The Amazing Hero (Spiderman R...

By ThatSoftServeGuy

A Super, someone that recognises that their power also bares the weight of great responsibility. It's what th... More

Profile: Spider-Man
Author Notes
First Web
Quirk Assessment Test
Combat Training Exercise!
A Clash of Convictions
Class Representative
The U.S.J Incident Part One
The U.S.J Incident Part Two
Stories of the Brave
Season 2: Ambitions

The Practical Exam

3.6K 98 73
By ThatSoftServeGuy

Play: Yuki Hayashi - My Hero Academia: Dogimagi

(Source: Arestame Sound)

In the monitoring room, the spectators of the examination which were the Yuuei staff carefully examined and studied each and every candidate, some garnering capability to catch their eyes whilst others failed to do so.

???: "Clearly the candidates have no idea how many machines there are nor their location," A soft spoken voice addressed within the room, as the main monitor displayed one of the applicants exploding robot after robot whilst chuckling maliciously, "They have limited time, must cover a vast area and hunt down every last target.

???: "Some use information to plan out strategies," The voice said once more as the monitor showed a candidate with bat-shaped arms, standing atop of a building and surveying the area, "Whilst other use speed to get ahead of their peers."

???: "Of course, remaining calm under pressure is indeed a vital factor for a hero to have," He stated before the screen switched to split-screen between Bakugo and Y/N breathing heavily, with scattered parts of their defeated oppressors aside them, "As can pure power and combat ability."

Nezu: "The most successful candidates use a combination of almost all of these traits, they're the ones who rack up the higher scores," The voice revealed itself to be a talking rodent with a deep scar running across his left eye. His name was Nezu, and was surprisingly, the principle of U.A High.

???: "Hmm~ I'd say this years group looks promising, some more than others," A rather ravishing feminine voice called out, lingering her attention to the screen where a certain web-slinger could possibly be suffocating.

???: "Well, there's still plenty of time until this is over, the real test is yet to come," Another voice spoke up, this time it was a male, whose finger pulled a switch, which had the heading, 'Yaruki Switch'.

-X-

Y/N: "ARRGHHH!!!" He roared as he emerged from a pile of broken one-pointers, all of which scrambled to pieces by the teen's hands, "And that makes fifty. Alright...I think I'm done."

Abruptly, the training grounds began to shake violently, shaking the candidates off their balance as a few fell over. The remaining candidates that were all still on their feet all looked to one another, their voices carrying uncertainty and slight fear. 

Candidate #1: "What the hell was that?!"

Candidate #2: "Possibly a tremor?"

Candidate #3: "On U.A grounds? Doubt it."

As conversations sparked amidst the cluster of participants who gathered together, Y/N decided to solve the debacle on his lonesome and ran forward, springing onto a building with his adhesive skin before scaling the tall building.

Candidate #1: "He can do that?!"

Candidate #2: "I wonder what kind of quirk he has?"

Y/N: "The spider kind," He muttered to himself before he flipped onto the rooftop. As he did, he wandered towards the other side and began investigating the streets nearby, looking for any signs of disturbances that could've cause that massive rumble.

*BBBBBRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM*

Play: Yuki Hayashi - My Hero Academia: U.A Reporting For Duty!

(Source: Arestame Sound)

Y/N: "Holy....shit!" He cried aloud, bringing his hands up onto his head as he watched a gigantic robot emerge from the grounds. This was the Zero-Pointer Present mic warned the candidates to avoid. 

The participants below seemed to notice also and squabbled away, desperately retreating after witnessing the robot's emergence. Y/N watched them all flee rapidly and considered on running away as well.

He already had the points so what was the issu-!

"HELP!!!"

Y/N's eyes shot back over to the side he climbed up on. Shooting to the edge, he scanned the streets and stuck between multiple debris, he noticed the girl he saved moments ago was with another female, however this one was injured and the former was trying to carry her out of there.

