What Is Hate?

By letitgobish

Book 2 of "What is Love?" series. MUST READ FIRST BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THE DRAMA. ๐ŸšจMATURE CONTENT๐Ÿšจ Nicholas... More

Prison Break
Brief Moment
Death's Door
Crazy

Blackmail

25 5 17
By letitgobish

JACK

I was working at my desk and enjoying the time away from the troubles. For some reason I wuite enjoy being a cop. I guess this is what happens when you get too deep in undercover work. It starts to change you.

My phone starts to ring so I answer it. I hope Ryder has a good reason for calling me. "Hello?"

"Jack! Hey buddy! So Nick got Diana and everyone else back!" He yells through the phone in an excited tone.

"Do you have my son and Krysti?" I ask, not really caring about anyone else.

"Uh, okay, maybe not everyone. We've got little Lucas but it turns out Krysti has been held hostage. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because Vanessa told me that she's having the time of her li-" I hang up on him and growl. I shouldn't have let Faith go. I loved her. At least I think I loved her.

"Milligan! Chief wants to see you!" I groan.

I get up and enter the chief's office, shutting the door behind me. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Don't bother with formalities, Jack. We both know you aren't a standard citizen or cop." He replied bitterly.

"Fine. What do you want?" I ask, frowning.

"Are there any updates on finding my daughter? I would very much like to see my children." He says, standing up, placing his badge on the desk and taking hold of his gun.

"I don't control Nicholas. I don't even have access to the basement because I'm known to be... a bit different when it comes to prisoners. I just got a call saying he has Diana. They should be on their way back to the States." I whisper, eyeing his gun.

"That's wonderful news. I can see my grandchild!" He exclaims patting me on the back, hard.

"With all due respect, she isn't technically your daughter. Now before you start threatening me, I'd like to point out that when you first found her. You upheld the law and gave her an unfair trial. You made sure she didn't go to jail or got to a psychiatric hospital." I smirk. He faulters in his step and cringes.

"Heh, blackmail. How old fashioned. Fine, just let me know when they return. I would like to get my son back as soon as possible." He grumbles wslking back to his desk and slumping in his chair.

He looks so fragile and sick. As a doctor i have an urge to help him. "Are you well? You look pale."

"What are you, my wife? Get out." He says raising his voice.

"No, I'm a doctor. I-"

"GET OUT!" He shouts. I quickly leave the room and glare at the other cops staring at me as I leave. Something is seriously wrong with him. I'm tempted to find his recent medical records.

NICHOLAS

"Nick. Nick! Please listen to me!" Vanessa pleads clinging to my arm. I pull my arm from her grasp and continue to walk away.

"Why should I listen to you? You never listen to me! I gave you direct instructions to stay in your room! Take care of my niece and nephew! What do you do?! You leave! Not just the mansion, but the fucking country!" I roar, causing her to stumble back with tears in her eyes.

"I left because I wanted to find Diana... I couldn't live without her and Al. I'm sorry!" She whimpers. I sigh and clench my fists because I felt the same way.

"Neither could I. That still doesn't give you an excuse for leaving. I was afraid I was going to lose you too." I whisper hugging her and uncaping a syringe full of a sedative.

She must have heard me do that because she tried to escape my hold. I held her tight as she cried on my chest. "I hate you! I hate you!" She screamed beating me.

"I know, sis. I know." I whisper as I inject her with the sedative.

"How's Diana doing? Still asleep, I assume." Ryder asks as I pick Vanessa up and bring her to the private jet.

"Yes, and she's doing fine. I just hope she stays asleep the whole flight. I don't want her going into shock or having a heart attack if she sees me. Especially on an airplane." I sigh, placing Vanessa on a chair and buckling her up. I smile at the babies that are asleep in thier carriers. All four of them are going to be strong and capable of taking over after their parents.

I grab my daughters carrier and bring it over to where I'm sitting. Diana is in the bedroom on the plane because I want her to get as much rest as she can before we get home.

As we take off, I wonder what Diana planned on naming her. I want her to have a strong name that people would shake in fear over. A name that will be seen as a symbol of power.

DIANA

Eight hours later...

"Yes, send them immediately. I want everyone to know that I'm getting married." I hear Nick say. If he thinks I'm marrying him, he's dead wrong. If he's marrying someone else then they're dead. Why do I have to be jealous of a man I hate?! It's infuriating.

"Sir, when is the wedding?"

