Fire Nation: The Selection

De Xxrscxx

When Prince Zuko fails to capture the avatar but was able to return home when informing the Fire Lord. His un... Mais

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty-Two
Epilogue

Thirty-Three

1.2K 56 10
De Xxrscxx

"By degree of Phoenix King Ozai, I know crown you-" He stopped as he saw something in the sky. He among the others beside him looked up at the red sky.

The princess ticked off and impatient snarled, "Do it! What are you waiting for?" She glared at the men who were still looking up at the sky. A loud sound filled the air as wind accompanied it.

It was Appa as he landed, "Sorry but you are not going to become FireLord today," The prince stated loudly as he got off the bison, "I am," He looked at his little sister as she looked different.

Her hair was cut off badly as her makeup looked smudged. She laughed at his mockery, "You wanna become Firelord?" Let's settle this— you and me brother. Agni Kai," She challenged him.  The fight of the century that she knew if she takes him down everything belongs to her.

"Your on," Zuko answered as he stared at her meanwhile Katara was hesitant of his answer. She got off the bison as she sent him away with Varo. The little girl was annoyed but decided to not fight back with either of them.

"What are you doing? You know Azula she's playing you," Katara exclaimed as she reached her hand to grab the prince, "She knows she can't take both of us so she's trying to separate us,"

"There's something off about her, she's slipping and this way no one else has to get hurt," He turned to face the waterbender, "I don't want you to get hurt," He stated firmly as Katara nodded and looked for Appa.

She wanted to stay near him incase Azula does something but she wanted to make sure Varo stays safe. Her best bet was to be with Appa til she sees something off she will immediately head down to aid the future Firelord.

Both of them watched from above as Azula said one last thing before she launched her first attack, "Is the prince going to be okay?"

"I believe in him," Katara stated as she held her hands and simply watched as Zuko threw back fire causing both of it to emerge.

"I just hope the others are okay," Katara explained as she gave a fake smile to the younger girl. Varo seem unsure of what was going to happen. All she had was that vision she got earlier of Katara. She couldn't help but look at the waterbender as her eyes wandered to her stomach.

"You feel okay right?" She asked as Katara looked at Varo confused.

"I do why?"

Varo shook he head, "Was just asking," She mumbled as she played with her fingers.

A few minutes have gone by, "You know the fire clashing together looks pretty," Varo stated as she stared at the blue and orange fire clash into one another, "It's a shame that its a fight between siblings,"

Katara nodded as they began to feel Appa sway back and fourth, "What's wrong?" Katara asked the bison as he shifted his head side to side. He dived to the ground as both girls got off to check on him. As Katara tried to extend her hand to see what was up with him, he didn't hesitate but dodge her touch as he flew away from them heading to the direction of where the others are supposed to be .

"Do you think something happened to Aang?" Varo questioned as Katara bit her lip nervously.

She turned to look back at the agni kai as it seem Azula had fallen over as she got right up, "No lightning today?" Zuko mocked as he was still standing, "Afraid I'll redirect?"

Without hesitation Katara ran over to his side incase Azula bended lightning, "Stay back," She ordered Varo as the fourteen-year-old looked at the princess.

A sudden vision appeared before her eyes. Azula aimed the lightning towards Katara but Zuko took the hit without having time to redirect it. The princess smiled as she saw her brother hit the ground and Katara panicked as she ran to his side but being smart of her actions she quickly released another shot at the bender.

Varo moved a bit closer to Katara as she spotted Azula eyeing the prince and the bender. Azula smiled as she walked a bit back knowing that she had to move Zuko away from the waterbender.

"I'll show you lightning," She shouted as she moved her arms around building a great force. He followed into her trap as she released lightning. The prince quickly noticed what she done and freaked out that it will kill Katara. He ran over and took the hit as he fell to the ground.

Katara panicked and in disbelief, "Zuko!" She shouted as she ran to his side. The princess released another lightning that the aim directly  at the spot that Katara would be standing in but Varo pushed the bender away as the lightning touched her body.

