was something stronger to loosen her nerves. She knew deep down that the answers weren't there though. No, what she needed was to come to terms with everything around her and just let it be. Taking a deep inhale, she releases it slowly closing her eyes as she lays back in the lounger listening to the calming sounds from the water. 

"Cassie?"

She opens her eyes to find Jackson standing in the sliding door. His eyes looking downwards. Her eyes following his line of sight to realize that her phone is on and showing the web pages. She reaches out turning it off as he steps out taking a seat on the lounger next to her. 

They both sit quietly for a few minutes as they look out to the rising tide. Both having their own thoughts. Jackson is not sure what to say to her knowing she has seen the articles. Cassie knows he is thinking the same thing as her. Jackson turns back around looking to see where Natalia is at but sees no sign of her. 

"She's in the room taking care of her ranch."

Jackson turns  back around focusing on the blonde beauty whose eyes are still trained outwards. He leans forward clasping his hands together while his elbows rest on his knees. Hunching forward he keeps his eyes trained on the crashing waves before speaking. 

"Do you want to talk about it Cassie?"

"What exactly? How my past relationship is currently making headlines? How he attempted to hurt me and yet I'm the bad guy?" Her words coming out bitterly at the end. 

Jackson doesn't know where to start. He thinks before answering. "You know the truth... and those who matter to you will believe you."

"Nat is the only one who matters to me... well and Tate."

He turns his head leaning it on his clasp hands to look at her. Her eyes holding pain he had not seen before. She wipes away a lone tear as thoughts of her past relationships, families, and friends all came to mind. 

"I'm sure you have more-"

"No, I don't." 

She says cutting him off. Her words more harsh than she means to but he knows she is just upset. He goes quiet allowing Cassie the opportunity to vent if needed. 

"I have had nothing but disappointment when it comes to my personal life. My parents practically disowned me because I didn't live up to their standards and now they believe my image could hurt their business. All past friends were complete and utterly two faced. Saying shit left and right behind my back but always so sweet to my face. Past men are a joke. Take my latest, my agent... What you saw a few nights ago wasn't the first time he was forceful..."

Jackson turns his attention to her hearing her last statement. "Cassie, are you saying-"

She stops him with a hand raised indicating for him to stop. "All I am saying is my past relationships whether love or friendship have been nothing short of horrible... I am lucky I have Nat."

Her eyes turning to look towards the doors to find Nat walking towards the kitchen with her phone still to her ear. Cassie smiles gently seeing Nat relaxing and laughing even through the door. Jackson can once again see how much these two mean to each other. Their bond stronger than any friend he has ever seen. 

"You know I don't have any real friends either. I tried to make friends when I moved here but it wasn't the same. My closest friend was a guy named Marcus."

"Is he the one Nat knocked out?" She ask recalling the conversation. Jackson smirks at her. 

"She told you?" Cassie nodding her head in confirmation. 

"She tells me almost everything. Only the real difficult things does she keep hidden from me. Taking on the weight of the world on her own.." She can see Nat has gotten her own bottle of water from the fridge before locking eyes with her. "Did you know that she actually has been paying for my driver for the last two or so years?"

"No, I didn't"

"I had my first big melt down shortly after my first single released. She couldn't be there but not even two days later, I had a new driver whom has been with me ever since."

"And she didn't tell you." Cassie smirks before shaking her head negatively. 

"I just found out recently. All the money I have and yet she still takes care of me."

"And I always will."

Both heads turn to the door where Nat walks out plopping down on Cassie's lounger. Cass opens her legs to lay on each side of Nat as she lays back on her chest. Her arms coming around Nat's shoulders to hug her to her frame. The dark hair beauty turns to kiss her friend's cheek. Jax sits there watching as Natalia gives her friend her support unknowingly helping her during this time in her life. He does wonder how much Natalia actually knows goes on with Cassie. 

"Thank you Nat"

"Always Cass"

Cass leans back against the lounger. It's late at night however the town is still lit with the activities of the night. Natalia knows by Cassie's behavior that she has seen the articles. Keith mentioned how some pop star was blowing up the news right now. She searched online and found out exactly what she was expecting. That agent, Landon spinning the tale to create himself as a victim. 

