started with a dare | NORENMIN

By Junhao_trash

"i've seen the way he looks at him, and it's definitely not because they're close friends." BOOK FOUR friend... More

before
1 | DARE
2 | KISS
3 | WONDER
4 | THINKING
5 | ALONE
6 | TELLING (part 1)
7 | TELLING (part 2)
9 | PICTURE
10 | UNEXPECTED
11 | COMPLAINTS
12 | POSSIBLY
13 | AGAIN
14 | ARGUING
15 | CHECKING
16 | CONFLICTED
17 | SHARING
18 | OVERREACTING
19 | RETURN
20 | CHEATING
21 | ADMIT
22 | SAME
23 | GIVING UP
24 | SOLVED? (part 1)
25 | SOLVED (part 2)
26 | END
! IMPORTANT NEWS !

8 | AIRPORT

753 30 3
By Junhao_trash

"oh, come on. we were supposed to be at jisung's dorm room like, ten minutes ago," jaemin whined, complaining about waiting for an extensive amount of time for jeno to get ready to leave and send their chinese friend off.

"just be patient. he just woke up," renjun tried to calm jaemin down, not wanting to hear anymore of his complaining so early in the morning. the shorter male was extremely tired, barely getting any sleep the night before, and he didn't want to hear more of the brown haired male's complaining. it was already way too early in the morning to deal with anything, so listening to jaemin complain for almost five minutes now was giving the red haired boy a headache.

how renjun wished he had stayed in someone else's dorm for a bit while keeping up his distant act. it was all part of his individually planned plan to help get the two brown haired boys together so he could finally move on after knowing that jaemin was taken.

however, no one would take him in and told him to just go back to his dorm. some friends he had. and because of that, the chinese male had to deal with jaemin's whining so early in the morning.

"hold on, i'm almost done," jeno called from the bathroom. another groan was heard from jaemin, and the brown haired male earned a nudge in the side from the only chinese male in the room.

"stop complaining. it's already too early in the morning for this. i don't need to hear another groan come from you."

sometimes, renjun wondered how he had a crush on jaemin. maybe it was his playful and friendly personality, or his kind and caring heart, or his energetic aura that never failed to take renjun out of his sleep, although he still constantly complains about being tired and needing more sleep. liking someone who was unable to be calm and collected majority of the time never crossed renjun's mind, yet here he was, having a crush on the very definition of an insane human being who gets high simply because of sugar.

shaking his head, mainly at himself but also at jaemin, who had now retorted to try and force the locked bathroom door open, the chinese male made his way to the brown haired male and essentially peeled him off from the bathroom door, and made an attempt to pull him back to the other side of the room where they were previously standing, obviously with much difficulty.

renjun's small size was very disadvantageous in times like this. even though he was only six and a half centimeters shorter than the whiny brown haired male, his strength was nothing compared to the korean's. jaemin could easily unground renjun with no effort, while the red haired male would have to put so much effort as to just get jaemin out of bed in the morning. the chinese male hated being so small, but he couldn't blame anyone other than his genes.

with much difficulty, renjun succeeded in getting jaemin to detach himself from the door, but the chinese male wasn't prepared for what followed afterwards. the legs of the brown haired male crossed over each other as renjun tried to pull him away, making him have more difficulty in dragging his roommate away from the bathroom doors. his light weight and weak body caused the chinese male to lose his balance, which led to him wrapping his right arm around jaemin's neck to try and prevent himself from falling. however, that plan backfired on him because next thing that the boys knew, both of them landed on the floor with a thud.

jaemin was on top of renjun, his left hand by the shorter male's head while his right wrist was still being gripped on by the other. the older of the two still had his left hand on the korean male's wrist while his other arm was still swung around jaemin's neck from when he tried to stop himself from falling. obviously, that didn't turn out well because it only dragged both of them down to the floor and led to them being in this position.

the two friends had no sense to actually try and get back up from the floor. instead, they remained in that position for a little while longer, just looking into each other's eyes with pure shock and surprise running through them a mile a minute. renjun felt his heartbeat starting to increase with every passing second, and following that was the gradual heating of his cheeks, turning a slight shade of pink. however, neither of them broke the eye contact that was occurring between them at the moment.

it wasn't until the sound of something hitting the ground was heard that caused the two boys on the ground to avert their eyes from each other and look towards the direction that the sound came from. there, they saw jeno, fully dressed and ready to go, with his hands in a position as if he were holding his phone. except, the small mobile device was nowhere to be seen in his hands. following an invisible line from the male's hands to the floor, both jaemin and renjun saw the brown haired male's phone laying face down on the floor, most likely cracked, broken, or both.

"what the..." was all that came out of jeno's mouth from the disbelief from what he had just seen. renjun looked away from the standing male only to remember exactly what position he and jaemin were in. the chinese male quickly pushed the brown haired boy on top of him, telling jaemin to remove himself so that he could stand back up, and both boys frantically stood up, straightened out their clothes, and dusted it as if they were wiping off the settling dust.

jeno remained in the same position, looking back and forth between his two roommates before shaking his head and trying to get the mental image of what just occurred out of his mind. he didn't need to think about that, nor did he want to, but the image wouldn't go away.

shaking his head, the brown haired male snapped out of his trance and picked up his mobile device that he accidentally dropped upon seeing the two of them in a suggestive position on the ground, silent cursing at his cracked screen, but nevertheless, pocketed the device and cleared his throat.

