Murder For One, Make It For T...

By Spottedfire-Windclan

It's the late 1920s, and Twenty-two year old Anthony Giovanni is once again sent off to take care of a guy fo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 11

648 22 22
By Spottedfire-Windclan

"I can't believe you do this everyday, do you dance around the room when you play the music?" asked Anthony.

"Sometimes, mostly I go through the news bulletins to find some stories, ah, the joys of reporting on the tragedies of this world and the death that continuously plaque this world." said Anton happily.

The white haired just rolls his eyes as the car takes a turn down another street.

The radio show was now done and the two were on their way to having some lunch.

Anton hums lightly as the cafe comes into sight and he pulls over, parking against the sidewalk. Anthony hops out and walks with the brunette to the cafe.

"Think your sister would be willing to meet us here, it is a lovely establishment." said Anton.

"She would, but I was thinking of the other cafe, the one with a bakery built in, Marie loves that place, she has a bigger sweet tooth than me." said Anthony.

The brunette chuckles at that as Angie greets them, letting them seat themselves.

"I guess, it's just I'm not a fan of sweets." said Anton, opening the menu.

"Really, you ate those scones before... wait those had no sugar in them." said Anthony.

"Exactly, I prefer bitter foods." said Anton, flipping the menu around.

"Hm, than you may like this one cake, it's small and made from cacao, which I heard is like cocoa but extremely bitter." said Anthony.

"Hm, perhaps I'll give it a try, maybe that'll be a dessert I can actually enjoy." said Anton.

The two place their menus down as the waitress comes over. They place their orders and look back at the other.

"So, what kind of performance should I expect once we return to my home?" asked Anton.

"Don't know, it'll be something I made up though, I do sing other songs but mostly if I'm bored I just sing off the top of my head." said Anthony.

"Hm, then this shall be interesting, I just hope it doesn't involve too many random thoughts." said Anton.

Anthony laughs at this as the waitress comes back with their orders, placing them on the table.

"Here you are, if you need anything else, just let me know, okay." she said.

The two men thank her and dig into their food.

"So, where are you going to eat with your friend tonight, hopefully not that awful place with the rats." said Anton, wrinkling his nose.

"God no, ugh, I'm surprised that place is still open." said Anthony, chuckling lightly.

He wipes his mouth before thinking on it.

"We're actually going to eat at this nice place on Second St., you may have heard of it, it's a French place but I can't remember the name." said Anthony.

"The only French restaurant I know that's on Second St. is Le cygne paisible, and it translates to The Peaceful Swan, a very upscale place for the middle class." said Anton.

Anthony is impressed, he had no idea Anton knew French.

So impressed he was he didn't notice Anton's tight grip on his cup. The brunette is pissed at this new information, why was this Joey guy taking Anthony to a romantic setting, why?!

Anton squeezes the cup tighter, causing the glass to shatter in his grip.

"Holy shit." gasped Anthony.

The radio host stares at the mess, seeing small scratches on his hand from where the glass cut in.

"I'm alright my dear, perhaps the cup was defective." said Anton.

As he says this the waitress rushes over and over-hearing his words apologies for the trouble.

"It's quiet alright, I just need a bandage is all." said Anton with an easy smile.

The waitress leaves a bandage roll before rushing off to talk to the manager. Anthony rolls his eyes to grab the roll and get up.

"Lets clean that cut up in the bathroom, okay?" asked Anthony.

The brunette smiles and gets up to follow his love, entering the bathroom to shut and lock the door. Turning the water on, the white haired man wets a towel and moves it over the bleeding wound.

"Who knew cups could explode in hot water." said Anthony.

"They can actually, it's quite fun to watch." laughed Anton.

His laugh is cut off as he winces as the cut starts to sting.

"Ya, all fun and games till ya get a cut." said Anthony.

He places the towel down to start rolling the bandages around his palm.

"So you know French?" asked Anthony.

"But of course, mon amour chéri." purred Anton.

Anthony shudders, cheeks red before he resumes tying the bandages off.

"I don't know much French, but I know amour means love." said Anthony.

