What was left behind

By jw_writing4fun

29 year old Sarah Collins is still hurting over something that happened almost 4 years ago. When David Morr... More

Copyright
Introduction
Dedication
1| 3 years, 8 months, and 3 days
2| You Never Know Until You Try
3| Need you to stay awake
4| I feel like a horrible mother
5| I was under the legal limit
6| A great friend
7| I ruined your life, I get it
8| How does that feel
9| Put clothes on
10| I can't go there
11| I cant stop crying
12| I kissed him
13| Want to be better
14| I need to focus
15| Surprise
17| We're proud of you, regardless
18| Maybe when I'm thirty
19| You need to stop doubting that
20| What are you doing here?
21| You said you loved me
22| If you love someone you come back
23| Rock bottom
24| Try harder
25|The answer is no
26| I still love you
27| Worst case scenario
28| Stay
29| We're doing this
30| What was left behind
Epilogue
Author's note

16| You're a goddess

2.4K 169 131
By jw_writing4fun

It's 10:30 at night when I officially make it home. My heart melts, for the second time tonight, at what I see.

David and JJ asleep on the couch.

JJ is laying on David's chest. His mouth wide open, most likely drooling on David's shirt. David's strong arms are wrapped around JJ.

Chill out, Sarah.

It's just a really attractive man cuddling with your adorable son. Nothing to melt about.

Lies.

I quietly approach them and start rubbing JJ's back. "Hey, buddy." I whisper.

His eyes flutter open and a tired smile plays on his lips.

"Let's get you to bed" I say as I grab him gingerly and carry him into his bedroom.

"Did auntie have her baby?" He asks groggily.

"She did!" My voice is quiet, but my tone is excited. "You have a new cousin! Her name is Lily and she is beautiful."

"I wanna see." He asks.

I pull out my phone and show a picture. "You can meet her tomorrow." I kiss him on the nose. "Now to go sleep."

I shut the door quietly and make my way back into the living room.

David is still asleep on the couch, but he must have readjusted after I grabbed JJ because he's now curled up on the sofa. There is plenty of room for me to squeeze in with him.

Would that be too much?

Before I can overthink, I join him on the couch. My body molding to his perfectly; my back meets his hard chest, his strong arms envelop me as he pulls me closer, his head fits in the crook of my neck, and I hear a him hum in acknowledgment.

"You're back." He says into my neck, his voice low and sleepy. It's sexy. "How did it go?" He asks before kissing my shoulder and then my neck.

Goosebumps form all over my body and I try my best to fight a shiver from his contact.

"I'm an aunt." I answer excited yet tired. "Thank you so much for watching JJ for me today."

"It was nothing." He answers nonchalantly.

I turn around in his arms and face him. My eyes find his, our bodies are still connected, our noses touching and our lips only centimeters away from each other.

"It wasn't nothing." I say as I stare into his eyes.
You didn't have to help me out today, you did because that's the kind of person you are. That's the kind of person you've always been, I just never saw it." My eyes fall from his eyes to his lips. "You've amazed me and proven to me so many times how much you want to be there for JJ and me."

He must see where my eyes are directed because he licks his lower lip, before replying. "I care about you two. I would do anything JJ. I would do anything for his mom."

I feel his gaze burning into me. I look up at him and my breath hitches. It's like his eyes can see through me. I can't look away.

I feel the electricity bouncing between us building and decide not to fight it anymore.

I lean in and place a kiss on his lower lip. As he reciprocates, I trace his plump bottom lip with my tongue, begging for entrance.

He opens his mouth and our tongues meet, swirling around each other.

I hum at this amazing kiss. A kiss that spreads warm and tingly feelings throughout my body and shoots desire right to a place that hasn't been touched in so long.

I swing my leg around his hip as we deepen the kiss.

My hands find their way into his hair as I begin to scratch his scalp as we kiss.

A sensual grunt releases from his throat as he pulls away.

I try not to pout at the lack of kissing.

His head falls back and his eyes flutter shut as I continue to massage his scalp. His breathing quickens and he bites his lower lip.

"Kiss me." I plead.

As he opens his eyes, I notice his gaze has darken and shows his desire.

He growls before forcefully kissing me again, his tongue barging into my mouth. His aggressiveness makes my need grow.

Sometimes you just need a strong man to take control.

His restraint from earlier is now out the window as his fingers weave through my hair, tugging gently as he pulls my head back giving him access to my neck.

He kisses at the spot behind my ear, moves to my throat, nibbles on my collarbone and then lands near the valley of my breasts.

My v-neck still allowing him ample access. He takes his other hand and pulls down the top and bra, leaving me exposed to him.

I try and keep my moans quiet, aware that we are still in the living room and JJ is sleeping in his room.

His mouth finds a nipple and he twirls his tongue over its peak, followed by a small nip, then his tongue again. My core is throbbing to be touched. Throbbing for him.

"David." I urge.

He looks at me, a cocky smile playing on his lips. "What do you want, Sarah?" His voice low and raspy.

Shit. What do I say?

"I..." I say biting my lip.

He begins to kiss his way back up to my lips. "You need to tell me." He says with his lips hovering over mine.

"I..." I whisper nervously. "Want you to touch me." I say panting, my chest rising and falling rapidly.

His eyes darken even more, not sure if it's possible.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

I nod.

I watch as his finger begins to tease me by trailing tantalizing circles across my skin right above the waistband of my leggings.

I wiggle and lift my hips up trying to get him closer to where I want him. Where I need him.