"a-are we going to go now?" jeno mentally hit himself for stuttering, but it just came out. the korean male doesn't remember the last time he stuttered, maybe because he never actually had? but the situation he had just witnessed was too much for him to deal with in a day. not to mention that it was still early in the morning and the brown haired boy was still half asleep.

the other two silently nodded their heads, agreeing with the brown haired male's statement before the three of them took their leave, making their way to their chinese friend's dorm room to meet him there.

"have a safe flight, chenle," the group of twenty boys greeted the chinese male as he was about to enter into the security entrance, where no one else was allowed to go any further without a ticket. the boyfriend of the chinese male was still clinging onto him, refusing to let go and send him away for the summer. jeno and lucas were trying to detach him from the light brown haired male, and succeeded after much difficulty.

"noooo! i won't let you go!" jisung yelled as lucas and jeno dragged the large baby to the rest of the twenty high school students, who were waving to chenle before he passed through the security point. the chinese male gave one last kiss on the forehead of his boyfriend before waving to the other boys and making his way further into the airport.

with that, the remaining boys left the airport, dragging a whiny jisung behind them, as they made their way back to the five cars that they took to get there.

originally, renjun had been in the same car with kun, dejun, and yangyang, but since guanheng asked if they could switch so he could be with his best friends, the red haired male agreed.

however, the chinese male did not know that guanheng had taken the same car as his two roommates on the ride to the airport, so guess where renjun was stuck for the hour trip back to the dorm rooms.

yes, he was stuck between his two best friends for the entire return trip. he didn't know how it ended up this way, nor was he necessarily complaining. but out of nineteen other people, he had to be stuck between the two brown haired boys, one of which he had shared some kind of moment with in the morning, and one who had caught the moment that the other two were in.

having yuta as the driver and sicheng in the passenger seat didn't help much, either. throughout the entire ride, the three boys in the backseat were dead silent, avoiding each other's eyes and staring out the window. the red haired male didn't know when silence was a thing between the three of them, and the two other males in the front seemed to think the same.

"why are you guys so quiet?" sicheng asked, turning around in his seat while renjun caught the quick glance of yuta's eyes through the front mirror before the japanese male focused them back on the road.

the three high school students in the back seat turned their attention away from the windows and to the chinese male in the front seat, before looking to the side and seeing each other. they then turned back toward sicheng.

"tired," the three of them said in unison, causing a series of glares to be sent to each other, cursing through their eyes for saying the same thing at the same time.

sicheng just chuckled and shook his head. "alright, then. if that's what you say." he turned back around in his seat to face the road, and renjun saw the hand of the japanese male latch onto that of the male in the passenger seat, intertwining their fingers. it made the red haired male smile slightly, seeing how far their relationship had come since a year ago.

thinking about it now, today was one of those rare days where all twenty one of the boys were together. sure, they've been together a lot throughout the past year, starting from the reunion where taeyong was first introduced, dejun's first birthday party, the new years celebration with the ones who didn't leave for vacation, the end of the year school festival, and several days throughout the summer as well. it felt nice to the chinese male to have the friend group be whole once again, and the two people who were involved with the splitting of the group were now closer than ever, putting a smile to the chinese male's face.

a heavy weight was felt on the red haired boy's shoulder, snapping (snapping) renjun out of his thoughts. he turned towards his left to see jaemin's head leaning on his shoulder, his closed eyes and steady rise and fall of his chest indicating that he was asleep. the chinese male's face turned a bright shade of pink, realizing that his crush had fallen asleep on his shoulder, before feeling another weight on his other shoulder.

turning over to look at his right, renjun saw the face of jeno, his head leaning on his shoulder similarly to jaemin. the brown haired male's eyes were also closed, and the rhythmic pattern of his chest also brought the chinese male to the conclusion that he was also asleep.

there was nothing renjun could do. he was stuck in between his best friends, both of them sleeping on each of his shoulders, with jeno wrapping his arms around the chinese boy's waist and jaemin clinging onto the same male's arm. the restricted movement caused by the two brown haired boys caused renjun to silently sigh before leaning back into the car seat and relaxing his body.

soon enough, the red haired boy felt his eyelids feeing heavier and heavier, eventually drifting off into dream world and instinctively dropping his head towards the side, landing on the head of one of his roommates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 11.1K 41
My boyfriend's crush is kissing a girl, thought Renjun sarcastically, a little bit bitterly... Renjun's life is a crazy mess, Jeno has trust issues, ...
32.6K 1.9K 51
"The guy that I secretly had a crush on, the guy that I never thought would notice me, today, he broke my heart into pieces and left me heartbroken...
168K 7.8K 15
✎ markhyuck ! ☏ - in which mark accidentally discovers donghyuck's secret. started ↠ 2019.28.10 ended ↠ 2020.01.03
446 19 9
Highschool Romance ~ What happens a somebody takes interest in a nobody? ~ "Someone like you has no business with someone like me." NCT Fanfiction Ja...