Rivals of The Princesses ( Ch...

By alexacrollae

A story which Rosé and Jennie are rivals for being the top student of their school. Having such big differenc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 : Arrivals
Author's note
Chapter 2 : "Get out of my way."
Chapter 3 : Social Project
Chapter 4: "Hanging out."
Chapter 5: "If only not."
Chapter 6: Picture
Chapter 8: Knowing
Author's Note
Notice!

Chapter 7: Small talk

494 36 4
By alexacrollae

Jisoo’s P.O.V

How funny it is to see Rosé and Jennie, my two lovely friends, to be so irritated and annoyed with each other. I do not really know why Jennie hate Chaeyoung that much that it caused Chaeyoung to hate her as well. However, it’s really funny that’s why I grew the liking of making fun of them whenever we are in the same room.

But from the last time I saw them together, they had an argument that somewhat made me worried. I saw them at that bench, I was just passing through that place when I heard them. Man, they always end up yelling at each other. Should I be worried now that they might end up hurting each other physically?

I shook my head and laughed at my own thoughts.

“Of course they won’t do that, they are both matured already. Though, sometimes they aren’t.”

I blurted it out, I mentally facepalmed.

“What?”

I looked at Lisa who is now wearing her pajamas, looking like a kid with her favorite teddy bear. “Eonni, are you talking to yourself again? Crazy.” She said and acted shivering.

Yes, she’s here. She asked for me to sleepover at our home, saying that she feels alone on her condo unit. She always ask for sleepover whenever she feels like and my family just got used to Lisa’s presence around the house.

Since we met, Lisa’s parents are in Thailand so she is living alone, studying here in Korea to pursue her goals.

I throw a pillow at her face that caused for her back to fall on the mattress at the floor where she decided to sleep.

“Yah. Lisa, you should remember that you’re in my place, specifically, my bedroom. You should not make fun of me nor disobey me here. I’m the boss here.” I firmly said and sees Lisa already sitting, holding my pillow I thrown at her with her face flushed. ‘Huh?’

I walked towards her and kneel down infront of her. “Hey, are you alright? You look flushed. Are you feeling ill?” I asked and placed the back of my palm in her forehead and she removed my hand immediately.

Lisa suddenly rolled down the mattress and covered herself with the blanket. “Goodnight!”

“You’re such a weirdo Lis.” She just whine as response.

I just laughed from how she acted and shook my head. “You’re such a kid. Dealing with you is like dealing with a younger sister who is dumb and annoying.” I blurted out and made my way to my bed.

“I am not a kid! Not anymore!”

Lisa yelled but the blanket made it audibly fine without anyone from my family outside this room to hear. I heard her mumbled a few words and got silent, maybe she fell asleep already. I chuckled and turned the lamp off. She’s always like this, acting all grown up but she’s really childish.

Compared to Rosé, Lisa is more child like when it comes to behavior, on the other hand, Rosé is matured and well behaved– she changed a lot from what she was.

I smiled at the thought of events. I am glad that we met Lisa, she somehow helped Rosé to change into someone who she is now.

Thinking about her, I remembered Rosé calling me about how she could make it up with Jennie about their not so good conversation and I told her to talk to Jennie. But I wonder if she managed to, I haven’t heard anything from her since morning. I might as well do something about them.

Rosé’s P.O.V

Chirping of the birds and sunlight passing through the curtain at the window of my bedroom woke me up. I stretched my body and looks at the clock placed at the small table beside my bed.

6:38 A.M

A cup of coffee is what I needed. But before that, I took my shower and prepared my self. I wear my uniform and fix my hair, applied a natural look make up. I am not a fan of too much make up specially if there’s no important occasions.

I heard the doorbell rang and I immediately grabbed my belongings and went on my way to the front door. I opened it and greeted Mr. Lee, our family driver. “Hello Mr. Lee, Goodmorning.”

He gently smiled at me, “Goodmorning too, Lady Park.”

