The Last Spring [Editing is i...

By IreneEthrin

Hyeyoon had always lived her life positively. She's cheerful, smart, and beautiful. Though she isn't the typ... More

Introduction ✔
Prolog ✔
1. Third Year of College ✔
2. Closer ✔
3. The Sunset ✔
4. The Sun Rises (First Time) ✔
5. Sweet and Sour ✔
6. His Rules ✔
7. Woman Instinct ✔
8. Emergency ✔
9. Ilsan ✔
10. Turn of Events ✔
11. Rain in November ✔
12. Flashback's Epilogue ✔
13. LT. Engineering & Construction ✓
14. Beijing, The Gala ✔
15. Attentive ✔
16. Welcome Back ✔
17. Dress Fitting ✔
18. The Solitaire Ring
19. The Beauty Salon
20. The Engagement Party
22. Seoul Branch (1)
23. Seoul Branch (2) Locked
24. A Friendly Advice
25. The First Flight, Shanghai Airlines
26. Kempinski Hotel Xiamen
27. Xiamen Branch Office
28. Avoiding a Scene
29. The Candor
30. Upside Down
31. Splendid China Folk Villages
32. The Potala Palace
33. Couch Talk
34. Morning Flight
35. Overnight Flight
36. Assets and Investment
37. Final Report, the Near End of the Trip
38. The Long Night
39. The Last Day of the Trip
40. Confession
41. Facing the Truth
42. Making a Decision
43. Finding Its Way Back
44. One Big Step in Life
Epilogue

21. Head of the Program Division, Kim Rowoon

600 60 39
By IreneEthrin

Seoul traffic was hectic as usual. Workers were going to their office and morning activities were seen getting more hectic on Monday. Rowoon sped up his car when the traffic light turned green. The guy was focusing on the road, though his mind was somewhat floating to somewhere else.

It was his first day working at Seoul Branch, and the sudden notification from the Manager last night was bothered him as he couldn't focus on the first task he was assigned to. The call came late at night when he was told that today would be the first expose meeting from the construction company. He was delegated as the representative of the HQ authorization in Seoul to supervise the entire design and building process.

The designation itself wasn't a problem to Rowoon, but the fact that he was going to have rather intense interaction with the Architect was kind of distracting him. He would need to assist them as the designing process was essential to the whole project performance.

Rowoon subconsciously fidgeting with his fingers on the steering wheel upon nervously having the thoughts in his mind. He then learned that he was near to his destination as the navigation noticed him, they would arrive in 300 meters.

Rowoon then turned his car to the office area of his company. He drove to the drop-off and stopped. Security approached and immediately recognized him.

The guy with his dark gray office suit then stepped out from his car and the security bowed. "Good morning, Sir," he greeted.

Rowoon nodded and handed him the car key. The security grabbed the key while Rowoon proceeded to the main lobby. The receptionist saw him and stood up.

"Mr. Kim," she bowed. Rowoon approached her and the receptionist handed him his ID card, "your ID card is ready, Sir,"

Rowoon took the card and stared at his photo and the name below, he was the new Head of the Program Department. "Thank you," Rowoon then shortly replied before he left to the elevator.

Three years had been passed since he entered the company right after he graduated. His team won second place at the competition and a few companies offered him and his members a position. At that time Rowoon was still unsure of what path he should take. He thought his life was already in a mess with everything that happened. But no. He finally found a way to restart and rebuild.

He took the offer and started the beginning of his career from the bottom. Worked as a staff, he and his mom first moved from their old house to a smaller house in Seoul. After a lot of consideration, their family agreed to sell the remaining assets his father left and started anew at a different place.

His mom agreed to live with him in Beijing for about a year. When Rowoon got the chance to continue his master's degree in the Netherlands, he and his mom then went separated ways as he moved to Delft where Rowoon had his master's degree at the Delft University of Technology, meanwhile his mom wanted to move back to Seoul and live with his sister.

A full fund scholarship was provided by his company to prepare him as the future lead generation. Though the step he took was not easy, Rowoon did everything until he reached his position today. Struggle, challenge, and the competition was only the beginning of what he achieved today. Even for the Head of Program Department position, he wasn't the only candidate at that time. Through a strict selection, he finally achieved and was assigned to his current position.

As today was his first day officially started his work in Seoul, The General Manager called him for a short briefing.

Rowoon hit the 9th-floor button on the elevator. Two female employees were already inside. Rowoon started to hear the two of them were whispering and gasping. Rowoon rolled his eyes in annoyance, tried to ignore everything.

The elevator dinged and reached the 5th floor where the girls walked out. Still, one of them stole a glance at him when leaving. Rowoon managed his cold and still composure without glancing at the girls and waited till the elevator door closed.

