A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

By himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... More

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
Parth 2
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

Family and moments

2.7K 129 80
By himani1411

Adrika's POV

         That sleep was memory worthy after a long while. I didn't get up curling into a ball or wet pillow or my son sleeping on the chair that show he was watching over me protectively  while I was sleeping. Instead I got up to a peaceful face of my sleeping husband. All purity in this world somehow managed it's place in his face. I looked at him for how long I didn't know but he started waking up. He smiled at me and said

"You know I am seeing this same dream over and over again. When this thirteen years will be over i will ask you." I smiled at the innocence and leaned to kiss him.

"Its not a dream Love." I said before placing my lips on his. His eyes wide open comically.

"Yes... It's not. But this is more beautiful than any dream." He said. I placed my head on his arm.

"Love.. How was Aadi and Vriti's childhood." He asked. I sensed something unusual in it.

"Peaceful. We were in Island." I said not giving more information.

"But I heard you left for Mirkwood after Abhimanyu's birth." He said. Again that same feeling.

"I did. I needed their power while delivery. I wasn't strong enough to do the process alone. But then we return back to Island." I said.

"So there wasn't any attacks?" He asked finally.

"If you are forgetting we are talking about our children here. You are their father. Why you are tip toeing around me love. You have the rights to ask these." I said sitting up.

"I'm sorry my darling.. I was just.. I was not there to protect you all while necessary. So it was.. I don't know what it was.. I just couldn't." He said sitting up.

"Situation forced us to be separated for years. Don't let your guilt separate us for more. Kids need you. Spend time with them. Fulfill those years of absence." I said trying desperately to change his way of thinking. He gave me a smile. So I continued

"Aadi is great with swords. He often called the greatest sword master of his age, but he isn't the best. I think he will appreciate training with the best. Teach him the laws of war here, the intricate art of Swords."

"I will my queen. You will see, he will be the most fierce warrior of the War against Hastinapur." He replied.

"And Vriti is an excellent alchemist. Teach her your ways of potion making." I said.

"But you are the one who is best at it." He said.

"I know but there are some potions that you make well. And you know I'm vulnerable to Maya. You make potions with these ability. Teach her." I said.

"You are right. So now tell me about everything!" He asked. I knew it will be a heated subject so I avoided discussing it first thing in the morning.

"I will. But not now. Get moving otherwise you will miss Aadi's early morning practice." I said.

            After he left I was doing my morning routine while waiting for someone. A message came from Bhrata krishn. It was an invitation to join everyone at breakfast. Kids were out somewhere. I proceeded towards the dining hall. Subhadra was on my way waiting. We both went to the room. Everyone were already there.

"Adrika is here!" Jyesth said.

"Pranam jyesth, Bhratashree, bharta krishn.
Pranam Maharaj. Greetings Maharani." I said. The king of virat seemed a really well willed man.

"Pranam Maharani Adrika. Hope you have everything for your liking Your Grace." He said.

"We are people of Nature Maharaj. The gliter and glory of palaces isn't appealing to us. Forest is our home. But your hospitality is praise worthy. Not just for me but all my family. I would be ever grateful to you." I replied.

"It's my pleasure My queen." He said bowing a little.

"Call me Adrika Maharaj. It will please me." I said. "My identity is my name not my designation."

"All I ever heard about the brave daughter of Dwarika, the warrior princess and the learned is standing in front of me proving them. Adrika apka swagat hai. Virat apke agaman ko kavi nai bhulega." He said and I bowed.

(Welcome Adrika! Kingdom Virat will never forget your arrival in here.)

"When ever we are away from each other everything seem so uneasy. I constantly feel restless. Now knowing there are troubles ahead I'm so peaceful." Droupadi said as we three sat down.

"Badi jiji, you are right... Look at our kids they are also feeling the same thing." Subhadra said.

"Where are they anyways?" I asked casually.

"They said you gave them some adventure." Droupadi said.

