❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

thegirlinstarydreams tarafından

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... Daha Fazla

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| F O R T Y - S I X |

3.8K 628 234
thegirlinstarydreams tarafından

Falling in love doesn't always lead to heartbreak, honey.

 With the right man, it can be a one-way ticket to paradise.

***

Next day , early in the morning , Manik picked Nandini up from her home and now he was driving her to Affection . He was driving silently while Nandini was still in thoughts about what he told her last night . Manik saw her lost in thoughts asked her " Why did you need me to drive you ? " 

Nandini smiled at her question and said " I wanted you to do it as Even if its a business trip , my relation with Aryaman is somewhat inconvenient . And as you said we are dating , I didn't wanted it to be unfair for you , and if you be there Aryaman will know that I finally moved on ." 

Manik though had peace listening her , that she is coming in terms with him but with a teasing glint said " So you are using me as a shield . "

" No , no , no ." Nandini said in shock like how could he say that , but noticing that he had an teasing smile plastered on his lips she huffed and said " You know how Aryaman's and mine relation is . If you will be with me , I will get courage to be there . " 

Manik smiled at her and kept driving the car in silence , while Nandini smiled looking at him and then looked away . They reached Affection in no-time and saw Aryaman , Aliya and Anuj standing near the car waiting for Nandini .

Nandini got down the car , with Manik , while he moved to remove her luggage . She moved near the group and said " sorry about the traffic . "

Aryaman nodded at her lightly . Though he had settled things with Nandini and is happy for her , but seeing her with Manik still make him a little jealous but with a smile he said " It's all right . You are here anyway . "

" Thank you for coming Nandini , You have to teach me so much ." Aliya said , Nandini looked at Aliya in confusion and asked " Aliya , are you also coming ? "

Aliya nodded at her while Aryaman said a yes . Nandini nodded at it and in the mean time Manik came near Nandini with her suitcase . Nandini smiled at him which he responded back with a smile . Aliya smiled looking at them and thinking that Nandini will not come between her and Aryaman she was happy . 

" Hello , Dr. Manik . " Aliya greeted him forwarding her hand for a handshake . Manik looked at aliya and with a small smile he shook her hand greeting her back . 

" Thank you so much for taking Nandini here ." Aliya said , Nandini looked at Manik for his reply but he just gave her a little smile and said " it's my job to do it . " 

He then gave Nandini her suitcase's handle and told her " Take care of yourself . If you get hurt again , there is no such good doctors as me . " 

Nandini chuckled at his comment and said " Aye Aye Doctor . " 

Manik smiled at her and seeing that she will not come back with him now , he patted her head lovingly and said " I will wait for you. " 

Nandini smiled and nodded at him . He then got settled on his seat waving a small bye at Nandini he left , while she kept looking at him till his car vanished from her site . 

Aryaman took Nandini's luggage to keep it in the car truck , while Aliya and Nandini who stood beside each other till Aryaman kept the luggage . 

" So Are you really into Dr.Manik ? " Aliya asked her , wanting to know the relationship status of her . 

" Somewhat ." nandini said as she is really moving on in her life . 

" He is actually perfect for you . " aliya said with a smile , Nandini gave her a small smile and then they both were called by anuj as they will get late due to traffic if they don't leave now. 

They both got settled in the back seat , while Anuj and Aryaman sat infront in the driving seat and passenger seat respectively . Anuj started driving the car towards the airport while Nandini drifted back in her thoughts again . 

The things Manik told her last night came in her mind and also how he patted her head saying he will wait for her . She was thinking about all this when her phone pinged with a message , she removed her phone from her bag and saw she got the message from Mr.Kapoor . 

Mr. Kapoor - I have seen the plan and I am very satisfied . I believe our corporation will be very successful . 

Nandini read the message and her smile widened to the fullest and she said " Stop the car . " 

Hearing Nandini Anuj stopped the car at the side , and the trio looked at her , Aryaman asked her " What happened ? Did you forgot something ? " 

" Sorry Aryaman , I can't go with you . " Nandini said with her face radiating with excitement .

" Why ? " Aryaman asked her . 

" I called Mr. Kapoor last night . I explained to him why I quit from the project and had resigned , I also modified the plan of the deal and sent him , but he didn't replied to me , That's why I decided to go with you , but as he replied saying he agreed with the plan , there is no need for me coming with you ." Nandini said . 