To make matters worse, the Zero-Pointer hadn't noticed them and was trampling down nearby buildings. Y/N estimated it wouldn't take long until the robot tramples onto a nearby building and accidentally squashes the pair.

Y/N: "Gotta do something," He brought his attention back to the pair, "Fast."

After leaving the weird spider-boy to fend off the group of one-pointers, Jirou Kyoka decided to wait it out in a alleyway. She knew she already had more then enough points to pass so she didn't see a point in continuing.

That's where she met a girl of pink proportions. Apparently, the pinkette was doing the exact same thing as her. Then suddenly, a giant robot emerged from the ground and injured the pink girl, leaving Jirou to help carry her out of there. 

Jirou: "Don't worry! I'll get you out of here!" She called out as she held onto the arm that was wrapped around her neck tightly. The pink girl only gave a subtle nod before trying to move her feet also. 

"Man, I just love how history tends to repeat itself, don't you?"

Turning to her right, Jirou noticed it was the boy from before, who quickly got under and helped carried the pink girl with Jirou's support also. However, given his height and speed, he was practically disrupting the pace Jirou had gotten used to ever since they started running.

Jirou: "You mind giving us a hand?" She asked straightforwardly. Although she was no stranger to conversation or politeness, the current predicament held no room for common courtesy. 

Y/N: "Here, hand her to me," He held his other hand out to ask for the pink's girls arm. Y/N realised the girl had a busted up ankle and she didn't look well enough to continue running, or walk in that matter. 

Doing as she was told, Jirou watched as Y/N held the girl in his arms bridal style, without a halt in his step he turned back to Jirou to propose his next master idea.

Y/N: "Alright, now hop on my back!"

Jirou: "W-What?!" She stammered in disbelief, "You're kidding right? What makes you think you can carry the both of us, outrunning that?!" 

Y/N: "Trust me, lady," He reassured as he grabbed Jirou by her arm and latched her around his neck, "I can do some pretty impossible things."

With both ladies occupied, Y/N began kicking into overdrive as he leapt onto the side of a building and ran forward horizontally, with each step he scaled upwards, building by building until finally, he made it up high enough to jump back off again.

Jirou: "WAIT WHAT?!?!" 

Y/N: "I'd hang on if I were you!" He shouted as he fired off a webline with his absent hand, his other was occupied carrying the barely conscious pinkette, who seem to be grabbing to Y/N tightly. 

As he traversed for a safe spot to land, he could feel the rocker chick tightened her hold around him, prompting the teen to let out a chuckle. After a minute or so swinging around the city, it didn't take long for them to find another group.

Jirou: "O-Over there!" She pointed out to a nearby roof that housed four candidates. Y/N gave a firm nod and swung for the roof. With such grace, he swiftly landed on the roof without an issue, evoking the present teens to turn back and come to their aid. 

???: "Mina!" The candidate from before, the one with the rocklike quirk, shouted as he grabbed ahold of the pinkette who was now known as Mina. Y/N quickly took this chance to ask if everyone was alright. 

Y/N: "Aside from an ankle sprain, she seems to be doing alright. How's everyone else?" He asked, which he received some thumbs up and nods from the other candidates. One of the candidates, this time it was a girl with bright ginger hair, walked up to the juvenile.

???: "Fine, we're all just a bit shaken about the whole tremor," She revealed, prodding others to look at the arachnid in curiosity. Y/N simply brushed passed the group and looked back at the giant zero-pointer.

Y/N: "Speaking of that tremor, anyone planning on taking it down?" He asked the group, noticing their dull expressions as they looked to each other for an answer. 

???: "Why should we? We were told it's worth zero-points. It'd be best if we just leave it." The ginger girl asked.

As on cue, screaming could heard on the streets down below. The band of teens looked over and saw a group of teenagers running away from the zero-pointer, but they were barely making any meters.

Y/N: "That's why," He proclaimed, his face growing a serious expression as he stood up and onto the edge, "I'll try and slow down the Zero-Pointer for as long as I can, but I'll need those that aren't injured to help the remaining candidates out of the training grounds."

