The Little Dove #3 ✔️

由 darkblonde1

Sequel to The Lone Dove: #3 Melanie Myers is the daughter of Poppy and Maximus Myers. She has her Mother's et... 更多

PROLOGUE
01. An Enemy of Edmund Creed
02. I am a Man of my Word
03. The Book On Hypnosis
04. Have I Caught Your Attention Now?
05. History Untold
06. You're Getting Angry With Me
07. Written Confession
08. Sense of Smell and Sound
09. Golden Level and Above Mine
10. The Fall of a Broken Neck
11. Edmund, You Have the Sexiest Name On the Planet
12. It was All a Test, It was All a Lie
13. Information Pays More Than Pleasure
14. Frowned Upon By The Gods
15. Get Your Own Orchid
16. Giving Edmund a Run for His Money
17. Trampled With Close-Call Encounters
18. The Bicker and Banter of Dainty Twin Laughter
19. The Million Dollar Question
20. The Divergent Nightmare
21. Won't You Stay
22. Dead Men Tell No Tales
23. Mission Is Go
24. Liar In The Sheets
25. It Involves A Bikini
26. Love On The Rocks
27. Trust And Sacrifice
28. Dance Like We're Making Love
29. The Edge of A Bullet
30. Taking The Bullet, What A Wicked World
31. It's Time For A Game Change
32. First Rule: Don't Get Caught
33. Strike First, Answer Questions Later
34. The Known Cannot Be Unknown
36. Who Are You, Edmund Creed?
37. Let's Play A Game of Truth
38. As The End Nears...
39. No More Lemon
40. The Board Of Trustees
41. A Hit On The Dandelion
42. The City That Never Sleeps
43. Mad World
44. The More Reliable
45. Trust
46. The Ultimate
47. Turn Around
48. All Choked Up
49. One Stolen Breath
50. The Horizontal Dance
51. The Day After
52. My Celestial Being
53. The Collision
54. Source of Entertainment: Sweet Dreams
55. Blood Bound
56. The Girl Behind It All
57. Tough Dad Vibes
58. Not All Is As They Appear
59. Another Untamed Liar On The Loose
60. Kenji + Edmund = Testosterone Dynamite
61. Don't Do This, Kenji.
62. The Unknown Demise
63. Poisoned
64. Relations With The Fitzgerald
65. Tsuen Imperfections
66. The Price On The Battlefield
67. A Time So Deadly
68. Adapting
69. Kiss Him, Melanie. It'll be your last.
70. Wherefore Art Thou, Edmund?
71. Ridiculed Riddle
72. Deals With Devils
73. Heart Screaming Blood
74. Staying Sane In The Snow
75. Sacrifice Is Never Planned
76. The Truth To Set Her Free
77. Lemon Quartz
78. Turn Me Aflame
79. Come Die With Me, Melanie.
80. Playing God
EPILOGUE
⚜️ INTERESTING FACTS ⚜️
⚜️ ANNOUNCEMENT ⚜️
⚜️ ANNOUNCEMENT ⚜️

35. The Hidden Tunnel Revealed

982 54 181
由 darkblonde1

CHAPTER 35: The Hidden Tunnel Revealed

(MARVIN'S POV)

After the kiss I shared with Lorraine, she avoided me more than she avoids most spiders. She has a strong phobia for spiders. Watching her sit on the other side of the lunch table, playing with her fruit salad, was a clear rejection. Or, in my hopes, she was just in thought. I glanced up at her frequently, before noticing another figure move up to the table.

"Blonde hair, purple eyes, you must be the interesting twin brother of Melanie Myers?" The male says, Claude Borne stands over the table with a raised eyebrow, his brown eyes stare uselessly into my amethyst ones.

I give him a stoic look, "And, who might you be?" I act as if in the unknown.

He folds his arms, furrowing his eyebrows, "It's Claude, Claude Borne. I'd really thought Melanie would have told you by now, considering the concoctions she has spewed up in her mind about me and the principal. It's completely barbaric, I heard your sister was in some asylum, focusing on her mental health or something. Is it true what they say? That Johnson raped her for forced love and that screwed her up good?" He says, my nostrils flare and I slam straight up in a stand, but a certain silver eyed male beats me to the punch, literally.

BANG!

He steps up to Claude, eyes raging infernos and without a second notice, his fist ploughs through Claude's face in mere seconds, breaking his nose with the snap of bone resonating in the air, along with Claude's pathetic howl.