Varo let out a scream as Azula began to laugh and ran towards the bender. Katara ran to reach both Varo and Zuko but Azula bended fire towards her.

The prince slowly moved his hand hoping to get a hit on Azula but the pain kept growing more. He looked over at Varo who was still moving abit from the shock, "You weren't supposed to get hurt— why did you do it?"

Varo heard the prince as he sound weak. The pain was growing inside her but she managed to reply back to him, "I got a vision of Katara and she was holding a baby," Varo mustered as she winced, "By the looks of it, it seems recent,"

The prince looked at the girl in disbelief. Katara couldn't be pregnant, but if there was a small chance she shouldn't be the one fighting Azula.

Meanwhile Azula jumped on to the roof and kept shooting fire. Katara managed to dodge all of them as she ran under the tall structure, "Zuzu should have never picked a peasant," She shouted as she threw another attack right before following the bender.

Katara spotted the fountain as she bended it and aimed it at where Azula was but her eyes widen as the princess wasn't there but instead right behind her. Without hesitation she grabbed the water and froze it around to help her get away from the psychopath.

Unfortunately losing her grip, Katara fell as she landed on the floor. She saw through the vents that there was water in them. She looked up as she spotted some chains and ran to get them.

"There you are you fifthly peasant," Azula snapped as Katara attacked her causing the princess to leap forward. Just as Azula extended her hand to bend electricity Katara released water and froze both of them.

She managed to unfreeze herself and used the chains to tie up Azula. After she was done she melted the water completely. She tugged it one more time before running to save the prince and her friend.

She ran to them as she placed each arm on their chests. She closed her eyes as she began to heal them. The Prince flinched in pain as it was slowly healing him. Varo moved a bit feeling uncomfortable of the touch.

The small groans stopped as Zuko was able to slowly sit up with the help of Katara, "Thank you Kat," He whispered as she turned to Varo.

"Come on you got this," She mumbled under her breath as Varo spoke softly to the bender.

"It's not working Katara," She answered as she still felt a lot of the electricity already inside her body for too long, "This is the vision I kept getting," She began to cry as tears escaped from her eyes. She knew it was it, "Katara stop it's hurting,"

As the bender was conflicted that it was causing her too much pain, "It shouldn't hurt. Just a little bit more Varo, you will survive this," Katara couldn't have her vision come true. The many nights where the two of them have stayed up and she reassured her that it wouldn't happen.

Varo never remembered exactly what caused her death but she does remember the pain. It was something she has known for a long time. Her nana told her when it happens that she just has to accept it.

"No Katara—its okay, let me go with my parents," Varo managed to say as she closed her eyes. The waterbender shook her head. Varo hands were in clenched fist trying to handle the pain but they soon opened as her fingers were loose.

"No no no," Katara started crying as Zuko moved a bit closer to his future wife.  She stopped as she wrapped her arms around him, "I failed her," She whispered as the prince held her.

"Katara lightning is very dangerous. I was able to redirect a bit of it while Varo took the whole thing. You didn't fail her," He explained as they both heard a loud scream. They turned to see it was Azula.

Katara helped the prince stand as he looked at his sister. She was breathing out fire and moving around. He saw that she was crying— the only time he has ever seen this side of her. Katara looked away as she walked over to Varo's body.

"I'm so sorry Mai," She apologized. The prince followed behind her but he couldn't stop thinking about what Varo had told him.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

289K 10.2K 46
Months ago, Katara arrived at the Royal Palace to save her tribe and to win the heart of the famed Prince Zuko at any cost. She thought THAT was goin...
6.2K 174 16
If I could officially write a canon story that would allow Zukka to happen it would be this one and it takes place right after the comics. The New Oz...
9.9K 173 27
Zutara - Zuko, now the fire lord and Katara, an ambassador of the water tribes finds themselves falling in love. But Katara's family has other intent...
346K 8.4K 37
Kira is a noble's daughter and a firebender, she has been engaged to prince Zuko since they were young to be his concubine. When the fire nation's pr...