???: "Hold on, tough guy," The teen with the spiky black hair stopped Y/N as he began to voice his concerns, "We get that you're a total bad-ass and all but you can't take that thing all on your own."

Y/N turned back and noticed the baffled looks he was getting from some of the teens. They didn't know if he was actually being serious or was saying all that just to look cool in front of them.

Y/N: "You quirk is skin modification, correct?" Y/N deduced the teen's quirk, who looked at him bizarrely.

???: "H-How did you know?"

Y/N: "I saw you take out a heap of one-pointers before. You've got the perfect power to keep those guys shielded should debris ever be an issue," The spider addressed before preparing to take off, "Take the staircase down or improvise, I don't care. Our main priority should be getting them and the injured to safety. No one dies today."

???: "But how will you do it?" The ginger-haired girl from before asked, looking to Y/N for guidance as he turned back with soft orbs, "Taking on that thing all by yourself. How are you not scared?"

Y/N: "Who said that I wasn't?"

Play: Yuki Hayashi - My Hero Academia: Battle of Deku

(Source: Anime Music Novel TWO)

With those as his final words, Y/N prepped himself with a jogging start before ultimately propelling himself off the roof-top, garnering some major distance as he captured the eyes of every candidate on the building. 

Descending down into the streets, Y/N shot forth a web line and began zipping his way towards the calamity occurring in front of him. As he did, he quickly detached the line he was swinging on and dropped down onto the road.

He saw the impending candidates look to him stupidly before they quickly passed him. As they did, Y/N ultimately began picking up the pace, his feet picking up some pavement along the way due to how fast he was running. 

Candidate #45: "WHAT'RE YOU DOING?! YOU'LL GET YOURSELF KILLED!!" A guy with a massive tail yelled out as he looked back at Y/N. 

Y/N: "Keep on running!" He informed the band of fleeing teens as he shot out a web line upwards and right at the zero-pointer, "And don't stop for anything!!!"

In all seriousness, Y/N was afraid. Hell, at one point he almost fell over when he was running due to the amount of dread that built up in his body. But as he rushed passed the candidates and noticed the fear in their eyes. 

His primary goal as a person to protect others, prevented him from stopping. 

Y/N: "C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon!!!" He repeated over and over, psyching himself up again and again before he rocketed right for at the Zero-pointer's crotch. As he did, he met the metallic machine with his sneakers which did little to no damage, "Okay, why did I think that'd work."

Before the zero-pointer had the chance to fling him away, Y/N latched onto the machine's arm and rode it up high until he practically reached a point where he was comfortable with what he was about to do next.

Sending another flurry of webs at the machine, Y/N re-enacted his slingshot technique which proved futile again as the zero-pointer didn't even react to the attack. The robot raised it's arm and clunked itself over the head with it's own claw. 

Y/N: "Now that's a start," He muttered as he flipped onto the robot's arm, "Hey, Genos! Can you feel this?!"

He began assaulting the robot's shoulder with rapid punches that managed to form a small crater within the machine's armour. Soon enough, Y/N's spidey-sense blared loudly, indicating danger was about.

Much to his surprise, the zero-pointer could rotate it's arm, and as it did, it's claw rushed for Y/N, who leaped over the claw and sending the metal grasp up for tragedy as it ended up piercing it's own shoulder. 

Y/N: "Oh, you're going to regret that, tin-can!" He smiled as he fired off multiple webs to cement the robot's claw inside it's own shoulder. He then shot a web line under the machine's arm and swung forward, propelling himself up high in the sky.

As he was rocketing back down with his fist aiming for the machine's elbow, Y/N's descent was just what he needed to deliver a powerful punch into the machine's elbow, pushing the arm deeper into the shoulder, tearing itself off instantly. 

Y/N: "YEAHH!!" He cheered victoriously as he swung up and onto a building. As for the Zero-Pointer, it stumbled off to the side and took a second to assess what just happened. The candidates that stood by to watch all marvelled at what just happened also. 