SNAP!

BANG!

CRACK!

The momentum shocked even me as Claude flies off the podium like a human launcher, only he looked more like a flightless bird and a headless chicken as he toppled to the floor with another resonating slam, his arm twisted painfully.

Not only did Edmund break his nose, he also broke his forearm and the socket in his shoulder. My eyes widen, the crowd shivers in unison as we watch him writhe on the floor like some kind of demented snake, or worm. He looked like he belonged in the dirt more than anything else.

I watch closely as his face reddens at the pain he can't possibly comprehend, one punch and Edmund did a serious number on the piece of shit that was now being helped away to the infirmary, even the professors of the room couldn't seem to shout at an aggressively-breathing Edmund who menacingly glares at the one being hauled away. Lorraine shudders behind me, her hand on the back of my suit shirt, I stand in front of her as Talon steps down next to Edmund.

"Calm down, Ed. You can't let loose here." He mutters to him.

"He spoke of her like that, Talon." Edmund's voice changed into something far darker than I'd ever seen, I watch with defensive eyes as I wrap my arms behind me, covering Lorraine completely, she tucks her head into my back, still shaking. I was holding the urge not to shake at the amount of blood that was pooled on the tile of floor, just from Claude Borne's nose.

Edmund straightens his jacket as Lyndon wordlessly throws him a napkin for his hand, which merely had blood on it, not even a bruise. He was breathing like a stormy tornado, crushing whatever it could in his path, the man was insane, he fucking looked it too. Like death had appeared in him and took over, he was acting like some sort of God, Zeus had competition.

All in all, I just saw what one punch could do when he really meant it, his head-butt to me must have been like whacking a piece of cloud compared to the menacing beast I just saw. Claude deserved it, that I would admit easily, but this guy in front of me took one punch to a whole new fucking level.

Even Principal Jewel, who stood from her table was shaking at the fear of the sight before her, "Mr Creed, what do you have to say for this?" She turns to him, Edmund doesn't even bother looking at her, he looks straight at the door.

He still hadn't said anything.

Her voice heightens in volume, "MR CREED!"

He slowly turns his head to her, as if turning the earth with him, controlling our solar system altogether, she flinches, as if he hit her with but one look, he tilts his head, animalistic-ally, "Nothing, and unless you want the school to know just what you've done, you'll write this off as an accident." He says to her, piercing low in a snake-like hiss, mixed with a hungry bear. An enraged, feral one with great insecurity.

He struts out of the room, with us on his tail. Talon and Lyndon was directly next to him, his hands were shaking and not a minute later, do we follow into the private lounge, I close the door lightly, even then, Lorraine jumps. I reach out to comfort her, but she takes a hurried seat next to the Japanese twat. I hold the urge to roll my eyes bitterly.

She seeks me out for safety, but him for pitiful comfort. Fucking ridiculous.

Edmund washes his hands, "Don't tell lemon that happened." He snaps at me, using the nickname he gave my sister, I lean against one of the desks with an open chess board on the table.

I stare at the couch, specifically where Lorraine sits, "Believe me when I say, she'll find out even if I don't tell her." I mutter, emotionlessly. Melanie always found out, a knack she shared with my Mom.

He closes his eyes and slams the tape off, "What kind of fucker would say shit like that?" He spits, clenching his aggressive anger around the paper towel he shreds to shattered pieces and stuffs into the side bin.

I raise an eyebrow, "You seriously don't know. He was provoking you, and you-the hot-headed imbecile took the fucking bait." I gesture to the idiot, who takes the deepest of breaths, I take a seat on the chair.

Talon watches his friend closely, "Edmund-" Edmund cuts him off with a sharp look, a pointed one of warning, snarling warning and an effort to telepathically tell his second in command to keep that trap if his shut and shut tightly.

I give them both a weirded look, "What was that back there anyway? You didn't just lose your shit, you flew off your fucking rockers like a banshee with a skunk glued to his arse?" I silence the room with my visually orchestrated statement. I smile to myself when a light giggle leaves Lorraine, my eyes snap to hers, meeting them head-on, I give her a subtle wink.

She rolls her lips in and blushes, I watch that blush like the good old times when she let me parade her cheeks with kisses every time I aroused that perfected shade of red on those porcelain perfect cheeks of hers. I watch her eyelashes flutter like they use to, she knew I was watching her, yet still fought looking up and meeting my gaze like I wish she would.

