𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 (𝙆...

By wishImMilkbread

‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She'... More

I-Meet the "family"
II-Say you love me
III-Tired
IV-Stay a little longer
V-Look at me that way
VI-Just one last time
VII-I wish you knew
VIII-Fridays
IX-Emails
X-A place you once called home
XI-A pleasant surprise
XII-To love again
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
Author's Note
XX
EPILOGUE
SOON
KENMA X READER IS OUT
1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

XIII

32.9K 1.2K 2.2K
By wishImMilkbread

Kuroo's eyes opened, irritated as the sunlight continued to shine on his face.

He looked at himself, realizing what had happened last night.

The dark haired guy rubbed his forehead as his headache continued to bug him.

He stretched hid arms over his head and groaned. He looked at S/n as he smiled to himself.

S/n's eyes began to open slowly, groaning as her head felt heavy due to a night of drinking alcohol.

The both of them had no idea as to how they ended up at such an unfamiliar room.

"Morning." Kuroo greeted as he lowered his head to kiss S/n's forehead.

"Hmm... morning." S/n responded with a smile forming on her lips.

"Are we at a hotel?" S/n asked while feeling the soft covers of the hotel bed with her delicate hands.

Kuroo nodded in response, the smile still visible on his face. His hair was messier than it usually is.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he stroked S/n's hair.

"Like death." S/n giggled softly as she buries her face onto the covers.

Kuroo laughed and pushed the blanket aside, getting up to grab the bottle of water the hotel provided.

He grabbed another to give to S/n, who was still groaning into the covers because of her headache.

She later got up and fixed herself. They didn't really have any stuff with them because they left it at Kuroo's car.

Kuroo's eyes wondered to the paper bag placed nearly on the counter.

He went closer to it as S/n followed behind him.

"What's that?" S/n asks curiously, raising her feet to see over Kuroo's shoulders.

"Dunno." Kuroo answered shortly.

The both of them opened it to see a brand new change of clothes for the both of them.

Y/n must have done it.

They both thought to themselves.

"Perfect." S/n said as she eyes the change of clothes her sister has provided.

"Wait." Kuroo stops her from walking away.

"Yes?" the girl asked him, a hint of curiosity in her eyes.

Kuroo reached his hand out to the bottom of the bag, grabbing a piece of paper.

It was a receipt of the clothes Y/n was too lazy to throw out. But there was also a note attached to it.

As well as a... questionable box...

"Didn't know you guys had a low tolerance, you should probably avoid drinking.

Bought you clothes so you could change in the morning, I didn't know where you guys live so I just checked you into a hotel.

And also... Stay safe (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

-Y/n"

They read at the same time and chuckled. Kuroo flipped the note and looked at the back.

"P.S. I meant the condoms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

The note read which turned the both of them extremely red, they both looked at the box awkwardly before turning away and hiding their red faces.

S/n was in a bit of shock considering her sister's sudden attitude change, well... not actually that sudden considering they haven't been in contact for the past four years.

She really loved Kuroo, she's been eyeing Kuroo ever since highschool, often relying on her other popular friends' connections.

When her friends talked about Kuroo, she would pretend like she wasn't very interested as she really is on the inside. So when she heard and found out that Kuroo had no girlfriend, or so she thought,

She tried to spend as much time with him as possible.

Often tagging along when Y/n and the boy she liked was hanging out, talking to him as often as possible.

So when college came, she was happy with how much time they got to spend all alone.

Though, if she knew Y/n was already in a relationship with the boy she loved, she would simply give him up.

Kuroo got out of the bathroom after changing his clothes, ordering breakfast from the hotel's menu.

The both of them took medicine to relieve the headache they've been experiencing all morning from a night of drinking.

S/n felt disappointed because her plan turned out exactly the opposite of what she wanted to happen, with her getting drunk instead of her sister.

She wanted to ask her a lot of questions, as to how she's really been, if she's well, and...

If she hates her.

...

Kenma groaned at the sound of his alarm clock, the headache caused by too much drinking from last night now hitting him.

He stood up immediately, looking for Y/n. He thought that she must've brought the rest of them home. He didn't remember much from last night.

It was currently eight in the morning and he still smelled like alcohol from last night's events.

He walked to his kitchen to see a bowl of soup prepared for him, he saw Y/n with her head slumped down on the counter as she was sleeping. Beside her is a finished cup of coffee.

She must've been tired from taking us home last night.

Her laptop was opened and it looked like she was talking to some of her lab partners, Kenma couldn't help but stare at the opened screen.

Kenma couldn't really understand what the messages said but his instincts told him to wake her up as for the fact that it seemed important.

"Y/n." he calls out her name but got no response.

"Y/n..." he repeats but the girl was still fast asleep.

The boy was reaching out to a strand of her hair when she slowly opened her eyes, causing Kenma to pull his hands back.

"Y-yes...?" Y/n stuttered as she begins to process what was happening.

"Ah. Sorry for the mess." she apologizes while she looks at the scattered papers and pens on Kenma's counter.

"It's not that." Kenma replied shortly.

Y/n stared at the paper she was previously working on before she fell asleep.

"Have you slept at all?" Kenma asked, waiting for a response from the tired looking girl.

"I was about to but..." she began to explain.

"I received this urgent email saying that one of our partners accidentally deleted an important file from our research so-" she continued as she explained sleepily.

"Please rest." Kenma realized the time difference between the two countries and understood why she had no sleep.

"I have t-" Y/n argued but Kenma was not having it. He couldn't pick her up so all he could do was drag her into the spare bedroom his unit had.

Y/n was too tired to fight his grip so she just leaned on him while he struggled to lift her up.

She laughed to herself, realizing that Kenma probably didn't have much physical strength due to the fact that all he does is game all the damn time.

Kenma sent a glare to her direction as a drop of sweat was visible on his forehead.

Finally reaching the bedroom's door, he threw her onto the bed and buried her in pillows and blankets.

"I'll order food once you wake up, I'm gonna do a stream later." Kenma informed her.

"Doesn't your head hurt?" Y/n managed to asked though her voice was muffle by the thick blankets and pillows surrounding her.

"It'll be fine." Kenma said as one corner of her lips twitched into a smile, but he quickly turned around and closed the door.

Y/n laid there in bed, thinking as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

With questions such as how will she tell S/n that she used to date her boyfriend.

Though she did feel mad that Kuroo cheated on her, she couldn't blame him.

No one could resist the thought leaving her once they've seen S/n's charm.

She did understand one thing.

And it's that her relationship with Kuroo weighed her down.

She felt disappointed on herself for almost giving up her dreams to be with him.

But it wasn't the only way he was weighing her down.

Because every step Y/n had taken after Kuroo had met her sister felt like a weight was crushing her heart.

And so Y/n laid in bed sleeping, unknowingly preparing for the chaotic chain of events that will happen within the next few days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 1.4K 34
*COVER CREDS: demigodextraordinare Akira Kuroo had been living on her own during her last year of university with only the support of her brother. Be...
204 35 16
I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 16! SO DON'T JUDGE THE SHITTY WRITING! Y/N moves from America to Japan due to her dad's job. She moves from one place to...
20.9K 550 6
❝ If only I know you'll taste this good I should've kissed you a long time ago. ❞ Catching feelings for your best friend, Kuroo, is probably the wors...
247K 5.8K 21
You and Kuroo were once in love... until one day, he forgot all about you. *This is a random fanfic written on a whim. I do not own the characters no...