The General Manager's office on the 9th floor was quiet when Rowoon reached there. He walked to the secretary's desk and asked if the manager was inside.

"Please come in, Mr. Kim," the secretary then let Rowoon in as the manager already waited for him.

Rowoon walked into the large chamber of The General Manager office, he saw the man in his forty sat on his chair, facing the window outside and was back facing the entrance.

"Sir," Rowoon lowly sounded to get his attention and the man turned his chair.

"Mr. Kim," he exclaimed. He got up and gestured Rowoon to sit in front of his desk.

"Rowoon, Sir," Rowoon corrected as he thought that the Manager should address him comfortably.

"Yes, Kim Rowoon, right?" he ensured and Rowoon nodded. "Welcome," he reached out for a handshake which Rowoon took it gladly.

Jang Dong Goon, The General Manager for Microchip IT Company Seoul Branch took his seat and Rowoon followed him after.

"Welcome, to Seoul Branch, Rowoon," Jang Dong Goon started, "I'm looking forward of the two of us working together and it's very nice to have a young, handsome and talented programmer like you working here,"

Rowoon flashed a smile upon hearing the compliment, "It's all my pleasure, Sir, for having such an opportunity being assigned here in Seoul Branch,"

The General Manager looked satisfied with the reply and he leaned forward a bit as he was ready to deliver the first task for the younger man.

"So, as your first mission here, I received an email and assignment for you from the HQ in Beijing that you'll be assigned as a delegation from our company in Planning and Building Project of the company in Seoul, I already informed you this last night," Jang Dong Goon informed.

Rowoon took a moment before replied, "Yes, Sir. I attended the first meeting with the Construction Company that handled the project, with Mr. Xu and few other Stakeholders,"

"Yes, that's it," Jang Dong Goon then slid a piece of paper and showed it to Rowoon. The young man read the letter of assignment, and there was stated he would be the supervise from the owner company.

Jang Dong Goon then continued, "and they will expose the first building design today at 11 AM, the details of the expose will be informed shortly," he then pierced his gaze to Rowoon and gave the younger man his order, "You have to attend the expose meeting and report to me every progress they make, I want it detail and well-organized,"

Rowoon returned his gaze with equal sharpness and reassured, "Will do my best, Sir,"

"Good," he was convinced. The next second was Jang Dong Goon talked to his secretary through the intercom and not long after, the secretary came in.

"The material was being sent to your office, Mr. Kim," she informed and Rowoon nodded. He turned back to see The General Manager and excused his leave.

The General Manager then nodded in satisfaction before Rowoon excused himself. He then walked out of The General Manager's office and headed straight to the 7th floor where his department was located.

* * *

The meeting was scheduled at 11 AM, and three knocks were heard as Rowoon was working on his PC.

"Come in," his deep voice sounded and the door opened. Showing his secretary stood by the doorway.

"Sir, the meeting will start in 15 minutes," the girl's voice was speaking rather softly but Rowoon remained focused on his screen. Didn't bother to look at the pretty girl that assigned as his secretary starting today.

Rowoon was busy clicking and typing on his keyboard, his expression was flat and the pause was kind of making the girl awkward and uncomfortable.

Rowoon then finished his typing and finally turned his face to look at his secretary. "I'll be there in five minutes. Get ready," he replied and commanded shortly which gained a nod by the girl and she excused her leave.

After the sound of the door closed, Rowoon stood up and grabbed his suit. He was facing the large window while putting his suit on and his dark fierce eyes piercing to the view as he stared at the city skyline through the clear glass.

Though he was a hundred percent sure he would be able to manage his cold neutral demeanor, Rowoon still felt uneasy inside. His heart somewhat felt anxious and excited at the same time as he knew who he would meet in a moment.

Rowoon stepped his long limbs out of his office which was greeted by the girl in front of his office door. Standing there waiting for him. Rowoon glanced at her name tag. Seo YoonAh. The girl named Seo YoonAh then lowered her gaze and letting Rowoon passed her to walk first.

The meeting room was filled with a few people. The General Manager wasn't there yet but his secretary was already stand-by.

There were another two persons which Rowoon didn't recognize them at all. He was guessing they must be from the construction company.

The girl bowed to him first as she learned his present. "Good afternoon, Sir, I'm Kim Dahyun and he's Jo Gunjoo," the girl nudged the guy beside her and the guy raised his face. He was fixing his glasses and bowed.

Rowoon nodded and took his seat at the corner of the meeting table. The fact that the construction company should have let the Architect or their team leader present at the meeting had intrigued Rowoon to ask.

"Is it only the two of you?" to the sound of Rowoon's question, Dahyun glanced over at Gunjoo and the guy looked at her.