Edmund suddenly catches my eyes when he scoffs, "What? Like you were going to do anything. Besides, it's my right to give that piece of shit what he deserves." He spits, possessively, his entire form is taut and looking rather gross, like he doubled in size or something.

I blink, "Do you need therapy or something? Your face looks like it's about to implode on itself, and then explode with a weird volcanic type of eruption, you know? Water hitting heightened gulps of lava and steam just flushing out of every volcanic hole, just take a chill pill or something. Cool off, take a step back." I tell him, literally. Testosterone he was emitting was greatly disgusting, and highly chock-worthy. Breathing was a harder task than I thought. The bastard wouldn't even cool down if I threw a bucket of ice over his head-fuck, that would seriously make my year.

I should bring Dad in on it.

He still thinks the guy's name is Edison, or Edward. I think, I can't remember-it changes each time anyone brings him up. I should write down the 'ice-bath' idea. Mom couldn't stop us if she tried-well, that wasn't true, but we could save it to the last second, there would be nothing she could do.

Completely off topic.

...but, nonetheless important.

Edmund gives me a deadpanned stoic look, Talon glares at me, before clearing his throat, "We need to plan what we're going to do if he presses charges, Edmund?" He says, responsively. I'd honestly urge Claude Borne to do that, after making sure the fucker could no longer reproduce with spawn of his own.

I'd make him forget too.

Not about the part in suing Edmund-No, I'm really all for that.

Edmund takes an individual seat, "I don't care about that, he wouldn't dare anyway, we have reports on him from Lemon's findings." He says, calming down when he says her nickname a few times. I internally gag.

He rips his long coat off, Lorraines' eyes widen.

I facepalm, literally.

She stares at his muscles like they're a piece of meat, it's not like they were twice my size, I subconsciously look down at my own biceps, I worked out for crying out loud, why wasn't she staring at mine whilst puking rainbows with her eyes. He's not a fucking God, Lorraine.

Even bloody Iris frequently glances over to him, his shirt fucking ripped because his muscles grew too big for it.

Who was he-Arnold Schwarzenegger in his thirties?

I honestly hate the bastard even more now.

If only I could drape a sheet over him-treat him like an old couch or something. I pointedly glare at Lorraine, clearing my throat, she snaps her eyes to me, mouthing 'what?' oh-so-innocently. I gesture with a hand, covering my eyes for a second, imitating she look the hell away from the insecure arsehole who flexes involuntarily in his anger.

She fucking pouts at me.

As if to say, 'please-I'm thirsty and he's dripping with juices'.

I'll show her a man dripping with fucking juices, all I need to do is go to the bloody gym and make sure she was tied to my hip. Not even a crowbar could separate us by that point. Then, she can look at me like the last available meal on earth.

Bloody hell, Lorraine.

I pinch the bridge of my eyebrows, she's so going to pay for that later.

Edmund glares lasers at the table in the middle of the surrounding seating areas, "Damnit, this woman is pulling at my fucking strings yet again." He mutters under his breath. I snigger and purse my lips when he side-glances me. Or more like side-glares.

Lorraine sighs, "It's been a week now, surely she wouldn't take all semester working, right?" She slowly looks to me, her eyes are only on me because of MELANIE. Bloody favouritism.

I shrug, "I wouldn't hold your breath."

"Where is she then?" She retorts, but not rudely, innocently and she pulls that damn face that I cannot ever say no to. I sigh in defeat, she'd find out one way or another.

I close my eyes, "Somewhere in America, I don't know where, just that there's a new landmark for the company that she's been asked specifically by our Mother and the board to look into. Believe me, she's far away from all of this and that's what makes this better. She's not in any danger where she is." I mutter. Edmund hangs off my every word.

He closes his eyes, "Why didn't she tell me?" He whispers, saddened slightly. He cooled off completely. I'm going to say this...

W. H. I. P. P. E. D.

W-Wild. H-Hopeless. I-Idiot. P-Pining. P-Pitiful. E-Expressive. D-Desire.

He's fucking whipped and more.

I give him a look of disbelief, "Probably because you're an obsessive manic stalker who can't catch a hint." I tell him.

He snaps his head to me, "You want to be the next one in the infirmary?!" He threatens, I'd like to see the bastard try.

