Hate that I Love You

By KaylaJenkins2

"We met in Miami, she was working at the mall at the time and I bumped into her at the gas station on the way... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Not an Update
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
ANNOUCEMENT
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five.I
Thirty Five.II
Epilogue

Fourteen

11.9K 361 66
By KaylaJenkins2

Dave

"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Dear Ma...Happy Birthday to you. I love you forever Queen," I say kissing my moms on the cheek.

She smiles wide blowing out her candles on her pancakes I just made for her. Today is my mother's birthday and I had to come over early this morning and cook breakfast for her before she start her day around 9:30am.

"Thank you baby, I love you more." She grabs my face kissing me on the cheek.

I take a seat at the table and began to dig in my food. "How's that new lady in your life, you haven't said to much about her?" My mom ask as we both eat our breakfast.

"She's good, we actually aren't speaking right now I kinda made her upset and still trynna figure out how to fix it."

She shakes her head drinking orange juice. "I don't care what it is, I want to see the young lady today invite her over for my birthday will you?" She begs smiling. My mom always know how to get underneath my skin besides Monté she's my only dream woman.

"Igh ma I'll see what she got planned today." I say finishing my food.

*

"1....2....3..." My cousin says snapping a few pictures of me and my moms. She hands me back my phone before walking back in the house.

"Let me see," My mom says standing behind me peeking over my shoulder. I turn my phone to where she can see the pictures.

"I like those, text those to me. I'm about to go talk to sister Taylor." She says walking back in the house.

I invited Monté, well I texted her. I stopped calling because it pisses me off when she don't answer my calls and I'm the one that's supposed to be pissed off because she didn't even let me explain myself.

I light my joint and stand on the balcony looking out at the city. A few minutes later, I feel a pair of hands rub down my body. I turn around to see my ex, Paris. I haven't see her in so long, and I damn sure ain't invite her but my cousin must've invited her because my mother knows not to.

"Paris hey, what are you doing here?" I ask nonchalantly. She frowns and folds her arms.

"Damn Dave you not happy to see me." She whines.

Paris and I were together when I had to moved to Florida with my cousins sophomore year, I was pursuing my basketball dream at the time. I had a full ride scholarship to the college of my dreams, on the way to the NBA but I didn't have the discipline to be a pro basketball player, eventually I got kicked off the team and not to long after that I went to jail for six months for drug possession charges. When I got out Paris had already blocked me and changed her number, my homies told me she had got lucky and found her a nigga that made it to the NBA. I hoped she's happy with him.

"Nah I'm not so wassup why you here?" I ask once more this time getting irritated.

"I came to see your mom and wish her a happy birthday and to see you...I just wanted to catch up."

"Well that's dead because he gotta catch up with me," I hear a familiar voice say. I look up to see Monté standing there with some nigga. She know better than to disrespect me like this.

"Monté I know you ain't do this shit at my mother birthday, who the fuck is this nigga?" I say raising my voice.

"This is my friend, Wes. Wes, this is Dave." She says introducing us.

Paris clears her throat causing us all to look at her. I roll my eyes before walking towards the door. Monté grabs my arm trying to catch me.

"Where you going?" She asks. I look in her eyes with anger before snatching away from her and walking in the house.

I thought we was better than that, I know she was embarrassed about what went down with Savanna but bringing another nigga to my mother party...That shit got me heated.

I walk in the kitchen to fix me something to drink, Monté soon comes walking in the kitchen setting her purse down on the counter. She looks me in my eyes and smiles.

"I don't know why you think this shit is a joke. You lost your fucking mind bringing some nigga up here to my mom's birthday party. Just wait till I finish this juice tho, a nigga really put some on cuh ass Ion play dat shit." I say sternly pouring juice in my cup.

She walks closer to me looking up at me as she wrap her arms around my waist. I set my cup down looking down at her.

"He's gay," She says before busting out laughing.

I push her off me softly. I have no time to play games with Monté.

"You can't get mad cause that's pay back for your ass." She says. I nod my head smirking a little.

"So if you got your payback that mean you over it and you ready to forgive me?" I ask.

"Oh no, you not back in my good graces yet, I just said I got my pay back. You forreal gon think twice next time you choose to make me look stupid for another one of your little girlfriends." She grabs her purse and walks off leaving me in the kitchen.

I hear my mother's laughter coming from the living room. I walk in the living room to see my mom and Monté's little friend dancing together. I'm glad my mom is having a good time, she deserves it.
________
Monté

diamontéharper: I make this shit look easy😉

"What he said when you told him I was gay." Wes asks laughing.

I laugh before speaking, "He was so heated trynna talk about guns and shit so I was like "he's gay" and he started pouting." I say making the the story a little more dramatic.

"I don't know how he didn't know I was gay. Did you tell me him I'm your new hairstylist?" He asks. I shake my head no.

Over these past few days I haven't been talking to Dave, I've been grinding working to get the hosting job and I finally got the job as of two days ago and the job came with a hairstylist of my choice and free heels. I decided to hire Wes cause he's from Atlanta a place where they slay you hair and he's got that hustling spirit just like me to get where we need to be and just make this money and be happy.

"Excuse you must be Monté, I have been looking for you everywhere i'm Dave's mother." A older yet beautiful lady says walking up to our table.

I smile standing up to hug her. "Yes hi, nice to meet you." I say.

"Come walk with me a minute precious, Wes I'm gonna bring her back, you go head and fix you a plate there. You gon need your strength when I get back." We all laugh. She walks me to the dining room a place more excluded from the party.

"So now it's my turn to get to know you for myself." She says smiling at me.

"What all do you want to know?"

"Just tell me this one thing sweetheart that's all I need to know, do you love my son?" She asks me making me feel a knot in my stomach.

"Yes I believe I do, but in a way that consumes me. I actually came here to tell him that, I sounds crazy your son has been the light of my life these past 4 months I've been knowing him, ever since my mom passed away I haven't really been happy, but that man you raised has took care of me and treated me like a Queen without me even asking him to and yeah he has his flaws but so do I. So yes ma'am I do love your son."

"I love you too baby." I hear Dave says sneaking up behind me.

"Before you think that of me, I did not set you up...David what have I told you about snooping in other people's conversation." She fusses causing me to laugh.

"My bad ma, I was looking for my girl and I couldn't find her. I was looking for my ma and I couldn't find you either so my head was going insane and look at you too. My favorite women together." He says pulling us both into a hug.

Through all his flaws, I see his heart..He can be the man I know he is. He just gotta want to.

*

Wes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 5.2K 55
"What's stopping you from making her yours? You love her. I know you do. So what's stopping you?" I ask in genuine curiosity. Not my usual cocky tone...
89.7K 4.2K 20
𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘀𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘴𝘺 ...
569K 28.5K 36
❝𝖠𝗇 π–Ίπ–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 π—‹π–Ύπ–½π–Ύπ–Ώπ—‚π—‡π–Ύπ—Œ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π–Ώπ—Žπ—π—Žπ—‹π–Ύβž Β©π–πŽπ‘πƒπ’ππ˜πŠπ€π˜ 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝗆𝗒 π—π—ˆπ—‹π—„ # 𝟣 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋...
2.6K 113 17
Disclaimer: I don't own transformers or pics or music.