The Spiderweb

By paris_monet

A memoir regarding my experience within the psychiatric hospital. More

EPIGRAPH

PROLOGUE

8 0 0
By paris_monet

| 6/21/2019 | 4:54 PM |

These past few months I have very much been struggling to cope with my bipolar disorder. Unfortunately, my current medication hasn't been subduing my episodes as well as before.  Therefore, I have been suffering from severe depression, anxiety, and mania.

I have been battling with very intense suicidal ideation for the past 3 months. I have nearly committed suicide twice and then I had finally attempted last week. I had experienced an extreme mental meltdown which then morphed into a complete and utter psychotic break where I attempted to swallow various pills from my mother's medicine cabinet.

However, when my mother caught me and endeavored to help me, I became incredibly violent. Although she tried to coax me through the situation, I was being uncooperative and combative. The worst must have been when I had become so deranged that I kicked a hole in the wall.

Eventually - at some point that evening -  I now recall disassociating completely and having some form of an out of body experience. It's almost as if I was watching myself and the situation from another perspective. And there I was - rolling around on the floor like a fish out of water, screaming and crying. It was rather strange... to say the least.

When I returned to my body, it wasn't until my mother's boyfriend (at the time) had intervened and then somewhat defused the situation. They had forced me to take a Xanax to calm down. Then I had fallen asleep and seemingly, the worst was over.

Ultimately, I can only remember that evening in bits and pieces - as I often do - never entirely. It's almost as if my memories are an ugly puzzle with certain parts missing from the picture. Therefore, I cannot quite process nor discern the image completely. When I reflect on myself and that situation, in particular, I don't even recognize myself in my own memories.  

That is when I knew I needed help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 452 10
When the Marauder era got a letter from golden era saying that there is second wizarding war, and they are going to watch the life of two Potter in o...
12.4K 435 25
Unicode ငယ်ကိုအရမ်းမုန်းတာပဲလားမမမုန်း သဲငယ် ငါ့ဘဝမှာမင်းကိုအမုန်းဆုံးပဲ တစ်သက်လုံးမုန်းန...
49.9K 2K 20
Story about a married couple who's life was so toxic to live in. ⚠️ !!!𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡!!!⚠️ ♡ This story is going to contain domēstic abu$e, so r...
15K 2K 50
Hi, I'm the owner of the petition and I'm going to be talking about this ban of it, vote and comment & sign the petition act WE NEED ABOUT 15k SIGNA...