The Mafia's Collateral

Από AmberBhasin

To save her sister, she was left as the collateral of her father's debt to the biggest Mafia. Περισσότερα

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Announcement
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
My gratitude

Part 78

240 11 16
Από AmberBhasin

Avinash's P.O.V.

It was already evening and Ananya still didn't come out of her room. I was beginning to feel restless without seeing her and went to her room. I knocked on the door and opened it. I saw her laying on the bed, sleeping. I walked closer to her and looked at her eyes. I could tell from the way they were forcing to stay closed that she was faking. I sat down and looked at her. "When you give up, you can open your eyes," I said. She opened her eyes slowly to show me how red they were. I looked at her worried and asked, "You were crying?" She sat up and held her injured hand. "I saw a bad dream," she said. "No you didn't," I said. She lowered her eyes and played with the bandage. I held her hand stopped her. "What happened? Why are you behaving like this?" I asked. "How?" she asked smiling. "Don't act so innocent. You know what you are doing," I said. She removed her hand from under mine and said, "I don't think that you should spend so much time with me." I looked at her taken aback and asked, "Why is that?" "You're married. Your wife won't approve that her husband is taking care of someone else instead of her," she said. "But you need me more than her," I said. "No, I don't. I have my father and sister. Sonia has no one besides you," she said. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. You are not well. When you are completely fit and fine, we will talk about this," I said. "Avinash..." she started but I stopped her saying, "Let's go outside. Everyone must be waiting for you." She frowned and I removed the blanket from her body, standing up. As she rested her feet on the ground, I held her arms and helped her on her feet. "You are still so weak. How can that doctor let you be discahrged this quickly?" I said. She smiled and said, "I'm fine." "Yeah. I know how fine you are," I said sarcastically. I carried her outside and made her sit on the sofa as she smiled in front of everyone. I sat next to her and Uncle Zeeshan brought a tray with coffee cups. He served everyone and we made ourselves cozy.

"I have something to show you all," Uncle Navin said and got up. He went to his room and brought back a CD. He inserted it into the player and turned on the TV. The video began playing and we saw two small girls playing. "Dad!" Arohi shouted. Uncle Navin smiled and said, "This is Ananya and Arohi's childhood." I looked at Ananya bending her head in shame and from the way Arohi just shouted, there must be some embarrassing things in this. I looked on curiously. From the video, we saw Uncle Navin holding a baby in the hospital and kissing her forehead. "This is when Ananya was born," he said. I looked at her and smiled. Next, we saw them as small kids playing with sand as Arohi was burying Ananya below. "What's going on here?" Deep sir asked. "We were playing," Arohi said. We all giggled and looked at her. "I remember this. I had recently gotten a sand box and I made Ananya lie down and began burying her. But when it was her turn to bury me, I had thrown sand in her eyes and she began to cry," she said chuckling. "And I hope you remember the licks you got after that," Ananya said. "How can I forget. Look," she said showing us the TV. We saw Uncle Navin holding a whip in his hand and Arohi crying while Ananya was laughing at her. I looked at her and said softly, "Not fair." She looked at me and said, "She deserved it." A next part came up when the both sisters were playing and combing each other's hair. "I always told Ananya that she should be a stylist. She always did her sister's hair so perfectly. But couldn't handle hers. I always had to comb it," Uncle Navin said. We spent some time looking at the videos and hearing the backstory to them. That was great fun. Everyone and especially Ananya really enjoyed it very much. My phone rang and my apartment number showed up. I rolled my eyes and took the call. I got up and went away from everyone. "Avinash, where are you. Come home quickly. I'm missing you," Sonia said. I gritted my teeth annoyed but swallowed it and said sugar coating my words, "I'll be there soon dear. Miss me a little more. I miss you too darling. Don't worry. I'll be with you very soon."

