Stay ✓

Oleh leviackermans1ut

Sasuke Uchiha and Mai Masaki used to be childhood friends. However, after the masscre of Sasuke's clan by the... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: dead memories
Chapter 2: first day
Chapter 3: fallen flowers
Chapter 4: new weapon
Chapter 5: thirteenth birthday
Chapter 6: party
Chapter 7: spy
Chapter 8: complications
Chapter 9: clouds
Chapter 10: stay away
Chapter 11: training
Chapter 12: haunting past
Chapter 13:exam day
Chapter 14:squads assemble
Chapter 15:first mission
Chapter 16:hotsprings
Chapter 18:stranded
Chapter 19: an understanding
Chapter 20:captured
Chapter 21:tortured
Chapter 22:late night walk
Chapter 23:curse mark
Chapter 24:panic
Chapter 25:waiting room
Chapter 26:forever
Chapter 27:trust
Chapter 28:comfortable
Chapter 29:departure
Chapter 30:failure
Chapter 31:winter
Chapter 32:back home
Chapter 33:anbu
Chapter 34:nothing
Chapter 35:mixed feelings
Chapter 36:overwhelmed
Chapter 37:crumbling
Chapter 38:impossible
Chapter 39:submissive
Chapter 40:changed
Chapter 41:stuck
Chapter 42:official
Chapter 43:brothers
Chapter 44:insanity
Chapter 45:the truth
Chapter 46:vengeance
Chapter 47:fervent
Chapter 48:im with you
Chapter 49:terrorist
Chapter 50:elimination
Chapter 51:you and I
Chapter 52:giving in
Chapter 53: inclination
Chapter 54:tension
Chapter 55:visitors
Chapter 56: accountability
Chapter 57: our sins
Chapter 58: end
a/n
Epilogue

Chapter 17:messiness

1.3K 55 3
Oleh leviackermans1ut

Mai's pov

The feeling of a warm breeze that hit my face woke me up, my golden honey eyes fluttering open slightly. The suns bright rays attacked my orbs, causing me to squint.

That's when realization hit me, and I noticed I was lying on the moist green grass that I found late last night. After finding that picture of Maiko and I.

Another ping of attainment washed over me, my scrambled morning brain remembering that Sasuke came out here last night. I cocked my head to see behind me; and there he was, lying down on the grass with his feet crossed and his arm resting over his eyes.

For whatever reason, a smile jerked my pink lips at the sight. When he was sleeping, he seemed so peaceful. I couldn't help but sink into nostalgia from when we were young, playing happily with our older siblings with no care in the world.

As another fresh summer breeze slapped my body, I too felt calm and collected. Sometimes, memories can be fulfilling. You just close your eyes and think about when life wasn't hard and depressing.

"You two slept out here?" Sakura questioned as she approached Sasuke and I.

Sasuke's head jerked up as he removed the arm from his face. Both hands pushed off the wet grass, sitting himself up.

"We didn't mean too." I defend, and it wasn't a whole lie. I didn't plan on staying the full night outside, but, my eyes just drifted off to sleep unknowingly.

Sakura's face became filled with blatant jealousy as her eyebrow twitched slightly. "Well, Kakashi Sensei asked me to find you guys, and he said to come inside for breakfast before we head to the mist." She sassily crossed her arms before storming back inside.

I rubbed my temple with my fingers and sighed deeply to myself. My eyes glanced at Sasuke who was just as bothered as me.

"Come on, let's go inside." He rasped, standing up. I followed his movements and nodded in agreement.

~

"What do you do for fun?" Kai asked me as he stuffed his mouth with red berries.

"I basically just train if I'm not out on missions. I started practicing with a sword, and I think I'm getting pretty good at it." I explained. Kai handed me two berries and I gladly took them from his hands.

"That's actually cool, are you teaching yourself?" Kai queried, wiping his berry juice stained hands on his black pants.

I shoved a berry in my mouth and nodded, "Yeah, I had no clue what I was doing. I did some research and started training with it everyday."

Kai smiled. "So, you're talented?"

"I wouldn't say that, I just try my best." I giggled.

Kai stayed silent for a moment before speaking again, "You should visit my village sometime. I could show you around and what there is to do."

"If there is ever a time I'm not swamped with missions, I'd be happy to visit."

We all stopped walking as we approached the hidden mist village's front entrance. I was a little upset that we already made it here, I was enjoying getting to know Kai.

"Thank you all for getting me home safely," Kai kindly grinned as he came up to me. "Don't forget to visit." His arms laced around me giving me a slight squeeze. I hugged him back, and my eyes glanced at Sasuke who has his arms crossed with a smug expression plastered on his face. What's he mad about now?

Kai released me, waving bye to my team before he made his way back into his village.