"And is that wrong?" asked Anton, taking his hand back to run a finger over the bandage.

Anthony is silent before he grabs the injured hand, placing a gently kiss in the palm.

"Nope, but if it is than fuck being right." said Anthony.

The brunette laughs at this before running a hand over the white haired man's cheek.

"Mon amour, tu n'as aucune idée de ce que je ferais pour toi, des nombreuses vies que je prendrais volontiers pour te protéger, tu es pour toujours à moi et à moi seul, chér." said Anton.

Anthony blushes to roll his eyes with a light chuckle.

"Fuck you, I have no idea what you're saying." he laughed.

"Just know it all means I love you, my Anthony." said Anton.

The white haired man smiles to kiss his cheek, looking at the gentle brown eyes beneath the glasses.

"I love you too, Killer, now I think we've been in here long enough." said Anthony.

Anton agrees and happily leaves the bathroom, but not before stealing a kiss from his love. They walk towards their table, returning the bandages to the worried waitress.

The mess was cleaned up while in the bathroom and they're given a new meal for free.

"Sorry again for the trouble." said the waitress.

"All is good, so long as I don't lose my hand." joked Anton.

This does bring a giggle from the waitress and she leaves to let them enjoy the rest of their meal.

"Well that was exciting." said Anthony with a laugh.

"I agree, but I do hope you're performance later on the piano will be better." said Anton, sipping his coffee in a new cup.

Anthony goes off on another embarrassed tangent about not being that good.

As he does, Anton just smiles, now holding the anger inside. He has no idea who this Joey is, but taking Anthony to a romantic restaurant like that, alone at night, that did not sit well with him.

Biting his tongue, the brunette tries to let his anger simmer away, he shouldn't worry. After all, Anthony just told him he loves him, no way that Joey guy can take that away.

So the anger slowly leaves and Anton is able to enjoy the rest of the meal with his darling.

Ten minutes later and the two walk out, heading back to the car with big grins on their faces.

"A free meal, not too bad of a time." said Anthony.

"I agree, though hopefully the next time we get a free meal it's not because of an injury." said Anton, slamming his door shut.

Anthony grabs his hand and with a smirk kisses the bandaged palm once more.

"Does this help any?" asked Anthony with a playful twinkle in his eye.

"You must be magic, I think it might just be healed." Anton teased back.

The two laugh as the car starts up and the two drive off towards the radio host's house. The drive is pleasant with some playful banter and a few more palm kisses.

The house is soon in sight and Anton turns onto the tiny driveway, pulling fully into the driveway.

"Hm, not parking out front today?" asked Anthony.

"Nope, it's cleaning day tomorrow so the streets must have no parked cars." said Anton.

The two exit the car and head inside, hearing not a peep or anything.

"Hm, Natalie must still be shopping, as for Harold, he's either sleeping, passed out drunk in the tub or out for another card game." said Anton, shutting the door after his love.

"Does he do anything here besides drink?" asked Anthony.

"Yes, he helps me with my victims, he keeps the house protected and holds all the intruders in the basement till I get back, and he does magic." said Anton.

"Seriously, he's a magician?" asked Anthony.

"I don't think so, it's more of a hobby and he enjoys it, if he gets back before you have to leave have him show you." said Anton.

"I will." beamed the white haired man.

The brunette shares his smile before taking his hand and pulling him to the living room, showing off the small piano that rests in it.

The piano has a nice, shiny black wooden polish, pressed against the wall snuggly with a red cushioned seat. Anthony sits there with Anton happily taking a seat in a large brown leather chair with a high back.

"Any requests?" asked Anthony.

"Hm, how about one of your own, you have me curious what you can play off the top of your head." said Anton.

The white haired man lets out a nervous laugh before facing the piano. He thinks for a moment when something comes to him and he takes a breathe.

His fingers dance across the keys, playing soft and sweet, allowing the brunette to close his eyes, taking in the lovely sound.

"When the night comes upon us, let it's melody play to you. The world is now silent as the sun drifts away, no more worries of what must be done. As you sit upon your chair, let me sing to you, let me sing away your wary blues." sings Anthony.

