The Coach's Daughter

By strwbrryglazeddonut

In a town where the high school football team rules the school, Amelia is just another face in the crowd. Sur... More

Introduction & Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
RANDOM NOTE CUZ IM FREAKING OUT
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Update
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW BOOK
Chapter 39 [M]
Epilogue
Final Notes
Zack and Amelia's Playlist
NEW STORY IS UP!
THE COACH'S DAUGHTER SEQUEL
Aesthetics & Fan Art!!
The Coach's Daughter SEQUEL is OUT!

Chapter 40

108K 3.2K 624
By strwbrryglazeddonut

Carrie drives us to the airport. I try my best to be cheery but it's obviously fake. When we arrive, she and Tommy give us one last moment alone.

As I look into his eyes, I don't even know what to say. I had so much planned but now that the moment's here, my mind has failed me.

"I'm proud of you," I tell him. And I understand.

He smiles softly. "I'm proud of you, too."

How do I even tell him how much he means to me? He's always been better at expressing his feelings and right now, I hate myself for it.

"This isn't forever," he reminds me, taking my hands in his. "I'll see you soon."

"I know but I'm gonna miss you," I say quietly. We stand, his fingers brushing my skin in reassurance. Remembering suddenly, I pull out a folder from my bag.

"This is for you. Please don't read it until you're off the plane," I say as I hold it out to him. I don't want him threatening the pilot to turn around.

His brows furrow in confusion as he takes it.

"It's the story I wrote," I explain and look up at him. "It's about you."

His face melts and he wraps me in a hug, shielding me from everything else. When he kisses me, it's a goodbye kiss.

"I love you," he tells me, holding my face to look me in the eyes so I know.

"I love you, too," I say back.

He pulls back and presses a final kiss to my forehead. "Goodbye, princess."

I watch as he walks away, staring until the 23 on his back disappears with him.

A/N: Vote and comment if u enjoyed this last chapter (minus epilogue) EEK!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 10.3K 54
Mia Hill. College bound with an athletic scholarship. A go-getter with big dreams and a fully thought out plan to make sure they come true. But with...
823K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
317 75 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
6.6M 129K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...