"Oh.. Right. That slipped my mind. I send them in woods to find a place for me to meditate." I said pouring myself some tea. I brought Droupadi's collection to give it back to her. And she was delighted.

"Woods... Alone... Uttar and Uttra are also with them. If I knew, I would have send some soldiers with them." Queen virat started panicking.

"Don't worry highness. Adhrith and Vritika are with them. They are familiar with any kinds of woods. Nothing will happen to any of them. If its calms you, some of my forces are with them too." I said.

"No. I was there. No one went with them." She said confused.

"My forces are not always visible to eyes queen." I replied. Her confusion didn't dissolve. But before I could say anything

"Chhoti bhavi.. Is it true that you were attacked several times after Aadi and Vriti's birth?" Chhote Kumar asked.

"Just once. But I let the rummores surface. Sometimes they do favor a lot." I said while taking a sip of tea. "Droupadi this one is fantastic." She smiled.

"What happened there.. When you were attacked? Did they did something to you that scared you to go into hiding?" Maharani Virat asked. I didn't know why. The horrified days were circling in my mind.

"Maharani.. Have some sense what and who you are questioning!" I heard King Virat saying. But I started.

"I just gave birth to my kids in Mirkwood. It wasn't easy. I was weak, powerless and broken. Both physically and mentally. They were some week older when I decided to start my journey back to my kingdom. The purpose of my stay in elflands were fulfilled. My friend, the prince of Mirkwood wanted me to stay a bit longer but I was stubborn. Separation of family, husband, sister was overwhelming. I didn't want separation from my home as well. My grieving heart longed for my people in Island. He wanted to join me but I stopped him. His father was away and kingdom faced mutiny not so long ago. I didn't wanted to trouble him anymore. I knew my strength hasn't returned yet. My powers were divided to strengthen my children. Yet I didn't thought of this journey as any threat. In the middle of the journey we were attacked in our sleep. They poisoned our food with some sleeping drought. The elves were killed but when they reached my tent Aadi's cry woke me up. Weeks old child already noticed something bad happening and was trying to wake me. They had vriti. I don't quite remember after that. What I remember is when I saw there was blood all over. I took my children and packed as much as I could carry and left for the mountains. I suspected them to attack again if I took the way I was on. After 6days of hiking I got to a nomadic village. Where they lend me some water and milk for my kids. And were kind enough to lend me a horse. They tried to kill me in my vulnerable state so I knew they will try again. So I let out several rumors about these to keep them off my back." I finished.

"The nomadic story was true. They have a painting... See. " Chhote kumar said and show me a painting. It was a clear illustration of when I reached that village.

         I never told anyone anything before. I looked up to see my husband's eyes filled with love and respect. I didn't bother to look at anyone. Droupadi held me by shoulders and I leaned to her.

"You two are greatest mothers. I can be the empress but I could never be the mother as you two. Subhadra painfully rised Abhimanyu and present us a warrior and you.. Tumhe aur kya kahu Adrika.. Fight the death to carry them they fight to keep them from death." She said.
(What else can I say to you Adrika)

"I didn't rise Abhimanyu alone badi Jiji. Me and jiji both rise him." Subhadra said.

"Yah.. You can't get any finer young man anywhere for Uttara Maharaj. What did you think?" Bhrata krishn said said changing the subject to more of a cheerful one. I nodded a quick thank you to him.

"We think if we marry Uttara up to Prince Adhrith, it would be secure for her future." The queen Virat said. I looked up to her from my tea.

"Adhrith... Is younger than Abhimanyu. All the boys need to marry before him. Besides our culture in marriage is different than what you have here. I married for Love and we encourage our children towards the same." I said urgently looking at everyone.

"No offense to your credibility queen but isn't it supposed to be King's decision." She said.

"No offense to your ignorance queen but I am the decision taking authority of my kingdom and to further records my kingdom do not have a king. My husband's designation is 'prince consort". A king without any authority. But as a father yes it's his decision too." She was getting on my nerves.

"I go with your decision Adrika, we want our children to explore love freely before binding in a bond." He said looking directly looked at my eyes.

