Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 81

292 20 6
By Veikari

Freed kept his runes up and tried to see what was happening around the ship. Laxus and Humphrey were both fighting somewhere up in the clouds that had now reached them. Cold water dripped down Freed's face as the rain was pouring heavily and he tried to listen to thunders. He could recognize thunders Laxus made and those which were made by clouds.

Sailors yelled frightened when yet again one meteorite came down crashing, destroying the amethyst icing on the sea. It didn't seem like Humphrey was aiming towards them with his meteors, some of them just happened to fall down near them.

The whole ship creaked loudly and Freed frowned as he got up. He quickly went to the railing and looked down. The quartz was spreading. It was starting to slowly crawl up the side of the ship. Some of the planks had already popped out and more were snapping and crashing as the quartz forced it's way in.

"Get on the deck!" Freed commanded. "Don't stay inside the ship!"

"Why?" someone asked terrified.

"The quartz has broken the bottom of the ship, water is coming in."

"The ship will sink!"

"No! The quartz is supporting us, we won't sink. But the quartz is also spreading inside the ship, so it's safer to stay outside", Freed explained. "Pull yourselves together! We won't survive if we don't stay calm! Pull up those sails so the wind won't tear this ship apart since it can't move!" he said when the long masts were letting out low and ominous creaks.

Maybe the sailors actually did understand what he was trying to say, or then it was just the plain commanding voice which was easy to follow, but they started to work. They climbed up ropes, starting to fold the big sails.

Freed looked aside when he heard a loud noise again. It was the rotting sea serpent which had crashed against the quartz by Moritz, who pulled out the spear from its head. Before the dead creature could get up, he trapped the whole thing inside an amethyst.

Roscoe huffed and he frowned. The sea serpent would get out, but it was not fast enough to fight against Moritz. The problem was, there wasn't any other big carcasses around which were still in a good enough condition that he could use them.

Moritz laughed as he looked at the ship again. Soon he would be there. After that, there was no way that lightning dragon slayer would ignore him! He looked around, seeing Bickslow and Evergreen while Roscoe was standing a bit farther. He smirked and lifted his hand.

"Charged Onyx", he sad and a big amount of dark stones were created around him in the air. "Explosive", he said and a stone after another was thrown to the amethyst ground. They were lit and blasted, the air filled with crashes, dust and fragments of amethyst.

Moritz laughed and he moved his spear and everything was again frozen with quartz. It was like he had created mountains, making it difficult to move around anymore.

"Like hell that's gonna stop us, baby!" Bickslow cackled as he appeared over the mountains with Evergreen.

Moritz tisked. He didn't know his foe could fly, it wasn't mentioned anywhere. But he grinned quickly. Apparently not all of them could fly.

He landed his spear down and it let out a chime as it hit the amethyst under his feet. Maybe the landscape was different, but he would always find his prey. He ignored Bickslow and Evergreen and just listened to the chime. Something was moving and it was big. The sea serpent? No, this one had legs. Another dead sea creature?

Moritz' eyes shot open when he heard a loud screech. Whatever it was, it was coming closer fast and was only behind one of the amethyst mountains. Evergreen and Bickslow seemed surprised looking at the direction.

Something heavy hit the quartz and it cracked, letting out three long claws followed by dark scaly skin. A huge beast let out a roar as it climbed over, almost darkening the whole sky with its green mane and colossal figure. Hollow eyes were burning with purple light as Jish-Ahrna let out another screech that made the quartz mountains tremble.

"Freed!" Evergreen yelled. "You're supposed to guard the ship!"

"We can handle this!" Bickslow said.

"It's safer if more people are guarding the ship", Freed's voice echoed. "Humphrey's meteors are coming down more often, it's better if you guys go there and make sure they won't hit. If things really go bad, Roscoe can use his sea serpent and make sure none of those sailors will drown if the ship sinks."

"They don't need all of us there, I'm gonna stay", the seith mage announced. "Laxus would kick our asses if we'd let you fight alone."

Evergreen bit her lip and she looked at Freed, then the ship and she saw Roscoe who was standing between them and the ship. Roscoe couldn't fly so it was difficult for him to move around, that was obviously one of the reasons why Freed decided it would be better if Roscoe stayed by the ship.

"I'll go to the ship with Roscoe", she finally said. "You make sure nothing happens", she frowned to Bickslow who nodded. After that the fairy mage quickly dashed down to grab Roscoe and head to the ship.

Moritz laughed loudly when looking at the huge demon coming down towards him.

"Now that's a beast anyone would be glad to hunt down!" he shouted excitedly. That thing was a monster! This would be thrilling!

Felix was holding tightly Makarov's hand as they ran through the streets. All the citizens were terrified, shutting themselves inside houses and using whatever they could to make them safe.

"Levy!" Makarov suddenly shouted and they saw Levy and Vellanja who turned towards them.

"You're alright", Levy smiled relieved.

"Granny!" Vellanja said running to hug Roxanne tightly.

"It's okay, little Lentil", the old woman chuckled patting her wild black hair. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Yeah! Because dad already knows what's happening and he's gonna blast those villains out!" Vellanja said confidently.

"I'm sure Spinach will do that", Roxanne giggled.

"Does anyone yet know what that thing is?" Makarov asked from Levy, looking at the black something that was getting only bigger.

"No", Levy said shaking her head. "I haven't yet seen others really. I'm sure Cana is looking for you and Erza must be already inspecting what that magic is."

