The Lone She-Wolf Who Never W...

By OlympusPlayer

Danielle (Dani) Cameron was born into a family of humans, but she was a werewolf. To her description, she was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 [TLSW]
Chapter 23 [TLSW]

Chapter 24 [TLSW]

58.8K 1.2K 222
By OlympusPlayer

January 23, 2011 (1:30 am)

Really, I have no idea why I am writing this for you guys. I mean according to most of the comments I got, you all hate me... I'm evil... and you are disappointed in how I wrote the last chapter. Well if any of what I just said applies to you, why are you reading this chapter. Oh right, my writing is just too irresistible. You know I am such a nice person writing this for you guys after all those ungrateful comments. You all owe me big time.... plus if you don't get my sarcasm, then what I say half the time must really offend you. Well, it's not my problem so whatever.

__________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

She was dead. Dani was dead. My life had no meaning anymore.

Dani's P.O.V.

[yeah I know what you are thinking.... how can a dead girl have a point of view. Well, my friends.... it's called an after life.]

I was floating on top of a lake. It was peaceful like relaxing on a float in a pool. I looked up at the moon and stars and felt like everything was content. They shone brightly just they they should. It seemed everything was okay in my world right now. But if it was that content, where was my Jace?

He should be here. We are supposed to be together always. That's what being mates meant. So where was he?

All of the sudden, I hit the edge of something with a thump. Of course, it didn't hurt, but it was surprising. It was a shore line, well more of a lake line. I really was on a lake. All right? I got out and walked onto the land. Now I was in a forest. This was getting weird.

All of the sudden, a white wolf with blue paws, came out from the bushes and paused in front of me. Its ear tips were blue as well as its muzzle and tip of its tail. This wolf seemed peculiar, yet somewhat familiar to me. Now, I was confused.

"Danielle Nichole Cameron," it said in a deep voice. No way! It could freakin' talk? Wait I knew who this was.

"You're the Spirit Wolf from the Pawnee Native American tribal myths," I said in awe.

It laughed softly. "Do I seem like a myth to you?"

I shook my head. "They said that you came down from the spirit world sometimes or something," I said. "So why are you here, I mean if you don't mind my asking, you...um... godliness?" Was I dreaming?

It laughed again. "No titles, please. And to answer your questions, I'm not there."

The wolf's words hit me hard. That means.... Oh my god! "I'm dead," I squeaked. Then, I started to cry. It felt like I was going into hysterics. "No, no, no. I can't be dead. No. What about Jace. Oh my god! He's going to kill himself because I'm not there. Oh my god! I can't be dead. This has to be a dream. How could this happen? Wait, no. Scratch that. Damn rouge. This isn't fair. He needs me and I need him. Please, let me go back!"

"Danielle, calm down," the Spirit Wolf said.

"Why did you let me die? You're the only reason I am a werewolf. Was it your intent to have me die all along. Did I do something wrong?" I mean yes, I had a screwed up life. But what did I do that was worthy of a death penalty?

"No, Danielle," it told me. "It seems that I'm not as strong as I used to be. What with my people gone and all. Well, mostly gone. There is still a small community of my people up north near the Canadian border. There are like you. Werewolves."

"Still, why did you let me die?"

The Spirit Wolf sighed. "Even I don't have the power to stop a rabid rouge's venom."

Tears spilled over my eyes. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked desperately.

"This is where I will take action, my dear," it told me. "I have a proposition for you."

It was going to offer me a deal? I would do anything to be alive again. Jace and I weren't ready to be separated. We needed each other now more than ever. The rest of my family, too. "I will do anything to be back," I said.

A smile spread across the Spirit Wolf's face. "I was hoping you'd say that. Come on, walk with me." It walked off and I ran to catch up with it, almost tripping over a tree root in the process. We walked along the autumn forest. Leaves were different shades of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. They sprinkled the trees and were spread out over the ground. Then, the Spirit Wolf explained what I had to do.

"You see, Danielle, I don't like the rouges or the stalkers. They are causing trouble among the werewolves. I don't like it. I need them gone and I need you to do it."

Me? I was shocked. "Wait, but if they bit me, I'd just die again. I mean why don't you have one of your more direct descendants do it. They'd be better at it."

The Spirit Wolf looked at me. "Hear me out, Miss Cameron. You are special. I didn't choose just anyone to have the gene of being a werewolf. I gave you the power because I knew you could do it.

"Now, about returning to your mate, I want the both of you to eliminate all of the rouges. There are forty-seven of them. If you eliminate them all, you can have your life back."

"Why don't you just kill them?" I asked.

It looked at me like I was insane. "Because I don't have power over who dies and when. I need you to kill them all. Of course, I won't let you die again until it is your time. I will give you and your mate immortality in order to do this job."

"Are you serious?" I asked. "You want Jace and I to kill them all?"

"Yes," the Spirit wolf said. "But there is a consequence if you don't do your job. You must kill all forty-seven of them in the span of five years. And I will make sure there no more wolves to go rouge. But listen to me, Danielle. If you don't do this within five years, your will die again. This time there won't be any way to come back. And I will make it so your mate can never die. You two will be separated forever. He will live a life on misery forever. Do not procrastinate."

Now, I was scared. If we couldn't kill them all things would be worse than before. Jace would be in pain forever and it would be my fault. Then again, if I did do this, we'd be able to be together and live the lives we wanted. We'd be together. I hate decisions, but I had to make one.

Either take the deal, or stay in the spirit world, where Jace would soon join me. I couldn't let him died though.

"How will we find them all?" I asked.

The Spirit Wolf smiled. "One of my descendants has a sort of power that might be able to help you. She will give you the locations of the rouges and stalkers. She lives with the others and has 'the vision'."