"Then at least wait for the war to be over." She said again.

"Uttara's future is safe with Abhimanyu. Don't worry." Bhrata krishn said in a end of conversation kind of tone. And it was settled.

      After a while kids joined us. They ran up to us calling me. Laughing, panting and calling. Aadi came and sat with Nakul. Vriti skipped away to Parth. Abhimanyu went to Droupadi. Prativindhya came and stand behind me with arms around my torso. After a battle of who will talk first. Shrutakarma and Surosoma said together

"Maa... I found you a place." I looked up to Prativindhya and he smiled down to me.

"No I have the place of meditation bhrata Sutosoma. You have a picnic spot." Shrutakarma said.

"You have a riverbank. I have a waterfall." Sutosoma said.

"Will anyone tell me?" I asked.

"Maa you tell me what you will prefer. A beautiful green Valley with flowers, little dark and misty. A soothing sound of slow river. Or a waterfall with rocks and pebbles." Shrutakarma said. I smiled.

"I'm sorry dear the valley sounds right. The waterfall is most likely to be visited by people often." I said softly to Sutosoma.

"I told you." Prithvi said.

"But we will make the place you find my kitchen." I said. Sutosoma came to me and hugged. "Come on now let's have some food."

     We all sat down. I was watching the kids talking to their fathers eating. It was some happiest moments. I looked at Aadi. He was calm yet there wasn't any emotions on his face. He was sitting in between Abhi and Nakul. Abhi was talking and laughing excitedly with Parth, while Nakul and Aadi were talking like they were at any formal dinner. Suddenly a pang of guilt pierce my heart. I remembered the promise.
"Promise me Adrika you will talk about me. Our kid will have his father in his life. "
The voices rang in my head. You failed him Adrika. You didn't kept your promise. Aadi don't know his father. They didn't have that bond. You failed both of them. I placed my hands on my ears to stop it. I could see some eyes were on me. Bhrata krishn, Aadi, Parth, Nakul and prithvi. I should not worry them right now. I got up and leave the hall. I was in corridor while I heard

"Love?" I stopped, then walk faster. He was so happy. I should not talk about it right now. I heard him jogging towards me. He held my arm and turned me to face him.

" what happened? why did you left?" He asked. I looked away. "Adrika tell me. What's bothering you?"

"Droupadi said I am the greatest mother. But how can I be? I failed my babies.. I failed you. I didn't fulfilled my promise. They didn't have their father in their life."

" what are you talking about? You fought for our children. You kept them safe while I didn't. You taught them. you made them extraordinarily amazing young man and lady. You give me two most precious gift of my life. They are children that any father will be proud to have. They love me in their own way but they do and you taught them this. You didn't failed me love! You did kept your promise." He said lovingly. Did I really deserve this much love and dedication..!

"But the bond Aarya. I know how much you will like to have a normal relationship with your son. Although Aadi is trying his best, but I know your relationship will never be like Abhi and Parth or prithvi and jyesth." I said. My own words were breaking my heart but it had to be uttered.

"Like any other? Tell me love. Is our relationship like any of those? In normal eyes we may be even called weird. I call it magical. How can you expect our son to be normal when we are not? He is our son my angel. How can I compare him with anyone? You know when he hugged me I felt all my prayers had been answered. I felt calm. I felt all my guilt, pain just washed away. Yes his emotions are bound. But his behavior is a part of his personality. He is like that. And I love him just the way he is." He said. I was thinking how could someone be so perfect.

"And you think he doesn't know his father.. Then come."

         He said and dragged me to the hall again. He instructed me to sit at my place and see. He started arranging the dishes. Aadi was in a deep conversation with Abhi and Parth. I saw he arranged everything with Dragon fruit around Aadi's reach. I didn't understand what he was doing.

"Son pass me that?"

              He said to Aadi,   who absentmindedly reach for the farthest corner of to get the avocado salad and passed to his father. I tear rolled down from my eyes. I understood what he meant. Even absentmindedly my son knew his father is allergic to Dragon fruit. He knew his father more than I expected. I caught my daughter's eyes. She winked.

