Stay βœ“

By leviackermans1ut

Sasuke Uchiha and Mai Masaki used to be childhood friends. However, after the masscre of Sasuke's clan by the... More

Chapter 1: dead memories
Chapter 2: first day
Chapter 3: fallen flowers
Chapter 4: new weapon
Chapter 5: thirteenth birthday
Chapter 6: party
Chapter 7: spy
Chapter 8: complications
Chapter 9: clouds
Chapter 10: stay away
Chapter 11: training
Chapter 12: haunting past
Chapter 13:exam day
Chapter 14:squads assemble
Chapter 15:first mission
Chapter 16:hotsprings
Chapter 17:messiness
Chapter 18:stranded
Chapter 19: an understanding
Chapter 20:captured
Chapter 21:tortured
Chapter 22:late night walk
Chapter 23:curse mark
Chapter 24:panic
Chapter 25:waiting room
Chapter 26:forever
Chapter 27:trust
Chapter 28:comfortable
Chapter 29:departure
Chapter 30:failure
Chapter 31:winter
Chapter 32:back home
Chapter 33:anbu
Chapter 34:nothing
Chapter 35:mixed feelings
Chapter 37:crumbling
Chapter 38:impossible
Chapter 39:submissive
Chapter 40:changed
Chapter 41:stuck
Chapter 42:official
Chapter 43:brothers
Chapter 44:insanity
Chapter 45:the truth
Chapter 46:vengeance
Chapter 47:fervent
Chapter 48:im with you
Chapter 49:terrorist
Chapter 50:elimination
Chapter 51:you and I
Chapter 52:giving in
Chapter 53: inclination
Chapter 54:tension
Chapter 55:visitors
Chapter 56: accountabilityοΏΌ
Chapter 57: our sins
Chapter 58: end
a/n
Epilogue

Chapter 36:overwhelmed

806 36 1
By leviackermans1ut

Mai was to stunned to move or think clearly. Two hidden leaf guards ran up to her, asking twenty questions about what happened. Mai was in shock; her wide eyes still starring at her deceased father, the pool of blood surrounding him and how the snow engulfed it.

"What do we do? There's no sign of anyone else here, but this girl isn't holding any weapons! Plus, she doesn't have any on her!"

"Go get Lady Hokage right away!"

Their voices were nothing but mere muffles to Mai's ears. Unable to move, speak, or even think, she just stood there, like she was frozen in a block of ice.

Thirty minuets pass by, but for Mai it felt like seconds. Lady Tsunade and the guards approached the scene, her eyes scanning both Mai and her dead father thoroughly.

"Mai didn't do this. Whatever she saw happen, caused her to be in shock. Take this man's body back to the village. I will tend to Mai." Lady Tsunade ordered.

"Right!" Both men shouted at the same time before each men grabbed Mai's father and carefully started walking to Konoha.

Lady Tsunade sorrowfully glanced at Mai, and she felt tremendously bad for the young ninja.

Mai felt the blonde Hokage's hand firmly place itself on her shoulder, but she was still unable to do anything.

The ANBU member's vision started to blur, and her head felt extremely dizzy.

"Are you alright?"

Before she could try to respond, Mai had passed out, blackness taking over her.

~

Mai wearily opened her golden honey orbs, squinting them as the bright light of where she was blinded her. She groggily pushed herself to sit up, noticing that she was in Konoha's hospital.

Once her eyes adjusted and were fully awake, Mai realized that her friends were sitting across from her with sad expressions plastered on their faces.

Mai became utterly confused, but then, her mind brought her back to last night when Sasuke murdered her father.

"Mai! You're awake!" Naruto beamed, his loud voice irking Mai.

"How are you feeling?" Ino questioned softly.

"What happened out there?!" Sakura asked.

Shikamaru was the only one to stay quiet, knowing that right now Mai probably just wanted to be alone. He would be annoyed too if he just woke up and three people were shouting in his ear.

