Rivals of The Princesses ( Ch...

By alexacrollae

A story which Rosé and Jennie are rivals for being the top student of their school. Having such big differenc... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 : Arrivals
Author's note
Chapter 2 : "Get out of my way."
Chapter 3 : Social Project
Chapter 5: "If only not."
Chapter 6: Picture
Chapter 7: Small talk
Chapter 8: Knowing
Author's Note
Notice!

Chapter 4: "Hanging out."

386 22 3
By alexacrollae

Rosé's P.O.V

It's already Sunday and I am still laying here on my bed. Thinking that I will spend this day with no other than Jennie. Which is very new to me. Who will thought we will have to spend a day together? I am bothered by this but for the sake of my grades, I will just keep up with her.

I lazily stands up and suddenly my phone rings. I immediately turned my body and grabs my phone at my bed.

("Rosé? This is Jennie.")

I looked at the clock and saw that it's already 8:30 A.M. I cover my mouth with hands in my surprise. 'Gosh.. I didn't noticed.'

("Rosé? Am I calling the wrong number-")

"No. It's me. Are you already leaving your house?" I calmly asked her, I don't want her to know that I am worried if she'll get mad.

("No. I haven't prepared yet, that's why I called you. I'll be sending you where will be heading. Goodbye.")

"Okay-"

She just suddenly hang the phone. 'How rude.'

I made my way to my bathroom and started grooming myself. I decided to wear a simple white off shoulder dress.

I made sure to bring my phone and every necessary stuffs I would need. I opened my phone and received a text message from Jennie.

Jennie:
Meet me at the Café near
at the park. I'll be there in
10 minutes.

Sent 8:57 A.M

Rosé:
Okay, I will be there at
10 minutes as well. See you.

Sent 8:58 A.M

I stare at the phone for a while, ‘Funny, we look like we’re friends by this.’

I locked my house and remembered how I struggled to convince my father about where should I stay while I study here in Korea. I told him that I would prefer to live at a condo unit or even just an apartment. Big spaces aren’t really my thing, especially when it is my place where I will stay for a long time. But he insisted that it is better for me to live in such a huge house so that my friends could come over and other people won’t think that he isn’t taking good care of his only daughter.

It's not that I don't like what he want what's good for me but I feel more alone with this big space. Well, it’s not really hard for me now since I've been living by my own here in Korea for years already.

-

I entered at the café and saw Jennie tapping her fingers at the table. I hurriedly went to where she is sitting. "Ehem." I faked cough to get her attention.

She looked at me and I felt somehow shy and intimidated for her eyes looked at me from head to toe. 'Rosé? You shouldn't be.' I mentally told myself.

She blinked her eyes and looks away.
"Take a seat." She said and I did.

"Uhm.. So? How we will start?" I asked her and noticed that she's not even looking at me which I find rude. I somewhat got annoyed. "Okay sorry if you got here first. Let's have to work things out immediately so we don't have to spend so much time together. Shall we?" I said with an irritated tone.

She stares at me and lifted her left eyebrow. "What? You sound so annoyed. As if I would love to spend my time until the end of the day with you." She said and rolled her eyes.

I sighed in annoyance and crosses my arms and looks at her to see her scrolling on her phone, seems like looking for something for God knows I don't know what's about.

"Okay, why not do this project with your phone, maybe your phone is the one who you picked to paired up with. You're not even looking at me to start this." I said as I closed my eyes to prevent myself from being so mean.

She put her phone back at her bag and made her sitting straight. "I am not looking at you, I might got annoyed and irritated the whole time." She speaks quietly, that makes me confused if she really does mean it or not but I just rolled my eyes for what she said.

"Whatever. Let's get started."

I don't know if I can last long with Jennie, I might just ask Professor Yoona to let me work this project alone instead of pushing myself to get along with this snobbish Jennie Kim, that's what I thought as we talked about the plans we should do.

-

Jennie's P.O.V

I hate it, I mean, I hate myself. I suddenly got lost in words to say after looking at Rosé as she came in a while ago. I got annoyed at myself and with her as well as something popped up into my mind as I saw her. 'She looks pretty.'