I scrunched my nose at his greeting. “Mr. Lee, I told you already, just call me Chaeyoung or Roseanne, okay? You’ve been with us since I was young, I don’t really like you calling me Lady Park. I feel like I was born in a royal family.”

He laughed and I smiled, “You were born as one of the Parks, of course I have to treat you and call you the way it must be.” he opened the car door for me and I entered the car. “Okay, whatever you feel like doing, Sir.” Mr. Lee laughed again and started to drive and I just let my eyes wander at everything around.

Okay, I forgot my favorite part of the morning, coffee.

“Mr. Lee, can we stop at the coffee shop near the school? I forgot my coffee, I need it.” I asked Mr. Lee.

He nods, “Okay, we will. You sounded like an old lady by now Lady Park.” He teased me and I just pouted. “Mr. Lee!” I called him out and he just laughed again. His laugh is contagious so I find my self laughing with him.

He’s like a family to me so I got comfortable with him, Mr. Lee is the one who’s taking care of me ever since I went back here in Korea after staying in Australia for such a long time.

After a while, we stopped by the coffee shop and I easily bought my coffee and we headed to the school.

Mr. Lee went out of the driver's seat and immediately opened the door for me. I stepped out and bowed at him as he did the same.

“Thank you Mr. Lee, have a safe trip back home.” I told him.

“You’re always welcome, have a nice day to you, Lady Park.” He bowed again and he waited for me to step in at the front gate and he make his way going back to their home.

As I walked, students are greeting me already and I greeted them back with nods and smiles. I can’t drink my coffee, they keep on greeting me. It’s rude if I just look at them while drinking my coffee when they greet me with those flashy and energetic smiles.

I made my way to the hallway only to be greeted with more students. I said I already got used to this but the hell, I really prefer being lowkey.

The school gave me so much recognition for representing the school with my academic and physical performances along with few students since I enrolled here, that made the reason why almost everyone know who I am and talks about me whenever I am around or not. I thanked them for giving me the name and recognition but I didn’t really expect it to be this way though.

I took a sip of my coffee, I looked around looking for familiar people and there I saw Lisa and Jisoo walking towards with me, both are smiling cheerfully which made me smile brightly too.

“Hi guys. Goodmorning beautiful ladies.” I greeted them and they both kissed my cheeks.

“Oh wow, goodmorning too, Chaeyoung-ah.” Jisoo eonni said and grabbed my coffee and took a sip too.

I just laughed and she gave me back my cup of coffee.

“Heya Chong-ah, seems like you’re having a good morning now.” Lisa told me and put her arm around my neck. “Yeah, kind of, coffee makes me.” I answered her and carefully sip at my coffee again, afraid I might spill it on my uniform with Lisa’s long arm hanging on my neck.

Jisoo eonni went on my other side, “Yes, her coffee is too sweet for my liking, I guess the sweetness makes her all smiley.” She said and we laughed together.

We are just taking our time walking, it is still too early for our classes to start so we’re just chatting about different stuffs when Jisoo eonni talked about Jennie.

“How weird, it’s already 7:15 AM now and Jennie is still not around.”

Lisa and I looked at each other and we both just shrugged our shoulders.

“Why? What time does she usually showed up Chu eonni?” Lisa plainly asked.

I just sip at my coffee and I guess that’s the last sip for today. “Yeah, same with Lisa’s.” I just nonchalantly said.

Jisoo eonni looked at us and frowned, “She’s usually here before 7 AM though. I think there’s something up at their home again.” She worriedly said and she signalled us to walk again.

Come to think of it, she’s also unusually quiet yesterday. Is it because of some sort of family problems? Whatever.

“Why Chaeyoung-ah? You’re not listening to Lisa saying bunch of nonsense things, you’re her very bestfriend and you’re not giving a shit about her stories.” Jisoo eonni said that drifted me back to reality and we laughed, Lisa pouted and whining.

I apologetically smiled at Lisa and peck on her cheek. “Sorry Lis, I was just spacing out a bit.” I said and she nods at me. “Okay Rosiepoop, I got used to your habit of spacing out.” Lisa said and Jisoo eonni laughed.

