The Clockworks Charm(Ongoing)

By Sanjuuuu003

Fantasy - fiction A little kid has a huge desire of accomplishing his dream ,but his parents aren't supporti... More

Chapter 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 10

35 7 0
By Sanjuuuu003

I started taking out my unwanted toys and my stationery   items .I again thought to myself that I would ask grandma to convince dad regarding the so -  called start up  .I was going insane thinking about it  So I went downstairs and asked mom .",Mom ,Can we go for a three day vacation , along with Sam's family .

She again said "Let's ask your dad and Sam's dad regarding .I agreed to it but your dad should agreed. "

I then said" MOM ….you agreed to it ,why dad again?" 

I would disagree to it ,if you question me again.Just go and ask.My mom, Said. 

I said okay mom  .

In the meanwhile I'll  go and speak to Sam 's dad  on the phone.My mom said .

I went to my dad to ask regarding it ,but my dad was sleeping while he kept the television switched on.

He was busy snoring and dreaming about something .So I switched off the television to avoid disturbance while he was  sleeping  .I thought of waking him up and asking him , but I avoided  it because he would cancel the vacation if I would  disturb him in his sleep  ,and he would start roaring like a lion in the jungle. 

I  went back to my  mom to look at her status  regarding vacation with Sam 's dad. 

She  signalled thumbs up  with her fingers while speaking on the phone, that means his dad agreed to it . I started jumping  with my arms stretched above my head .

My mom  cut the phone as the conversation was completed . 

We live in Australia ,but we didn't visit most of it. 

I then said "Okay mom.But dad didn't decide still. I mean he isn't awake from his sleep". 

My dad started yawning all of a sudden and got up  from his sleep and asked both of us "What's the matter ?".

My Grandma  said we are planning for a three day vacation in the Grampians.He then said "Sure.Let's go tomorrow  and who else is coming with us ? Just the four of us right?" he asked 

My mom then said "Even Sam's family is going to come tomorrow  ,Jack wanted them to come .It would be fun if they would also join us ".

He didn't respond for a couple of minutes .He took a deep breath and said "Sure"! 

I started jumping  out of excitement . 

Everybody  went  to their respective   rooms to pack their luggages for the next day' s exciting trip. 

But, I called Sam again and said hey Sam ,I can't wait for tomorrow . He said of course ,will meet you tomorrow . Let's pack.

We  started packing our backpacks .  After a while everybody came out .My mom started reading out the check list for me  for tomorrow's trip ,to see if I had everything .

We brought our suitcases outside  to the hall ,so that we wouldn't rush tomorrow in the early morning . We also packed some tasty snacks  for munching on the way ,as it  would take  two and a half hours from our place, Melbourne.   

Everybody was really excited. My mom then called my  teacher to inform her that I wouldn't be coming for four days .

I  said "Why four days ,mom?".She said "One day for rest  as you are a kid ". 

I went back to my room to sleep and everybody else too went back . 

We  started travelling to the Australian countryside  in the car, it was a snug fit .I had to sit on my grandma's lap as I was a kid.  After an hour or so I started feeling hungry  as I didn't have anything in the morning   . I told my mom that I am hungry ,she gave me a packet of chips to eat. Sam then said "Will you not    share your chips with your imaginary  fairy ?"

Everybody started laughing at me. Sam 's dad then slightly smacked  Sam's  head and said Don't make fun of him . I started laughing at him .It was like a  "Tit for Tat "situation. 

I was feeling sleepy as it was early in the morning at 6:30 am . As a kid ,I am not used  to waking up so early in the morning .I generally wake up at 7:30 am or so. 

I  dozed  off on my  grandma's shoulder. 

I continued to sleep. We then reached the Grampians National Park.   My grandma woke me up and asked me to  view the scenery and the fresh air as I would miss it  

I then said mum ,look to the left shhhhhhh.. I whispered .Sam and I were barely able to control  our excitement.

