Rivals of The Princesses ( Ch...

By alexacrollae

A story which Rosé and Jennie are rivals for being the top student of their school. Having such big differenc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 : Arrivals
Author's note
Chapter 2 : "Get out of my way."
Chapter 3 : Social Project
Chapter 4: "Hanging out."
Chapter 5: "If only not."
Chapter 7: Small talk
Chapter 8: Knowing
Author's Note
Notice!

Chapter 6: Picture

333 27 5
By alexacrollae

Rosé's P.O.V

It's been days since that kind of talk happened. I don't know if I could describe it as an argument or what but it's a kind of talk that didn't go well. It's Saturday morning and I am still contemplating about what happened since then. She wouldn't really talk to me so I even asked Miss Yoona if I could just do the project alone but she refused.

So I don't really have any choice to do but make it up with her and that's something I don't know how could I.
I came up with the idea of asking Jisoo eonni what to do and she said I should approach Jennie, text her and meet with her.

The possibility of Jennie noticing me or replying at me is more than negative one. Headaches are coming at me for thinking too much about this making up to her thing when I believe it is not my entire fault.

She was so angry as from what I have remembered. I think I triggered her that's why she yelled at me but she can't blame me alright? I was pissed off because she was just having good time with someone else instead of working for things to be done.

I stood up from my bed and looks at myself at the mirror. I got eyebags, how great is that? I sarcastically thought.

Maybe I should talk to her today.

I picked up my phone and called Jennie's number.

The phone rang and I was shocked that she answered me immediately.

"Uhm. Hi?"

There was a silence and I can only hear her breathing.
I scratched my nape and felt uncomfortable because she's being unusually silent. I thought she would be yelling at me or atleast be mean at me.

"Jennie?"

(What? Why did you call?)

I frowned. She sounds tired or is it just me?

"I just wanna ask if we can meet today." I sheepishly said.

(Alright. Where?)

"My place. I'll send you the address."

(Okay.)

"Okay.. Bye."

(Beep)

Great, she just hang up without saying goodbye. This is what I expected right? Should I be glad that she atleast paid attention to my call? Wth.

I just sent her the address and goes to the bathroom to prepare myself. I don't want her to see me in my pajamas. She would make fun of me or think that I am slacking or tell me something harsh like she usually do.

After taking a bath, I made my way downstairs and fix some things at my living room. I also got my laptop on the table and few papers and pen, I prepared what I think we needed.

A few more minutes and I heard a car parked at the front gate. I went outside and saw Jennie getting her things from her car. I opened the gate. "Come in."

She didn't say anything and just followed me inside. "Take a seat." I told her and she did.

Jennie is awfully quiet. Is she still mad?

I sat at the sofa on her side and stay silent. Words that could be right to say at this moment are not coming into my mind. I felt like if I say something, I would make her mad. 'And what if I make her mad? Why do I care?'.

I scratched my eyebrow and looks at Jennie, she's been doing something on her phone. I haven't noticed but she's wearing a designer dress along with 2 inches high heels. Somehow, I felt self conscious and looks at myself, I am only wearing a plain white t-shirt with a knot that exposed my abdomen and pants.

"Here's my laptop and some papers and pens, we can use these things to do files and write down what we should put on it." I opened my laptop and faced it at where she is sitting. She looks at it and put her phone on her small pouch like bag. "Oh, I forgot. I'll go get the list of what we have talked about on the café, it's on my bag." I told her and went on my way upstairs.

Jennie is unusually quiet, she supposed to be mean at the very first start she gets here but she's not saying anything until now. Well, I will just use this opportunity of her silence to make things work.

I have to be attentive and make her see that I am willing to work with her for this. I am well aware that we could do this project alone by ourselves but we can't. We have to make things work by helping each other. Jennie have to work with me, I'll make her.

-

Jennie's P.O.V

She's taking up too much time getting that list. I've been typing here for minutes now and Rosé is still upstairs. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I don't really have the energy and mood to talk to her or to argue with her.

There's a lot of things happening with me now and I will just let this day passed without dealing with things that would annoy me. I just have to make the first ones we have to do before physically getting into places to do the project. Human Society subject of Miss Yoona is demanding too much stuffs other than the other subjects for real.

Sudden headaches made me stop from what am I doing. I have to blame my unending problems, I can't fully give my mind a rest. I looked around and noticed that this house is so quiet. Is Rosé living alone?

This house feels somewhat empty. Rosé serves as a ball of sunshine for everyone in the school as from what I have seen but where she lives is something contradicting to that image she have.

I stood up and takes a few steps and I saw a picture frame that seems to be intentionally moved. The picture is facing sideway, it looks like someone doesn't like to see it when sitting at the living room. Does she?

Out of my curiosity, I picked it up and a happy family is what my eyes see. There's only three of them, Rosé who was maybe around 10 or 11 years old that time by chubby her face was, her mother who exactly looks like her now and her father that she got some resemblance on. It looks like they had so much fun during this day and it is my first time to see Rosé smiled like she's the happiest. It feels strange, why do I felt sad all of a sudden? Is it because I hope that my family was this happy? Am I envious?

"Here's- oh.. You saw that.."

I hurriedly placed the picture where it was placed, cleared my throat and goes back to where I was sitting. I looked at Rosé who's carrying a tray containing glasses of juice and breads. She put in on the glass table and also put the list at the top of the laptop's keyboard.