"Alright guys, it's time to head on back to the leaf village." Kakashi Sensei informed, grabbing his perverted book from his bag.

"Can we stay at the hot springs again, Kakashi Sensei?" I beamed, remembering how relaxing the hot water and steam felt against my skin.

His dark colored eyes went back and forth as he read the pages to his book. "Possibly." Kakashi plainly replied, earning a frown from me.

We all started to walk back to the leaf in silence. Naruto was walking with both hands behind his head, Sakura was starring at her feet, Kakashi was focused on his book, and Sasuke had both hands in his pockets.

"I could reallyyyy go for some ramen about now." Naruto chortled.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him. "You always want ramen."

"Because it's delicious," Naruto defended. "You don't think so?" He seemed offended, which made me chuckle.

"I do."

"That's the spirit! Hey, want to go to Ichiraku with me once we get back? Sakura and Sasuke could come too! And Kakashi Sensei!" The hyperactive blonde boasted, smiling with teeth.

"Sure, Naruto." My smooth voice responded.

"I'll only go if Sasuke goes!" Sakura blurted.

I looked at Sasuke waiting for his reply. "Whatever, fine."

"Okay, guys. We ran out of food and water. Listen up, Mai and Sasuke will fill up the water bottles, I will pick berries and Naruto will go with Sakura to find fruit." Sensei ordered.

Sakura looked pissed off to be put with Naruto, but he was the complete opposite, a big smile tugging at his lips.

I walked along Sasuke as we made our way through the woods in a loud silence. I didn't know how to speak to him, other than mission talk. Why am I even wanting to have a conversation with him?

Sasuke and I finally found a small lake. I threw my backpack down onto the dirt and walked over to the water, cupping some with my hands and splashing it on my face. The sweat that was building on my forehead washed off as my face felt cool.

I glanced at the Uchiha who was submerging the water bottle under the water to fill it up, when suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks, eyes bleeding red. Sharingan? What's going on?

"Mai, don't move." Sasuke sternly ordered, and I obliged while gulping.

"Come out, we know someone's here!" Sasuke assertively yelled out.

A tall man with silky pushed back dark hair and brown eyes revealed himself out from a nearby tree. He had on a black vest and green baggy pants.

"Finally, I've been tracking you for days." The man's raspy voice hissed.

Confusion took over me, but it was like my body was frozen and couldn't move. Everything around me was like slow motion. Fuck anxiety.

"Who have you been tracking?" Sasuke loudly questioned.

The man stepped forward and gave a nasty smirk; his deep brown eyes meeting mine. Panic started to possess me, this man was here for me.

"Mai Masaki, my boss is getting extremely agitated that he can't kidnap you." He said deviously, inching even closer to me.

Sasuke then sped over in front of me with a kunai pointed at the man. "You don't get to take her."

"Oh, is that so?" The man drew out a long sliver metal sword, the sun glistening off of it.

I gulped, still unable to physically move. Damn it, why am I freezing up? I need to do something, anything...

"If you want her, fight me!" Sasuke growled.

Move your hands.. that's it.. My shaky hands started to gain mobility again, ever so slightly. Move.. just for a hand sign... thankfully, my hands finally were able to form a hand sign.

I could get kicked out of Konoha for this, but I have to protect my comrade. Especially since this man wants me.

"Certain kill ice spears!" My scratchy voice screeched, icicle like spears forming around me, before shooting straight at the man. The spears plunged through every place on his body, thick pools of blood seeping through his vest as it dropped onto the soil around his now deceased body.

Sasuke shot his head back at me with wide eyes and a bewildered expression. I then was able to calm down my anxiety as I stood up.

Sasuke wrapped his arm around my body, letting my head rest against him. "That's the forbidden jutsu lord third was talking about."

"Yeah, please don't mention this to him. I just had to save.. I needed to do something." I pleaded.

Sasuke's eyes bled red once again before he quickly gathered our things, even my backpack. He grabbed my hand and started yanking me to follow him.

"What's wrong?" I queried.

"I sense more of them. We have to just run for now."

About after thirty minutes of running Sasuke's eyes turned back to normal. He let go of my hand, both of us heavily breathing.

"Great, now we're lost." Sasuke groused.

I crouched down onto the ground as I caught my breath. "We just have to wait for Kakashi Sensei."

"And hope no more ninja try to kidnap you."

~

Vote:)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

286 2 19
What if... Naruto and Sasuke had a childhood friend, Kakashi had someone else he could call family, Sakura had another friend besides Ino. This missi...
58.3K 2K 52
What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? How would you feel if you had it all famil...
20.6K 369 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...
168K 4.5K 23
Reborn in a world of Naruto as Itachi's twin. His old Life doesn't matter, now that he care so much for others, his village, and especially his broth...