The Unwanted Marriage (UNDER...

By RafahStafford

Ever since Althea Evans's parents passed away from a horrific accident, her life turned upside down. Thea is... More

TROPES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
29: A bouquet of flowers
31: The moment
32: An old friend
33: the Last Day
34: the Promotion
35: The truth of the past
36: Old times
37: Girls talk
38: Upset
39: Arguing
40: Sort things out
41: Made up
42: Family time
43: Baby talk
44: Old bestfriend
45: Surprise
46: Baby names
47: Josh
48: After the kiss
49: School moments
50: Midnight craving
51: Baby's room
52: Pain
53: Numb
54: The Voicemail
55: Nicholas
56: Dinner & Plan
57: The wedding
58: Honeymoon
59: Flashback
60: It's time
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Bonus Chapter (3)
UNDER EDITING

30: Christmas Day

22.2K 669 22
By RafahStafford

THEA'S P.O.V

"Group hug!" Grey rushed towards me and Bella and pulled us into a group hug.

"Greyson Scott! We are not kids anymore" Bella growled as she was trying to pull away.

"I don't care. I'm gonna miss you two a lot though"

"I'm gonna miss you two too, have fun but be safe, okay?" I said, pulling away from the hug.

It's 3 days before Christmas, and the last day of work before the long holiday. Everyone in the office basically wishing a Happy Christmas and Happy Holiday to each others. Bella, Grey, and I switched Christmas presents as we won't be meeting until next year. I got an Elf sweater from Bella and.. you won't believe what Grey gave me for my present.

It's a set of lingerie!

Who even bought a set of lingerie for Christmas presents? Let me tell you something.. my guy, Greyson Scott did. He, whom I quoted "You will be spending Christmas night in the city of love, might as well wear this sexy cloth and it's time to lose your V-card"

I really wanted to smack him in the face but I love this guy a lot. He could be an idiot sometimes but Grey is one of those best-bestfriend. But I will be damned if I wear this lingerie in front of Arthur. He would think I'm crazy. Also, it's not like 'it' will happen when we get to Paris.

I'm not gonna embarrass myself. No thanks.

"See you next year guys!"

We parted our ways at the lobby. Looking for Arthur, I just realized that he was not here yet which kinda surprised me because he was never late. I took a seat at the lobby as I was waiting for him, he was probably stuck on a traffic or something.

"Aren't you going home?"

I looked over to my side to find Matthew, whom I haven't seen for a week. He was always present in the office but I haven't seen him around.

I stood up. "Hey. I'm just waiting for Arthur to pick me up"

He nodded his head but looked everywhere. "So erm, how have you been?"

Things had been pretty awkward between us ever since we found out that we are relative now. Matthew is basically my brother in law.

"I've been good. It was tough but, I have to let go," I said truthfully. It took a while for me to let go. "I didn't see you around the office"

"Yeah, I kept myself busy in my office room. I'm not trying to be rude but I just discovered that one of my employee is my sister in law"

"Well if you want to know my opinion, I feel the same as well. I just discovered that I actually have a twin sister, but sadly had passed away, and the husband is my boss. Surely I don't know what to feel" I shrugged, having the urge to laugh at how irony my life is.

"I'm so sorry. I hope this won't make things awkward between us. You're practically a part of my family too now"

"I'm sorry too. No hard feelings, right?"

He nodded. "No hard feelings"

"Good. Because the last thing I want is a cold war with my brother in law" I said playfully, hoping to lighten the awkwardness.

The look on his face when I said that said that he just discovered something else. "Shit, you are my sister in law! That never crossed my mind"

I rolled my eyes. Why do men take forever to think?

"So all this time you discovered that I am your wife's twin sister but me being your sister in law never crossed your mind? Wow.."

That made him laugh. "I apologize for that, sometimes it takes a while for me to understand things"

"Yeah, I don't doubt that"

He shook his head in amused. Just then I saw Arthur's car drove in to the lobby.

"Well, Arthur is here now. I guess I see you in a few weeks, Boss?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, Merry Christmas in advanced, Thea"

"Merry Christmas too, Boss"

Arthur and I ended up going for christmas shopping as it was literally 3 days before christmas. We didn't shop that long as we only shop for the necessary. Also, we will be going to Paris anyway.

We stopped by the cafe to have dinner, Arthur was busy talking to his colleague on the phone and excused himself whilst I ate my dinner in silence. He looked rather stressful talking about work. Sometimes I wonder how he managed to manage his own company at such a young age. He is a hard-working man and I can see that in him.

"Would you like a refill, Miss?" the waiter asked, making me look up at him.

"Erm no, it's fine, thank you"

"Would you like to order anything else?" He asked again.

I shook my head. "No, thank you"

"What about a special dessert?" He asked again, making me annoyed.

"No, I'm fine"

I was hoping that my answer was enough to make him leave, but apparently it was not.

"Can I get your name, Miss..?"

"It's Mrs., not Miss," Arthur's cold tone of voice said behind him, making the waiter turn around in surprised. "And I would appreciate it if you can take the hint that she basically had said no to you a few times"

If looks could kill, this waiter had been brutally murdered by Arthur's death stares, because he looked so pissed. The waiter, on the other hand went pale.

