๐†๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ โ‡€ ๐—ƒ&๏ฟฝ...

By banditbrandis

๐†๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ| โ๐–ฃ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—๐—๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—€๐— ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—Œ๐–พ, ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—€๐—๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐— ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—’๏ฟฝ... More

synopsis
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Part Two??

chapter one

8.1K 198 79
By banditbrandis

( PART ONE )
chapter one:: i see dead people

"REMEMBER to breathe, Dawn," My mother suggested for the fifth time, and I huffed out heavily, "This isn't going to work properly if you don't -"

"Breathe," I finished for her, my eyes closed with hope that she'd just disappear, "Maybe if I had some space, mama?"

"Since when don't you need your mother to help you?" She questioned and I lowered my head before looking up at her as she was practically breathing on my shoulder.

"I'm not saying I don't need you, I'm saying that I can't concentrate on my breathing if all I hear is yours," I told her and she hesitated before stepping a few feet back. I give her a smile, "Thank you."

I then closed my eyes and sat up straight as I was seated on the floor with my legs crossed. I let my hands rest on my knees as I began to breath calmly, trying to focus on just that until that was all I heard. Being a medium was harder than most thought, especially when you grow up to becoming one. For a time, I believe I was going crazy when people didn't see people what I saw until my mom told me that I was a medium just like my grandmother. My grandmother taught my mom everything she knew just in case I became one and when I did, my mother couldn't be more excited. Though I felt the complete opposite of excitement because I'm the one seeing ghost for a living.

I didn't open my eyes until I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up and smile wide, "Bố!"

"Good morning, my sunflower," He smiled back and sat down across from me, sitting in the same position I was before looking across my shoulder, "I see your mother still chooses to accompany you."

"Yeah, I guess she believes you're going to just pop up before her," I laughed, but looked back at my mom, "Mama, bố said hello."

She couldn't help but show a toothy grin, "Tell him I love him and that his mother is giving me a migraine." She then sighed, "I'll be in the car, Dawn."

My father still laughed at her words as she walked off, "My mother hasn't changed either, huh?"

"She continues to bring over dishes and meals because she's convinced that mama can't cook and that she's going to either starve me or kill me one day with her food," I explained and he laughed harder, causing my smile to grow.

"You know your grandmother isn't the best at being nice," He told me and I hummed before he checked the watch on my wrist, "You're talking to me before you have school now?"

"I begged mom to let me," I sighed, "I just wanted to see you before I left."

He raised a brow, "Today's the day?"

"Today's the day," I nodded, "I have my cello downstairs ready and packed."

"Your mother is going to blow a socket if you get into Juilliard," He stated, "I don't think she can handle my mother on her own."

"Yeah, but you know we always talked about going to New York," I explained, but lowered my head, "All of us."

"You and your mother are going to have a great time in New York when you get in," He assured, lifting my head, "Just promise me one thing," He waited until I nodded, "At that audition, promise me that you'll knock them dead."

I smiled and hug him tightly, though I couldn't really feel him like I used to, "I love you, bố."

"I love you too, my sunflower," He whispered before I pulled away and he was gone. A tear slipped down my cheek, but when I heard my mom honk her horn, I quickly got up on my feet and grabbed my bag before rushing out the house to her car.

"So how was it?" She asked me when we drove off.

"It was fine," I hummed before glancing at her, "He said he likes your new haircut."

Her hand shot up to her hair as she grinned wide, "Wow, I can't believe he noticed. I only got a trim." I only let out a light chuckle, only saying it so she could have a good day. I know he didn't say it, but I know he would have if he were here. We arrived at the school in minutes, so I hurried and grabbed my cello from the back seat, "Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up after the audition? We can go out to eat and celebrate."

"No, it's okay. I already got plans with Evan," I assured her and she nodded before I waved her off and she drove to work. I then turned to face my school, already seeing my best friend, Evan approach me with a smile.

"God, it's like that thing gets bigger by the day," He groaned before taking my cello off my hands to carry it for me, "You nervous?"

"Define nervous," I joked and he rolled his eyes, "I'm actually excited. Like this could be my ticket."

"You do know that we're in California, right?" He wondered, "Well Hollywood, to be exact, where literally tickets of opportunity are being passed out free on a platter."

"Okay, but that's for actors and pop artists," I explained, "No ones going to hire a teenage girl that can only play the cello."

