Change of Plans

By Urban_Elle

Dave is breaking away the chains that have been holding him back and stealing his youth. He is on the path of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 10

1.7K 98 14
By Urban_Elle

"To me my girls is fancy fly b*tches
To my n*ggas straight snitches and to them other chicos
Lady pimp ain't havin' that sh*t
If you ain't got the cash to stash, suck my d*ck h*es
Strictly a bell ringer
Lay another finger on this big bad wolf miss lady rap singer
I be the one to blame as the flames keep risin'
To the top and it don't stop."
Lil' Kim ft. Left Eye, Missy Elliott, Angie Martinez & Da Brat "Not Tonight (Ladies Night Remix)"

Geneva

"Girl, are you trying to finish the whole bottle?" I snatched the wine bottle from Dionne's hand before she could pour another glass. It's my second to last bottle from the McBride Sisters black girl magic collection. It's so hard to find them in stores because they're always sold out.

It's girls night and all of us are at my place except for Chev. She's out of town for work. As an event planner, she does a lot of travel like me but she usually stays in the country. Once Chev builds a huge clientele, she plans to start her own company.

She can't wait to put together my baby shower. Mom has already declared that she will have complete control over my wedding. I love how those two are prepared when I'm not even at the point in my life yet.

"I need to. Brian has me stressed out."

"What did you do this time?"

"What did I do? Why are you assuming that I did something wrong?"

"We know you. I'm not saying Brian is perfect and doesn't make mistakes, but you know you have a problem." Amber replied.

"What is that?"

"You can be mean sometimes. You like to hide your feelings and act like you don't need anybody's help. You refuse to let your guard down."

"You didn't even let me explain what happened!" Someone's getting defensive.

"Go ahead. We're listening." We gave her the floor. I already suspect what transpired between them.

"So, last night I came from work and he surprised me by having dinner ready."

"Awww." Jada cooed. Dionne just rolled her eyes and continued.

"Anyway, he brought up the issue about meeting my parents again."

"And."

"When I tried to change the subject, he got upset. He said that if I don't introduce him, that may be the end of our relationship. His tone made it sound like he was giving me an ultimatum. How dare he threaten me like that?"

"You must be on something." I exasperated.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Do you know how hard it is to find a faithful and loving man who is more than ready to take a relationship to the next level without you having to give him cues or beg him?"

"Tell us what is holding you back, so we can help you."

"If I allow him to meet my family, the next thing you know is he's going to propose. I'm not ready for that yet. What if he's not the one I'm supposed to be with? I love him, but I don't want to feel like I settled down too quickly without exploring my options."

"You two have been together for nearly three years. I think you would know the answer by now."

"I just don't know."

"All I can say is that you two should have a sit down to talk things over. It's not fair to either of you to stay in this if this is not what you want."

"I guess you guys are right."

"How are things going with you and Maurice, Jada?"

"Pretty good. We have everything booked and ready for our vacation. I don't know if we'll be able to resist each other before then. I don't even remember why I agreed to the idea of no sex until we touchdown in Costa Rica."

"He's been tempting you?"

"Yes! He's know what that body does to me when he comes straight out of the shower and he just leaves his ding-a-ling hanging freely. I decided to play his game by wearing no panties to bed and putting my nipple piercings on full display around the house."

"I can't believe you guys have gotten this far because y'all are certified freaks."

"For real, I will never forget when I caught them when Jada and I were still living together. I had never seen that position before." Dionne reminisced.

"Girl, everybody who claims to have good sex does it."

"I don't. Chile, do you know how my back would be killing me after just five minutes? I'm not that flexible."

"What position is it?" Amber asked.

"The piledriver. You know, I'm upside down resting my shoulders on the ground with my legs bent as he squats over me and drives that magic stick in me like a jackhammer." Lord, when did this become a sex therapy session? This is too much.

"That actually sounds sexy."

"You should try it with Bobby."

"I definitely will." Amber smirked.

"Let me do a little demonstration so you do it right. Come on Eva." I was taken aback.

"Why am I the test dummy?"

"You need this too. Assume the position."