I scoff, "Good way to get on your Lemon's good side, imbecile-attempt to kick the shit out of her twin brother. You've just won yourself the next Oscar for Wankers-R-US." I spit at him, shaking my head at his delusional one. The fucker doesn't have a clue.

He sneers, "Grow up, would you?" He spits.

I scoff, "Says the idiot who just got himself in a punching fight like a little teenager with hormonal fluctuations in his system. I swear, every breath you take, you shoot out twenty more over-exaggerated emotions that could bench press every male here." He growls lowly.

I was on fire.

He shoots straight up, as does Lorraine, and she growls, like a cute dainty kitten that I would cuddle all day-I hold in a smile-her cute whiskers are even showing, "Both of you can size each other up at a later date, right now we have to focus on the issue at hand. Both Claude Borne and Principal Jewel are suspects of what happened to Melanie. Right now, we first have to figure out who was sending her threats?" She says, taking a slow seat when Edmund takes his own. I watch the elite closely.

Not one showed a change when she said this.

So, I add more wood to the flame, "She received a threat in Professor Stanley's lecture room on her second day here, I think? Who else could have been in that classroom?" I ask, surprisingly Iris pipes up.

"It could have been Professor Stanley himself who planted the drive?" She suggests, but she also slipped up.

I fold my arms and give her a curious look, "What makes you think it was a drive? It could have been a note on his desk." I say.

Erik shakes his head, "No, it was a USB." He mutters, nonchalantly.

I step forward, "How would you two know that?" I ask them both, darkly.

I watch Erik pause in his seat, freeze like a statue.

Iris snaps her eyes to Edmund. Who clears his throat, "They both saw it when I showed them the USB, Marvin. Back off, before I force you." He spits, I snap my head over to him, his silver eyes level with my amethyst ones, I turn away, back to the desk. I knew he looked over her files, everything she found.

I turn back, "She received a similar note to the digital threat on one of the salad's at the cafeteria, should we look into the staff working during that time?" I offer. I watch Lyndon tense where he sits, I narrow my eyes, Talon notices and subtly gives Lyndon a shove. Edmund watches me watch them. Closely.

Edmund shakes his head, "The staff were other senior staff cooks or high school seniors looking for extra money and are local. None of them would even know my...lemon." He doesn't bother catching himself. Possessive bastard.

I roll my eyes, holding my tongue from saying that she wasn't his, and technically their relationship is on the edge of thin glass, depending on his past steps, she'll determine whether he's worth walking on that edge or not. He's still kept in the dark though, and that makes me feel giddy with anticipation.

"Why do you sound so convinced?" I ask him, slowly.

He slowly looks over to me, "I just am, our main targets are that fucker Claude Borne and the screwed up principal." He says, leaning back in his seat. She's more like a child eater than anything else.

I give him a raised eyebrow, "How would you explain the three heated signatures then, during the time you broke in to the abandoned storage unit?" I ask him.

He gives me a look of disbelief, "I thought that was obvious, it was Claude Borne, Detective Johnson and Principal Jewel. They're probably the ones behind everything else." He flails his hands for emphasis. I should flail my middle finger for emphasis.

I raise an eyebrow, "So, Claude Borne is the suspect for the library incident, Principal Jewel can be the peeping piper in Forthright's stalker frame on the wall of his office, and she's also the main suspect for dressing up like my sister and trying to frame her for giving Erik a tap on the head? Is that how your ruling this out?" I ask him.

Erik glares at me-what a weakling.

Talon proceeds to ask, "What? Do you have other theories? We're all ears, because proving those theories are near to impossible when the only discriminating factor here is a folder of Claude Borne fraternising with the creepy principal." He says, gesturing that that was the bottom line.

I pinch the bridge of my nose, "The principal told Melanie she was in love with Forthright and told her not to rat him out when Melanie directly asked her about the four blondes. She told Melanie it was he who did this, when in fact Professor Forthright was a Detective, either she had no clue, or her feelings are consisted of lies and cover-ups for someone else."

Erik pipes up, "That someone could have been Claude, maybe he's the one who did it and it was Johnson who went down for it. It's not like Johnson could confess to doing anything to those girls because Professor Forthright shot him before he could talk." He says, bringing in his own theory.

I shake my head, "Johnson confessed everything to my sister when she was tied up, he likely killed the male named 'Maven' too. At some point, Melanie thought Johnson to be a pawn used for pleasuring Principal Jewel. Now, I'm not sure, he has a type, specific only to blonde girls, who's into business and has money." I mutter, rubbing my forehead.