Gunjoo then braced himself to answer the question by informing that the Manager and the Architect had just arrived at the lobby and they were heading to the meeting room. Rowoon didn't respond to the information and started to read the handout in his hands when another two people came into the meeting room which Rowoon immediately knew who they were.

The guy then approached him right away once he learned that Rowoon already waited there for them. Whereas the lady right behind him was standing by her spot rigidly. She noticed who was sitting and when their eyes met, the girl immediately diverted her gaze and awkwardly walked to her other colleagues.

Hyeyoon talked to Dahyun and the girl gave her the handout. She was reading it as today she would be presented their project. Dahyun then nudged Hyeyoon's arm and the girl gazed at her.

"Eonni, that's the new Head of the Program Division, I heard from my friend who was assigned as his secretary," Dahyun whispered. Hyeyoon didn't know what to respond and just listened as Dahyun proceeded, "I heard from the rumor, he's the Cold City Guy people were talking about,"

Hyeyoon frowned to the information and questioned the younger girl, "The Cold City Guy?" Hyeyoon looked completely clueless. Hyeyoon never thought that the first thing she would hear today was people gossiping about him.

"You know, a handsome guy with cold demeanor and kind of impregnable," Dahyun tried to explain.

Hyeyoon nodded, she knew what was the actual meaning. But Hyeyoon tried to confirm on what direction Dahyun was trying to lead her with all the information, "Why people call him that way?" she couldn't hide her curiousness and ask the latter anyway.

Dahyun shrugged, "I only heard once from my friend, she said, he is the serious type of guy who won't let people get close to him. He always set proper proximity while interacting with other people. From what I heard, he never let anyone get very close to him," Dahyun was now got very excited over her explanation while Hyeyoon just listened to her.

The girl kept going with her stories, "He's so damn handsome, yet he never been seen together with any girls, he's always by himself or hanging out with his male friends,"

Hyeyoon got even more confused with the news. She didn't think that-well, he's Rowoon now-he was that kind of guy before. But then Hyeyoon reminded herself that three years had been passed and everyone changed, so did her. If Rowoon had changed after all these years because of his circumstances, it was understandable.

Hyeyoon stole a glance at the two guys who now were having a conversation and then told Dahyun to stop gossiping and started preparing the material.

Kiyong was still enthusiastically explained the content of the handout they provided to Rowoon which he responded mostly with nods. His focus was divided between the handout, Kiyong's explanation and sometimes he was eyeing the girl across the room who stole glances once or twice in his direction.

Rowoon then heard that Kiyong started to introduced Rowoon that they got a very talented Architect. Rowoon glanced over at Hyeyoon who still stood there by the girl named Dahyun and focusing on her phone. Kiyong then realized where Rowoon was staring at and called Hyeyoon.

"Hyeyoon," Kiyong was calling the girl which she responded with a blank stare at first. When she realized that Kiyong gestured her to come over, Hyeyoon slowly walked and approached them.

Hyeyoon then stood by Kiyong's side and Kiyong told her to sit. Kiyong introduced her as the Architect and gave Rowoon the best compliments he could hear about the girl that she was the best arranger and designer he ever met.

Before Hyeyoon could utter anything to reply, Rowoon suddenly sounded. "Long time no see, Hyeyoon," he called her by her name without any honorific which causing the other parties presented in the scene were all stunned and curiously looked at the tall guy. Kiyong was no exception. He stared at the two of them and he immediately recalled something.

He looked at Hyeyoon and lowly spoke to her, "you guys know each other?" he then remembered that the two of them were fellow alumni of Konkuk University.

But before they could proceed to another scene, The General Manager then entered the meeting room with CEO Park, and her secretary informed that the meeting was ready to begin to all the attendance.

* * *

The presentation went smoothly and the designer team could explain their design and concept very well. Rowoon could tell from the handout he was holding. All in all, he liked the design. He admitted the landscape design was stunning, they planned to build a water fountain inside the podium as the void would visible from the lower ground up to the upper ground 2.

They targeted to minimize the electric use by maximizing natural sun ray's intake. The fountain would be designed as an internal park and it would be in all green, with real vegetation.

As the podium section would be a department store, the idea and the concept seemed attractive. But another perspective from The General Manager stated that he didn't mind with the designer's creativity to make the building looked appealing and aesthetic. He was more concerned with the spatial planning of the branch office and the circulation to the warehouse.

The General Manager was talking to CEO Park for some time and CEO Park nodded in agreement. Rowoon couldn't hear anything. He still focused on the girl who was now standing in front of them while presenting her work. She looked professional as she managed to control the tension she got when sometimes heated argument surfaced was very surprising.