I rolled my eyes at the thought me thinking that she looks pretty today which is something I would not like to admit obviously. Well, I know people go crazy over her for her looks and all but not with me okay and besides, I'm straight.

'Wth, why do I even have to think about my gender? This is weird.'

She's annoyed, that's too obvious. We've been talking about our plans for 30 minutes already with arguments of course and I realized we haven't eaten yet. I noticed the waiter and the two waitresses waiting for us to order something. I facepalmed as I thought that they might think we're just occupying the seats that could be taken by the customers who'll eat.

"Jennie. Hey, I've been telling you my schedules for this week and the next one." Rosé spoke that pulled me out of my thoughts.

I signalled the waiter to come. "We have to order something, we've been here for 30 minutes already and it's embarrassing that we are staying here for too long without buying something okay." I whispered as the waiter approaches us.

She slowly nods and look at the waiter.
"Goodmorning, ladies. What's your order?" The waiter seem to be happy that finally we're getting something. "Just an Iced Coffee and your best seller bread for me please and anyways, sorry for taking up too long to order, we are talking about something important." Rosé said as she sweetly smiles at the waiter who obviously got starstruck with Rosé's looks.

'Too obvious again.' I interrupted them by ordering, "Just a capuccino for me."

The waiter jot down our orders and went to the counter. I rolled my eyes at annoyance, seems like this girl always caught people's attention in such odd ways.

‘Why do I have to interrupt them anyway?’
Oh of course, I want this project to be done as soon as possible. I answered my own question, that’s pretty normal right? I sighed and massages my temples, these nonsense thoughts are giving me headaches.

“Are you alright?”

I looked at Rosé and immediately sees the concern in her eyes. “We can talk about this the other day if you’re not feeling really well.” She suggested with such concerned tone and worried look.

'What’s with that look?’

“Concerned for me huh?” I said and she rolled her eyes at my words. I smirked and lift my left eyebrow, “I thought you hate me, what’s with the concern?” I coldly asked and looks at her plainly, waiting for her to answer.

She weirdly looks at me, yes, weirdly. For some reasons, she looks at me with a hint of irritation, coldness and I don’t know how could I explain more which I just got to see from the very first time. What do I know? It’s not like I got to talk to her everyday to know her better so maybe it’s just normal for her to look at someone like this.

“I am not as bad as you think I am, Jennie.”

She said and makes herself busy with listing the plans we have made from our conversation earlier or arguments if I may describe it. I looked at her for a moment and looks away.

‘Is it just me or she really sounds so sad by saying that. Is she disappointed or something?’

I rolled my eyes and shrugged the thoughts of mine again. Why do I have to think about it? I wouldn’t really care why but why do I feel guilty all of a sudden. I hate this so much.

Rosé’s P.O.V

“Have you heard the news? Someone saw Jennie and Rosé together on a café. Isn’t it very weird?”

“So it means they are friends now?”

“That’s very impossible for you to say, how could they be friends when they do not even take their time to spend so much time with each other since they came here.”

“Excuse me.” I gently said, interrupting their session of gossiping and to say that they are extremely shocked would be an underestimating thing to explain how they looked at me.

They nervously laughed and gives way for me to get through. “Oh hi Rosé, you look prettier than ever.” One of them says, “Thank you.” I answered her as I passed through them.

I mentally sighed from what I heard from them. So is it really a big deal for people in this university to see us together? ‘Yeah of course.’ They would be really intrigued by it I guess since Jennie and I are obviously not in good terms and I know that everyone knows about it.

First thing in the morning for this day and I got to passed through those students in the locker room and heard the news they’ve been talking about is very unusual. Maybe I should get used to it, I should get used to these gossips since I have to spend much more time with Jennie to work for this project.

And another thing I have to get used to, getting used to Jennie’s rudeness.

I am in my room now and my eyes immediately scanned around to see if Jisoo eonni is around. And there she is, sitting at a seat near the window. She looked at me and waved her hand, “Here Chaeyoung! Come!”.