Candidate #37: "That was amazing!"

Candidate #45: "It was like something out of a fanfiction!"

-X-

The spectating teachers were all left amazed and continued observing Y/N intently ever since he began brawling one of the Zero-Pointers. There were three scattered all around the cities so they kept a keen eye over each one. 

They were intrigued by the boy's combat prowess and his decision to divert the robot's attention away from the other candidates and onto himself instead. 

Midnight: "His giving them time to run away by making himself the decoy," She revealed as she held a finger to her lips, licking them as such as she admired the boy's selflessness, "Foolish, yes, but otherwise very alluring."

Ectoplasm: "He has an efficient control over his quirk given his mobility," He noted, "What was this kids' name again?"

Cementoss: "Y/N Parker, fifteen years of age and attends Aldera High." 

Snipe: "Gotta hand it to the kid, he certainly has a beast of a quirk. Makes me question what kinda type is it."

Nezu: "Judging from my observations, it's possible that Y/N is in possession of quirk that harbours multiple assets," He chimed in, surprising some of the teachers, "Though, it's origins are indeed a mystery. For now at least."

-X-

Y/N: "Hey! Hey! I didn't say you could go anywhere!" He roared dauntingly, zipping forward and delivering a powerful double-leg kick to the robot's chest, pushing it back a bit before the spider-ling followed up by targeting it's legs, which were more wheels than anything. 

He dropped down onto street level and began spewing his webbings to stop the machine's lower half from moving. Web by web, Y/N was covering the whole block in webs in an attempt to stop the zero pointer in it's tracks.

As he did, he doubled-back behind the zero-pointer and tugged at a singular web line that connected all the other webs in the vicinity. 

Y/N: "This is gonna suck..." He braced as he pulled on the thread which tightened the nest of webs, all of which trapped the Zero-Pointer from moving forward. Shortly after, the pull began and Y/N was quickly taken off his feet, "SHIT!!!!"

Digging both of his heels into the concrete floor, Y/N fired off another web back and was the only thing holding the Zero-Pointer away from the candidates that were fleeing the area. He could feel his muscles exploding with every ounce of tension the collision forced upon him. 

Unfortunately, the Zero-Pointer managed to claw it's way threw with only one arm and in doing so, it managed to snag the web line Y/N was pulling with, thus bringing the bewildered teen up with it. 

Y/N: "Oh damn..." 

Seeing his life flash before his eyes, Y/N was sent flying into the air where he was quickly snatched up by the zero-pointer, who began to squeeze the arachnid tightly. The latter quickly combated against the machine and pushed against it, his teeth digging deep into his lips as he contended against the machine's grip. 

Y/N: "Oh, you're not getting rid of me that quick-LYYYYYYY!!!!" To his surprise, the robot threw Y/N forward at rocketing speeds, forcing the teen to create blankets of webs to slow himself down.

After many attempts, Y/N finally managed to get his bearings together. At the cost of time, he heard the sounds of distant screams, evoking him to turn back and take notice of the robot's sudden change of course. 

Unknowingly, Y/N was actually diverting the robot to another batch of candidates that decided to take to the high ground, and they didn't look like they were capable to take on the giant behemoth. 

Y/N: "Seriously...stop hiding in buildings," He turned back to shoot a web at the buildings behind him, pulling himself back as well as with the blanket of webs, reeling himself all the way to ensure he'd get the full length, "JUST GET THE HELL AWAY!!!!"

Y/N quickly cut the web line he held onto and was practically soaring right back at the robot, who had just managed to tear the whole right side of the building, prompting it to tilt and consequently fall over.

Y/N, however, would make that act seem impossible as he slammed into the zero-pointer with such great force, he managed to knock it over. At the cost of his right arm, which was now facing tremendous pain, Y/N quickly swung forward and towards the left side of the falling building the candidates were currently in.