The tune is lovely and Anton finds himself humming gently to it, he had no idea his Anthony could sing so beautifully.

He was wonderfully surprised.

"Lis-ten, as my song drifts through the wind, sing along if you know my words. Let them lay you to rest as the days hardships come to an end. As I sing to you my secret song, know that I am yours, know that I am by your side."

Anthony's eyes have shut at this point, losing himself to the music. He always gets lost when he plays, but only in secret as his father was strict about keeping him in the family business.

"Under the night sky, with the moon high above, the world is shined in a new light. A soft glow that reveals hidden paths, so listen as it speaks. This song is ours to explore, explore the hidden word of the night. Sing with me as the night passes on, sing with me as I walk with you. The morning is far away, so let's move under the sparkling stars, only the moon is our witness. The sun shall never take away our hidden world." finished Anthony.

He plays the keys a little long before coming to an end. As he opens his eyes he finds himself back in Anton's living room and looks to see the other watching him with adoring eyes.

Anthony's red cheeks returned brighter than ever as he looks away.

"Li-like I said, it can be random and make no sense." he laughed nervously.

Anton just smiles and gets up to walk over to his love, wrapping his arms around his shoulders to kiss his cheek.

"It was lovely, my darling, you should write it down." said Anton.

"Huh, re-really?" asked Anthony.

"Yes, that may be off the top of your head, but it made me think of us, after all, we both work best in the night and that hidden world you sang of, it sounds like our relationship, it moves through the shadows but hides in the light, never to be taken away." said Anton.

This makes the white haired man smile, he was thinking of Anton when he sang it, it makes a lot more sense now.

"Okay, guess this is our song now." said Anthony with a big smile.

"Perfect." said Anton.

Grabbing a notebook, Anton hands it over, allowing the mobster to write the lyrics down, even the music notes to go along. Once written, he hands the paper over to the radio host who happily takes it.

"I also noticed you mainly played basic notes and a few advance ones." said Anton.

"Oh ya, I know the basics of piano playing and a few advance ones, but I had to stop once I was fully pulled into the mafia life." said Anthony with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh, who was your teacher?" asked Anton.

"My mom, she's also the one who taught me to cook, plus I used to sing with her in the kitchen when we cooked." said Anthony.

"She sounds marvelous." said Anton with a big grin.

"Oh she is, she is also tough so don't piss her off." laughed Anthony.

The two smile at each other before the white haired man scoots over a bit, putting in enough room for the brunette to sit. Anton takes a seat and Anthony moves to press into his side.

"So, gonna teach me a few tricks on the piano?" asked Anthony.

"I would be happy to, my Anthony." purred Anton.

He stretches his hands before playing a few keys. Anthony rests his head on the other's shoulder, watching him play the keys as the beautiful music fills the house.

And this is where the two spend the rest of the day together, playing on the piano and enjoying the other's company. Anthony smiles as he feels his eyelids start to shut when he hears the grand father clock chime.

He lifts his head to look at the time, seeing it's now five.

"Shit, I have to meet Joey on Second St." sighed Anthony.

Anton stops playing, feeling his peace now ruined as anger sits in.

"You sure you can't skip out?" asked Anton.

"I wish, but then he'd ask and it'll get complicated." said Anthony.

He gets off the bench, heading to the door with Anton.

As they reach it, the door opens to show Natalie and Harold walking in.

"I'm just saying, how did you know Keith was bluffing?" asked Harold.

"It's all in the fingers, he seems t- oh Anthony, hi." greeted Natalie.

"Hey guys, I'm just on my way out." said Anthony.

"Seriously, you sure you can't stay for a drink?" asked Harold.

"Sadly not tonight, I have another appointment, but I'm free tomorrow so I'll have that drink then." said Anthony with a wink.

"Great, plus we can cook together, I loved that lasagna you made last time." said Natalie.

"Perfect, well I'll see you guys tomorrow, and you too Killer." smiled Anthony.

Anton just grins to kiss his cheek and watches his love leave out the door.