"No! I want you now!" she said. I took a deep breath to try and not tell her something and said, "I'm coming." I hang up and turned around to see Ananya standing behind me with a frown. She had a small bowl of ice cream in her hand. Did she hear my conversation? She handed me the bowl and said, "Here. I brought this for you." I took it and put away my phone saying, "Thanks." She stood and looked at me silently with a frown. I ate a bit of the ice cream and asked her, "Did you eat?" "Go home Avinash," she said. I held the spoon of ice cream halfway to my mouth and looked at her. "I'll go in a while," I said. "Go now. Your wife needs you," she said. She was making my already spoilt mood even more worse. "I said, I'll go in a while," I said firmly and walked away. I sat back on the sofa annoyed and ate the ice cream silently. She came back and stood and looked at me. I continued to eat it without looking at her. She went and sat next to Arohi and Deep sir at the dining table but kept staring at me. 

Arohi's P.O.V.

Mafia and I were sitting and chatting at the table when Ananya came and sat down with us. She was frowning and looked at Avinash sitting quietly on the couch eating his ice cream. I sighed and gave Mafia a signal to look at them. "Ananya," he said. She looked at us. "Is everything ok?" he asked. She smiled and nodded. "Did you have an argument with Avinash?" I asked. "You two explain to him now please that he shouldn't try to come this close to me. He has a wife and she's waiting for him. I have tried and failed, you try now," she said. I looked at Mafia and we frowned. "Is this what you really want?" Mafia asked. "I want him to be happy with the person whom he loves," she said. "And if you are misunderstanding him?" he asked. "What do you mean?" she asked. "If he loves someone else and not his wife, then?" he asked. "Then that's not only wrong but sick! He's married! He should be loyal," she said. She looked back at him and said, "I already did the mistake of falling in love with a married man. I don't want him to sin and be disloyal to his wife." "Try and understand him for once. You might see what's in his heart," I said to her. She looked back at me and said, "If you two are implying that he loves me and that I should encourage his approach to me then I'm sorry to break your hopes. I am not going to be a home breaker. I am not going to destroy another woman's house to make mine." "How can you break something that's already broken?" Mafia asked. "If it's already broken then it's their job to mend it. I don't have any right to break it any more," she said. Looking back at him, she said, "Sonia has already called him. Go and tell him now to go home. Surprise and party or whatever is done." I looked at Mafia and nodded to agree to her. He got up and went and sat next to Avinash.

Deep's P.O.V.

I went and sat next to Avinash. He looked at me and asked, "What?" "Have you thought about telling your plan to Ananya?" I asked. "Why?" he asked continuing eating. "Don't pretend to be stupid. You very well know what Ananya is thinking. She thinks that you are in love with Sonia," I said. "Then let her think that. It's her choice," he said. "You really don't care what she thinks?" I asked. "I care. It matters to me what she thinks about me. Why? I don't know. But look at her. She can hardly do anything for herself completely. If I tell her this, she might get more angry with me which will only deteriorate her own health. I can't give her this tension," he said. I was pleased. I held his shoulder and said, "Go home. If you want Ananya to be happy, then this is the only way now. She thinks that you are happy with Sonia." "Please, don't call that woman's name in front of me. My blood boils," he said resting the bowl down and taking a napkin. "Sorry. Go home, I'll make sure that she goes to bed and then leave," I said. "And her medicines," he said. "I'll see to that too," I said. He looked at Ananya and stood up. He went to Uncle Navin and Uncle Zeeshan and said, "I'll take your leave now. Sonia is waiting for me." "Ok. Thanks for everything. You really made Ananya happy," Uncle Navin said. "It's my pleasure Uncle," he said, "Whatever I did, was for Ananya." He looked at Ananya. "Good night," he said smiling and left. 

Ananya's P.O.V.

