STILL | 𝘯. 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯 (book...

By csstories-

"if honesty means telling the truth, i'm still in love with you." -niall horan, "still" ⊱ ────── {⋅. ♡ .⋅} ──... More

intro
Chapter 51: Sweet Creature.
Chapter 52: SUBURBIA.
Chapter 53: Memories.
Chapter 54: Heather.
Chapter 56: That Should Be Me.
Chapter 57: Wherever You Are.
Chapter 58: Walking In The Wind.
Chapter 59: Jealous.
Chapter 60: Used To This.
Chapter 61: New Man.
Chapter 62: Everything About You.
Chapter 63: I Miss You.
Chapter 64 : Arms Of A Stranger.
Chapter 65: Live While We're Young.
Chapter 66: Someday.
Chapter 67: My Blood.
Chapter 68: She Will Be Loved.
Chapter 69: Can I Be Him?
Chapter 70: One Thing.
Chapter 71: Home.
Chapter 72: Starving.
Chapter 73: Does He Know?
Chapter 74: Perfect.
Chapter 75: Fireproof.
Chapter 76: Slow Hands.
Chapter 77: Still.
Chapter 78: Bad Kind Of Butterflies.
Chapter 79: In Too Deep.
Chapter 80: Always You.
Chapter 81: San Francisco.
Chapter 82: Speechless.
Chapter 83: Love Story.
Chapter 84: What Am I.
Chapter 85: Drowning.
Chapter 86: Him And I.
Chapter 87: I Love You.
Chapter 88: Thinking Out Loud.
Chapter 89: Do It Again.
Chapter 90: Everything Has Changed.
Chapter 91: Heaven.
Chapter 92: Sunflower, Vol. 6.
Chapter 93: Lush Life.
Chapter 94: The Lazy Song.
Chapter 95: Nervous.
Chapter 96: End Of The Day.
Chapter 97: Unconditionally.
Chapter 98: Play It Again.
Chapter 99: As Long As I Have You.
Chapter 100: Boom, Clap.
Emily's Portfolio 2
BOOK 3!!

Chapter 55: Old Friends.

1.4K 22 13
By csstories-

[You can grow up, make new ones, but truth is, 
there's nothing like old friends]

      After dropping off Harry and Louis back at Liam's house, I drove home. I played the radio and, coincidentally, only sad songs played about heartbreak. I parked my car and shut off the engine. I opened the door, grabbing my bag as I do. I walked to the entry of the building and went up to my apartment. 

      I tossed the keys and bag on the island and grabbed my phone. I grabbed a tub of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon. I opened my phone and began to eat the vanilla treat while scrolling through my Instagram. My phone began to ring the annoying iPhone ringtone making me groan. I hated the ringtone, but the band hated the other one, so I changed it. I answered the call while shoving a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. "Hello?" My voice sounded muffled from the ice cream. 

      "Heyyy Emilayyy." 

      "Hi, Dee." I giggle. 

      "You sound like you're happy." 

      "Well, I am! I have great news!" 

      "What is it, this time?" I question getting another spoonful. 

      "So, remember the boy you were best friends with for years?" 

      "Mmm..." I swallow the ice cream and squint my eyes from the brain freeze. "Yeah, Ross?" 

      "Yes, yes! Well, guess who I saw at Saucedo's today?" I can practically hear the excitement in her voice. I finally realized what she meant making me sit up and my jaw drop. 

      "You saw Ross?!" 

      "Yes! And he asked for you!" I squeal slightly. 

      "Oh my God, really?!" 

      "Yes! I told him that you were in LA and I gave him your Instagram." I remove the phone from my ear and put her on speaker. 

      I went to my Instagram notifications and scrolled until I found his username saying that he followed me. "Oh my God!" I squeal. I haven't seen Ross since after 8th grade when he moved away. He moved to New York because of his parent's job when they started working for some company there. I scrolled through his recent photos and my eyes almost popped out of my head. "Oh my God, he got hot!" 

      "That's what I said!" I laugh and accept his follow. 

---

      The next day, I woke up still feeling extremely tired. I reached for my phone on my bedside table and felt my heart drop at the sight. A message from Ross? Oh my Lord. What do I do? Okay, okay. I take a deep breath and sit up. I open my phone and open his message. 

rosslynch Hey Emily. Long time, no see. How have you been ?

      What should I respond? I began typing and felt proud of the message I was able to come up with. 

emilyymarquezz Hey Ross ! It's been way too long ! I've been great, what about you ?

      Was the exclamation marks too much? Crap, what if it was? I get up from bed and start getting dressed. Today, Yomara and I were going to start wedding planning. She was able to get Tom to stay to help do the general planning. I brushed my hair and changed out of my pajamas into a pair of skinny jeans and threw on a white camisole. I put a pink cardigan over it and slipped on simple white Vans to finish.