Okay great she may now think that I am interested in her personal life.

I stayed quiet and looks at the list when she suddenly breaks the silence.

"10 years ago, my family went to Amusement park in Australia. That's where the picture was taken and developed." She picked up her juice and took a small sip of it. "It was the best day I had with them.. And the last one."

I didn't expect to hear that. 'What happened?' Huh? Wait. I do not know why I have to think that way. Why the hell I care? I shrugged my thought off. Why would I care?

I looked at Rosé and my eyes blinked a few times when I saw her smiling so sadly. Did she just opened up something personal to me?

I stared at her for seconds and her eyes is looking somewhere, visibly remembering all the memories from that day with a hint of sadness and pain, the memories of that day makes her happy and also hurts her so much. Her face makes that kind of look that I haven't seen ever since we met at school. She looks so vulnerable. My heart aches for a sudden, I looked away.

'What was that about?'

Do I feel bad for her or what? Why I suddenly felt unusually sad. Is it because I also have some issues with my family? I am confused.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Sorry for ruining the mood." She apologetically said and gets back to her usual calm and happy self.

I just nod and goes back to looking at the list. "I am not in the mood in the first place so you have nothing to ruin anyways." I said calmly. I am taken aback by how I spoke. Why do I sound like this? Wth. Am I sympathizing? God. No.

-

It's been 2 hours when we started working with typing and writing down stuffs. We agreed on making these files done and that's a rare thing we agreed about something. I think what made us like this was because of what she told me earlier. I don't know why but I suddenly didn't feel irritated to her after that. Like there's a part of me that understands her pain after I had a glimpse of her vulnerability.

"We're almost done." Rosé excitedly exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes. Forget about what I have said earlier, she's still annoying.

"Aren't your parents going home soon? I wouldn't like them to see me here. I am not a friend of yours." I said and I heard Rosé groaned.

"You're unbelievably mean all the time. No, they won't. I live alone for years now." She answered nonchalantly and laid her back at the sofa, making her self relaxed.

I shouldn't have asked- but so what? I do not know anything that much about her so it's not my fault if I did ask. She's living alone, maybe that's why I felt like this house is so empty, aside from how big it is for one person.

"Would you like to eat something for lunch? It's almost noon." She offered.

I looked at her with my left eyebrow raised. "We just ate the breads you brought here 2 hours ago. And you want to eat again? Do you wanna get fat and be bullied?" I irritatedly said.

She rolled her eyes this time and looks back at me. "I am being nice here, can you refrain yourself from being mean? And what's wrong with being fat? People who bully other people because of being fat are the ones who have some mindset problems. Fat people are beautiful in their own way."

I sighed. "I didn't say that there is something wrong being fat, I just wanna say that if you get fat, people would bully you. That's how life works."

She glared at me and mumbled something that I didn't understand.

How annoying.

"I don't easily get fat and I bet have more faster metabolism than yours, you're the one who should get worried about being fat. Look at your cheeks, they look chubby and fluffy." She mockingly said and walks her way to the kitchen.

Rosé left me dumbfounded. I instantly touched my cheeks and groaned, did she just said chubby and fluffy?! "You're so annoying!" I yelled and heard her laughed.

Did she just made fun of me? Argh. I hate her so much. I touched my cheeks and felt my cheeks heated. Argh! So annoying!

-

Rosé's P.O.V

Jennie already left and she didn't even said goodbye again. After a few minutes I teased her about her cheeks, she went home. I was just teasing her, she's so hot tempered. Aside from that she's so mean and bad at communicating. How does Jisoo eonni became friends with her? I really admire Jisoo eonni because she's able to endure being with meanie Jennie Kim.

I looked at the stuffs we used earlier. We already made big progress by making soft copies of details we needed. We could be done before the deadline. Jisoo eonni was right by saying that.

The picture..

My eyes looked at the picture that I don't really wanna look at since then. It's funny that I still display that here at the living room. Jennie was unusually quiet since she went here but she became more oddly calm and maybe I was delusional but she seems to understand me at that moment. I don't know maybe I'm just hungry.

Also, I suddenly remembered how Jennie yelled that I am annoying. I laughed again at the thought because she got mad at me by making fun of her cheeks. It looks really fluffly though.. I wanna try touch those- Wait what? Okay, that's weird. Maybe I am really hungry. I must eat now, cooking time!

Author's Note:

Are we making progress now? xD I know, this chapter seems lame but I wanted to include all these things in the story since it is an important part of it.

Anyways, excuse my awful grammars and inappropriate words if there's any. I am not really good at English language but I will try my best to show details and express much understandable thoughts of the characters. Thank you for reading!

Another chapter added!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 1.7K 13
Mainly about Jenlisa. If you're looking for comedy fluff, then here it is! (g!p/gxg) *Story full of nothing but cringe and fluff* - - - Achieved rank...
310K 10.6K 53
An unexpected relationship blooms in their high school life,instead of choosing one of them,Y/N decided to try things out with all four of them. Funn...
212K 8.3K 27
Jennie describes herself as a self-reliant being, she does everything by herself and for herself. Ever since she gained conscious of the cruelty of t...
21.2K 632 14
In which a normal girl accidentally called Jennie from a famous girl group BLACKPINK without knowing. On the other hand Jennie was fed up of her idol...