Rowoon had no idea that three years of their separation had him lost track of this development of her character. Hyeyoon looked more mature and was now only focusing on her project, didn't seem even bothered by the way Rowoon pierced his eyes toward the girl from the start. His eyes kept following her every move and Hyeyoon managed to ignore it all.

Rowoon was stunned.

She had changed.

Had she completely forgotten all about him?

It has been three years anyway, no wonder if she had grown up and moved on. Moreover, there was this guy now sat right in front of Rowoon who still focused on his tab and frequently checking on the girl. Rowoon's jaw tightened without him realizing it.

"What do you think, Mr. Kim?" the sudden voice of The General Manager calling his name had brought him back to reality. He stared at The General Manager for a second, tried to confirm what he had missed.

Rowoon then cleared his throat and fixed his position. "Yes, Sir," he slightly felt both embarrassed and awkward with his vacant mind just now. He never thought that Hyeyoon's presence could distract him this way as Rowoon was usually a very focused and single-minded person.

Rowoon tried to control his expression and tried to look as natural as possible, he then replied to The General Manager, "I mean, I think that's a good idea," he tried to correct himself and as The General Manager furrowed his brows a little. He quickly let it slip and continued.

"Good, then it's decided. Mr. Kim will personally assist Miss Hyeyoon to visit another branch of M.IT company in China. We have two major branches in Xiamen and Shenzhen. I recommend focusing on large branches. The others were only agents," he called his secretary and told her to take his command into a note.

"Inform the Xiamen and Shenzhen Branch Manager to assist them also with the accommodation," his secretary took note and record all his command into her tab.

Hyeyoon looked dumbfounded while Rowoon was in a complete daze. Though Rowoon was still unclear to where The General Manager tried to direct with all these assignments, he processed that The General Manager was planning to send them for a business trip.

"Oh, and last. I want the two of you to get one more sampling of the spatial plotting at our Branch in San Jose, California. So, I think, 10 days of the trip will do for them to finish all the task," The General Manager glanced at CEO Park and he nodded in agreement.

"Sir," Rowoon interrupted and all the attention was headed to him right now. He ignored it and proceeded, "is it only the two of us?" he asked for clarification which The General Manager responded with him leaning his back to the backrest and linking his fingers. The older man looked at the two of them who got similar expression; confused.

The General Manager then started his speech, "yes, only the two of you, is there any problem?" The General Manager emphasized his words.

Both Rowoon and Hyeyoon stared at each other in anxiety and awkwardness. Hyeyoon couldn't utter anything and Rowoon was left there speechless. The guy named Jang Kiyong just smiled there in his seat as if he was watching something hilarious.

Rowoon didn't want to embarrass himself, even more, he then agreed to the assignment and it has been decided. Rowoon and Hyeyoon would depart in three days. Today, they would start getting the first sampling at the Seoul Branch's warehouse located in Incheon.

Hyeyoon took a seat beside her boyfriend and Kiyong smiled at her. He muttered a low 'good job' and caressed her hand gently. Hyeyoon felt the need to discuss with him about the sudden business trip she was assigned for, moreover, she was with another man, and it was Rowoon.

================================================================================

A/N :

Hello, everyone...
Long time no see. Hehe... I know it's been a while I hadn't updated this story.
Things got even more hectic near the fourth quarter of the year and I barely manage my own time with work and personal life. But this idea had been in my head for weeks and I couldn't let this slip, so I took the time to write, and here you go, another update.

I hope it doesn't seem like a cliffhanger for you. Hehe...

I planned on keeping the story going and continue writing, but the next chapter is still on my draft. Let me finish typing it on my word and post it later.

I kept getting messages from you guys, I'm so happy and feel sorry, too. I apologize for not being able to update often. The problem is, I can't or won't update the story, if I thought the stuff I was typing seemed no good/bad/terrified to publish. I will provide a good story and content only, so yeah, to get a very good story, it will take more time to make.

I'm still working on the next chapter, you guys can anticipate it a lot because those who said missing Danharu moments will get their wish come true. (I won't spoil anything for now) hehe...

So, until we meet again in the next update... See you~

Much Love...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.6K 26
A simple cute college love story which folds in a type of beautiful comforts and discomforts. love and maturity. "her one screeching 'hii' can make m...
2.7K 309 37
While on a night out , you hit it off with a stranger at a club, The man you didn't expect it to be , turns out to be a guy from your college , Just...
9.3K 353 20
In a captivating love story, Taehyung and YN find themselves bound by marriage, a union orchestrated by their parents. Unbeknownst to YN, Taehyung ha...
9.6K 232 15
This story is about Kim Taeyeon and her colleague which are Kwon Yuri, Jessica Jung, Tiffany Hwang, Choi Sooyoung and Sunny Lee. Taeyeon attend one o...