RAISE YOUR HAND

By junieb2112

Trinity Fallon is afraid. Stuck in a loveless, abusive marriage, she dreams of running away. Dreams of escape... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 20

1.5K 79 1
By junieb2112

Having Bella over was so much fun. They played with makeup and listened to music while discussing high school crushes and cliques. While they were four years apart, Bella's stories made Trinity feel so carefree. How good it felt to just let go and relive being a teenager for one afternoon. It was so enjoyable, Trinity couldn't stop thinking about it all week.

Bella was so easy to like, and becoming a fast friend. So was Gio and Dante. Trinity wondered about how it would feel to be a part of a family like theirs. One could dream. In fact, she had fantasized about it many times. She knew it was wrong to think of Dante and his family in that way. It was just too hard not to. They were so full of love. Fantasizing about the Venturi family would be her guilty pleasure. No one had to know.

Trinity put on some music while she started getting ready for work. Rummaging through her closet, she pulled out a black pencil skirt with matching heels and a burgundy silk blouse. Her platinum hair fluffed around her shoulders in large waves. It was a good hair day.

Smiling, she went downstairs to grab her coffee, keys and purse. A week passed since her date with Dante, and she hadn't seen him since that Sunday afternoon. Ms. Jewell told her he was out of town. During that short time, she focused on her job.

Ms. Jewell started leaving her on her own to perform various tasks during the week. It definitely boosted her confidence. It was kind of exciting. Things felt like they were looking up. She had a new job, new friends and a nice place to live.

Little by little, she thought of David less and less. Realizing this was her new life helped tremendously. With that realization came a personality she didn't know she had. While she was still rather reserved, she started to notice decision making was coming easier and easier.

She also started thinking the idea of dating Dante wasn't such a bad one. He was beautiful, confident, kind and generous. Sure, the last time she spoke to him was when he dropped her off at her house on Sunday. Sure, he hadn't called...or texted. Still, a girl could dream. She had her therapist to thank for it too. Her therapist insisted it was okay to start fresh and it was okay to explore relationships. It was okay to take risks. It was okay to live.

Those thoughts always made her smile. Too bad her parents weren't receptive to her. It would be nice to earn their pride. Maybe she would call them or even visit. What if they had changed? She could always start with a phone call. If she didn't like how it went, she didn't have to waste money on a plane ticket.

The only other thing nagging her mind was Becky. She knew she should really forget about her once and for all. How many times did she keep telling herself the relationship was over with? How many times did she settle it in her mind? No matter how many, her thoughts still plagued. Why didn't she want to be friends with her anymore? Especially since David was no longer around. It was really strange. Maybe Becky was only ever friends with her because she felt sorry for her. It was a good possibility.

Checking her Instagram showed Becky was doing just fine without her. She posted a few pictures of herself and another woman Trinity didn't recognize. A few of them were at bars and the shopping mall. The images made her frown.

"Boo!"

Trinity jumped out of her skin startled. "Eugenia!"

Eugenia giggled. "Stuck in your head, huh? Whatcha thinkin' 'bout? Ooh, I bet I know. A dreamy pair of dark brown eyes?"

"Shh," Trinity looked around. "Are you going up with me?"

"Yeah. I have a stack of papers for Dante to sign."

The women stepped into the elevator.

"He's not even here. He's been out of town."

"I know. I thought it would be great to have this stack ready and waiting for him when he got back."

"Nice," Trinity laughed. "So are you free for lunch? I was all by myself last week."

"Girl, you know I can't. My boss lunches with me, duh."

"You're bad."

"No badder than you," Eugenia nudged Trinity.

"I'm not doing anything with my boss that's anywhere near what you're doing with yours," Trinity poked Eugenia in the arm.

"Pff. Jealous?" Eugenia busted out laughing.

"Girls. Up to no good, I see. Where are you going with those papers, Ms. Eugenia?" Ms. Jewell stopped them in the hall.

Eugenia pointed at Dante's office door with an innocent expression.

"No. You give those to me. Back down to your floor, dear."

"Aww. You're no fun, Ms. Jewell. Trinity invited me up here anyway."

"No, I didn't!" Trinity protested.

"Eugenia, you know your credibility with me went out the window a long time ago."

Eugenia braced her hands on her hips, "When?"

"When I caught you in the broom closet with the janitor."

Eugenia snorted with a laugh, covering her mouth. "He was so hot. Tattoos all over. Uh! I miss him. Byee!"

Trinity and Ms. Jewell watched Eugenia sashay back into the elevator. Ms. Jewell shook her head.

"Are you two friends?"

Trinity blushed, "Yes."