       We returned back to our room. Kids need time with their fathers. We were talking about everything. From our journeys, changes and developments in island, their exile period. We were teaching our kids about important people they will face one day or other. Then some how topic turned to how I was before marriage.

"No seriously she tried to kill me at least three times before I could even ask her to marry me." Nakul said. I remembered my first time in Hastinapur.

"Why mumma?" Vriti asked.

"He kept catching me off guard." I said.

"Yah that's a crime." Aadi said sarcastically and they all laughed at me. Look at these children, how quickly their loyalty changed.

"Yah tell them how I tried to kill you. But don't mention how I saved your life." I said to Nakul. They looked at them.

"Loads of times.. " He said honestly. "Once even exchange of her own life.. " He said grimly. The poison case of khandavprast still haunted him. I looked down.

"How?" Aadi asked.

"The city we got as inheritance was the kingdom of magical snakes. They attack the city people. To save them till we could force the snakes to take back the poison your mother used her life energy." Nakul said.

"Mumma we aren't supposed to use life energy. You taught us. It's almost impossible to comeback from soul land if we do so." Vriti asked. She was right.

"Yes. But we didn't had any choice. We could not let those innocent people die who left their homes to come with us to settle a new city. And I knew your father would not let me perish. He would fight death if he have to. And he did." I said. I saw respect and admiration in my kids eyes for their father. They must have gain a new perspective to see their father.

"This is why the city is important to us. It has too much of our emotions involved to let it go." I said. They must know our reasoning of the coming war.

"Not now Adrika. Let's go and see what others are doing. Nakul said. We all got up.

"Baba.. What is important? War? Or us?" Aadi asked.

"War is righteous. You are life." He said. I didn't know what Aadi understood from that but I didn't. But I didn't thought more as well.

"I should make some food for bharta bhim. Otherwise he will say that I forgot about him after sons came." I said. We all went to kitchen hall.

Abhimanyu's POV

       The visit to the woods were calming and enjoying for my brothers. We felt like we were back in island. Safe and happy. We all longed the memories of island. We felt that we didn't get enough of it. We stayed three months in there. But again I didn't think we would ever get enough of island ever. I saw the smiling faces of my brother. They were enjoying a lot. It would have been a beautiful day for me as well if I didn't heard Maharani Virat talking to Jyesth Mata. How could she say those things about my Maa? My mind was clouded with anger. And then her son and daughter had to accompany us. I could not even talk to my brothers and sister about it. My liking towards the princess was now clouded by confusion and anger. Did she also think that about my Maa? Will she respect her greatness like we do? Those horrible words were ringing in my mind.

"Empress... How can you let your sons be around her so much.. She isn't normal. Look at her. She looked like she didn't age at all. We heard rumors. She worship dark lords. She had powers from sacrifice her morals to them. Many says she is a witch."

I knew Jyesth Mata would have defended her like no one would. But still it anger me to my limits. My Maa. A witch. She was the purest of pure. Noble. Holy as you could think of. She was extraordinary.

"I heard the stream nearby." Aadi said dragging me from my thoughts.

"That would be a good place for Maa to meditate." Prativindhya said.

"We are finding place for Queen Adrika?" Uttara said.

"Oh..you didn't know. I bet you are regretting coming with us now." I muttered under my breath. But she was close enough to hear.

"Why would I regret doing anything for your mother Prince Abhimanyu?" She asked. We were quite behind with Vriti and she was busy examining the weeds and herbs to notice anything.

"Save it." I said angrily. I knew I was being unfair to her but I was too furious to care.

"I don't understand your anger my prince. Did I do something to anger you?" She asked.

"I don't need your pretendence Princess. I know what you think of my Maa. Just as your mother thinks. A witch. Pathetic." I spat angrily.

"You heard my mother say so?" She asked softly.

"Give your thank to Almighty that it was me. If it was Aadi or Prithvi, only my Maa who you think such horrible things could save your kingdom." I said.