"So, she's a physcic and will help us?" I asked. The Spirit Wolf nodded.

"All right, I accept," I told the Spirit Wolf. It smiled at me. Then in the blink of an eye, it turned on me. Grabbing my arm in it's jaws, and then everything went black, again.

The next thing I knew, I was gasping for air in the hospital bed. Jace's face, which had been buried in my stomach, had shot up. His eyes were all red and puffy. No doubt, he'd been crying. He looked at me in utter shock. I just flung myself at him.

My arms wound around his neck and he held me tightly. We were both crying, but I didn't care. I was back with my mate. Where I belonged. Every moment that passed, I held him tighter until we couldn't breath.

He pulled back and looked at me. "Dani?"

I smiled and nodded, my eyes still wet. "Yeah, it's me," I told him.

"But how? How are alive?" he asked in disbelief.

"Jace," I murmured as I touched his face. "I'll explain to you later, but I need you to do something for me," I said.

"Anything," he promised me.

"Kiss me," I said.

Jace smiled at me and took my face in his hands. I kissed him with everything I had, as did he. There was hunger and desperation in the kiss. The taste of him and the feel of his lips on mine was something I thought I'd never get to experience ever again. Now that I did, I didn't want to stop, ever.

But when we broke apart, his forehead rested on mine. "I thought I lost you," he said quietly.

I shook my head. "Never, Jace," I told him. "I love you more than anything."

"You're my whole world, Dani," he said.

Later that day, I'd been given the okay to move around. I knew I would considering I was now immortal, as was Jace, but that was what I was going to tell him that now. We were at his mother's house and sitting in the living room.

Her name was Evelyn. She was a wonderful woman. The way she welcomed me like I was her own daughter, was something words couldn't describe. She was the mother I'd always wanted.

I looked at Jace and began to tell him what had happened. "I made a deal to come back," I said.

He gave me a look that said he didn't understand. "What?"

"Remember how I told you the Pawnee Native American tribe had this Spirit Wolf? Well, it's true. I met it. And I made a deal with it. It said that it didn't have any power over who died because of the rouges. It wants me to eliminate them all."

"Absolutely not," Jace said. "I'm not letting you get hurt. Dani, why did you say that you'd do this."

"Two reasons," I said. "We're immortal now, Jace. The Spirit Wolf made us immortal so we would be able to destroy the rouges. We can't die, but we do have a time limit. If we don't kill forty-seven rouges in five years, then I die again and you stay immortal."

"So you two can't ever be together," his mother said.

I nodded. "Yeah, but we can do it, Jace. We can kill them all in five years, and then we get our lives back. It's not all bad." I pleaded. If he wouldn't help me, then things wouldn't end nicely. Either way, I'd do it with or without his help.

"Why'd you do this Dani?" he asked.

"Because I love you and couldn't be without you," I told him. "We can do it, Jace. We just need to have confidence. Please, just do it. The deal's done. If you help me, things can go back to normal. Just help me."

He sighed and nodded. "Okay, but how will we find them all?"

"There's a Pawnee descendant up near the Canadian border that will help us."

"You really think we can do this?" Jace asked me.

"I wouldn't have made the deal if I thought we'd fail," I said.

Later that night, I was at Jace's mother's piano. It was beautiful. The were both sitting beside me and I started to play softly. It was a Taylor Swift song, that I thought was somewhat suitable. I sang softly along with what I played.

I've never gone with the wind.
Just let it flow.
Let it take me where it wants to go.
Till' you open the door.
There's so much more.
I've never seen it before.

I was trying to fly.
But I couldn't find my wings.
You came along.
And you changed everything.

You lift my feet off the ground.
You spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier.

I watched from a distance as you.
Made life your own.
Every sky was your own kind of blue.
And I wanted to know.
How that would feel...
And you made it so real.

You showed me something that I couldn't see.
You opened my eyes and you made me believe.

You lift my feet off the ground.
Spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier, oh.

Baby, you showed me what living is for.
I don't want to hide anymore.

You lift my feet off the ground,oh oh.
You spin me around.
You make me crazier, crazier.
Feels like I'm falling and I.
I'm lost in your eyes.
You make me crazier.
Crazier, crazier.
Crazier, crazier.

Jace buried his face in my neck and his mom praised me. "That was amazing, Dani," she said. "Thank you. I'll go get us some coffee." I nodded and thanked her as I walked out of the room.

"You're amazing," Jace whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He knew what I meant. "Don't be Dani," he said. "I would've done the same thing. "I mean life's about taking risks, right?"

I nodded. "I love you, Jace Colton Broderick," I said.

"As I love you, Danielle Nichole Cameron."

We kissed then. Letting into all our senses. Forgetting what we had to do. For now, we could be together. Soon, we would start on our mission, but for now, we were happy in each other's arms. For now, we were safe. That's what I had to live for now.

____________________________________

January 23, 2011 (12:45 pm)

Wow and that's the end. You still hate me? Well don't. There's a sequel and then maybe a third... I don't know. But make sure you look for Dani and Jace in the second story....

The Lone She-Wolf: The Spirit Wolf's Quest

It should be good. I don't really know yet. I haven't worked out all of the details. Just the basic plot. It was nice writing this story. TTFN!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 8.9K 32
My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sacrifice that resulted in my mate being Lu...
7.7K 282 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...
131K 5.1K 55
[Featured by @StoriesUndiscovered in their reading list on 1st March 2022] | First Draft | Edited Once | "𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽...
419K 257 10
HIGHEST IN WEREWOLF - #22 Josie Renyolds had always been the kindest girl in the pack. She would never call anyone a name, be the friend to someone w...