Lorraine furrows her eyebrows, "You know, I don't remember seeing Claude at the lake party that night Melanie went to the library." She murmurs.

Edmund takes a long sigh, Talon does the same, before Lorraine gives him a curious look, "Where did you disappear off to when you received a phone call by the bonfire?" She asks him, innocently.

He appears awkward, "Um...well, you really don't want to know." He mutters.

I narrow my eyes, "Spill." I say one word.

Iris groans, "He was on a booty call, just drop it you two." She mutters, disgusted. Talon rolls his lips in, the only form of embarrassment that didn't look like real embarrassment anyway.

Edmund gives him a stern nod, as if telling him to agree, I furrow my eyebrows, just as my phone vibrates in my pocket, my calendar reminding me that I needed to check out the library.

I glance up when Lorraine says, "So, we think it was Principal Jewel who dressed up like Melanie to attack Erik, who looked through the peephole in his office when Professor Forthright's has his sessions with her, and it was Claude who broke the ladder in the library. Who broke into her room?" She asks the next question.

Talon and Edmund both say simultaneously, "Johnson." As if they were twins.

I nod in agreement, "He called her 'beautiful' when he attacked her, and it couldn't have been Forthright because she ran into him whilst someone else-likely Johnson-broke into her room. He probably heard about the files she had." I mutter, nodding only this one time, in agreement.

Why did this feel so easy to be placed? It all slid in like a Pixar puzzle, all nice and neat, clean. I look to each one of the elite members-they didn't look so clean, in fact, guilt I was crossed Lyndon's expression, regret in his eyes to as he cups his shaky fingers under his chin. Iris looks up, biting me watching him, she nudges her brother, who in turn, looks up at me and glares, hiding his hands.

"What's your problem?" He says to me, in annoyance.

I raise an eyebrow, I shrug, "Should there be a problem?" I ask him.

He works his jaw, "Are you patronising me?"

I tilt my head, "No, but there's no need to get so worked up. All unless you know something." I say, lowly.

Iris groans, "Not this again, first Melanie thinks I'm the bad one and now her stupid brother is thinking it's my brother. Will you ever quit?" She asks me, exaggerated.

I fold my arms, "I'm trying to figure out how the hell none of you were able to pick up on any of this until the very moment my sister was in the arms of the murderer none of you even knew was a serial killer in the first place?" I spit.

Edmund stands, pointing at me, "She hid a lot from me and my team. The only way I could find out what was happening was when I trashed our room looking for every file and piece of evidence she had!" He growls at me, vein popping in his neck.

Talon gives me a glare, "All of it pointed to Forthright at the time, no one was sure when he continuously had alibis against the times Melanie was attacked, or cornered, or threatened." He says to me. My eyes remain narrowed.

I scoff, "Melanie told me your tell for when you lie. You knew something yet did fucking nothing until it was too late. When you set the truth free, she'll come back, until then, start using a punching bag instead of blowing up like an insecure twat who's merely deprived of his soon-to-be ex-girlfriend. You're the one who needs to grow the fuck up before another bloody incident happens. Or maybe, find out how Claude Borne has your ID number when neither of you have spoken until now." I spit at him, grabbing the door, ripping it open and slamming it closed behind me.

I really hated that guy.

I strut down the hall, towards the library. My identification number had to be typed in to enter the large room. I eye the isles closely. Watching for staff members, any tutors or students were pre-occupied...thankfully. I had the codes and the correct moment to slip inside, while the librarian was busy with one of the shelves, I jumped over the counter and towards the restricted 'staff only' room. Which was thankfully unlocked, I step inside, closing the door.

I turn, not expecting to see dozens of cabinets. I glare at the atmosphere of the room, damnit Melanie. I curse in irritation, using my phone, I read the contents of the drive I was suppose to find, with the date not more than a couple months ago.

I open the cabinet, searching for that specific date, I come up empty as I look closely at the dulled great cabinet, the hard drive of the camera footage gone. I purse my lips, should've known it was used as evidence when the police got involved after the incident with Forthright to the apparent rescue.

I take a seat on the desk, opening the drawers, taking a closer look as I move towards the mouse of the computer, I right click, and the screen opens. I scrutinise the password lock. The librarian was an old woman, who likely could forget her password. I glance over towards the two red diaries, skimming through them, I found nothing.