Why was Dad thanking Avinash? And what did he do for me? "Arohi," I said, "Why was Dad thanking Avinash?" She looked at me confused and said, "For the surprise he plan." "What surprise?" I asked. She smiled and looked at me like are-you-serious. "Ananya, have you gone mad? Avinash planned this entire surprise. In fact, he remained hours here yesterday planning for this. And all the roses that you got from the underlings was also his plan. More than that, he baked the cake himself," she said leaving me stunned. I remembered our earlier conversation when I told him that Arohi and Dad planned the surprise and he stood and remained silent. He didn't even let me know that what I was thinking is wrong. I felt horrible. And on top of that, I sent him home. He must have felt so bad. I sighed as Uncle Zeeshan came to me and said, "Ananya, I am leaving also. Go and take some rest." I smiled and said, "Thank you so much for coming Uncle." He smiled and rested his hand on my head. Dad left with him to see him to the door and Arohi stood up and said, "Come to your room now." I went to my room, took my medicines and laid on my bed. I couldn't end my guilt for Avinash and took up my phone. I looked at it for a while and kept on thinking of at least calling him and then shook off the thought. I got up from my bed and walked to the window. Looking outside, the sky was completely black. There was no sign of the moon or any stars. Seems as if God is depressed too. I looked at my phone and was holding myself back from calling him.

Deep's P.O.V.

I reached my apartment and took a bath and changed my clothes. I was so tired. I am satisfied also that Ananya was happy with Avinash's surprise. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling when a message came on my phone. I took it up and looked at the notification and smiled. I opened the chat and saw,  'Missing me?' I smiled and replied, 'Are you missing me?' The reply came back, 'No. I have better things on my mind.' 'Like?' I typed. 'Like...other boys,' she said. 'Oh really! Who?' I asked. 'My dashing boyfriend. Remember...I showed you him,' she said. I shook my head and said, 'I'm better looking.' 'You're not bad but I can't leave my boyfriend for you,' she said. 'Other girls can,' I said. 'Can I call you?' she asked. 'Can I call you?' I asked. 'How does it matter?' she asked. 'True. So you call,' I said. In the next five seconds, her call came and I answered. "Hi," I said. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Who wants to know?" "Your boss," she said. "I'm thinking about how well everything went today," I said. "It did, didn't it? I am so happy," she said. "Now, you tell me, what are you thinking about," I said. "My one and only Mafia," she said. "Missing me much?" I asked. "Of course. I just want to hug you tightly," she said. I bent my head and smiled. "Are you blushing?" she asked. "No!" I said. "Liar!" she said. I looked around the room confused to see if she was anywhere around me. "Stop looking around. I'm home," she said. I was surprised. "How do you know what I'm doing?" I asked. "I can guess," she said. Like this, we continued to talk for hours and hours losing track of time. Hours later, she wasn't talking anymore. Seems like she has slept away. I smiled and laid on my bed without disconnecting the call. Before I knew it, the sun began to come out and I heard a sleepy voice in my ear, "Deep..." "Good morning," I said. "You remained up the entire night without cutting the call?" she asked. "I did," I said. She yawned. "Are you coming to the campus with me today?" I asked. "Yeah I'm coming," she said. "Then get ready and reach to work on time," I said. "Work?" she asked. "Yes Miss Driver," I said. She chuckled sleepy and said, "Yes boss." I hang up.

__________________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my book! Until next time! Bye!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Amore pericoloso Από

Ρομαντική

299 9 21
When a normal girl is in the wrong place at the wrong time, her life will change forever. When a dangerous man starts to spiral out of control he ha...
Her Five Protectors Από Buttercup baby❤

Γενικό Φαντασίας

892K 25.9K 42
Athena is trying to adjust in her newfound freedom but she is forcefully ripped away from it. But sometimes bad things happen for better!
Captive Από Emily Cortez

Ρομαντική

1.2M 35.2K 33
Anna was a normal girl with the worst luck. Ever since her dads debt was pushed on her she lost her job, her boyfriend, her condo, and her pride. Poo...
307 32 32
A girl chosen to be a Don's wife! A girl is taught to survive Finds friends Family Changes everyone around her She stay's Fearless!!