๐•๐Ž๐ˆ๐‚๐„๐Œ๐€๐ˆ๐‹ . ๐ญ๐ž๐œ๐ก...

By yellow_cardinal

' uh yeah , hey you got the wrong number , just thought I'd let you know ' โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก in which a w... More

แต›แต’โฑแถœแต‰แตแตƒโฑหก
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ• .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ– .
. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ— .
. ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ .

. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ.

69K 1.6K 2.9K
By yellow_cardinal

warning ; swearing

°            .         °             •           '           .         °          •         '

                                                                                               ☆

tap tap tap

The number was muscle memory at this point. Why the girl didn't just click the contact with her sisters smiling face - accompanied by a middle finger - was a mystery to others. Dakota defended it as a matter of memory. If you remembered someone's number, it meant you cared more about them. Perhaps that was why she could remember the number to her favourite take out joint, but not the number for her landlord.

Once the number was in, Dakota threw it down on the table for it to ring while she turned away and started to clean up around her gaming desk. Discarded Pepsi bottles were the main cause of clutter, having piled up a little more then she would have liked. The other litter perpetrator was a collection of monster energy drink cans that were stacked according to colour to the side of her left monitor. Dakota had seen the Tik Tok of the fake gun made of Monster cans and was striving towards making one. She was only a few cans short of it at this point. Made of the pink cans, obviously, that was the best flavour there was. Dakota picked out a white can, and a black and green can, separating them from their pink companions and throwing them into the bin by her desk. No use keeping cans she wasn't going to use!

" The number you have dialled cannot return your call, leave a message after the tone " typical, Dakota supposed. Tulia never picked up her phone, she wasn't even sure why she bothered trying to call her sister anymore. Dakota assumed it was her need to hear another's voice. Texts could hide things, voices were much easier to decode. She was good at picking up on little things hidden in voices, it made her a good person to talk to when someone was feeling down. The beep sounded, and as Dakota continued to tidy her desk, she spoke adamantly in the phones general direction.

"Honestly Tuls, pick up the phone for once in your life, please" were her first words, accompanied by the clatter of throwing the jacket that was hung on the back of her office chair, over her chest of drawers. "It's not that hard girl, anyways, we have to talk about what we're gonna do for your 300k because that's coming up right? imagine if you hit it on our birthday, coincidence, I think not!" Dakota giggled at her own dumb reference, and stacked up some Pepsi bottles in her arms, carrying them to the bin, then dumping them. Resulting in the battering of bottles, and crinkling of the plastic bag. " we could do a speedrunners video maybe? or a hardcore world? they've been more popular lately I think? or bedwars! " her expression lifted at the idea, " I'd smoke you at that, you wouldn't stand a chance " the laughter continued as Dakota, now satisfied that she had tidied up her workspace well enough, slid back into her chair and rested her elbows on the desk, holding her head up. Her eyes trailed up the wall as she spoke, following the small cracks in the paint to occupy her gaze.

 " oh! we could do a tournament! you, me, Jas, Iz, Eugene and a few others if we can snag 'em, I've got some money for a cash prize if we want to do that? " the one-sided conversation wasn't out of the usual for Dakota Ivan, even when on her own, without her phone beside her, she chatted to herself. Well, perhaps less chatted and more mused her thoughts aloud, much to the annoyance of others in the vicinity of the brown-haired girl.

" If you don't wanna do Minecraft, we could do a couple games of jackbox - invite fans to play along maybe ? that'd be interesting " the woman clicked her nails on the desk in a rhythmic pattern and scrunched up her eyebrows as she realised the cut off for the message would be soon.

"Anyways, call me back you bitch, love ya tuls, bye" Dakota reached over, ending the call, and simultaneously sending the ramble filled voice message to the number that she had dialled, who she believed to be her sister. The girl leaned back in her chair, tipping it back a little and letting out a long, bored, breath. Dakota tapped at her computer mouse for a few minutes, looking through her YouTube recommendations for something to watch, before switching to Twitch and checking her notifications.

' tu1avan is live '

" That bitch ! " Dakota said with a bright grin, opening the livestream. Her fraternal sister was playing on a Minecraft server with one of her streamer friends, Wilber Soot. The two having met though Nihichu, who knew Tulia through a conversation in the comment section of one of Tulias YouTube videos.

" Hold on Wilber , I'm joining the great skeleton war! " Tulia shouted through her mic, directing her blue devil themed Minecraft skin towards a small horde of skeletons, armed with a diamond sword and a shield.

" Wait for me! I'm gonna smack some bones " Wilber character sprinted past, barely armoured up, and swinging around an iron sword. The battle was short-lived, as expected as the death message showed up fairly quickly.

' WilberSoot was shot by a Skeleton '

Dakota was quick with her input on the situation, opening up the donations and sending in a quick message. After a few seconds, the text to speech feature for donations spat out her message.

' K0devan donated $5
         -   ha , what a noob   -    '

Tulia read out the donator name and began to laugh, prompting Wilber to ask what he did, and what made her laugh so suddenly and so delayed after his spectacularly expected death. Dakota assumed at this point that he must not have been able to hear the donations come through. She leaned back in her chair. While there was never a facecam on Tulia's streams, Dakota knew well enough that the girl had her hands over her face and and legs balled up on the chair she sat on. Her sister had a habit of curling up when she was laughing.

" nothing , nothing man " Tu1avan laughed through what sounded like tears, " just my sister calling you a Noob " Wilber let out a few noises that sounded like protest before seemingly deciding on a response.

" 1v1 me right now " Wilber said, a grin could be heard in his voice, Dakota assumed if she opened up his stream, that he would be suppressing a laugh. The girl opened up donations again and put her information and message in.