Mai's face was deadpanned, ignoring all of her friends badgering questions that she did not want to answer right now. What she desired was to go find Sasuke and confront him about why the fuck he killed her father.

The blue haired ninja couldn't figure out how she felt. Mai hated her father and what he did to her for years straight, and she never planned on forgiving him. However, she was going to let him try to make up for everything. Him now being dead and gone forever was making her upset and she didn't care all at the same time. Mai even said she'd kill him herself if he tried anything out there, but he didn't. Instead, he begged for her forgiveness and showed his old self again, and that is what she was desperately holding on to.

How she felt about Sasuke was the same. Mai was incredibly furious at him for killing her father out of nowhere, especially in front of her with no explanation. But, a part of her felt weights being lifted off her shoulders because her abuser was now dead. Nonetheless, Mai still decided to find Sasuke and confront him about the whole thing.

"Let's leave her alone for now. Us being here and screaming at her after she just saw something so terrible is probably a drag." Shikamaru announced to everyone, and they sighed but agreed, for now at least.

One by one they all shuffled out of her room, Shikamaru being the last one.

"Thank you." Mai muttered, grateful that Shikamaru understood the situation and that he didn't try to pry at her.

He smiled before walking out of the hospital room, and once Mai heard the door click shut, she ripped the IV from her arm and jolted up from the bed.

Mai stumbled over her own feet as she found her clothes, this being due to the fact her body became weak because she passed out.

Speedily changing into her clothes and sliding on her sandals, Mai walked over to the window. Placing both hands on the window, she slid it up slowly and silently. Once it was opened halfway, Mai pushed herself up and carefully jumped out of it, landing on her knees which were denting the hard snow. Thank god I was on the first floor.

Without wanting to be caught leaving the hospital, the blue haired ninja started running as fast as she could out of Konoha. She made sure to take streets that were usually not busy, not wanting to risk her friends seeing her leave without Lady Tsunade's permission.

However, Mai doesn't care right now about secretly leaving, and she doesn't care about the trouble she might get into. Simply because, Mai was way to filled with anger and determination to find Sasuke.

Mai successfully made it out of the hidden leaf village, not being spotted by anyone. She had one place in mind of where the raven could be, and that was the lake.

Even though her body ached and was prominently weakened, Mai kept running full force to the lake. She was uncaring about the way her body felt, all Mai wanted was to scream at Sasuke and figure out why he killed her father.

Once she saw the lake coming up close, Mai slowed down and started to walk as she caught her rapid breathing from running so much.

The moment her golden orbs locked with the back of the raven's body, adrenaline pulsed through her as she became filled with Ferocity.

Mai stormed over to Sasuke, aggressively shoving him forward will all her might. The Uchiha spun around quickly, interlocking glares with his former best friend, who looked blatantly pissed off.

"What the fuck, Sasuke!?" Mai spat.

Sasuke arched an eyebrow, as if he had no clue why she was angry. "What the fuck, what, Mai?"

She stomped up to Sasuke, balling his white shirt with her fist, pulling him forward so that their faces were just millimeters apart.

"You know what I'm talking about! Don't play stupid!" The ice user fumed.

Sasuke's pink lips curved into a sly smirk. "Oh, you mean what I did to that scum last night?"

"Why'd you do it?" She snarled.

The Uchiha gently placed his hand on top of Mai's, the coldness of his skin radiating onto her. He clutched her hand, yanking it off from his shirt and throwing it down.

"Why do you care?" Sasuke retorted, causing Mai to become speechless.

'Why do I care? My father beat me and tortured me for years. Just because he claimed he was sorry doesn't mean he actually was. He could have been easily manipulating me. But, that doesn't mean I'm not angry at Sasuke. I don't know what I am.'

Mai sighed with defeat as she fell to her knees, indenting the ice covered snow. "I guess it's complicated. He was still a good father once."

Sasuke joined Mai's side, plopping down onto the ground. "He was nothing but scum. That's why I killed him."

Mai glanced at Sasuke with soft golden eyes, making direct content with The raven's onyx dark pair.