Y/N: "Everyone, get a tight grip on something because it's about...to get...bumpy!!!" He encouraged awkwardly before shooting a web line to the building on his left and the building to the right, which was the same one that housed the hiding candidates. 

As of result of acting as a lever for their escape, Y/N screamed aloud as the full consequences of heroism began punishing his body, starting with his battered right arm.

???: "Whatever that guy is doing...it's working!" A guy with a four gigantic arms proclaimed as he felt the falling building descending slower and slower, allowing the band of candidates to rush out towards ground level and spread clear of the impending calamity.

???: "Hey guy! You have to get out of here too! You'll die!" A feminine voice came out in the shape of a pair of floating gloves, called out as she looked to Y/N's troubled state. The latter looked back up and smiled.

Y/N: "O-Oh, don't worry...this sort of problem is no big deal, I can handle i-!!" He paused to let out a mouthful of blood as he felt his shoulder grow weaker and weaker the longer he kept firm hold on the building, "Okay I-I'm lying!! Get everybody out now!!"

Holding on for what seemed to be the longest minute of his life, Y/N looked to his bottom right and noticed the candidates scurrying outside as the building they were once in was being held steady by a battered arachnid. 

Oblivious to the arachnid, the Zero-Pointer had just gotten back up and was aiming it's attack right at him. The latter continued to hold onto the building, even as he realised what was currently standing in front of him. 

Y/N: "IS THAT EVERYON-..."

As the final candidate made it out of the building, the rest witnessed as Y/N was smacked and sent whizzing away threw several buildings. As for the arachnid, he was about to crash through his third building before he changed course and ended up landing awkwardly in an alley-way. 

-X-

All: "What happened!"

Nezu: "He...still kept supporting the building, even when the zero-pointer was moments away from hitting him," He replied as he remained cool under the rushing pressure, "He suffered several injuries but refuses to let this conflict with the Zero-Pointer go."

Snipe: "Despite those damned injuries, he can still keep going?" He marvelled, eyeing the wreckage Y/N's body left behind in the midst of his defeat, "His smashing through obstacles even pros would have trouble on. How in the hell is this kid not dead yet."

Cementoss: "It'll come soon enough if this keeps going. I'm stepping in," Cementoss proclaimed as he prepared to dispatch, "This kid has a thrill for action, but this is simply going too far."

Aizawa: "Wait a moment, Cementoss," He called out subtly, attracting eyes to him as he stared at the monitor displaying Y/N with hazy eyes, "Just stick back for a bit. See what happens next."

-X-

Present Mic: "Oh man would you look at that! Only two minutes left!" 

Y/N's eyes fluttered open as it did that very morning, only this time he was experiencing every spec of pain ever known to man attack his body all at once as he laid helplessly in the cold alleyway.

He had a chance to dodge it, his spidey-sense flared just as the Zero-Pointer aimed it's cross-hairs on him. However, Y/N couldn't risk the chance of letting the people in the building die, given that he led the Zero-Pointer there in the first place.

Y/N: 'My body...T-This pain is definitely...a new low' He thought with a string of distress. He sat up, using the brick wall behind him to support him. He could feel his shoulder joints stirring out of it's original place. 

Hearing screams and buildings collapsing in the distance shook the boy out of his dreamy state of mind. Seems like that last attack may have concussed him. He could still see the Zero-Pointer wrecking about in the distance, seeing roughly through the building holes he was sent through. 

Y/N: 'I...have to get up...' He spat out a mouthful of blood before using the wall behind him to help himself stand up, giving him room to inspect his injuries, 'I need...to get up...I have to...get out there.'

His hands were getting worse as blood began to spur from the cuts that formed under his knuckles. To add to further damage, because he strained his web-glands, it's possible his webs were roughly on the edge of running out. 

He stood up with a slight stumble before holding his battered arm near the wall behind him. As he did, he breathed slowly, in and out, before growling then slamming shoulder-first into it, popping it back into the socket as tears brewed from his eyes.