Come on, let's go and look at them silently they would not see us, ” She  said. We quietly got  out of the car and, right in front of us, four  grey and brown kangaroos stared right back at us. They didn't  move, and nor did we. To see wildlife in its natural environment is captivating, no matter your age.

I think I felt an overwhelming energy after we reached the place ,the smell of the gum trees , kangaroos hopping around, and most of all,that form the most beautiful, timeless landscape .  It would look beautiful no matter whether we watch it before sunset or sunrise

 The eight  furry friends we met on our arrival set the theme and the tone of our entire trip. 

We then went to visit "The Mackenzie waterfalls " within the National park .I swear the ranges were like the magic potion  for the soul,the sound of the waterfalls was heavenly . We  decided to leave and we were heading towards our residing area that is 

the "BIG 4 RESORT" . Sam and I smiled at each other  after that we took a deep breath when we reached that resort. We checked in and entered our cabins .We felt difficult to come out  of our warm and cosy as I felt that it was too comfortable .Also ,I felt a warm feeling in my heart when I entered our cabin .I don't know why .We could  see Kangaroos out on the lawn . Even with kids cruising past them on the park's go-karts and playing various games ,  I still didn’t see the kangaroos bothered.  They were in their own world .

From our residing area we could see the Kangaroo's directly .I wished that Susie was there with me  now and I would have a romantic feeling maybe .I know I am too young for that, just kidding .

My mom was barely able to contain to express how cute those kangaroos were . When a kangaroo started jumping on the lawn my mom  said"Aww ,such a cute ,Kangaroo"!,I didn't count how many kangaroos were jumping continuously and consecutively to reach a particular spot on the lawn.As a kangaroo came by ,she continued her reaction and my dad kept clicking some pictures of those.

We  went down to  have lunch as we didn't have any breakfast in the morning , basically I would call it  a brunch . 

 We entered the restaurant .This restaurant reminded me of Susie 's  moon palace ,it looked similar to it. 

We could see many families just like ours. 

 Sam said sarcastically while we were looking for a table ,  "Hey Jack  , didn't you invite your fairy  to this restaurant ?". I looked at him  and dodged his question 

and I pointed my finger towards an empty table .We sat down and ordered smoked Salmon , shortbread and the roasted  beef . As these are one of the best dishes of this city. Also a delicious ice cream as dessert .

After the meal ,the ice creams arrived Sam had half of my icecream and his ice cream too.I started crying. My dad then shared his part of the ice  cream .I ate a little bit and all of us went into the lawn for a walk to digest the food as well as play with the furry friends. The day one of my vacation was over so soon.But it was all memorable and fantastic.

Day 2 

We took a shower with great difficulty in the  morning , at least I felt it was difficult  as it was pretty cold in the morning. It was snowing literally all of a sudden as it was winter time at Grampians , luckily we had thick layered jackets . As a kid I  wanted to sleep  on that fluffy ,soft and cosy bed of our hotel. We took turns for the shower but all of a sudden the water stopped running when I went inside and got ready for it .I stood still like a rock because of freezing weather  and mumbled to myself "what the hell!". I thought it was that notorious fairy who was troubling me this way and started  shouting out of rage while I was shivering  " You fairy , just get lost. I was being nice to you by feeding you cream buns and stuff you treat me this way." My mom heard me and she said "Hey kid , you stop hallucinating magical stuff  ".  

Whatever mom please make it fast I am shivering. I need water,I can't stay here .My mom asked me to turn the shower tap towards right and it started. I finally completed it and I thought to myself this fairy is making me the lamest among all human beings .People don't believe in fairies ,magic and stuff like that.  But only I can see that fairy .I was kinda going insane with this magic stuff as it doesn't exist,maybe it's a curse or is it happening for the good ,that too only to me, I was wondering .I felt heavier in my mind with all this stuff .So I thought to leave it aside at least during this trip.