Aryaman looked at her and asked " Are you sure ? " 

" Yeah , and after all I have already resigned , I don't want to go back . Here the plan is in this pen drive , I have marked all the changes . I have confidence in your ability , Aryaman. And as Aliya is there to help you I am sure you will nail the project . " Nandini said and gave him the pen drive . Aliya smiled at her while Aryaman too smiled . 

" Nandini .. " Anuj started to say something but Aryaman cut him saying " It doesn't matter . Thank you Nandini . "

" All the best ." Nandini said and opened the gate of her side and came out of the car , she removed her suitcase from the trunk and she happily walked on the footpath finding a taxi to go back . Aryaman smiled seeing Nandini going and being happy in her life . 

" let's go ." Aryaman said and Anuj sighed and started driving the car . 

----

Malhotra's Apartment 

Manik was caressing Lucy's hair and was playing with his fur with a sad expression as he was thinking about Nandini . He was rubbing Lucy's fur when his phone vibrated in his pants . He pulled his phone and saw Nandini message him a photo . He clicked on the message and saw it was her picture with the succeltant plant he gave her . Looking at the picture and her dress he could tell it was clicked today , which just made him smile to the fullest , as he got to know that she didn't went with Aryaman . 

" Why are you still home ? " Mukti asked him  coming in the living room .

Mukti jumped on the couch and saw him goofily grinning which made her smile and she asked him " What happened ? "

" Nothing ." manik said turning his attention back to Lucy . 

" It must be something about Nandini . " Mukti commented which made his grin wide . 

" Nandini did not go on the business trip with Aryaman . " Manik said with a smile . 

" No wonder why you are smiling . " Mukti grinned at him , Manik gave her a side glance and knowing she will not change he said " I am going to work . " and he started going when Mukti shouted " Wait , give me a ride ."

----

Amigos Cafe 

Nandini was going through her site and was looking at the number of orders she got .

" A strong hot coffee on the way , I made it myself ." Mukti said keeping the cup of hot coffee on Nandini's desk . 

" thank you , boss . I am flattered at your service . " Nandini said to Mukti . 

" This is to congratulate you on making the right choice ." Mukti said proudly . 

" It seems like if I left this morning , you would have breakup with me . " Nandini said chuckling . 

" No , I am just disappointed . But did you do it because of my brother ? " Mukti asked her teasing her , but her teasing soon turned into shock as without any delay Nandini answered " Yeah ! "

Mukti looked at her with an open mouth and after composing herself she said " You admitted it so fast ." 

Nandini chuckled at her comment and said " Because he had a point . Since I don't want any emotional affair with Aryaman I should not do anything that would make him misunderstand. I am really a dilatory person { a person who is slow to act } . I better learn much things from your brother . "

" Just because of this ? Wasn't it because my brother will be unhappy / " Mukti asked her with a teasing glint . Nandini looked at the other side knowing that she stayed back more for Manik's happiness , but she is not gonna tell this to Mukti , hence she lied " No ." 

" Really ?" Mukti asked her teasing scooting down near her desk . 

" Yeah , Now go , I am gonna get back to work . Several orders are still pending . " Nandini said and pushed Mukti a bit and started seeing the orders saying " sure , the redesigning of website had paid off ."

" Are you sure it's only the website redesign . Then is my brother's video useless ? " Nandini looked at Mukti as she said it , while Mukti removed her phone and said " I just saw the crossed ten thousands likes ." 

" really ? Show me ." Nandini said , Mukti showed her the phone and Nandini looked that the video of Manik and herself had really crossed ten thousands likes and the comments were just about how cute they both look with each other . 

Mukti saw Nandini admiring the when Mukti said " looks like it's the time to call my brother for the second video ."

" Yeah , Call Manik . " nandini said still looking at the video . Mukti looked at Nandini as she heard her just calling her brother with his name which made her smile and she said " I can't do it . It must be you to call him ."

Nandini looked down tongue tied with blushy cheeks . 

----

Next Day

Malhotra's Apartment 

Manik was settled in the porch area near his bedroom reading a magazine while Mukti was near the stairs trying to sneak up without coming in Manik's glance .  