I narrow my eyes when my finger runs under the desk, a white slip tapped underneath, using my phone, I kneel under the desk and read the password, too fucking easy. I quickly typed it in, my happiness was short-lived when it said 'Incorrect Password. Try again.' I glare at the damn screen.

Getting through passwords for me were a lot fucking harder than for Melanie. I try three more related passwords, before I turn to the picture frame of the librarian holding a Maine coon kitten, that sure didn't look like a kitten. She named it 'Tabitha'.

I raise an eyebrow, typing that in.

The screen loads, I raise an eyebrow, "...so stupid." I mutter under my breath as I look through file explorer, camera footage, library and the screen unfolds to the specific time I needed. So back-up's were left on the computer.

How interesting.

I open the footage, watching the door as I plug my USB in the monitor, copying the files as I watch in anticipation. Melanie steps into the room, it was pitch black, but the camera inverted the sight. I scrutinise it as she moves aside into one of the isles. My heart beats faster as I watch a hooded figure step into the room, Edmund's ID number typed I and I look closely at the figure. They dashed across the room, away from Melanie, when the door opened for a second time.

I thought it was Forthright.

It wasn't.

I watch the second hooded figure walk slowly to where Melanie was balanced on a ladder, my eyes widen as the second figure runs straight for the librarians desk and run for the librarian's desk. I zoom in and watch as the hooded figure with a masculine physique move through, just as Melanie screams on the audio, that I quickly turn down the volume. I watch my sister climb onto the isle top as the door opens for the fourth time, revealing Forthright, who must have heard her scream.

The second hooded figure, with a similar physique to the first, ran straight for the librarian's desk too. I furrow my eyebrows, watching the hood slip, I zoom in and once again, I catch sight of a certain mask.

I copy those files, watching and waiting. I pull it out once it loads and log off, deleting recorded history. I turn towards the door, only to freeze at the shadow behind it, the librarian says something to a student, it sounded muffled, I slip behind the door, holding my breath when it opens, "Professor Forthright, I have the files you asked me to save, please come in, their on my desktop here."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I swallow, watching closely through the muffled wardrobe, only what happens next has me close to screaming like the masculine man I am, when the wall behind me shifts silently and not a second later, it flips, the wall literally spins and locks as I breathe out freezing cold air.

I open my eyes, my breathing laboured. I shove my hand in my pocket, ripping out my phone and flicking the light on.

My jaw drops....a hidden doorway. My amethyst eyes widen, what in the world?

I look at the vine-infested walls, cold, wintry air fuming from somewhere below me, the steps, concrete and wet, surprisingly. I look back at the wardrobe wall end I had seen previously, the concrete indented door was in it's place.

A hidden doorway, that led directly outside.

I move slowly down the steps, this must be what Melanie felt like during her time of investigating. All I could hear was the thundering of my heart, it locks when I hear voices from the other side, I ignore the urge to run as I spin to the hidden resting wall with a few webbed barrels on the ground, I could recognise those voices anywhere.

The sound of trudging footsteps could be heard.

"What the hell do you mean, Talon?" His voice, deeper, recognisable. My jaw clenches as I switch my light off, quietly hiding it in my suit jacket. Melanie freaking owes me a new pair of embellished high tops, damnit. These were my favourite fucking pair of shoes in the wet concrete right now.

"I'm telling you, Melanie's brother knows something. You saw him in there, he's here investigating, not to fucking study. Melanie put him up to this and you know it." Talon spits.

The deeper voice growls, "Don't speak her name, I don't care what you say, I'm in love with her. If her brother figures it out, I don't care anymore, for once in my damn life, I am happy." He spits his own complaints. I listen carefully.

Talon growls, "You're losing sight of everything, she won't give a care about any of us when she finds out everything about the group. Lyndon fucking let his guard down and that fucking brother of hers knows we were a part of this. Once she finds out what you've done, she won't forgive you for this." Talon warns, before the slam in of something against solid rock enters the atmosphere.

"I'm done lying to her. Now, I'm fucking done with this, let's get the footage and leave. This is the last time I'm saving your ass because of your screw up." Edmund spits.

I swallow as the move past me and towards the steps, it was dark, but my eyes could still see the outline of both of them, I press record on my phone, Talon curses, "Fuck, Forthright is in there now."