Y/N: 'C-C'mon Parker, get through...get through!!'

Stumbling forward, Y/N began to tape his hands with hard webs that he conjured from his wrist. He looked back at the Zero-Pointer and noticed it was still kicking about, possibly towards the kids he saved from that falling building. 

In his moment of reality, Y/N breathed slowly, his heart thumping normally before all of sudden, his eyes snapped open. With a goal in mind and his determination flaring brightly, Y/N got into a running start, his feet moving slowly before picking up in speed. 

Y/N: "No....I'll say it when I'm in the mood for an all out fight," He muttered before he began running rapidly, his figure ready to bounce back into action, "But as of right now...I just need to save...all of them."

Play: Yuki Hayashi - My Hero Academia: We'll Go All-Out To Stop You!

(Source: Bigael)

In a brace moment, Y/N launched from the ground and began zipping forward with his resolve burning brightly, rumbling towards the zero-pointer that etched meters away from the group of candidates that escaped the collapsing building. 

???: "Everyone, keep together!" One of the candidates ordered as the whole group ran like hell. The Zero-Pointer would seemingly make their escape impossible by destroying multiple buildings before flinging the debris over the heads of the fleeing bunch.

"Watch your heads!!" 

Luckily, a certain a web-slinger prevented that from continuing any further as he sped right pass the zero-pointer and towards the fleeing teens that were too occupied with the falling debris rather than acknowledge his presence. 

Y/N: 'Gotta make sure none of them get hurt!' He reinforced his drive to push forward by helping the candidates escape. He quickly got to work in ensuring that each and every speck of debris was accounted for. 

In his descent, Y/N spurred many strings of webbing which he used to catch every bit of debris. Whilst the little pieces would've fit nonetheless, the larger ones would've required a lot of heavy work in order to stop it from smashing into the crowd below.

He then switched up his tactics and ran on the nearby buildings, creating more and more webs which caught the debris, all of which helped in not only sparing the candidates below from a sore headache but acted as a barrier to help slow down the zero-pointer, which looked to be struggling with the amount of webbings present.

Y/N: "Sooner or later, I'm going to run out of webs," He spat accordingly before leaping into a swanton dive and then shooting forth web-line. The zero-pointer immediately took notice of Y/N's advance and swung it's only arm at him, "But if it means they'll continue to breathe another day, then I won't hesitate to act upon it."

Witnessing the metal lump go for an attack, Y/N quickly slid across the metal plate before leaping off at the last second, heading right towards the zero-pointer's face where he began to block out all the red orbs he could see.

Before Y/N could celebrate, however, he was caught off guard by a small earthquake, courtesy of the Zero-Pointer. Believing that being caught in his webs was a good thing, Y/N realised how wrong he was once he took notice of the walls and roofs being ripped off of buildings that had the webs he used to initially trap the massive tin-can, glued to them. 

Y/N: 'Now this is officially an All-Might level threat' He thought, feeling uneasy about the whole situation before sky-diving off the Zero-Pointer's face. The latter threw it's arm back and readied itself to fling the buildings at the fleeing band of candidates.

Y/N would quickly disrupt this as he flung himself right at the bulldozing machine, smashing right into it's only good arm with his feet before webbing it up with as much as fluid as he can, restricting it from winding up any throws.

Y/N: "Is that the best you got!" He taunted the zero-pointer before sending powerful strikes on the joint that connected it's arm. Swiftly the zero-pointer began to vibrate violently, shaking Y/N off his guard and up into the air.

It followed up by slamming Y/N into one of the buildings with a hard slap that let out a massive crash that was definitely loud enough for nearly everyone in the vicinity to hear. Y/N was swatted into a make-shift convenience store where he discovered many other candidates hiding.

Y/N: "Ok...that was pretty good," He grumbled in agony before his eyes began to shape out the people standing around him. 