"I-I'm sorry, excuse me" he said and immediately left.

Arthur sent him one last glare before he sat down on his seat across me. "We are never going back to this cafe, ever again"

"It's fine, Arthur, it's not a big deal"

"I left you for like 5 minutes and that bastard had the nerve to flirt with you," he hissed, obviously annoyed by the incident. "He's lucky I didn't punch him"

I couldn't help but smiled. "Arthur, it's okay. He's not worth it. But thank you for saving me there"

He nodded his head. "Anyway shall we go back?"

"We shall, I'm done anyway"

While waiting for Arthur who paid the bill, I glanced to see that the previous waiter was looking at me from some visitor's table, I immediately broke my gaze. He started to look creepy. Luckily, I saw Arthur walking to me after paying the bill. Smiling at me, he suddenly leaned in and captured my lips with his, kissing me with so much passion that I felt my legs became weak. But I have no care if anyone sees us, I was just astonished with his kiss.

"That should taught him not to flirt with someone's wife," Arthur said once we broke the kiss, making me chuckle. "Come on, let's go home"

The day has finally come which I have been waiting for. It's Christmas morning and I can already feel like it's going to be a great day. Getting up from the bed, I carefully walked out of the room, not wanting to wake up my husband who is peacefully sleeping. Last night we decorated the house until midnight, it was exhausting but exciting at the same time.

It was still early in the morning, I managed to wake up at 6 in the morning, because I was just really excited for this day. Walking to the kitchen, I cooked us breakfast because Jane and all the maids, our securities, and Felix left to their hometowns 2 days ago to celebrate Christmas with their families.

After making myself a cup of tea, I began cooking for breakfast. I tightened my robe around my body as it felt quite chilly this morning, it was snowing outside but vibe was already amazing.

We are leaving for Paris tonight, just after we celebrate Christmas with my in laws. We have packed everything last night and once we leave to my in laws's house, we will go straight to the airport after that.

"Merry Christmas my babies!" Elisa exclaimed as Arthur and I arrived at my in laws's house. She pulled me into a tight hug and pecked my cheek. Michael gave me a warm hug and wished me too.

We gathered at the table, eating and drinking some wine, talking about life and stuff. Elisa was thrilled to know that Arthur and I are going to Paris for a few weeks, she was a bit too excited.

"So, how are things going?" Elisa asked once Michael and Arthur left to the garden, leaving me alone with Elisa in the living room.

"It was okay. Arthur and I have been doing really well"

She nodded. "Great, that's good to hear. So, honey, how's the progress?"

Looking at her in confused, I leaned in closer. "What progress?"

"Oh you know.. baby stuff"

It never crossed my mind that Elisa would ask me about that again. It's not her fault though, she had every right to ask about baby stuff.

"I-erm, well.. truthfully I don't think I'm pregnant yet, Ma" I didn't need to tell her that Arthur and I have never done it.

In a split second I saw sadness in her eyes, making me feel guilty, knowing how much Elisa wanted a grandchild.

"But we're working on it, Ma," I said immediately, though I'm not sure if it will happen anytime soon. "If I get pregnant, you will be first one to know"

She instantly smiled and pulled me into hug. "Thank you, honey, I'm sorry if I sound too demanding about it. I just.. I really want to see mini Thea and Arthur running around the house"

I smiled, picturing the image. I would love to have a baby, especially from Arthur. But I don't think I will get pregnant anytime soon as Arthur and I have never really talked about it. Sure he loves me and all but I don't think he is ready to have the moment with me yet.

Who knows.

A few hours later, Arthur and I left to the airport to catch our flight. Arthur took care of our luggages as I replied to texts that I got from my friends and wished them a happy Christmas.

Getting on the plane, the flight attendant showed us our seats and helped us to get our stuff into the cabin. I took a seat on my seat, with Arthur beside me. I'm already so excited to go on this trip, especially with Arthur.

"Excited?" Arthur asked beside me.

Nodding my head, I looked at him. "Very. I can't wait to explore the city with you"

He smiled and pecked my forehead. "We'll explore the city as soon as we get there"

"Can't wait!"

I'm so excited yet kinda nervous at the same time. I really hope this trip will bring us even closer than before. I know I don't have to worry about anything but I simply just wish that when we get back home after this trip, we can actually think about starting a bigger family.

But of course we will need to talk about it first. And hopefully Arthur will agree with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 454 8
Hope you like this book. Do support 💜
258K 9.9K 51
I was roughly brought into my room and dropped into my bed.I was burning with anger. "Where were you?", asked my mad dog husband."I'm out ",I said. "...
23.9K 856 25
He sucks on my soft skin making me gasp, "Let this serve as a reminder that you are taken, Mrs.Kim" he whispered as his finger caressed the mark he l...
387K 6.6K 47
Mia Hudson, the bullied kid in school, and abused by her parents, that will soon change when she gets kidnapped in the middle of the night.. ~Read to...