“Hi eonni, why are you sitting in here? I thought we have permanent seats in Miss Yoona’s subject?” I asked her and she pointed her finger outside the window. Miss Yoona told us that we don’t have to attend her classes but some of us are still here because she still attends and discusses a few things.

I looked at her with puzzled look and she laughed. “Come closer, look at the field.” She commanded and I immediately did what she told me to.

This room is located at the 2nd floor of the building so I managed to have a good view of what Jisoo eonni is looking at.

I see Lisa and the other girls playing Volleyball this early. “They’re too early to practice for the Volleyball team.” I said and continues to watch them, Jisoo eonni does the same and stared at the girls or I can say Lisa as we talk.

“Lisa said they have to practice as soon as the classes start as well, they are aiming to join for a league and compete with other schools at the half of the year.” She told me while watching the girls outside.

“I didn’t know that, Lisa told you that? She haven’t told me.” I said and pouts. Jisoo eonni laughed and pinches my nose. “Maybe she thought you would not like to hear anything about Volleyball. But Chaeyoung-ah, have you changed your mind? Why not join a Volleyball team again? You will be a big help for them.”

I looked down and noticed the sadness of Jisoo eonni’s voice as she asked me that. “You know the reason why eonni. Besides, they won’t need me, they are doing good on their own from what I have heard last year.” I plainly answered her and smiles at her reassuringly.

She smiled back at me, “Oh yes I know and yep, they are. By the way Chaeyoung-ah...”

Jisoo eonni looked at me with a mischievous look and crosses her arms. “From what I have heard around, you and Jennie was seen at the café yesterday. How great.” She teased me and smiled victoriously as if she won a deal.

“Wow, the gossips reached you so fast, it is for the project eonni.” I rolled my eyes and sighs. I heard her laugh again and yes I like to hear her laugh because I know she’s having a good time but not with the time like this and not because she’s making fun of me.

She acted like wiping her fake tears. “It’s been the gossip around the school as soon as the day starts and as I entered the school, they were telling that you both are hanging out. It’s only days since the school year started and here we are.” She explained.

Me and Jennie? No way. She is testing my patience and bringing out my mean self by just her words. I still remember yesterday’s event and her question that I felt disappointed about.

“I thought you hate me, what’s with the concern?”

That part of yesterday’s happening flashed through my mind again. I don’t know why but I felt like she was mocking me when I was really concerned about her yesterday. It is not something I wouldn't deny, I was concerned.

It made me disappointed because I clearly saw that she thinks of me that way.

“No. We are not hanging out.”

A familiar voice interrupted me with my thoughts.

“Alright Jendeuk, I know that.” Jisoo eonni answered and laughed. After knowing that she’s already here, I went to my seat and as well Jisoo eonni.

I just waited for the class to start. Not minding how Jennie would glanced at me at sometimes. ‘What’s with her now?’ I mentally sighed again and shrugged my thoughts off. I wouldn't like to deal with her for today so I better just mind about other things.

Author’s note:

Longest chapter so far! I am very very sorry that it took months for me to update another chapter. I am having rough times since the pandemic started and I am so busy with my personal life’s issues and problems that caused me to be not able to spend some time to write for this story.

I hope some of you would still read this story that I would really like to give an end, I don’t like to just drop this one. Besides, I wanna know guys if you guys would like to see another ships in this story, just let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 193 11
COMPLETED Do read the first book if you haven't. Here's the sequel. • Jennie's comeback has been a success and continues to break records around the...
935K 26.3K 46
*18+ warning "I-I'm your girlfriend!" "What!?! How is that possible?!" Jennie Kim goes on a business trip with her company to Yongpyong Ski Resort. L...
305K 8.2K 53
[CMPLTD] They live on the same floor. They attend the same luxurious school. They have the same friends. They couldn't stand each other. And just whe...
70.6K 2K 33
You are an American actor searching for your next film. You weren't expecting to meet someone that would steal your heart. ----- Published 01/22/21...