"So what's the plan tomorrow?" Jackson says laying back in his lounger. 

"I was thinking we could travel the rest of the distance to make it back to the ranch."

"Ole Iron Clad"

Cass says in deep Scottish accent making Nat laugh gently. Jackson's brows furrowing in confusion. Nat notices his reaction and leans over taking his hand making him turn to her. 

"Iron Clad is the name of my ranch." His mouth turning into an 'O' shape. He continues holding her hand as they look back out. "I do have one more thing I want to do before we get back."

"What's that?" Cass says tilting her head to look down at her. Nat turns to look up at her grinning. 

"It's a surprise!"

*****************************************

"No No No!" Cass says shaking her head negatively as the truck comes to stop in front of a huge sign indicating exactly what that surprise was Nat wanted to do. She turns in her chair with stern eyes set on her beaming friend. "NO!"

"YES!" Nat says before jumping out of the driver side door. 

Cass can feel her nerves on edge. Her air constricting in her chest while her heart pounds erratically. She has never done something like this and the idea terrifies her. She shakily reaches out for the door handle as Nat walks around to her side. Her eyes still trained on the massive sign in front of them. 

Jackson also gulps seeing the sign but gives a forced smile. His beauty is bouncing in obvious excitement. He can tell Cassie is not licking this idea any more than him. Nat though knows exactly what to say. 

"Cassie, what terrifies you?"

"Other than loosing you?" Nat gives her a deadpan look telling her that will never happen. "Loosing myself."

Her answer is nothing but honesty and yet it still surprises Jackson. It made Nat smile widely like that was the answer she knew she would say. 

"Things are always out of our control... yes?" Cass nods her head in confirmation. "What we can control is how we react and how we let it rule us."

Jax knows exactly where this is going and finds warmth in her sentiment. 

"You're going to make me do this aren't you."

"Yes.. I am. You can't control anyone other than you. Doesn't matter what they believe or how they feel, all that matters is how you will come out of this. That includes taking risk and praying for the best."

"I think this is slightly different Nat!" She says exasperated.

Nat just smiles taking her hand and then Jax' before dragging them in with her. She signs up for three and they have to sign some forms before they are taken away. Cass having to breath deeply while death gripping Nat while Jax was remaining close but clearly not as bothered as her. She almost wanted to smack him for being so collected. Nat was a source of power as they were getting rigged up. 

"You can do this Cass"

Cass nod her head trying to not look out as they fastened all three of them in. The instructors were giving their final instructions and Cass took the chance to look out. Her body practically freezing from the sight alone. A squeeze to her hand giving her the little bit of strength she needed. Getting into position, she looks to Nat who gives her a firm head nod. On her other side Jax doing the same. The instructors count down. 

"1"

"I'm going-"

"2"

"kill you Nat!"

"3!"

Just like that, they all three yell loudly. 

Cassie screaming until she finally takes everything in. The sense of freedom, the lost of control, the hope of... everything. She spans out her arms screaming again but for anything and everything. Nat follows suit and then Jax. All three just letting loose even if  for only those few minutes. It was a rush that Cass had never felt before. 

They arrive at the platform with wide smiles. Cass turns to her best friend and sister and understands her. I can only control me. The instructors unhook their harnesses and Cass doesn't hesitate running over to hug Nat tightly. Her sister embracing her back with equal pressure.

"Thank you Nat"

Nat doesn't reply but rubs her back comfortingly. Jax walks over wrapping his arms around both of them making the girls giggle loudly. The instructor asking them to turn for a picture. All three with wide smiles. This was exactly what Cass needed. Just to... 

Let go. 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

95.6K 3K 27
❝MY SILENCE IS MY EXPRESSION OF PAIN❞ Ryder Baizen, is your typical 'bad-boy'. The platinum blonde has every girl falling to his feet, while every bo...
HONESTLY Sunny Birch द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

929 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
667 63 9
A college student from a wealthy family is given the opportunity to go on tour with a rock band for a school program. Can this sheltered, naïve, coll...
657K 20.5K 54
Everything was going perfect for Bailey Grant. A life in Nashville, a hit music career, an upcoming international tour. She thought that nothing co...