" I saw you Mukti ." Manik said without even glancing at Mukti's side , she huffed at him with heavy steps she said " Brother  , you are in such a good mood . "

" Nothing unusual Mukti ." Manik said with a duh tone which made her pout , she moved near him and pulled the bean bag near his sofa seat and got settled on it saying " But Nandini just rejected Aryaman for you , shouldn't you be happy ."

" even if she didn't , I wouldn't be unhappy . It's just business . " Manik said seeing the magazine. 

" Keep fooling around . Why would you give her a ride if you weren't worried about her ." Mukti commented but her mind just blew as Manik commented back " Because I wanted to see her . "

" Can you stop your sweet -talk ? It makes me desperate to find someone for me . " Mukti said , seeing Manik not reacting on it she said " Bro , I think Nandini's attitude towards you has changed a bit . "                                                 

Manik looked at her with a curious look and asked " Why did you say that ? "

" Women's Intuition . At least she is not rejecting the relationship now . You should work harder now . " Mukti said with a grin . 

" Harder may not be better . " Manik said with a sigh . 

" No , if you wait for Nandini to make a move on you , you are done . " Mukti stated and pulled the magazine from his hand and said " You have to make a move as soon as possible . "

Manik looked at her with crossed arms across his chest he asked " Like the way you went after Abhimanyu ? You made him avoid you . " 

Mukti sighed at his comment and with a sad face looked at the other side . Seeing her sad Manik sighed and sat straight and said " Maybe men and women think differently . Tell me how I can work harder . "

" I don't want to talk about it now . It's up to you . " Mukti said with a crying voice .

Manik sighed at his sister's drama and said " what I have to do to make you say ? "

" I am not in a good mood these days , I am stressful . " mukti said pressing her head while from the corner of her eyes she was noticing Manik's move .

Manik sighed at her drama and took his wallet from the side table and pulled out his credit card from it . Mukti saw him and as soon as he pulled the card out she took the the card from his and hands and said " thank you , brother . The way you understood what i needed is amazing . Keep doing this with Nandini in the future .  "

Mukti was admiring the credit card while Manik just shook his head and asked " Now as you can say it . What should I do ? "

Mukti grinned at him foolishly and started telling him what to do . 

----

Nandini's Apartment 

Nandini was going through her Studios Instagram account where she posted the sketches of 'Mani' a day back . And the sketch was already in a great demand which was making her smile to much but also go in thoughts that what should be the next story be about . She was thinking about it , but her thoughts stopped soon as her phone pinged with Manik's message . She picked her and phone and read the message . 

Manik - See you this weekend . Let's talk about the next video .                              

Nandini gave a smile reading the message and mumbled " It surely must be Mukti's idea . " and then typed back . 

Nandini - Ok 

She was waiting for his reply and Manik didn't let her wait much as he replied him . 

Manik - Okay then , I will pick you up at 12 in the noon on Saturday .

Nandini smiled at his reply and typed him back . 

Nandini - All right , don't forget to bring Lucy with you . 

----

Malhotra's Apartment 

Manik smiling foolishly at nandini's message , and was typing her back , when Nandini entered back to the porch area with a small dairy fanning herself . As soon as she saw him grinning looking at the phone , she smiled inwardly but how can she stop herself from teasing her brother hence she said " The room smells terrible . " 

" What ? " Manik asked her as she started fanning the air around with her hands . She moved near him and scooted a bit lower reaching his face level and said " the sour smell of love . "                                                                              

Manik shook his head at her and looked forward and was going to reply nandini back when she smiled and dropped the mini dairy over his phone . 

How to get Nandini Murthy in one Afternoon .

Manik read the dairy's cover and looked at Mukti who kept her hand on his shoulder proudly as she said " I am much a reliable partner , Get paid and get it done right away . " 

Manik started flipping the dairy pages and saw there were much cheesy pick up lines and flirty techniques written in it with Mukti's not so cursive handwriting .

" Does it even work ?" Manik asked going through the pages . 

" Of course it does . " Mukti pouted at him and then continued " I have read every romance novels and girls comics of  years. I know most of the skills girls like . If a man did all the things I have written in it , all women would be willing to marry him . "  

Manik looked at Mukti still unsure and then read a pickup line in an almost bad tone " I am lost . Can you give me the direction of your heart ? " 

Mukti giggled at the line , and Manik looked at her with a bad face . 