The regular regime was followed but we had a heavy breakfast at our hotel , as we had planned to go  for abseiling and rock gearing and other activities at the hotel. We were at the hotel desk to ask about the activities they had as it was impossible for us to go far off places as we came for a short vacation .I heard a family like ours was planning to go to Mount Williams. They were here for a ten day trip .I interrupted their conversation and I started  shouting MOUNT WILLIAMS , MOUNT WILLIAMS ...I asked my mom if we could go to mount Williams because I like MR WILLIAMS as he gave me chocolates .My mom was rather feeling embarrassed before them and apologized for my mistake .Sam started laughing as well as the receptionist  started giving a sweet smile at me. Sam caressed my hair and started laughing and said "Naive kid " and tried kissing me on my cheek .I pushed him away before he did that .

We didn't agree to go to the  Mount Williams as it is quite far off from our resort and it wasn't suitable for elderly people like  my grandma and too young children like me .But we agreed to go to abseiling and gearing at the hotel .The weather  was freezing cold ,I felt like I was in the freezer  .Sam made a snowball and threw it right on my face which I didn't expect he would do . My face became red and it looked like a fresh apple just taken out from an orchard. The snow looked like fluffy cotton balls fallen from heaven.

Different experienced instructors had come to instruct us regarding abseiling 

as we needed a proper stiff rope to go down a steep rock and for proper security .It was adventurous .I thought I would fall off on the rock as I was too tiny before them . But the instructor was pretty experienced . So it was a great experience.

My family as well as Sam's family were then playing table tennis ,but I was sitting and  gazing around like a fool as I am a kid and the table was out of reach to me. I thought that it was a punishment for me .But as I grew up I realized every single year at least once that those days were the best .  I consider sleeping as one of my hobbies .I sleep when I feel dejected ,when I am tired ,when I am unwell ,when I am hungry ,when I am bored etc .There is nothing that sleep could 'nt cure .So I decided to sleep as I was bored . I don't know what was going on  ,but I felt like somebody smacked me on my head.I opened my eyes and touched my head to see what it was and it was the tiny table tennis ball .I saw Sam   laughing at me as if somebody had put the laughing gas in the room and it had affected him. I held the ball in my hand without returning it to him,  so that I could teach him a lesson.

There were couples beside me just leaving a chair .I kept the ball behind my back so that he couldn't reach out.The couples were eating an apricot as tiny as the ball while they were busy playing so they just kept an apricot beside me on the chair.Sam was busy playing as he failed to notice that they were eating . He approached me  for the ball and I pointed out at the apricot which was quite similar to the ball and it was hard too.So he took it without even noticing it.He started using it as a table tennis ball but when he tried hitting it ,it got smashed on the net .It was bleeding with apricot juice .I was unable to contain my laughter .I then hit Sam's head with the same speed he hit me with that ball. My  mom tried laughing but refused to ,as she wanted me to be disciplined wherever I go .She wants me to be better than Sam . Though I was not a bright student she wouldn't care ,she just wanted me to be disciplined as disciplined as in the military .As she believes that discipline is the key to success .

I was scared of my mom's looks when she gets angry .So I decided to apologise to Sam . She was faking niceness and started praising me .I gave a forceful smile . Soon the day was over with a forceful smile.  The last day of the tour was approaching .We had planned the next day for a short distance trip or maybe just lounging at the hotel  , because we have a long drive tomorrow as we have to travel to melbourne .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.8K 29
A compilation of horror stories based on a true stories and experiences. 《I DO NOT OWN THE PHOTOS COMPILED IN THIS BOOK. All rights reserved to their...
2.2K 187 28
*BOOK 1* Nightmares seem to be the most frightening, powerful dreams a person could have; whether if they are of your worst fears or not, they still...
164 1 24
join me as I tell you a story about a boy who has dreams are challenged my the world will he over come the world or he be swallowed whole buy it
49 1 33
Evander, a young boy who was supposedly kicked out of his tribe and raised by flying snake-tailed lions basically his entire life, finds out that he...