(Book1) Reincarnation of the...

By faithprieto

[Chapters 1-200] She was originally a puppet of her family. Pursued by the police for being a business spy an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86 & 87
Chapter 88-90
Chapter 91-93
Chapter 94-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-185
Chapter 186-190
Chapter 191-195
Chapter 196-200
Note

Chapter 60

2.6K 107 2
By faithprieto

A Bet

Translator: Henyee Translations  
Editor: Henyee Translations

If he had been a malicious man, he would have thought Gu Ning was dumb to trust a stranger.

Zhou Zhenghong went to sign the contract, and Shao Ping had already left.

Gu Ning planned to cut her raw materials out, when Qin Yifan and his friends came towards her.

Both Qin Yifan and Li Zhenzhen had a cart with them. In Qin Yifan’s cart, there were two materials, while in Li Zhenzhen’s cart, there were three raw materials.

Seeing there were seven raw materials in Gu Ning’s cart, Qin Yifan and his friends were all astonished.

Jesus! He had checked for so long to choose these two. Gu Ning had picked up seven already. Was she buying expensive raw materials or cheap vegetables?

Li Zhenzhen was amazed too, but then she sneered.

Although she knew Gu Ning had a lot of money, she had never seen anyone waste money like that.

“Gu Ning, are you buying expensive raw materials or cheap vegetables?” Qin Yifan found it interesting.

“I am buying raw materials at the price of cheap vegetables.” Gu Ning laughed. She used her Jade Eyes to scan the raw materials in their carts.

Qin Yifan had one big and one small raw material. The big one was a little bigger than a football. Unfortunately, it was a pure stone. The small one was as big as half a football. There was jade in it, but it was too small and in the size of a baby’s fist.

Gu Ning judged from the thickness of its fog that it was a high-level jade.

But Gu Ning had no intention to tell him. She didn’t want to cause herself trouble.

As for Li Zhenzhen, she had three raw materials. Two of them were as big as half a football. One was a pure stone, while the other had a medium-level jade inside.

The last was slightly bigger than a football, but it only had a thin layer of green inside.

“Are you sure you’re going to buy them all?” Qin Yifan asked with uncertainty. He intended to remind Gu Ning to be careful, but he didn’t stop her directly, because no one knew whether there was jade inside or not.

If he stopped her, and there was jade in the raw materials, he would have done the wrong thing. Gu Ning would probably hate him for that.

“I already paid the bill,” Gu Ning said.

“What? You already paid?” Qin Yifan was shocked again. He didn’t expect Gu Ning to be so efficient. “How much did you pay?” he asked.

“4.5 million,” Gu Ning answered. She stayed calm from the beginning to the end, like 4.5 million was nothing to her.

Of course, she knew these raw materials were valuable, or she would not pay that much to buy seven stones.

Although 4.5 million meant nothing to Qin Yifan too, it was still hard for him to spend that large an amount of money on raw materials at one time.

“You’re really indulging yourself.” Qin Yifan didn’t know what else to say.

“Miss Gu, do you plan to cut them out? I’m curious how many of them have jade inside,” Li Zhenzhen said with disdain. Qin Yifan now noticed she was being unkind, and felt displeased.

“Zhenzhen, stone gambling largely relies on one’s luck. Even you can’t be 100% sure to cut out jade from every raw material with your professional knowledge. Songhua, python stripe and moss aren’t the essential marks of a raw material with jade inside,” Qin Yifan said plainly.

“I…” Li Zhenzhen felt embarrassed. She agreed with what Qin Yifan had said, but she was mad that he stood up for Gu Ning against her.

The silent man who followed them all along frowned a little. He was Li Zhenzhen’s older brother. He apparently also felt dissatisfied that Qin Yifan helped Gu Ning.

But what Qin Yifan had said wasn’t wrong, so Li Zhenyu could do nothing but stay quiet.

“Well, it seems Miss Li is confident about your ability. Why don’t you pick one and compete with mine?” Gu Ning challenged Li Zhenzhen.

She didn’t want to be a coward.

People around them focused on them at once. No one wanted to miss the bet.

Facing the challenge, Li Zhenzhen couldn’t wait to accept it.

“No problem! You can use three of your raw materials to compete with mine. Whoever can cut out the most valuable jade wins. If no one can cut out jade, then it’s even.” Li Zhenzhen was confident there must be one raw material with jade among her three raw materials.

At the same time, she also believed Gu Ning couldn’t cut out a single emerald. Even if she had only one raw material with jade inside, she would win.

“Well…” Qin Yifan hesitated. They had chosen these raw materials with great care. Although they weren’t confident all of them had jade inside, there was a good possibility to cut out jade.

And Gu Ning made her choices all by luck. It wasn’t dependable.

But before he could say something, Gu Ning already accepted, “Very well, but we need to put money in the bet, or it will be boring.”

“How much?” Li Zhenzhen asked. Apparently she agreed.

“Let’s say ten million yuan,” Gu Ning said.

“Sure!” Li Zhenzhen answered without hesitation.

Li Zhenzhen accepted Gu Ning’s condition so quickly not because ten million yuan was nothing to her. Actually she didn’t have that much money herself.

She was merely confident that it was impossible for her to lose.

Now it was too late for Qin Yifan to stop them. One was his great old friend, the other one was his new friend. He didn’t want either of them to lose; thus he could only pray it would be even.

From the beginning to the end, Li Zhenyu never interfered. He was obviously confident too.

Li Zhenzhen picked a raw material randomly. Gu Ning used her Jade Eyes to scan it. It was a waste material. Thus Gu Ning chose a waste material too.

Although it was a waste material, Gu Ning still paid.

There were two machines. After Gu Ning and Li Zhenzhen had paid their bills, two workers started to cut the stones.

Although Li Zhenzhen was confident, she paid a lot of attention to Gu Ning’s raw material.

After one cut, there was nothing in it. Then it was the second cut, and still nothing in it. After the third cut, it was still a stone. The raw material had been cut half out without any green. It must be a waste material.

Seeing Gu Ning’s was a waste material, Li Zhenzhen felt relieved, but hers was the same, which disappointed her a lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
240K 71 1
Abhay Singh rajvansh The king of Rajasthan and the devil in the under world. For the world he was a 24 year's old one of the richest and most success...
1.2M 77.5K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
4.2K 55 15
After the events with Sid, Ruby and Titan were about to go to RWBY camp together until Titan's arm gets ripped. That was when Al the toy collector fi...