----

Saturday 

Manik paced infront of Nandini's house wearing white formal shirt with blue trousers looking handsome like always , waiting for Nandini to come . He leaned on his car bonnet when he heard the first door of Nandini's house getting locked . He looked up and saw her looking alluring in a white long kurti dress , which had a few leaves pattern on it with black colour . Her hair were open like always making him fall for the silkiness of them .  

He grinned looking at him coming near him as she absolutely looking like a fairy coming down from heaven . She stood infront of him and noticed he was gawking at her and hence she asked " What's the matter ? "

" This is the first time I have seen you dressed like this . " Manik said admiring her , she looked at herself and asked him " Am I looking bad ? "

" No , you are looking beautiful ." Manik complimented her which made her blush , she looked down covering her blush , which made him smile . He then turned towards his car and opened the passenger door for her .

" get on the car . " He said , she smiled at him and got in the car , she smiled at his car as he kept his hand over her head preventing it to get hurt by the roof .  

As she got settled she heard the bell sounds from behind , she noticed lucy settled on the back seat . 

" Lucy ." She said and picked him up in her arms cooing her . 

" Lucy , How are you . I missed you ." She said cooing Lucy , while Manik got settled down on the driver seat . He smiled at her and she looked at him and asked " Where are we going ? " 

" To climb the mountain . " he said nonchalantly .

" To the mountains ? Wait let me change my dress ." SHe said looking at her dress thinking he was seriously taking her to climb a mountain .

As she was going to get down , Manik held her hand and giggled at her . She looked at him and pouted seeing his giggling at her and said " you lied to me . "

" You said , i don't have a sense of humor . " Manik replied at her .   

She pouted at him but asked " But where are we going ? " 

" You will know when we get there . " Manik said with a smile . She smiled at him and pulled the seat belt but not ebing able to completely lock it due to lucy in her lap , Manik chuckled and pulled the seat belt from her hand and locked it . 

----

Powai Lake 

Manik parked the car near the parking and helped Nandini to get down the car and picked the cage of Lucy in his hands . They walked through the little forest area to reach the lake . With Nandini admiring the way while Manik admiring her . 

" this is so beautiful . " Nandini commented looking at the beauty of the nature .  

" If you like this we can come here daily ." manik said to her . 

" Hehe , you want to live here all life ? " She asked him .

" Why not ? The longer we live , the longer I can stay with you ." Manik said with so much love for her . Nandini looked at him with surprise and asked him " Manik , Are you flirting with me ? "

" Yeah , Did I say something wrong ? " Manik asked her innocently .

She giggled at his innocent question and looked at the other side and said " Nothing ." and with little giggles she started walking with Manik following her , she said " that kind of flirt doesn't suit you very well . "  

Manik looked at her and as he saw her going forward so he pulled out the diary Mukti gave her and flipped few pages and read " Unexpected love words can break a girl's defense in an instant . Make her feel the power of you all the time . Such as unscrewing a bottle cap , Show your muscles casually . Show patience with small animals   "  

He saw Nandini stopped as they reached near the lake view , so he hurriedly kept the diary inside in his pocket and also kept Lucy's cage on the ground . 

" The air is so fresh . " Nandini said inhaling the fresh air .  While Manik was folding his shirt shelve till elbow and moving his left arm in a position like we pull dumbbells and started poking his muscles with his right fore finger . 

Nandini who noticed that Manik didn't replied her , so she turned towards him and saw him poking his left arm muscles , she made a confused face and asked " What are you doing ? "

" How do I look ? " he asked her showing his muscles . 

She chuckled lightly and looked down and said " Not bad . " 

Manik smiled at her words and thought " Mukti's method do work . "   

***

 ❤ Chapter 46 

How was it . 

Hope you like it . 

Manik will be super cute in the next chapter . 

Precap : The methods continue . 

Stay safe 

Love 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

245K 12.5K 24
PRIVATE CHAPTERS. Follow me to read ___ HE Loves HER SHE Loves HIM Fate played a Game with them They got Apart.. But after years..they met again, to...
23.2K 1.3K 5
Manik Malhotra A passionate singer..a rockstar who has so much inside his heart Nandini Moorthy A simple fun loving girl.... They meet ..they share...
181K 11.1K 23
A love story of two friends who live together from childhood ....But in teens we all get differences ......So will their teenage become the reason of...
161K 7.6K 45
This story revolves mainly around Nandini and Manik aka Manan. This story is how both will fall in love but they won't express their love. One mistak...