"She's a very good woman. You picked a great friend to have," Ms. Jewell smiled. "Are you ready to run Dante's office for yet another day?"

"Yes! I got this."

"Of course you do, dear. I'll check back with you before you leave for the day."

The morning was going flawlessly. It really was a great day. Until lunch. She was standing in line, alone again. Eugenia wasn't kidding. She disappeared with her boss again. Trinity hoped she was being careful.

"Hi Trinity."

Trinity looked up. "Hi Roger."

"You remember my name?"

Sure she did. At the time she met Roger, she was so certain she would never lunch with anyone or make friends. Things were different now. She nodded.

"Impressive. So, how are things going? Find your sea legs yet?"

"I have, thanks. I really enjoy it here."

"Nice! Hey, wanna join me for lunch?"

"Sure."

They found a table and sat. Roger was nervous, Trinity could see. She could also see he was attracted to her. It was something she was beginning to notice more and more. The male attention, that was. She received many good mornings, good afternoons and good nights. However, no one ever peaked her interest more than Dante.

"Tell me about yourself, Trinity?"

Aside from the a la carte line, today's special was spaghetti. Roger wasted no time digging in and slurping up his noodles. Trinity couldn't tear away from his sauce-stained lips. He looked like a little kid who needed a bib.

"Roger, I already interviewed for the job. Don't tell me I have to do it again?" Trinity smirked. Another new trait she noticed about herself was that she could be bold and joke around at the same time.

Roger laughed, "Aww, come on. You can tell me one thing about yourself at least," he shifted in his seat. "Okay, okay, I'll go first," he pointed at her with a meatball perched on the end of his fork. "I love to dance."

This raised her eyebrow. Roger loved to dance? She hated judging people, but with his checkered pants and pocket protector, he looked like he had two left feet. She suddenly felt guilty for the thought.

"Really? What kind of dancing?" She had to know.

"Salsa. I know, I don't look like I can dance," he sniffed. "It's written all over your face. But! I can. And...I'm good." He ran his fingers through his curly hair, fluffing it out.

Trinity laughed holding up her hands. "I believe you!"

Roger's face fell. "Dang. I was hoping you wouldn't."

"Why?" her nose scrunched.

"Cuz then I'd say, if you don't believe me, come out with me Friday night and I'll show ya," he clicked his tongue with a wink.

"Smooth, Roger. Real smooth," she giggled.

"Thanks. So, what do you say? Would you like to go dancing Friday night?"

"Like a date?"

"Yeah."

"I would, but I'm not dating right now." She didn't want to tell him she went on a date with Dante. For one, she wasn't sure if Dante would be mad if people knew they had a date. And two, Roger really wasn't her type as bad as the thought sounded in her own mind. Yikes. It really was a bad thought. She just couldn't help it. Roger wasn't Dante.

"I see. Well, that's no problem. How about we go as friends?"

Where had she heard that line before? Oh, yeah, Dante. He tricked her. She didn't want to be caught in the same web.

"I'd only go if I could bring some friends."

"Sounds good. You can bring a friend, and I can bring a friend."

Trinity rolled her eyes. "No, Roger. That's a double date. I'm bringing more than one friend, and I'm not telling you how many or who."

"You're a tough negotiator, you know that?"

"Of course I know that. Duh."

Roger stretched his hand out over the table and shook Trinity's. "Deal. As friends."

-#-

She sure had a lot of friends. Not really a lot, but more than what she had ever had in her whole entire life. She had Eugenia, Gio, Bella, Dante and now Roger. Maybe Roger. Tonight would tell. If he got fresh, she'd kick him to the curb. Sort of. Instead, she'd just tell him to back off nicely.

Thank goodness Eugenia and her boss, Parker, and Gio were all going tonight. Gio didn't know it, but Trinity invited Sarah. Maybe they'd hit it off. She never tried to be a matchmaker before. Hopefully, she didn't crash and burn.

Eugenia decided they needed to get ready together so she could help Trinity with her makeup and outfit. Secretly, Trinity hoped she wouldn't pick out too revealing of an outfit. It was almost seven. Eugenia would be arriving soon.

They were all meeting at La Notte. At least it was a familiar place even though it held both good and bad memories for her. Trinity pushed it out of her head. She would only choose to remember the good.

A few minutes later, Eugenia showed up with a few dresses in one hand and a huge makeup bag in the other. Oh boy. Tonight was a full glam kind of night, she could feel it.

"I have got a dress for you," Eugenia dropped everything letting out a large sigh. "I need something to drink, girl!"

Trinity shook her head with a laugh getting Eugenia a water.

"So you're dressing me up like a hooker?"

"Oh yea. Not to worry. I'll be slutting it up with ya."