"The crazy sh*t that y'all make me do." I laid back on the couch and Jada lifted my legs up until my body was nearly upside down. She then bent my legs, pushing my knees towards my face. The way I'm feeling, only trained athletes can do this position because the way my body is paining me in less than 30 seconds.

"This is how your stance will be. You want to bring your legs back as much as possible, so he can easily slide in and pound you."

"Okay, we get it! If that's how Maurice is doing it, I'm surprised there isn't just mush in your head from banging it so hard."

"So Amber, What's been going on with you and Bobby?"

"He's been so sweet lately. Pampering me here and there."

"Do you know why?" I asked after the dizziness went away.

"It's probably because of the baby."

"What baby?"

"I'm pregnant!"

"Ahhh!" We screamed, hugging her.

"I love how you just sprung that up on us." Jada laughed.

"I didn't even suspect anything because you hardly drink and you've been sipping on lemonade all night."

"I know. I was trying to figure out how to come out with it. I'm only two months, so we're trying to keep it on the down low but we're excited."

"Do you guys want a boy or a girl?"

"I just want a healthy baby. Bobby thinks it's going to be a girl though."

"Awww. We're so happy for you. I always though Jada would be the first one to have a baby."

"Me too, but enough about me. What's going on with you, young lady?" They all turned to me.

"I don't have anything going on that will top that announcement."

"David still hasn't made you his official girl?"

"We're working towards that. We're just letting things come naturally."

"I bet you can't wait to sleep with him."

"I know, but isn't that bad?"

"No, it's expected. He probably wishes he could give you the business every time you two are together."

"I'm just afraid that when it comes down to it, it won't be good. It's been a while since we've both slept with someone especially him. What if he's rusty?"

"I highly doubt that but if that's the case and you truly love him, you'll teach him how to do it right so both of you can be satisfied."

"That's true. I'm ready but I want to make sure we're locked in before I give it up."

"I told you to buy the rose but you're playing games."

"Girl, the stories I've heard have me scared but I'll think about it." Women talk all of the time about soaking the bed with that toy, but it's the passing out and seizures I'm afraid of.

"Okay ladies. Let's make a toast." Amber announced, raising her glass of my homemade peach lemonade.

"To love." I declared.

"To friendship." Dionne said.

"To babies." Amber smiled.

"To sex." Jada giggled.

"Cheers!" We clinked our glasses.

"Come on. It's time to watch this movie." We got comfortable in our spots after refilling our drinks and grabbing more snacks.

"You got the tissues on deck?"

"You already know." I put the box on the arm of the couch and pressed play to start, Set It Off.
*************************************************

Dave

I got out of the car, taking the bouquet of gardenias and twin pack of Milky Way candy bars. I had to go to a couple places before I could find the salted caramel version of this chocolate because I remember Eva told me she loved these. Nothing is too much for her.

I locked the car and made my way towards Eva's building. I no longer have to work on Saturdays, so I basically spent the whole day at home in bed. I had to watch Ice for a couple of minutes while Keyshia was in the shower and Ric was knocked out.

I decided to make a surprise visit at Eva's place because I was bored as h*ll and I haven't seen her since Thursday.

"Excuse me sir." I turned around to see this teenage boy, wearing a black hat that said Frank's Pizza in it. He was carrying a large box and a small box with his phone in the other hand.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know where building 15 is?"

"Yes, I'm heading there right now. You can follow me."

"Thanks." He trailed behind me. When I reached the building and was close to Eva's door, I stopped.

"This is building 15."

"I appreciate it. I just have to find 3A."

"I'm headed there right now. Is it for Geneva?"

"Yeah. That's right."

"You know what? I'll take them off your hand. How much is it?"

"Really. Okay, it's $28.59." I pulled out two 20s from my pocket and handed them to him.

"Here you go."

"I don't think I have enough on me to give you change."

"You're good. Keep the rest for your troubles."

"Thank you. God bless sir. Have a great night."

"You too." I walked to Eva's front door and knocked. I hid the flowers and Candy behind my back as I waited for her to appear.

"Hold on. I'm coming. Hi, how much—." She paused when she saw that it was me. "Oh, I'm sorry David. I thought you were the delivery guy."