Natalie giggles to skips off to the kitchen with Harold staying behind. He looks to his friend to see his smile is tight and he's got a dark and menacing look in his eyes.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Anthony's friend, Joey I believe his name is, has invited Anthony to dinner." said Anton.

"That's it, so what, pals have meals together all the time." said Harold with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, but how many take them to romantic places like Le cygne paisible?" asked Anton.

Harold's eyes widen as he looks out the small window to see the white haired man's retreating form.

"Shit, you think he's got a thing for Anthony, cause it could just be a regular hang out in the mafia, might be nothing." said Harold.

Anton is silent as he starts walking away a bit, holding his bandaged hand to rub it a bit.

"Harold, when it comes to things, how often am I wrong?" he asked.

"Well, honestly never, you're pretty good at reading things." said Harold.

"That's because I trust my instincts, they've never failed me, and this situation, my instincts are screaming." growled Anton.

Harold sighs, he knows that growl, that's the sound when he desires a hunt, a blood lust to destroy his foes. The last time he heard that sound was when Anton killed the man who broke his mother's heart before her passing.

"If this guy is his friend, then killing him will only drive Anthony away, Anton there is nothing you can do, just trust the kid to stay with you." said Harold.

"I do trust him, he told me he loves me just as I love him, I know he'd never betray me, but I don't trust that Joey." snarled Anton, brown eyes flashing in anger.

"Then what can you do, killing him will only upset Anthony." said Harold.

Anton is quiet as the black haired man sighs, walking over to rest a hand on his shoulder.

"You can't just do whatever you want anymore, you have to think of how things will effect Anthony too, that's how relationships work." said Harold.

The radio host remains silent, making Harold start walking away.

"If you need any help, just let me know." he said.

He disappears into the kitchen, leaving the brunette to his thoughts.

The radio host grinds his teeth to punch the wall, creating a giant hole. He was furious, he wants nothing more than to get rid of that man, but Harold is correct.

Anthony would be upset if his best friend was killed, but what could he do? He pulls his hand back, seeing his ruined the bandage Anthony had lovingly wrapped around his palm, the wounds were bleeding again.

As he stares at the blood a deranged grin crosses across his face. He steps away from the hole he created to enter the basement, walking down the stairs.

He walks behind the stairs, seeing a box covered by a dirty sheet. Pulling it off, he opens the box and smiles as he gazes inside it.

The box held jars of herbs, animal parts, old books, molters and brushes.

"It's been awhile since I needed anything, oh my friends always stick around for my leftover kills but they knew I'd need them again." said Anton quietly.

Since his journey into the dark arts of Voodoo, his shadowy friends are always near.

He feeds them a victim every month, leaving the basement so that they could have their fun. Then by morning there would be nothing left.

He should soundproof the basement though, Natalie has been hearing his friends as they play with their prey and it has scared her.

He'll do that... eventually.

Pulling out a book, Anton heads to the secret room to open the door, revealing two frightened people. They were a couple he kidnapped the other day in preparation of his friend's monthly sacrifice.

One for them and one for him, but not this time, this time they would be getting both. Smiling at them, he places the open book on his table and looks to his bleeding palm.

Pressing his finger into the wound, he hisses as the cut splits bigger, calling more blood from inside. He lifts his bloodied finger to his eyes, seeing the dark liquid before using his other hand to lift his bangs.

Closing his eyes, he paints a bloody X on his forehead before looking to the book. He starts chanting, reading the words as they appear in the book.

As he chants, the room becomes darker, the light being sucked out. Around Anton a dark red aura surrounds him and a breeze seems to blow into the room despite the lack of windows. The wind blows up his bangs, revealing the X to be glowing red and the brunette's eyes change, the white becoming red with the pupils becoming a darker red.

The trapped victims cry out in confusion and fear, not understanding what is happening. Anton's grin becomes sharper as he watches the shadows grow and becomes darker.

The shadows are practically dripping off the walls before they take form. Many shadows fill the room, each a different silhouette of a creature. One of them wraps around the radio host, this one his size but with what looks to be deer ears.