"Couldn't I just go in my sweats? Look how comfy I am?"

Eugenia gagged. Then gagged some more. "That answer your question? Now brace yourself and behold! Tonight, you are going to be the lady in red. Ooh, mysterious," Eugenia waved her hand over the dress like a fortune teller over a crystal ball with a laugh. "Red dress, red shoes and red lips. Uh! To die for! I'm gonna wear green."

"Green," Trinity curled her lip.

"Yeah. Why not?"

"You can't stand next to me then. We'll look like a Christmas tree."

"Oh, shit. You're right. Hmm. I'll wear...blue?" She pulled the dress out and held it up.

"Much better. Now we'll look very patriotic."

Eugenia clicked her tongue. "Stop it! We'll be fine. So, who's this Sarah chick you invited?"

"Gio's type. I think they'll hit it off."

"Nice. Dante coming?"

"He's still out of town, I guess. I haven't talked with him," Trinity shrugged.

She wasn't going to lie, it stung a little he hadn't contacted her. Not only didn't he contact her, Gio had been silent for the entire week as well. She was surprised he texted her back and agreed to come out. Maybe they had a really busy week.

Whatever. It wasn't like she was actively dating Dante. Not officially at least. And she certainly wasn't his girlfriend, even though the idea was starting to appeal to her more and more.

Either way, it was okay. She had a great life now, and she wasn't going to be ungrateful for anything. There was no room to feel greedy. If she was meant to be with someone, it would happen. Maybe it would turn out to be Roger. Trinity whimpered.

"What is it?"

Trinity shook her head and sat down for Eugenia to work her magic. Heavy tapping, brushing and smoothing went into Eugenia's work on Trinity's face. It was hard to keep her head still at times. Good thing this lady wasn't a makeup artist. She was definitely heavy handed when it came to her application technique. Jeez!

"Done. You look like you belong on the cover of Maxim."

"Oh boy. Eugenia, I don't want to look like that. I don't want people to notice."

"Hush your butt. Go try on the dress I bought."

"How much was it?"

"Free. Go."

"Eugenia! You're not supposed to use the company's credit card for your shopping pleasure. Dante's going to kill you," Trinity argued.

"If he saw you, he'd thank me."

"Yeah, well, he's not coming tonight."

"Pity. I mean, I feel really bad for you, Trin. Being stuck with Roger and all. Why did you even tell him you'd come out?"

Trinity shrugged, "He wants to prove he can salsa. What was I supposed to say?"

"Can you salsa?"

"Hell no," Trinity laughed. "Especially not in the heels you brought."

"You'll be fine. Go."

Eugenia was right. She did look like she belonged on the cover of Maxim. What the heck was wrong with her friend? She couldn't leave the house looking like she did. The red bodycon was like a second skin, clinging to all the right places. One of the right places being her chest. Her boobs were supported perfectly, creating a generous cleavage. The waist was tucked tight, giving her butt the attention it deserved, and the matching stilettos elongated her legs found only in men's dreams.

Exercise was to credit for her body, but genes played a big part too. She always found it easy to build muscle. Her body was one thing she was proud of but also conscious about. Men always stared. She was still getting used to feeling proud rather than embarrassed and small for it.

"Girrrl! Damn. Now you look like you belong on the cover of Playboy. If I wasn't screwing my boss, I'd date ya. You are fine! It's really a crime. Ha! I rhymed."

Trinity laughed. "You don't look so bad yourself, hot stuff." She wasn't lying. Eugenia was beautiful in a dress very similar to her own. No wonder Parker scooped her up.

"Shall we?"

When they reached the club, there was a line out the door. Actually, there were two lines. One for people who were on a list, and the other for people who weren't. Eugenia called ahead and put all their names down. They wouldn't need to pay a cover since they worked for Dante. The benefits to knowing someone, Trinity mused.

The bouncer's eyes lingered on Trinity, and Eugenia gave him a look. Was Gio and Parker inside already? What about Roger and Sarah? Maybe they were. Maybe they should have all met outside first. Eugenia tugged on Trinity's arm.

Eugenia was so confident. She knew who she was and what she wanted. It was admirable. Trinity definitely felt more sure of herself around the woman. That confidence crumbled away as Eugenia pulled her upstairs.

"Are we supposed to be using the VIP lounge?"

"Why the hell not? Dante's not even here. Why let the room go to waste? Besides, Gio's in there already," she giggled.

Should have known. Of course he was. Thank goodness. Gio smiled when he saw them, but his face dropped when he focused on Trinity.

"What are you wearing?! How the hell am I supposed to enjoy my night?"