“What were you thinking then?” Jisoo eonni asked and I looked at her.

Should I tell her? She’ll just make fun of me, knowing her, she will tease me about Jennie going at my place. Okay whatever again, I don’t wanna lie though.

“Jennie went to my house yesterday for our project. I decided just to let her go in my place since I knew she would not like more gossips of us hanging out somewhere. She was unusually quiet and calm, she supposed to be mean at me but she wasn’t.” I explained and I looked at Jisoo eonni who I thought would tease me but she just nodded and Lisa nodded as well, copying Jisoo eonni.

“I guess that explains everything, something's going on at their house, family issues.” Jisoo eonni said and we just all nodded in agreement and decided to make our own ways to our first classes.

Before we part ways, Jisoo eonni looked back at me.

“Talk to her Chaeyoung-ah! Please, on behalf of me!”

She shouted and other students are looking at her already so I just hesitantly nodded and left dumbfounded.

‘Okay.. So why me?’

After talking and convincing my self to see the good in talking to Jennie for I don’t know what reason why Jisoo eonni wanted me to do so, I finally made up my mind and I already started my way to look around for Jennie Kim.

Lunch already started and I have more than 2 hours to look for her, I have lots of time but I hope I wouldn’t need to spend most of that time to look for her, me skipping meals is a big no.

I didn’t see Jennie in my morning classes since we have different ones, I just have to look for her around and it is really weird for me to look for her since it is kind of not my thing, we aren’t friends in the first place.

I am having a hard time to ask about her since it would weird people out if I suddenly ask them if they have seen Jennie. Who would not be surprised right? Jennie and I are ‘rivals’ in the eyes of everyone. Also, I do not see her with some friends or group of people, Jisoo eonni is the only person that I see with her everytime.

The project happen to happened, so the first semester of school started peacefully, people doesn’t have to bet on who’s this and that, comparing us both in many things, not this time that we are working together for something.

‘Come on Jennie, show yourself—’

I straightaway walks toward the direction Jennie went, in seconds of seeing her over the crowd, she seems walking up to somewhere absent-mindedly. Good thing, it’s easy to recognize her in the middle of people walking and talking, her looks stand out. ‘Not gonna lie.’

“Please excuse me, thank you.”

These are the words I keep on muttering as I walked pass through a lot of students who seems amused to see me walking close to them. I just smiled at them and slightly bowed my head, they seem to enjoy seeing me that close. But I have no time for interacting, I have to talk to Jennie immediately.

Looking forward to see Jennie, I saw her walked upstairs, looking like a zombie because she seems lifeless while walking. Something's definitely off about her.

My feet couldn’t be anymore faster, I almost bumped into some people, it is somehow creepy and funny that they weren’t mad at the idea of me bumping into them. I mentally sighed and goes upstairs and in to my surprise, I only saw a door leading to the rooftop. There are no other students going through here, maybe because it’s lunch.

I looked around, waiting if someone would come here too but minutes passed, no one else came. I am even doubting if it is really Jennie that went here or am I just hungry and I am just being delusional because my stomach is empty. I shook my head from my silly thoughts.

I suddenly felt nervous, slowly, I opened the door and stepped on the rooftop and closed it. Cold breeze of air and silence greeted me, I contentedly sighed and closed my eyes, letting my self be relaxed at the atmosphere.

“Enjoying?”

I was startled and held my chest, thinking my heart would popped out any moment after I heard someone’s voice. Opening my eyes, my cheeks heated up, I am definitely blushing so much and that is not good at this moment.

‘This is so embarrassing.’

I forgot what to say for a moment, Jennie is standing infront of me with her usual cold and bored look. Too much embarrassment for me, she caught me enjoying the fresh air and silence.

“Why are you here? You followed me aren’t you?” She asked as she sat at one of the bench.

What should I say? I said earlier that I do not want to lie but this is very embarrassing.

I looked around and noticed that this rooftop is quite nice and clean. Few benchs are placed near the railings but far enough for safety measurements, there are flowers and small trees planted at the middle of the rooftop. Okay, this place is impressive.