"The end of this month. Not a moment later. Can you make sure they get the invites? I want them all to know who who will be the most powerful mafia lord." He says in a dark and twisted tone. As if he was an evil villain plotting his revenge.

"Y-yes, Sire." The man he was talking to must have left the room because I hear footsteps and a door closing. I lay still keeping my breathing normal and pretend I'm still asleep. I'm afraid of what he'll do to me if I face him alone.

"I'm not going to hurt you...I know you're awake." He whispers caressing my face with his palm. I whimper and turn my head away from his touch.

"Please don't." I whisper opening my eyes and cursing at the bright light.

"Don't, what? Touch you? You are mine, I will do with you as I see fit." He said smiling.

"No. I meant please don't force me to marry you. I can't marry you when I know so little about you. Not to mention, you muzzled me like I was your pet! I will not raise my daughter with a father that has no respect for women!" I yell at him, getting up off the bed.

"Get back in bed. You still aren't fully healed after giving birth. You need your rest." He said softly patting the spot beside him on the bed. I shake my head in disbelief.

"No! I want to see my daughter. Then I am leaving this place and you for good! I hate you! I wish I never listened to Vanessa that day. I should've just left and stayed in that peaceful life!" I scream.

"Diana, I won't ask again. Get back to bed. We'll talk about the wedding in the morning. For now, I would like for us to get some rest. I just want to hold you." He said in a more threatening tone. I whimper and get back into bed. I'm tired of fighting with him. Maybe I should just do what he says.

He pulls my body into his and smells my hair. Than he nuzzles his face into my neck and gives me soft sensual kisses. "I love you, Diana. I always have." I stayed silent not really knowing how to respond. I don't even know what feelings i have towards this man.

"I'm sorry i didn't come back after I was rescued from your father. I was afraid... you scared me." I sob into his chest, gripping his shirt tightly in both fists.

"I'm sorry for doing what I did. I just got so angry with you. You ran out on our dinner and conversation like you didn't care about our date. I even made sure there was Irises everywhere for a romantic setting." He grumbled in a whiny voice.

"Speaking of that, how did you know those were my favorite flowers? I never told you." I ask sitting up and looking down at him with his head still on the pillow and his hair spiked in differeng ways. I just want to move my fingers through that thick hair and hear him talk in his Russian accent.

"Yeah, about that- I might have forced it out of your brother. Speaking of which, I should contact your father so he can come pick Josh up. I promised to set him free as soon as you came back." He says yawning and closing his eyes. I stare at him in pure shock and then he sits straight up and looks at me with panicked eyes. "I didn't mean to say that out loud!"

"You have my brother as a prisoner! How could you?!" I yell and start hitting him with my pillow and any solid object that came in reach of me that I could easily throw at his face.

"He came here and I was pissed at you at the time! If it helps I haven't hurt him! I even let your father visit and see him." He says calmly trying to calm me down.

I frown and stop throwing random objects as I take that information in. "I guess it's fine. I'm still pissed at you! Anything else I should know about?!" He laughs nervously at that question.

"Derek kidnapped Alonzo and I don't know why. I even took the spy's finger and she still wouldn't talk." He answered then punched the wall. Sergeant pranced over to Nick and rubbed against him.

"Alonzo has been kidnapped?! I hope he survives. He's actually not such a bad guy." I say rolling my eyes at Nick. Plus, Alonzo is my niece and nephew's father. I missed my pet tiger. I run around the king sized bed and hug him. He purrs as I rub my cheek on his fur.

"How are you not dead? He barely lets me even touch him." Nick says shocked at how kind our cat is.

"Maybe because you don't act like he's a baby. I do. You treat him as an equal that can be used as a weapon. I see him as my new cuddle partner until you learn to treat me with respect." I smirk at Nick and give a wink. I crawled into bed and patted the bed inviting Sergeant. He jumps up and lays down beside me, purring.

"I'm starting to regret bringing you back here." Nick grumbled grabbing a pillow and walking towards the door to go to a different room.

"Good! Next time anyone wants to enter this room, they better have my daughter in their arms!" I shout as he closes and locks the door behind him. Like that could stop me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 2.8K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
15.3K 811 31
Book 2 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. **** ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸI do not own rights to the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to the writers. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ Shaneil...
262K 4.7K 70
ONGOING {Book one in the 'Dark' Mafia Series.} "Kill me," She rasped, her voice hoarse. It was confusing, she wanted this, she wanted me didn't she...
142K 1.8K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...