"What do you mean?" Trinity asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

"What do I mean? Look at you," he groaned. "Dudes are gonna be hitting on you left and right. Ugh! This blows. I had the worst week ever, now I gotta be your bodyguard."

"Hush your butt. That's not gonna happen."

"Seriously," Gio gave a deadpan look. "That's not funny, Trin. I'm so not happy with you right now."

Trinity cringed, "You're gonna hate me even more. I kind of invited, Sarah."

"What?! Why? I don't even like her," Gio stomped his foot. "This night is getting worse and worse!"

"Shut up, Gio. Trinity looks awesome thanks to my outfit and makeup choices, not including her natural beauty. And, give Sarah a chance. She's shy."

"Fine," he flopped down onto a couch. "So where's your admirer?"

"Who?" Eugenia asked.

"Roger. He's in love with, Trin, you know."

"He is not. He just wants to prove his salsa moves."

"Pff. Yeah. Salsa moves on you."

"Who cares. What's Roger gonna do? He's a nerd." Eugenia waved away Gio who was trying to exhibit salsa moves with his arms, and failing.

"Hey! Keep your mitts to yourself!" Parker grabbed Eugenia away from Gio.

Soon everyone showed up including Roger who wouldn't stop staring at Trinity. So Gio was right. One night of dancing wouldn't hurt anything. Hopefully.

Trinity was happy when they all agreed to hit the dance floor. Roger hadn't been lying. The man could move. He was crazy good, and able to show Trinity a few moves. She had to admit, it was fun. A lot of fun.

Soon, she had forgotten about everything and let loose. Most of the night was dancing with Roger since he was the only one who could properly dance. And dancing with him kept other men away, weirdly enough. It also helped she had a few drinks in her. What better way to loosen up than with some liquid courage.

Trinity noticed Sarah showed up, and Gio was entertaining her. They looked like they were having a good time. Gio didn't look too bored, and Sarah seemed to be in awe of him. Maybe they would work out.

"Do you want another drink, Trinity?" Roger yelled by her ear.

"Sure."

There were a lot of men around, and Roger noticed. "Maybe you should come with me to the bar. I don't feel comfortable leaving you standing here by yourself. You might get kidnaped."

"I doubt that, but okay," she laughed.

"I'll watch her."

Was she always startled? Were her eyes forever growing? Dante. She spun around. Yup. It was him. He looked...delicious in a black suit and deep wine-colored tie. A man couldn't get any more handsome. The room melted away.

"Dante," she said breathless.

"I've missed you. Dance with me."

A slow song was playing, and she fell easily into his lead. His body pressed softly against hers as they swayed to the music. Roger was a great dancer, but there was something about Dante that made her blood warm up.

"You look gorgeous, Trin."

"Thank you. Did Gio tell you I was coming tonight?"

"No. I'm here most Friday evenings to check on things. Imagine my surprise when I saw you...on Roger's arm no less. He's a lucky man."

"He is?" Trinity asked confused.

"Are you not on a date?"

"No," Trinity laughed. "Eugenia, Parker, Gio and Sarah are here too. Besides, Roger's not my type."

"Ah. Who is your type?" Dante spun Trinity, then brought her back against him.

"Maybe...you are." That answer had to be the alcohol talking. Her cheeks started to flame. How could she be so bold as to say that?!

"I already know I am. I'm just waiting for you."

"How long would you wait?"

"The rest of my life. You're the one, Trin. I know you are. I want you to be mine. You know this."

"I didn't hear from you all week."

"Miss me?"

"Maybe," she whispered.

Dante looked down into her sapphire eyes. Before she knew what he was thinking, his lips brushed over hers so softly it felt like a feather was brushing against her skin. Back and forth, ever so slow, till he nipped at her once then twice before claiming her lips in the most tender kiss she ever experienced. The feeling left her wanting more when he pulled away too soon.

"Be mine, Trinity," he rested his forehead against hers swaying them back and forth.

Carpe diem, she thought. 

"Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 0 20
Existing. That's all that this 19 year old trained killer is doing. Aaliyah Stepanov wakes up, trains with the Russian mafia that is surprisingly led...
4.8M 127K 59
❃ The Mob Boss and The French Mafia Princess ❃ "Shira," I warned, "Come any closer and I will stop the car right here and fuck you," I spoke with a s...
20.1K 1K 24
THIS IS PART TWO TO RAISE YOUR HAND. STORIES MUST BE READ IN ORDER FOR THEM TO MAKE SENSE. (Chapter One release date is scheduled for November 10, 20...
16.1K 1.6K 25
"A rose's rarest essence lives in the thorn." - Rumi Kabir Vincenzo Dante, is the definition of rich, handsome and lethal that is hidden from the wor...