???: "Hey man, can you hear me?" One of the candidates asked worriedly, shaking their hand in front of Y/N's face before supporting the back of his head up onto a cushion they found laying around.

???: "You reckon his still alive?" Another candidate asked, this time, it sounded more feminine.

???: "If that loud bang was him just then, I highly doubt he'll shake this off as a minor injury, but for the most part," This candidate paused to hold Y/N's right arm up and take note of his pulse, "His pulse is weak, but it's definitely there. We should get him out of here whilst we still can."

Abruptly, Y/N's unconscious state began to dwindle and back to the living he came, jolting up in a surprised state, surprising others also as they watched him stick onto the roof like it was nothing. 

Y/N: "Ugh...W-What the," He mumbled laggardly, taking a few seconds to scan the faces of everyone present. Y/N was met with new faces, particularly the one with bird head, "You're all looking at me like I'm a ghost...wait, am I?"

???: "You were close to becoming one with how weak your pulse was," The guy with the bird face stated as he moved forward to inspect Y/N's body, "How are you even standing right now?"

Y/N: "I always ate my vegetables," He joked before smoothly dropping down from the roof. He looked at the spot he came crashing from and winced slightly, "And...a lot of vitamins."

???: "Ugh! I don't mean to bud in but we got company!" The guy with blonde hair and a black lightening streak running down one side called out, bringing attention to the impending zero-pointer. Y/N walked forward in a eager manner as he readied himself for round...whatever.

Y/N: "Alright, tin-face! Time to settle this bout of ours once and for all!" He smiled wickedly, throwing a wild punch into his palm before readying a stance, "It's time to Spider-up or di-!!"

Present Mic: "And that's time! Pack your things, kids! You just completed the Entrance Exam!!"

Abruptly, the Zero-Pointer stopped in it's tracks, before all the red lights that shined atop of it's face turned white. It then turned around and began trailing towards God knows where, leaving the candidates alone. 

???: "Whew that could've ended badly," The guy who brought everyone's attention to the zero-pointer remarked before looking back to the root of it's attraction, who was now on his knees, "W-Woah! Hey are you okay?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah...just a little..." Before he could finish his sentence, Y/N collapsed to the floor, sending everyone nearby into a nervous frenzy as they ran over to help him. 

As for Y/N, he looked on at the zero-pointer stumbling off, it was on it's last legs before ultimately the damaged it succumbed during it's battle with Y/N proved too much and completely shut down and so did his body.

After the Exam was called off, all the candidates were told to round up outside the city where they would be taken back to the academy to get change or leave. There were also special ambulances that transported all the injured students towards the Medbay where they'd be treated by Recovery Girl.

Mina: "Ugh! Talk about a first impression," She sighed, "Who even designed those robots? And what were they on when they were making it."

Itsuka: "In a way, it's designed to test a student's capabilities," She informed, helping Mina onto a bench where she sat alongside her, "However, I really wish it wasn't so extreme. This school is intense."

Jirou: "And we're enrolling in it," She groaned, sitting by Mina as she tended to her shoulder, "So long as we did our best we should be fine. It's the only thing guaranteeing any of us a spot really."

As brash as she was, Jirou spoke the truth. Giving it their best was the only thing they could do. There wasn't any assigned tasks for them to complete other then having a high robot kill-count and giving it your all was the only thing to it.

Mina: "Hey, I never thanked you for saving me back there," She looked over to Jirou, clasping her hand on the rocker chick's arm, "That boyfriend of yours must be really powerful if he could carry both of us, hehe."

Jirou: "Who said he was my boyfriend?" She scoffed, folding her arms, "He's just some arrogant kid that came out of nowhere. Ugh, that cologne and tone of his, should've guessed he was one of them."

Itsuka: "One of who exactly?" She questioned, not quite getting what Jirou had in mind. Mina too had trouble understanding what kind of person Y/N was, judging off Jirou's words of course.

Jirou: "He's a punk enthusiast with a go hard or go home attitude," She exclaimed, blowing strands of hair from her face, "His cocky behaviour only cements it. Just...didn't imagine him being a rescuing type."