"You don't know that," He nudged me, "They might need you to replace someone playing the cello already in Hamilton."

"Just come on," I sighed before continued to go to our lockers. Evan became my first friend in school, especially since he noticed that my small body was carrying a very large instrument that definitely needed someone else to carry.

"I think I might cry if you go to Juilliard and I'm stuck here, being an extra in someone's movie," He sighed, leaning against the locker next to mine, "I would probably have no lines and not be in the rolling credits in the end."

"Hey, look on the brightside," I suddenly said, "That movie could be with Brad Pitt or Steve Carell starring in it."

"Ooh or Al Pacino," He then thought with excitement, "Or Robert Downey Jr.!"

"You see? So when you do happen to work with Bradley Cooper, have him sign that picture you have of me, okay?" I laughed and so did he before the bell rang. Like always, classes were a bore, but I paid none of them any mind since I was focused on my audition. My father went to Juilliard before coming to California and meeting my mom, so I grew up wanting to be like him, even when he passed away.

"Okay, are you ready?" Evan asked me as we began to walk to the auditorium after school was over, "Because this is it. Your moment."

I smiled, "I'm ready, I've been ready since I was a kid."

"Just know that everyone needs a cellist, and you are going to be that person that they need," He encourages, "And if they don't take you, just know that Juilliard are idiots to decline, but they won't reject you because you're absolutely talented."

"Thanks, Evan," I turned to him when we reach the auditorium, noticing other kids were also there for the audition, "I really needed to hear that."

"Anytime," He smiled, but looked past me when one of the staff members came in.

"Guys, there's been some unfortunate news," She told us, "The instructors from Juilliard were not able to make it due to the sudden change in weather in New York. They were trying to wait until the storm passed, but it's nothing going to stop anytime soon, so the audition has been postponed for a later date."

At her words, my heart sunk. Evan's hand rested on my shoulder, squeezing it gently as everyone for the audition began to leave the auditorium. "Hey," Evan called me and I turned to him, "Want to go get a burger at the Shack?"

I nodded hesitantly, "Yeah, let's go."

We walked out of the auditorium and the school as well everyone else, but we walked down to the Shack Burger to get something to eat. Evan knew that was the only way to make me feel better. We walked in silence, but when we got to the place and ordered our food, Evan spoke up, "So there's this guy I've been talking to, his name is Austin."

I rest my chin in my palm and smile, "Ooh, do tell. Is he handsome? Did you speak first or did he? Wait, first things first, where did you guys meet?"

"We met at the record shop," He grinned, nibbling on the complimentary biscuits they set out usually, "He noticed me before I had seen him, but he goes to UC Davis."

My eyes go wide, "No way, a college student!"

"A college freshman," He corrected, still eating his biscuits, "But he's so handsome."

"So," I hummed when we got our food, "When are you meeting him again?"

"I have no idea, lately we've just been texting because he lives on campus," He explained and I nodded, letting him go into more detail about Austin. Though, as I did, my gaze was distracted by three guys walking down the street. They talked amongst themselves, but one of them met my eyes, which caused him to pause and stare at me briefly. I raised a brow at him as he grew confused himself, but I looked away when Evan tapped my hand, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, didn't you see that guy staring at me?" I asked him and he looked at the window with furrowed brows.

"What guy?" He asked and I looked back at the window to see the guy walking away with his friends again, but looking back at me strange. Evan groaned, "Don't tell me you're seeing spirits while we're eating now?"

I rolled my eyes at Evan, but kept my gaze on the window, watching the three boys disappeared. I kept my confused look, "I guess it was nothing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 644 21
Destiny Breenan never imagined three friendly ghosts asking for her help, but the problem is, she's a medium, she helps ghosts and family members, th...
212K 4.4K 21
ไฟกใ˜ใ‚‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’Š ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’—๐’† no music is worth making if we're not making it with you. โคฟ julie and the phantoms fanfiction โคฟ luke patte...
50.5K 1.2K 13
ใ€‹Get up, get out ...relight that spark ใ€Š โ†’ julie and the phantoms fan fiction โ† โ†’ season 1 โ† โ†’ ยฉpatchymcgee โ† โ†’ e...
24.3K 433 19
๐—Ÿ๐˜†๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ ๐—ช๐—ถ๐—น๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป- Bobby's daughter. She lived with her mother in NYC but she has decided to move with her father to persuade her music career...