' K0devan donated $5
         -   square up brit boy , your about to get smacked   -    '

Tu1avan relayed the message before addressing the problem in the text. "Kode, how many talks have we had about grammar, it's you-'re not you-r" by this time, Tulia had sent her a realm invite to ' random bullshit ' and she was being pulled into a discord call with the two of them.

"Grammar is for losers, real gamers can't spell," Dakota said into her mic, the distoredness due to how close she put her face to it, as her angel Minecraft skin loaded into the realm.

"well, I'll have you know I got a C+ for English in senior year" The British accent was unmistakably belonging to Wilber Soot.

"Oh, sorry sir, didn't realise how illiterate you were" the line prompted laughter from all three gamers. The chat whizzed by for both Tu1avan and Wilber. On Tulias side, it was welcome messages, from fans who were well aware of K0davans existence. While on Wilbers side there were messages such as 'ANOTHER WOMAN', courtesy of one Tommyinnit, and 'Who's the new girl?' from various confused fans.

"ElOdie, top text, bottom text, black bars, 'who are you?'" Dakota could vaguely remember the mention of an ElOdie before, Wilbers editor? Yeah, that sounded right.

" I am your worst nightmare, K0devan, the 'o' is a zero for your information, now, where are you, I'm here to beat you " Dakota directed the pixilated white-gowned angel to run down a long wooden path, where she could see movement in the distance. It was dawn in-game, directly opposing the current dark sky outside Dakota's bedroom window. The Minecraft character left the birch forest it spawned in and entered a cleared out area with a neatly designed house and farm. " Nice place " she let out a low whistle and continued to run towards the entrance of the house, where she could see Wilbers character, with no armour or weapons, standing next to a yellow bed. Entering the house, Dakota noticed the line of chests, each with an item frame indicating what was held in each. She opened the one with the stone sword in the item frame and took a freshly made iron sword from it.

" Hey Wilber~ " Dakota called, almost taunting the other streamer, who's character turned around slowly, as if with suspense.

" Kode. . . " Wilbers Minecraft character crouched, " we can talk about this like adults, can't we? "

" Good luck with that ! " Tu1avan yelled through the call.

" you gave the challenge brit boy, this is your undoing " Wilbers character turned and sprinted out of the house, with K0devan following close behind. Most likely due to the fact that Dakota wasn't familiar with the layout of the seed, Wilber got away fairly quickly. Vanishing into the birch forest before Dakota could get across the moat that was set up - having completely missed the wood bridge built over it. " and he has run away , another point for me " Dakota took a sip from the nearby can of Monster, cringing at the taste. 'why did i buy ultra violet?'  she regrably swallowed the sip she had taken and leaned into her mic again. " Tuls, remind me to burn all ultra violet monsters ". Tu1avan laughed, having the insight on the meaning behind the line. She was well aware of her siblings hate for the purple monster drink.

There was about another half an hour of these sort of events. K0devan spent her time setting herself up with a little base, and anytime that Wilber came into her sights, started chasing him down until he inevitably vanished again. It was getting easier to catch up to him though. Dakota glanced at her phone, eyeing the time. 11:43pm. Yeesh, when did it get so late?

" Tuls, tell me when Wilber stops running in fear from me, imma get my beauty sleep " the young woman logged out, closing minecraft and hovering over the leave call button. 

" you need it ! " her sister called.

" SUBSCRIBE TO K0DEVAN! " Dakota yelled and left the call, laughing heartily. She tugged her hoodie off, leaving herself in the loose tank top she usually slept in, and a set of loose cotten shorts. Dakota grabbed her phone as she almost threw herself onto her bed, which was a little ways away from her desk. There were a few tags from twitter of the clip of her chasing Wilber, and a few responses from fans and streamers alike. The fact that Wilber Soot was in the clip, seemed to garter further attention.

USER 0 

CLIPPED FROM WILBER SOOTS STREAM!!! K0DEVAN ARRIVES!!

[ video clip ]

----

user 1

       ' can we get a showdown video between WIlber and K0de? ' 

user 2 

      ' god she sounds creepy when shes calling him ' 

--          user 3

' i know right? reminds me of dream '

Dakota scrolled a little further through the comments on the post. Eyebrows rising at the replies.

TommyInnit 

' wilber is associating with women, how dare he '

TubboLIVE

'  its alright he's not abandoning us yet '

WilberSoot

' yet '

That thread prompted a laugh from the woman who set her phone on the side table, pulling the blanket over herself. No doubt she would be laying here for a little while before she was actually ready to sleep, so she leant over the side of her bed, looking underneath for the object of her affection. 

" Bayek! " a grin erupted on her face, her long brown hair falling all over as she attempted to reach the cat that was half asleep under her bed. After a few moments of manuvering, a triumphent Dakota held an incredibly unamused feline in her arms. The tuxedo tom cat was not alright with being removed from his warm nest under the bed, but made the best of the situation, curling up in a ball between Dakota's pillow, and the wall that her bed was against. " alright, ignore me then " she laughed and leaned her head back, reaching up to scratch the two year old cat on the head.

It would be a little while before she would actually get to sleep, so her mind filled with what was on the agenda the next day.

°            .         °             •           '           .         °          •         '

                                                                                               ☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.8K 36
๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฒ accidently texts the wrong person, he finds himself smiling at his phone... but why? "you play minecraft??" "yes...?" "AND I'M FR...
292K 9.8K 34
***-***-5876: on jah you need to stop breaking phones. i have 20 contacts with your name on them. -- ***-***-3091: ive never broken a phone in my lif...
1.3M 38K 77
Kinsley Berke, just a normal but weird British girl who accidentally types the wrong number into her phone. While chatting to a random stranger on te...
570K 15.6K 30
Next person after next, waiting for my shift to end. I call the next person in line over to me and start with my normal greeting as well as "do you h...