"Did you know Prince Abhimanyu, in Rajasuya jagyna of  Indraprastha, king Sisupal called Queen Adrika a witch. You know what her responce was? That when the male dominated society can't accept the knowledge and greatness of a woman they blame her to be wicked and sinister. History witness the witches are just very knowledgeable women." I looked at her in awe. This time not her beauty but her patience and respect made me stunt.

"I grew up with her stories. She is the face of women's worth in a society. Extraordinary but magnificent. I can't call her as a role model. More of a deity. I respect her with all my heart and life." She finished with a smile earning the same respect from me with it. I regretted of my anger on her.

"I'm sorry Princess Uttara. I should not have judge you." I said.

"Don't be. The respect you show for your mother shows that you will be respectful to all the women of your life. And that is all a woman actually wants." She said and gave me another calm smile before going up to Vriti. I thought you will get the same respect from me Uttara.

        We returned back to palace with newfound spirit and happiness. When Maa said that she will have her kitchen in woods we were so relieved and overjoyed that we would now spend a lot of time in woods. Woods became our home in those days in island. We spend day with our fathers. This was the day we were dreaming all these years. Me and Srutakarma reached the kitchen hall with father everyone were there except Aadi, Vriti, Maa and kakashree Nakul. Tatshree Yudhishthir gave us a task of eating without bending our hands. We would have looked really out of ideas when Jyesth Mata arrived and she gave us the solution that if we fed each other we didn't need to bend out arm. We fed each other and were laughing about it when they came.

"Are wah... Looks like Tatshree bhim's infamous laddoos... " Vriti said.

"Yes.. But you have to eat with your straight arm you can't bend it. That's the rule putri..." Tatshree bhim said. She smiled and went to him.

"Bas itni si bat... Yeh lijie." She said and hold out a laddoo for him to eat. We all were shocked that how easily she solved it. We all were sure she was way too smarter than any of us. Elders were beaming with pride. Tatshree bhim fed her the laddoo. She then hugged him.
(Just only that.. Here you go)

"You ARE my Adrika's daughter." He said.

"Aadi.. Vriti is much more smarter than you." I said.

"How do you know Abhi? I also known that trick." He said.

"Accha.. You do it if you are so smart. But don't copy Vriti's trick." Shrutasen said.

       Aadi gave him a smirk and picked up a laddoo. He threw the laddoo at Shrutasen that hit him on forehead and bounced back, Aadi caught it in his mouth and ate. We all burst into laughter. At the same moment the virat royal family joined us too.

"Why all your methods are so painful Aadi?" Shrutasen complained massaging his forehead. Aadi smiled a little and held him by shoulders.

"Always be like these boys.. Stay like this all your life." King virat blessed to which Jyesth Mata cried.

        We saw her crying but it wasn't normal we all sat around her she hugged us crying uncontrollably. I looked at Maa she was crying too while Kakashree Sahadev hold her. What happened suddenly. We were shocked. Aadi sat down in front of Jyesth Mata. She looked at him and cried louder. He looked confused for a moment then hold her face in both hands. Jyesth Mata's eyes rolled back like she was hypnotized. Her cries stopped immediately. And she was looking in his eyes without blinking. I heard gasps. Aadi's eyes were burning. I saw panic in Maa's eyes.

"Boys.. Step back.. Come here..Acadi" She said in such authoritive voice that anyone had to follow.

"What is happening Adrika?" Asked tatshree yudhishthir.

"Aadi made the channel. He is inside Droupadi. In her memories. She is showing her everything." She said.

            After a moment we saw Aadi was starting to shake furiously. His hands fall and Jyesth Mata's eye became normal again. Mamashree krishn pulled her from there. Aadi was standing there not moving a muscle.

"Did you show him the Dyutsabha Droupadi?" Maa asked urgently.

"I.. I could not stop.. He was too powerful. He forced my memories open.. I could not control.." Jyesth Mata was rambling. Maa hold her hand to stop her.