Edmund snaps at him, "Enough, he's almost finished. Damnit, we were such idiots. You were a fucking idiot for not stopping Borne when he broke the ladder. What could have happened to Lemon? That's why you damn well ran for us as if your ass was on fire that night." He spits at him, my eyes widen.

Talon growls, "It was your fucking idea to figure out what the hell she was up to. I fucking panicked when I saw Borne in there, I was already out when I heard her scream. How many times do I have to apologise to you? It was a fucking mistake. Don't act like you're innocent in all of this. Your covering for Iris and Erik is putting the rest of us at risk." He says, cracking his knuckles. I hold my breathing. I knew these people were twisted, but I couldn't understand what was happening before me.

"Don't even bother mentioning those two idiots right now." Edmund mutters.

Talon chuckles darkly, "We were all there when you covered for Iris. Melanie fucking knew, somehow she put two and two together, she linked Iris to Forthright and now you're making us try to convince Melanie's brother that it was Principal Jewel who peeped through that freaking portrait. You and your perfect lemon is a fantasy, Edmund. The sooner you get that through your head, the better." He mutters to Edmund, who in turn, looks at the concrete door. Jaw clenched, eyes darkened, he obviously disagrees.

I don't.

They need to be taken down.

"After this, we need to leave, cut our losses and go somewhere else. You're in too deep. We shouldn't have done this, Edmund." Talon mutters, surprisingly, for the first time, he sounded worried.

"I want to tell her, all of it. Everything, Talon." Edmund whispers.

Talon looks over to him, "Have you lost your mind? If you told her everything, it's worse than leaving without a word of 'goodbye'. They are good people, they don't deserve the shit we bring along. Iris was the one who made you lie to protect Forthright, Erik was the one who made you lie to protect his screw up and he brought Lyndon in to do it. If you told Melanie everything, she'd never forgive you, man."

"You can't know that. If she sees the truth, if she hears it from me, she might still love me in the end. Why would I run from that? She's the only happiness I have, I'm not giving up on that." Edmund murmurs.

Talon shakes his head, "You don't understand. The institute, Edmund. I'm talking about all of it, you'd tell her the truth about Oswald?" He questions. I furrow my eyebrows, making sure not to move, not even an inch.

Edmund's changes the aura in the tunnel, a dark one I had only seen once, when he smashed Claude to the floor, as if he were a weightless human being, "Yes."

"Have you not even thought about what would happen if she left you? If she found out the truth of your upbringing, of our upbringing. We're a brotherhood for life, as is Iris. Melanie grew up with a real family, with a princess perfect life, Edmund. She doesn't belong in the darkness we live in, we shouldn't have gotten involved in this mess." He mutters, creaking open the concrete doorway.

My eyes remain widened.

Edmund stays at the door, on the lookout.

"She wouldn't leave me." He mutters to Talon, I could hear them from all the way over here, it echoed down the tunnel.

"Exactly how certain are you?" Talon asks him, shoving his way to the laptop screen, he curses for some reason.

"She wouldn't leave me." Edmund repeats once more.

Talon somehow achieved what he wanted, before logging off, I snap my head back. Making sure to stay well within the shadows, "She'd never look at you the same if she knew about the institute. What if she found who really sent those threats, Edmund? She wouldn't just abandon you, she'd abandon all of us. Even if I consider her family now, like the rest of them, she'll leave, you just don't want to admit it." Talon mutters, just as both of them type in a strange sequence.

Talon struts down those few steps, Edmund follows silently, all before, "You're wrong about her."

"Why? Because she said she loves you?" His voice echoes the further along the go down the tunnel, I stare down at my phone when the screen flashes only eyes widen when I read Melanie's message.

'I want my dorm room back.'

Ooh, sis, you really don't.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

605K 20K 47
HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth isn't in her vocabulary, nor is designer...
396 46 17
To enter high school is hard enough; what with sports, girls/boys and of course homework. Couple you're regular teen angst with a horrible tragedy th...
1.4K 146 43
4 girls. 4 lies. 1 common secret. Secrets are dangerous. Lies are even more. Welcome to Paradise Highschool, 'Where it's all possible.' Adrianna stru...
332K 14.2K 30
|Book 1 of The Betrayal Trilogy - Now Discontinued| [READ AT YOUR OWN RISK-STORY WROTE AT AGE OF 13] *** "N--No! Leave her alone! Please, leave her a...