It's been a long time, too long, since I felt this much desire and need to feel bliss.

He chuckles at my impatience.

Taking his large hand, he grabs my exposed hip, from my shirt riding up, and pushes it back down.

"Eager are we?" He teases before placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I want to appreciate this moment." He says against my lips, "never did I think I would have the honor of bringing you pleasure..." he kisses my jaw. "I'm going to have you moaning my name over and over again."

My impatience is getting to me.

"Prove it." I say arrogantly.

He hypnotizes me in another searing kiss causing my heart to flutter, my body to heat up, and my lower half to drip.

His finger trails from my belly button and dips into my leggings and panties. My body tingles as his fingers touch me.

When his finger finally touches me where I have been eagerly awaiting, my mouth falls open as he begins to circle my clit with just the right amount of pressure.

A growl escapes him as his tongue plunges in my mouth as he continues to rub me.

One of his long fingers slide into my wet center as he curls it inside me hitting exactly where I want it.

"David!" I moan into his mouth.

"Say my name again." He demands as he continues to wiggle a finger inside me and rub my clit.

"Dav... oh!" I wail as he enters another finger inside of me.

My mouth moves to his shoulder as I try and muffle my noises as he continues to finger me with his two long and talented fingers.

I lightly bite him though his shirt through my whimpers and screams as my orgasm rips through me.

I haven't had a proper orgasm for years.

The pressure builds below, my body quakes, my eyes water and I can feel myself coat his fingers.

When I finally come down from my high, my hand automatically palms him through his sweats.

His eyes close and his head falls back. "Fuck." He groans. "Sarah."

I bite my lip for like the fifth time tonight as I sit back and watch as his neck and face begin to flush at my touch.

I put my hands under his shirt and feel the ridges of his abs before lightly scratching him while I make my way to his hip.

I stick a crooked finger under the elastic of his pants and his boxers.

He sucks in a breath.

My finger finds his hardness, feeling the veins on his member, causes me to throb again.

I take my finger and rub the outline of his erection, my eyes widen at the realization of his size.

"Now you're teasing me." He rasps as he looks at me, his eyes hooded.

"It's not fun, is it?" I quip back.

"No, it is n"

Before he can finish his sentence, my hand wraps around him and begins to stroke him up and down.

"Sarah! don't stop." He insists.

I continue to grope and rub him, allowing my wrist to twist a little, adding a little more pleasure for him.

"Sarah, I'm going to cum." He utters through pants.

"Wait." I instruct before pulling his pants down. Staring in amazement at what I was just touching. "Finish in my mouth."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" He asks astonished "you're a goddess."

I don't fight the smile that spreads across my face. Before licking my lips and taking him in my mouth.

He cums in seconds and I gladly swallow what he gives.

I pull his pants back up and give him my most innocent smile.

"You're amazing." He says clearly spent.

I cuddle up against him and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you." I say nuzzling into his chest.

"Thank you." He adds. "Not for that amazing action, but for allowing me to pleasure you. You deserve to be treated like the goddess you are." He says kissing the top of my head.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

:::

I knew Sarah was due any day now, but I wasn't expecting it to be this early.

Which is why I was so surprised when I received a text from her sister telling me Sarah's in labor.

I find myself pacing back and forth in my messy apartment filled with old liquor bottles and empty beer cans.

I haven't drank in two days. I've been trying to stop, ever since Sarah said I couldn't contact her anymore.

At most, I've made it a week.

I've been dealing with a lot because of losing James and being such a prick with Sarah, alcohol makes it go away.

She doesn't deserve it. I know she is doing the best she can and she doesn't deserve me ruining it for her.

I try to remember that. I try and keep her memory and the possibility of redemption in her eyes as a motivator.

But whenever I feel like I am finally making progress, a certain someone likes to remind me that I'm a fuck up- a disappointment. I don't deserve to be happy. I don't deserve Sarah's forgiveness.

They have no fucking room to talk. They barely knew James and they don't even know her.

I am fighting the urge to drink right now after yet another battle.

I look at the text messages from Samantha one last time. It calms me instantly.

Samantha: We're heading to the hospital now. Baby J is on his way. She doesn't know I am reaching out to you, but I think a little part of her would want you to know.

David: How is she doing? I've been worried all night.

Samantha: Don't give up. She wants you in her life. She wants you in his life. You just have to prove to her that you deserve it. Even though you weren't close at all, she misses you. Give her time.

If time is what she needs. I'll give it to her.

:::

I wake up to something tickling my nose. When I try and scratch, I notice one arm is underneath something heavy and my other hand is holding something.

I open my eyes and a grin spreads across my face. Sarah's hair was the culprit of my itchy nose. And her perfect body is holding me captive, even though I'm the one cocooning her.

She is beautiful. She is kind. She is forgiving.

And I promise I will continue to prove to her I am worthy of all of it.

:::

💭 Thoughts?

🧐 Predictions?

Thank you for reading!

~Wendy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 119 21
After a tragic accident Carly finds herself responsible for the lives of her nieces and nephew. While trying to help them heal from the lost of their...
21 0 9
Madison encounters Jonas while moving to a new home. He recognizes her, but she doesn't seem to know him. Their interaction requires Jonas to learn m...
106K 3.5K 102
Evanna Austen a freshman in college, starts out her journey with her friends. After successfully passed out her freshman year she was ready to began...
3.7K 300 47
"Why didn't you come back?" He asked, stopping to hold her shoulders. She furrowed her eyebrows together, looking away from him to look at the ground...