"I know.. I know... Don't worry.." She then took steps towards him. "Aadi... "

          She called softly. But Aadi scream. His scream was so gut crunching that it gave tears to all our eyes. But not for long he burst into flame. And in a moment he was raining fire. We all tried to shield the nearest person from fire. One moment went by.. Nothing happened. The fire wasn't reached us. We looked up.. Maa.. She was shielding all of us standing in front of fire. The fire wasn't touching her either. We were seeing her powers in front of us for the first time. The magnificent woman. The prakriti kanya.. Our Maa.

             After a while the flames died down. We saw Aadi on his knees. Still burning. Maa went to him. And hold him. The flames vanished. He got up with her and came to us.

"When?" He asked Jyesth Mata.

"Time is near." She said and hugged her. This time it was as heartfelt as Maa's or Mata Subhdra's. He looked at us.

"I scared you didn't I..." He asked us.

"Are you serious.. You my brother was on fire.. Both literally and metaphorically." Bhrata Sutosom said. We all laughed. He never felt to cheer us ever.

            Aadi showed us how much his love and respect worth. In a way we earned our brother that day. Now nothing could go wrong.

Adrika's POV

       I was half expecting this from Aadi. Glad it was over. I felt a lot lighter. Rest of the day was happy abd cheerful. We spend time with each other. Kids show me my places in woods. We made the kitchen together from wood. We discussed. I could see Droupadi wasn't very cheerful. And I could understand that. Then I noticed Prativindhya was looking rater distant. Maybe he had the conversation with Droupadi. I was curious of what she said but didn't asked. I let him decide whether to tell me or not. Late in the night I was returning back from the woods. It was a chilly night. Winter was approaching. I passed the boy's room on my way. Fire died down in the fire place. The room was misty cold. They must be cold. I thought. I went to the fire place and put a log on fire and restart it. The room immediately brighten up. When I turned I saw someone sitting in balcony. It was Prativindhya.

"Can't sleep?" I asked. He was jumped up.

"Maa.. You?" He asked.

"Your fire died down." I said sitting with him. "Droupadi didn't answer did she?"

"Why can't see understand Maa? Why can't she see that how important it is for me? Why can't she just be you?" He asked.

"Prithvi... Droupadi saw these questions in everyone's eyes all her life. Think what must have she feel when she see the same questions in her son's eyes. Who is supposed to love her no questions asked! Don't compare her to me or subhadra or anyone else. We don't have to answer the questions she was asked by the whole world. What happened back then was their righteous and what you will do is yours.. I didn't stop them from their, I will not stop you from yours. But I can say you that what ever happens in the end she is your mother." I said. He looked at me.

"How everything is so simple from your eyes.. Maa... Can I ask you for something?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Promise me Maa.. That history will know me as your son. History will know that you have two sons." He said. I didn't try to reason with him. He was way too above any reasoning. His love for me was.

"I don't know what history will know you by my son. But I promise that history will know me as YOUR mother." I said he hugged me.

        The moonlight was illuminatting the greens. Its cold light make my heart peaceful. I could now spend some days in harmony with my family before war. In my arms was the gift I never asked for. My son. Prithvi. 

An
Hi guys... Here it is.
It was a mixed emotions chapter for me. Tell me your views as well..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 7.6K 52
"Truth is like the Sun, whereas Realization is the first encounter with reality." But when woven, an unwavering path of Self-Realization is created. ...
HELLO MAHABHARATA By .

Historical Fiction

197K 9.9K 79
A sojourn it is. ❝His scent is petrichor. He shall always be the golden page of my recollections, of beautiful memories. The greatest archer of the...
8.5K 354 18
[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] Cover credits-@KanhaiyakiSakhi9112 Book one of AaVan's tale. Mahabharara, an epic that teaches us about justice , sacrifices...
157K 7.7K 90
π‘°π’π’…π’–π’π’†π’Œπ’‰π’‚, a young cheerful girl from Kaliyug, is reborn as the sister of the Pandavas after she dies. She was the apple of their eyes, thei...