High School Daze

By CoolIssue

High School Daze at Spackman High. The overachieving Students' Council president Son Yejin and her childhood... More

Close Friends
After Class
Court
Stalker
Future Plans
Peace offering
BinJin
Spin the Bottle
Bulguksa
Surprise
BinJin Married
One Minute
Clingy
Coincidence
Parachute
Bus
Flu bug
Ramyeon
Portrait
Childhood
Voting
Bride and You
Movie
Taekwondo
Heartbroken
Halloween
Copper + Tellurium
Sink or Swim
Green-eyed monster
Kiss and Make Up
Merry Christmas
Happy Birthday
Disappointment
Nominations
Sacrifices
Here goes nothing
Graduation

Jealousy

2.8K 276 279
By CoolIssue

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to Meimei minariri22 and sawyerdavenport (my fave authornim in the BinJin fandom) - thank you for allowing me to write you girls into the story!
————————————————————————

Sitting across each other at a table in the open study area, was a pair of very close friends.

Excitedly waving a hand to get Hyun Bin's attention, Yejin said, "The other day..you were saying you had troubles with the mitosis chapter, right?"

"Ahhh that one, yes."

"Well, I got that figured out! I can explain it to you if you're still trying to figure that out-" She continued, holding her biology notebook up.

"Umm...not any more actually, Areum helped me with that when we stayed back for biology consultation with Mr. Koo. It's really impressive how fast she understood the theories, and applied them so well to problem-solving."

"Oh...okay."

Awkwardly, Yejin put her notebook back down, not truly understanding why she was feeling somewhat..bothered.

The thing about Areum is...she's really bubbly and pretty, in the sweet, charming way.

She isn't the intimidating, no-nonsense Students' Council president.

Areum is also in Hyun Bin's class, which is the streamed class for students who are inclined towards the hard sciences.

She also happens to be really, really good at biology.

So much so that she has represented Spackman High at provincial level biology contests.

She surely didn't score 55% on her quizzes and ran away to the park to cry, Yejin thought bitterly.

It wasn't as if Yejin disliked Areum. On the contrary, she really liked that brainy, bubbly girl. They had gotten along great when they were classmates in their first year.

But somehow, the thought of Hyun Bin sitting beside Areum, going through biology notes together...that just felt wrong.

Willing herself to ignore the nagging feelings, Yejin tried to focus on her notes.

A few minutes went by, and the council president pushed her notes slightly forward in her close friend's direction.

"So..this question here...'which of the following would occur in humans if meiosis produced diploid gametes?' I'm not too sure about this one..."

Brows knitted in concentration, Hyun Bin read the question before his facial expression visibly relaxed.

"Oh, I know this one. It should be 'the number of chromosomes in subsequent generations would increase exponentially'. Areum explained this to me, she said diploid gametes would combine to form an organism that contains twice as many chromosomes as the parent."

Areum again.

Inhaling deeply, she silently exhaled, feeling a wave of discomfort wash over her.

What is this bothersome feeling? She thought, her face assuming a slight frown as she grew increasingly unhappy.

Watching as his childhood friend assumed a very conflicted expression on her face, Hyun Bin patiently offered to explain again with a small smile on his face.

"Umm..was that too fast? Should I repeat it? Regarding this, Areum was saying-"

"So, you're very close to Areum now?"

Those words just came tumbling out, as Yejin stood up from her sitting position.

Genuinely perplexed, the basketball team captain looked up at his friend quizzically.

"..wait a minute, where did this assumption come from?"

Huffing, the Students' Council president said, "Areum this, Areum that...clearly, you are close friends with her!"

"Well, I mean, she's really smart and not at all selfish when it comes to teaching fellow classmates. So of course, we are good friends! But not exactly 'close friends' like us...you know?"

Somehow, that struck a raw nerve. Yejin's tone took on an accusatory, dejected note which she did not quite realize.

"Of course you can't be! But she's so pretty and you're obviously very happy to have her teach you biology!"

Dumbfounded in the face of Yejin's uncharacteristic outburst, Hyun Bin walked straight onto the landmine, making the wrong move of attempting to explain himself further.

"I mean, in all fairness, Areum is a pretty girl. But it doesn't mean anything more-"

"Ahhhh. See? You've said it yourself. And there was that American teacher! Don't think I didn't notice the way you looked at her!"

"What American teacher..?"

"The young American teacher! Sam Davenport!" Yejin practically shouted, wearing a hurt, accusatory expression on her face. "You're always like that, Bin, you see some beautiful girl and the next thing I know, you're all giggly and smiley around them."

What is going on? Hyun Bin thought. What is Yejin driving at?

First she's acting weird over his biology discussion session with Areum, and now she's bringing that hot American teacher who came on cultural exchange at their school into the conversation?

"But that was a year ago! And Sam has already gone back to the US."

"What Sam? It's Ms. Davenport to you!"

"But Sam said to call her Sam-" Hyun Bin replied, his face wearing a mixture of helplessness and confusion.

"And you did? Just because she said it's okay?"

Ahhhhh.

It was as if a lightbulb had turned itself on in his head.

Narrowing his eyes at his childhood friend, Hyun Bin said, "Wait a minute."

"What?"

"...why does it bother you so much, that I am in the same study group with Areum? Why are you so angry over Sam and I being on friendly terms..?"

It was Yejin's turn to be at a loss for words.

Mouth parting and closing, as she struggled to find a fitting explanation, she was flabbergasted at hearing Hyun Bin's next sentence.

"...Yejin. you're jealous, aren't you?"

Caught by surprise, before mounting embarrassment and realization sank in, the Students' Council president haphazardly packed her notes.

"No. Not in the least!" She said, casting a hurtful, annoyed expression at Hyun Bin.

With those words, she marched off with flaming cheeks, leaving the basketball team captain sitting by himself at the table, wearing the goofiest smile on his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 585 5
Hello! Here are some stories that can make you cry. Dont try to cry challenge! If you complete these sad stories, you won! This is a love sad story...
185K 6.4K 30
Seulgi always wanted to be a Presidential Body Guard. It's a noble duty to be able to protect the most important person in your country even though y...
421K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...