'Does that mean he still subtly cares for me? Why else would he kill my dad?'

"You have this whole personality where you always act cold and dismissive towards everyone. Now, that includes me. But, you killed my dad because he abused me, right?"

Sasuke never took his eyes away from Mai, but, he didn't answer her question. He didn't want to, because he was conflicted on how he felt about her now. Sasuke wants to be alone, and it's hard for him to do that when Mai is around him. It makes him remember how they used to be.

"Does the leaf know that you come to see me often?" Sasuke randomly queried, changing the subject in hopes Mai didn't pry him anymore.

"No."

"And does that mean you still care for me?"

With little hesitation, Mai immediately replied, "Yes."

Sasuke raised his eyebrows, "How come? I left you alone and killed your dad."

Mai huffed with annoyance. "Because you were the most important person in my life. You knew pain, and I was so devoted on making you happy because I hated seeing you so depressed. You're the only person, even to this day that understands me and knows everything about me."

"Hn."

The blue haired ninja jumped to her feet as she became filled with frustration. "Hn!? That's all I get from pouring my heart out to you!? You left me! Don't you realize how much that hurt me after everything we've been through?!" Mai snapped, Sasuke's face stayed unmoved.

"I needed to become strong. You were dragging me down."

She scoffed. "Why? Because you knew that we shared souls and pain? And you wanted to portray yourself as an emotionless person? Guess what, Sasuke? You showed emotions around me! You protected me with your life!"

Sasuke rose to his feet, his face now was angry, which made her gulp with anxiousness. The Uchiha stood in front of her again, so close with hardly any space left between them.

Mai's heart started to thump speedily, and it fluttered at the same time. His lips were so close to hers.. and she wanted to do what she couldn't the night he left.

Sasuke took a step forward, causing Mai to stumble backwards until her back slammed against a tree. The raven placed his hands on either side of the tree, encasing her head between his arms.

The intense gaze his dark onyx orbs had on her face made Mai become extremely nervous, butterflies forming in the pit of her stomach.

Drifting her eyes away from his eyes, she glanced at his pink lips that she badly wanted to kiss. Even after everything, Sasuke still had an effect on her that she couldn't seem to suppress. The desire in her heart was to strong, that the coherent part of her brain that was yelling at her that this was wrong, disintegrated into ashes.

"Mai!! Are you out here!!??" Loud mixed shrieking from her friends snapped both Sasuke and Mai from their intense stares.

"Hn. Seems like your fake friends are worried about you." He nastily remarked, sliding his hands down the tree until they were returned to his sides.

Mai heavily sighed, knowing that she was going to most likely be punished for leaving Konoha without letting anyone know.

She also didn't want that moment to end. Mai was infected by Sasuke, he was like a drug she couldn't stop taking.

"Mai, you have to leave me alone from now on. Got it?" Sasuke aggressively ordered, and Mai lowly nodded.

She couldn't though. Mai thought it was merely impossible to leave Sasuke alone. She longing watched him disappear into the woods, and moments later a group of her friends came charging at her with worried expressions.

"I'm sorry. I felt suffocated in the hospital and needed a walk." Mai lied.

Shikamaru sighed. "I'm sure Lady Hokage won't be mad at you for that. Just tell someone next time, ya know?"

Mai nodded in response as the group silently walked back to the leaf village together.

~

Vote ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 2K 52
What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? How would you feel if you had it all famil...
182K 4K 72
⚠️⚠️CONTAINS CUSSING IF YOU DONT LIKE THEN DONT READ SIMPLE AS THAT!⚠️⚠️ A book based on love and revenge. Can two over come their differences and wo...
99.9K 2K 37
Yume and Sasuke were together for as long as they could remember and had a wonderful life with their family. Yume had deep feelings of adoration towa...
1.8K 47 5
============================= Various Team Seven meet each other. A lot of fun and some nice surprises. #KakaSaku This is pure chaos; it is not meant...