"Hello my friends, I brought two souls for you tonight." grinned Anton.

The shadows howl with giddy energy but they eye the man expectantly, they know he desires something.

"I do need a favor, you see, you all know my dear, lovely Anthony, and I know you adore him like I do." said Anton.

The shadows agree, they love how Anton has found a mate. The shadows move closer, looking at him in glee.

"He is off to dinner with a friend, but I don't trust this friend, I believe he wishes to take him from me." growled Anton.

His anger effects the shadows for the room goes darker, the giggling glee of the shadows replaced by their snarls and roars.

"Exactly, he can't die though, that would upset Anthony, so instead, I want you to keep an eye on them, if this Joey tries to confess his feelings, prevent it, those feelings should never make it to my darling's ears, but, if he touches him other than a hand shake or if Anthony gives him a hug, than let misfortune rain down on him, never let him know peace." laughed Anton.

The shadows howl in laughter as they have their orders. They quickly descend onto the couple, their screams filling the room as Anton just happily watches.

This time they end the torture early, the victims gone and not a stain left. The shadows laugh before all of them fly about the room.

"Go, take care of Joey and protect Anthony from him." ordered Anton.

The shadows flee the room, the light returning as if nothing ever happened. Anton just laughs a bit when he hears a small noise.

He turns to see standing at the doorway of the secret room was Harold, his eyes widen in shock. Anton's eyes are still red with the X glowing on his forehead.

"What the fuck did you just do?" asked Harold.

"What I had to, I can't kill the bastard, but I can make his life a living Hell, oh Anthony is safe now." laughed Anton evilly.

Harold is stunned before he walks over, gripping the man by his shoulders. He starts shaking the deranged man back and forth.

"The fuck is wrong with you, what was all that?!" he demanded.

"Voodoo my dear friend, you knew I practiced it like dear mother." laughed Anton.

"I thought it was good magic, she only used good voodoo." said Harold.

Anton just smiles as the X fades away as his eyes return to brown. Anton chuckles as he returns to his normal self to fix his glasses.

"She did, but there is also dark voodoo, that is where my path took me, and my friends will make sure Joey never takes Anthony away." said Anton.

Harold sighs as Anton walks around him, book in hand as he places it in the box before covering it up.

"Now, how about a drink, I could really use something strong." said Anton.

"Whatever, just, I hope you know what you're doing." said Harold.

The two head to the stairs but Anton turns to face his friend.

"I know what I'm doing, Harold, I always know what I'm doing." said Anton.

He moves on up the stairs, leaving Harold behind. The black haired man sighs before looking back to the secret room.

He was still unsure what he witnessed, but it was dark and evil. This is a part of Anton that he never knew about, but now Natalie's talking of strange noises in the basement makes more sense.

Sighing, he walks up the stairs to shut the door. He won't question it, he's stopped questioning Anton a long time ago.

He just hopes nothing goes wrong and Anthony's not the one having to clean up the mess.

NOTE: Took awhile as writer's block can be a bitch, but we've moved through it. The song Anthony sings is made up by myself and Scarheart, sorry if it's bad, we are not musicians, we just wrote what came to mind and it sounded good, so, ya.

Anyway, Anton has now unleashed his shadowy friends onto New York... well okay just Joey but still. Is he right, does Joey have a thing for Anthony?

What will happen?! Stay tuned~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 3.4K 18
๐Ÿค COMPLETED STORY ๐Ÿค {WARNING; this story contains themes such as. Abuse, Swearing, Drug references, slight NSFW smut themes, AND DUMB ASS PUNS} โ™ชโ”€โ”€...
1.2K 92 12
In the years of 1920's it's pretty hard to live as a woman who isn't very feminine. Hated by her Dad and left by her Mother, Mary had nothing more to...
102K 2.8K 22
"Radio Demon," I say while glaring harshly to the man across from me. "we have a deal." Just when you thought your life couldn't get any worse. You j...
4.6K 126 8
You are a deer sinner and Vox's assistant. He casts you away while you are in heat and you end up stumbling upon the Hazbin Hotel. This is not ocxala...