"We know it's Yuidose's magic, but that's all we know right now", Makarov huffed and Levy looked shocked. "He appeared here only moments ago. I'm afraid this might become ugly", he murmured with a dark frown. "Natsu and others are in Crocus, Laxus and his team are in Elenbora and we still don't know where Gildarts is... But we can defend our town."

"I'm sure we can", Levy nodded. "Erza will lead us."

"I think it's for the best if you go to the guild. I'll try and find Erza, Gajeel or Mirajane."

"Gramps, you should come too", Felix said worried.

"Don't worry my boy, Yuidose isn't the first enemy I've encountered and I make sure he won't be the last one", Makarov promised patting his great-grandson's head. "When this town needs protection, I'm going to do my best just like others in Fairy Tail."

"Then we should do that too", Chester said.

"Now you stay put, Ravenberry", Roxanne commanded grabbing Chester's collar with her cane. "Cookie would be mad at me forever if I let you out there to do adult's job."

"Levy, take them to the guild house as quickly as you can", Makarov said and he headed towards another street.

"We better hurry", Levy said and she grabbed Vellanja's and Felix's hands while Roxanne took Chester's hand and they started running again.

Erza dropped on the roof and she frowned when looking around. She heard fighting and she had already fought off a few mercenaries who had invaded Magnolia. They must have been hired by Yuidose and there were approximately one hundred of them, definitely not over two hundred. Counting them wasn't easy, they had spread all around quite effectively and knew how to move around in a town.

She wasn't really worried, she knew Fairy Tail could take care of them. What really made her worried was that black thing that was slowly swirling just below the huge white magic seal over the town.

Erza glanced aside and moved just in time when she heard a loud bang. She took cover behind a big chimney, hearing how somewhere a few rooftops away someone stepped on tiles.

"I knew it was a trap", she said, stepping out just enough so she could glare at Emmett who was holding his rifle. "You wanted us to send more mages away before you would attack Magnolia."

Emmett huffed and just like always, he didn't look even interested to be here.

"I don't question what decisions Yuidose makes", he said. "I wouldn't personally care how many of you were here."

"You're not after Bickslow and Roscoe this time", Erza frowned and she tightened her grip of her sword. "You must know already they are not in this town. You have something else in mind."

"True. Yuidose thinks one of you particularly might cause problems later so he wants us to take care of that now."

Erza's brows furrowed more but then she heard whispering sounds. She looked up at the magic seal and saw how hundred and hundreds of shadows were erupting from the black formation. They all flew down, spreading all around the town and on the streets. There they took figures of humans and started their roam.

"What are they?" she asked alarmed.

"Ghosts", Emmett said. "It's Yuidose's magic."

Erza hissed when she noticed how the ghosts mingled with the mercenaries, making it impossible to tell who were real and who were not.

"Enough with that", Emmett said pointing his rifle towards Erza again. "This time I'll make sure to make a clear shot right through your head, master of Fairy Tail."

Erza gritted her teeth and was just about to move when something crawled up her legs. Salt gathered around her, making it hard to move as it packed up tighter and tighter. Emmett just huffed and lifted his rifle, ready to shoot.

"Gihee."

Black iron mallet hit Emmett right in the face, making him lose his grip as he was thrown away to the other side of the whole roof. He groaned, blood splattering on the roof and he wiped his chin. Gajeel smirked and he lifted up the rifle that was left behind. Sharp teeth glinted and a crunch was heard as the rifle lost its pipe.

"Nomnom", Gajeel snickered looking at Emmett who managed to sit up, holding his head. "I told you I would eat this fire-stick of yours, I like fulfilling my goal once I've set one", he smirked, tossing away the remaining wooden parts and magic sealing stone bullets. "You okay there, Erza?"

"Yes, no need to worry", Erza smiled. The salt had wavered because of the harsh impact and she was free.

Gajeel smirked and he looked at Emmett who managed to get on his feet.

"I think we have still some things to talk through", the iron dragon slayer said.

"Dodge!" Erza suddenly commanded and Gajeel immediately hopped back just in time when a pair of white scissors sunk deep in the roof.

Yuidose grinned as he straightened himself and easily pulled up his scissors. Gajeel and Erza both felt shivers when looking at the towering man who resembled Bickslow and Roscoe strikingly.

"What interesting souls you have", Yuidose chuckled when inspecting Gajeel and Erza. "Burning with willpower, loyalty and passion. Unwavering, bold and courageous."

"Huh?" Gajeel snorted. "Can he see our souls too?"

"I don't know", Erza said. "Be careful."

"Was planning to be", Gajeel said and he snickered looking at Yuidose. "I'm gonna eat those fancy pansy scissors of yours too."

"So you will be my opponent?" Yuidose asked. "I gladly accept."

"Yeah you better! I don't give you a choice!"
"Yes! Show me more of that soul of yours and what you can do!" Yuidose cackled maniacally. "Show me how strong it can be!"

Gajeel sneered but when Yuidose left, he ran right after him. When Emmett moved to go after them, Erza lifted her sword and cut his way.

"You're staying with me, I'm your opponent", she said with an adamant tone.

"You're not suited to fight against my salt", Emmett reminded.

"Unfortunate to you, that's not something you can decide for me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...
230K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
89.4K 1.4K 20
(NO LEMONS) Natsu Dragneel and the rest of the dragon slayers are about to experience a certain... CHANGE... in them. How will they manage to contro...
62.5K 2.7K 55
"Sometimes the brothers that you need in life are fosters." Cold, sadistic, and a hint of crazy describes the pyromaniac perfectly. Never choosing to...