      When I got to Yomara and Tom's shared house, I applied a bit of lip balm and got out of the car. I walked up the driveway to the house and walked in. This wasn't the first time I've been here and Yomara and Tom both said to just walk in. "Honey, where's my supersuit?" I called out. The brown Terrier runs up to me making me crouch down. "Hey, Tess! How you doin'?" I ask her and scratch behind her ears. She hops onto my lap and pants as I continued to pet her. 

      "We're in the dining room, Em!" I hear Yomara shout. I stand back up and walk towards the dining room where a bunch of wedding magazines were spread out. Tom sat next to Yomara as they looked through the magazines. 

      "Wow, looks like a tornado hit." I said sarcastically and sat in one of the empty chairs. I took out my phone and notebook and a pencil. I lifted my glasses and grabbed one of the magazines. "So, what are we looking at?" 

      "We decided on the colors, but we haven't found a theme that we both liked." Tom sighs. 

      I nod, "So, have you decided on when you wanted to have it?" I ask opening to an empty page in my notebook. 

      "We were thinking Fall." Yomara says. I nod and write down the notes. 

      "What were the colors you decided?" I ask looking up. 

      "Rose gold and white." I nod and write those down too. 

      "I also found a wedding planner to work with for the wedding and since I can't do the photos, she said that she was going to find a photographer." 

      "Did you look for a venue?" I nod and flip the page back to the places I found. 

      "So, you guys said that you wanted an outdoorsy, right?" They nod and I show them my notebook. "I found this place and they have like a dance floor and it's all outside." I showed them more pictures and told them more about it. They both seemed really interested in it and liked the idea of a garden wedding. "So, have you thought about the music?" I ask putting a few of the magazines that they wanted me to look through in between my notebook. I look back up just as Yomara began to speak. 

      "Yes! Since we both really like One Direction, do you think you can get them to preform?" 

      "Let's find out." I grab my phone and call them all through FaceTime. I see Tom slightly get nervous making me hold in a snort. They each answer one by one with a bright smile. 

      "Emilyyyyyy!" Louis shouts as he picks up something. 

      "Hey, guys." I smile. 

      "What's up?" Liam questions. 

      "Okay, so you know how Yomara and Tom are getting hitched, right?" 

      Yomara rolls her eyes with a smile at my choice of words, "Yes! She's gonna be Mrs. Spidey!" Zayn says like an excited child. 

      "Yes, anyway, they were wondering if you could possibly preform at the wedding." I say opening my notebook again. 

      "Really?! I can finally meet Tom Holland?!" Niall says excitedly. Tom laughs and I see Harry's mouth drop. 

      "Do you wanna meet him now? He was fangirling too." I show Tom to the camera and the boys began to squeal like teenage girls. "Okay, you guys can stop now." I say putting the camera back on me. 

      "So, can you guys preform or not?" 

      "Talk to James about it. I'm pretty sure he'll say yes, but just to set the date and stuff." Harry says. 

      "We don't have a date yet." Yomara says loud enough for them to hear. 

      "I have to talk to the woman who owns the venue for open dates and stuff like that." I explain.

      "Well, whenever you do, talk to James. We're on board with it, but James might have something planned that we don't know about, but I highly doubt it." Zayn says. 

      I nod, "Thanks, guys." 

      "Are you gonna be busy later?" Niall asks. 

      I shrug, "I don't know." I sigh. Just the sight of him still hurt. Yomara kicks my ankle. I look up at her and she mouths, 'Show him what he's missing.' I roll my eyes, "I'm gonna probably still be planning the wedding, if you guys wanna drop by." Yomara throws her head back and groans. 

      "Alright, then. See you later." Harry says. I wave and hang up. 

      "You were supposed to show him what he's missing!" Yomara groans. 

      "If he's happy without me, then so be it." 

------

[Old Friends - Ben Rector]

------

A/N:

Clarification: I know Ross doesn't look EXACTLY like how I said, but that's just how I pictured him for the book.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx

[November Update] I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but Emily came back a few days or so after her birthday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 6K 77
THE SECOND BOOK OF THE INFINITE SERIES. UNDER EDITING. warning: i wrote this book when i was twelve years old. there are grammar errors along with a...
925 177 29
~Unedited~ -Book 1 in texting 1D series- Wrong number? Yes. Do I Regret it? No. Does He? No. What's His Name? Find out Updates are every Monday and...
122K 3.2K 18
*4 Book Series* 2nd Book It's been 4 months. I let him go. I can't just forget about him..he's the reason I'm still holding on. ©riss1020
38.6K 731 44
"oh, the spaces between us, hold all our secrets, leaving us speechless, and i don't know why. who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?" -one directi...