"I caught up with him and decided to pay for it since I was making my way here."

"You didn't have to do that. I can give you back the money."

"No, you don't. It's not a big deal."

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"And these are for you." I revealed the bouquet.

"They're beautiful. Thank you. You are so sweet."

"Girl, what's taking so long. We're starving!" I heard a female voice call out from inside.

"Sorry. I didn't know you had company. I just wanted to pop up and see if you wanted to chill, but I can go."

"No, it's okay. Come in."

"You sure?"

"Yes I am. I just want to warn you in advance that my girls might grill you." She stepped aside to let me in.

"What's the worst that can happen?"

"You'd be surprised. Girls, the pizza is here and we have a special guest."

"You let the delivery guy in?"

"No, cut it out now. This is David, my friend that I've been telling you guys about. David, these are my best friends who are like my sisters Dionne, Amber, and Jada."

"Nice to meet you ladies."

"Hi!"

"Nice to meet you too. We have heard so much about you."

"Good things I hope."

"Of course."

"That's good to hear. I also got this for you." I handed her the chocolate.

"You love to spoil me. Thank you. Make yourself comfortable. Let me put the flowers in a vase and the candy in the freezer. You can put the pizza on the table. I'll get some plates and find you something to drink. What would you like?"

"Do you have ginger ale?"

"Yeah. Does your stomach hurt?"

"No, I just like the taste."

"Is Canada Dry okay?"

"That's the best brand."

"Coming right up."

"Thanks." I took off my shoes and joined the girls on the floor in the center of the living room. They stared at me for a good minute before speaking.

"We're about to play Uno. Do you know how to play?"

"I think my black card would be revoked if I didn't."

"What about spades?"

"I'm not a pro, but I'm not bad at it."

"You might need to teach Eva because I don't know how many times I've paired up with her and lost."

"Y'all play different than how my family does. I end up getting confused, so it's not my fault. Here you go." She handed me the glass.

"Thank you. So, how are we playing?"

"Stacking is allowed, same numbers and type of card. You also have to say UNO out after your last card or pick two."

"Okay, fair enough." The order starting from me to the left was Eva, Dionne, Jada, and Amber. After Eva shuffled the cards, she gave us seven each and put the remaining deck in the center of the table. The first card was a blue 8. Dionne went first and put down a blue skip card.

"So you just gone skip me?" Jada complained.

"You'll get your turn." Next, Amber dropped a red skip, passing over me.

"It's like that?"

"Sorry not sorry."

"Okay." Eva put down a red +2. Dionne put down her own +2 card that was yellow.

"B*tch, you thought." Jada followed up with a green +2, then Amber added a +4. I had a +4 in my hand as well, but I could see Eva's hands and noticed that she had no good cards to save her. I decided to draw the cards to save her.

"You better draw all those cards n*gga!"

"It's okay. I got something for y'all." Amber ended up winning that round. We played at least ten more after that. These girls are really competitive. Imagine that we were playing for money. We ended up calling it a night when Amber got a call from her man. They all went home and I stayed behind to help Eva clean up.

"I hope you had fun."

"I did. It looks like they're warming up to me."

"They're a rowdy bunch, but they mean well. I think they like you."

"I hope so. Their opinion matters, doesn't it?"

"To some degree. Even if they don't care for you, that doesn't mean I'll drop you like a bad habit. I can make my own decisions."

"I respect that. Am I invited to the next girls night?"

"Now I don't know about that because it depends on what we have planned. I don't think we'll be able to call it girls night at that point."

"I understand."

"Thank you for staying behind to help me."

"No problem." I looked at my watch and saw that it was 12:43. The time really flew by. I got here around 9. "Dang, I didn't even realize how late it was."

"If you want, you can sleep over."

"No, I wouldn't want to put you out."

"You won't. There's another room here that's already set up where you can lay your head. I could probably find you something to change into."

"Are you sure?"

"I insist. There are a lot of crazies driving at this time."

"Okay, I'll stay but I've got an idea. We need a bunch of blankets and sheets, and I have some stuff to move around."

"What are you up to?"