Itsuka: "Perhaps that's his saving grace," She chimed. From the limited amount of time she's known Y/N, she can agree that he can be overconfident and sometimes ignorant, but he upholds a sense of duty that she couldn't ignore, "He chose to put the lives of others before him. Saving you, us as well as countless other candidates from that Zero-Pointer proves it."

Mina: "Yeah and did you see his muscles!!" She exclaimed, "I doubt anyone could mistake him as some Punk kid. He practically looks like an athlete given how developed his body is, hopefully he isn't taking any enhancement pills or something along the like."

Jirou: "Sounds to me you've taken quite a liking to him. You barely even met him," She raised her brow, staring at Mina's crud face as her eyes landed firmly on hers.

Mina: "Well yeah. He saved our lives and kicked robot butt! Who wouldn't wanna be friends with the guy!" She squealed, completely diminishing the initial thought Jirou had in her head, "What makes you say that? Do you like him?"

Before Jirou could come up with a response, their conversation was interrupted by loud yelling, spurring from the entrance. As the crowd looked back, they noticed Tokoyami and Kaminari carrying Y/N out, his eyes barely open.

Candidate #120: "Woah, he looks completely drained."

Candidate #42: "Makes sense, he was the one fighting against that massive Zero-Pointer."

Candidate #94: "That's total suicide. Glad to see he isn't a pile of red paste laying somewhere."

Y/N: "W-Where am I?" He asked with a hazy expression, his legs baring no strength whatsoever, leaving it to drag across the floor as the two teens beside him helped carry him into an ambulance.

Tokoyami: "Take it easy, you're at U.A Campus. Whatever you did, it completely flushed your body which means you probably won't be able to walk any time soon."

Y/N: "Huh...that makes sense, all I can remember is...?" He tried to reflect back to what the last thing he remembered was, but it was fuzzy. Like a needle lost in a haystack, Y/N had trouble remembering but managed only to make out one face.

It was a girl with short black hair and purple eyes. She was wearing a rock T-shirt and had freakishly long ears, not too long but long enough to notice it was out of the ordinary, if that made sense.

Y/N: "I can only...remember her face," He pointed out, minding his head as he was boarded onto the ambulance with the help of one of the first-aiders, "Doubt I'd see her again."

Y/N: "Oh wait she's over there."

Jirou remained silent as she watched Y/N wave at her from the distance, even going as far as to try and talk to her which was quickly contained by Tokoyami who insisted Y/N get some rest, "What do you mean it's for my benefit?!"

Itsuka: "Seems like he's still kicking, just barely I reckon," She spoke, watching as Y/N desperately tried to convince his health advocates to let him walk free.

Eventually, they gave him some space which was immediately revoked once they realised he was trying to run away, "Okay! Didn't think you were that fast!"

After the students were properly taken care of, they were encouraged to take today's invitation as a learning experience and leave not with hope but with outlined goals should they fail to receive confirmation.

(A/N: Decided to cut this chapter short because I want to try something different. My apologies for the long hiatus but I'm back and I want to stick to my word on creating the story I tried to create two years ago but failed ultimately. In this chapter, I decided that instead of stopping the Zero-Pointer, Y/N will instead redirect it's attention to him and him alone. Because he was unable to do much against it, he focused on limiting as much causalities as possible. If this change urks you because of how ridiculous Spider-Man is in the comics, I've decided to use an ill-experienced Spider-Man, one who can't properly outline the max of his abilities. Super excited to jump right back into this and go on this journey with you guys again)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2.1K 31
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
1.2M 34.1K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...
123 15 5
❝HIGH ACHIEVER, DON'T YOU SEE?❞ Throughout the years in your previous life, your life is planned out with utmost certainty as you tried your best to...
26.6K 805 22
You are broccoli boy's cousin that had to move away from a very young age, leaving behind all your friends including him. Years later, through an all...