“Liking what you see? You’re dozing off Rosé. I am asking you why are you here.” Jennie sternly said and looked at me with confused eyes.

“I-i am here because.. Jisoo eonni told me so.” I answered her. What the actual flock, I stuttered. Earth to Roseanne, why are you like this? I mentally facepalmed and composed my self.

Jennie looked away, “What does she need? She doesn’t know that I go to this place, you indeed followed me.” She scoffed.

I tried to think more of what could I say, but unfortunately, I am not good at lying so I will just honestly answer her. “Yeah, I did. Jisoo told me to talk to you on her behalf, I don’t know why though, she asked for me to this and so.. I looked for you.” I said trying not to sound so shy.

She haven’t said anything and just stare somewhere, she looks like her mind is above the clouds, thinking of something serious. I just stayed quiet for a moment, contemplating of what could I say or should I just leave. Jennie seems having her time to rest and relaxed so.

‘I’ll just give her the peace she needed I guess.’

“Uhm. Alright, sorry for interrupting you here, I’ll just go.”

I said and turned my feet to face the door when Jennie suddenly spoke, with such calmness yet sadness can be easily recognized on her tone. “What do you think of your family?”

My eyes blinked a few times, taken aback from her question. I am really surprised by that.. Her question is something I have been avoiding for a long time.

I looked at her and she isn’t looking at me but I can see her face and eyes well, she looks so different from the usual Jennie Kim who’s very mean and self centered.

The way her eyes are showing so much sadness, I suddenly felt like being so honest with her. She still haven’t spoke anything, I am not really sure if she’s waiting for me to say or just leave.

But I decided to tell her what I honestly think.

“I don’t know how can I answer that..” I paused for a moment and looked somewhere else. “But if I will be honest, I couldn’t tell exactly what I think of them, or specifically, if I still think of them as my family.” I plainly said and I saw from my peripheral view that she looked at me.

I bitterly smiled. “My parents.. They always say they care about me, they always say that they will be there for me, that everything they have done and doing is for me..”

This time, I gulped and looked up, I feel like my tears are going to burst at any moment. I thought I could say these things easily without feeling hurt but I was wrong.

“You didn’t really have to–” Jennie finally spoke but I cut her off.

I looked at her and caught her worriedly looking for me. I smiled without me realizing it, so I immediately looked somewhere again. ‘Okay.. So what's with me?’

“But I think, everything they’ve done and they’re still doing is only for themselves. If they are really considering me with everything, then they should atleast asked me what do I really like and want.” I continued.

I tried to look at Jennie who’s now standing and walking towards the door with unexplainable look at her face. I didn’t actually expect her to sympathize with me or comfort me, we’re not friends and so I could think of this as simply opening up something personal to a stranger. So I just really expect her to leave without saying anything.

“Okay, thank you for answering.”

As she said that, she right away opened the door and left the rooftop. I was left stunned at her words before leaving.

‘She said ‘thank you’ for the first time.. ’

~

Author’s Note:

I am sort of satisfied with this chapter! BAHAHAHA

Finally, I exceeded my own limits for 2k+ words, I reached 3k+ words now for this chapter and so I could label it as the longest one so far! Needless to say but I just wanted to share it with you all since I am having a writer’s block last time, writing this long is somewhat motivating me.

What do you guys think of this chapter so far? I hope everyone could see progress and development for Chaennie in this story! Let me know what you guys think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.7K 21
A fluffy, sweet modern GL story about a mature older woman and a cute university student.
16.6K 514 9
Wanna piss off your annoying ex? Date someone else, someone better. If anything, fake a relationship. It might be childish, but who knows how it'll e...
310K 10.6K 53
An unexpected relationship blooms in their high school life,instead of choosing one of them,Y/N decided to try things out with all four of them. Funn...
24.9K 795 42
Lisa and Jennie meet on a dating app and, after a succession of misunderstandings, they hate each other. Quite a lot. Although they would love to nev...