"You'll see." She agreed to go along with it even though she was a little skeptical. I decided to build a little fort that we could sleep under. It's fun and romantic.

After she caught my drift, she grabbed an oversized t shirt for me to wear along with some sweatpants that were so long on me but they were warm. Before coming to the newly made bed, she went to grab her phone charger and to turn off any unnecessary lights. I saw a box of cards under the the tv stand.

"What game is this?"

"They're these conversation cards my cousin got me. You and  your partner go back and forth asking the questions on them."

"Why don't we crack them open?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not? Unless you're sleepy."

"Not really. Come on. I'll go first." Eva opened the box and picked up the first card. "Do you think it's okay to go through your partner's phone without permission?"

"I would say no. I mean, I think in a relationship you should be able to have access to your partner's phone but you should respect their privacy. Most of the time, if you're trying to do some sneaky sh*t like that, you suspect they're doing something wrong like cheating. You should just go ahead and ask them."

"That's true. What's the point of being in a relationship if you don't trust your partner?"

"Exactly."

"But what if they're lying?"

"The truth will come to light sooner or later."

"Right. Okay, your turn."

"Is divorce ever an option for you?"

"Yes. No one wants a divorce, but there's no point of forcing something that can't be resolved. Some relationships are just not meant to be."

"I would agree. I grew up Catholic, but I've seen some crazy things happen between couples and they refused to separate because of religion or what people would say. I have to do what I need to do in order to be happy."

"Absolutely. Alright, the next one. Oh my God. This one is so weird."

"What does it say?"

"Do you like hair or no hair down there?" I couldn't help but chuckle.

"No hair hands down."

"Okay, you answered that with no hesitation. There was no thinking about that one."

"I want to be able to see everything. Hair just gets in the way. I'm not going to force someone to shave it all off, but that's my preference."

"Okay. That's nice to know."

"What about you?"

"I guess no hair. I've never seen it another way."

"Why are you smiling like that

"I don't know why I find talking about this so funny. I was also going to ask you something, but I can't keep a straight face."

"Go ahead and ask no matter how ridiculous it is."

"Do you give head?"

"I do. Not to every person I've been with, but I do think it's necessary. I don't like it though."

"Wow, I have never heard that before. Is it because of a bad experience?"

"Nah, it's just not my thing. I already know you don't."

"Why do you say that?"

"I don't mean it in a bad way, but you look too proper for that."

"Oh." She kind of made a face and I could see that her mood changed.

"Eva, I shouldn't have said that. I never meant to offend you."

"It's okay, you didn't. I've only done it with my ex. I wasn't comfortable with it, but that's what he wanted so I went with the flow."

"You only have to do what you want. You should never feel pressured. A relationship is a two way street."

"Yeah."

"I guess we should call it a night."

"That's probably a good idea." I put the cards back into their original place and laid down on my back. Eva pulled the covers over her and laid on her left side so that her back was facing me.

Man, I feel so guilty. To other people, my comment may not have been disrespectful or out of order but Eva feels some kind of way about it and I don't want her to feel like that. We laid there in silence until I broke the ice.

"Eva, I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong."

"So, why do I feel like you're upset?"

"I'm not." I sat up and moved closer to her so I could look at her face.

"Then, look at me please." Her eyes matched with mine and I could see the hurt behind them. "What is it?"

"I'm just thinking about the past. When I look back, there are some situations I know I should have never been in."

"Things happen. I'm never going to do anything to hurt you or let someone else mess with you. Leave the past behind you and focus on our future."

"Our future. I think I like the sound of that." She grinned.

"There's that smile. Come on, cuddle buddy. Let's sleep." I laid on my left side and pulled Eva closer to me. I held onto her waist and she put her hands on top of mine as I snuggled my face into her neck.

"Good night David."

"Good night Eva."

*Vote and comment. Thank you 🙏 for reading 📖!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 905 20
(𝘯.) 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘀𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘢; 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
1.5M 89.5K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...
152K 6.5K 49
"What's Rae short for?" He continued before tossing his friend the keys to his car. When he unlocked it she noticed the matte black Trackhawk was in...
51.7K 2.4K 19
short story!