Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 1001-1010

415 14 0
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 1001 "Miracle (4)"

A person who ignores her for the sake of the Celestial Realm.....

"Did you just say you were special?" She frowns, "Can you tell me why?"

It took a minute for that voice to return, but it did eventually after leaving Bai Yan standing there.

"I cannot tell you, it brought me great disaster when I became aware of that truth not long after my persecution. For your safety, you need to wait because it will only hinder your development with your strength." Pausing for a second, the voice seems to have thought of something else. "And I, this wisp of my soul, it's mission is to tell you something important. Do you have a little dragon around?"

Bai Yan widened her eyes in surprise: "Are you talking about Dragony?"

"Yes, you must keep her safe, she is the one who can protect you in the future. In addition, I am ashamed to say that I owe the four sacred beasts an apology in failing them. My hope is that you can find them again."

Musing for second before speaking: "Suzaku is still alive and well, and I've found Azure Dragon and White Tiger already. Now the only one missing is Black Turtle."

"Black Turtle?" The voice suddenly choked at the name, "I remember burying him in another place. If he's reincarnated, he's going to be there as well. I'm sorry, I can't remember where exactly, it's been so long."

No matter how powerful one was in life, a wisp of their soul was still just a wisp. Plus, it's been so long, the past was bound to leave this voice like everything in life.

Bai Yan looked up, wanting to trail the voice. However, the view has become obscured again by the mist at this point.

"You don't have to look, you can't see me, and I don't want you to see me either," said the voice with a tinge of cheer in there. "What's more, what is there to see? I am you after all...."

Bai Yan hung her head, contemplating the words she's heard so far and the illusionary dreams about that battlefield.

So that's my past life?

"I believe what you've said, but that's not what I'm here for. They say the three keys can open a miracle here, that's what I'm seeking. Only by being stronger can I fight my enemies."

The voice suddenly breaks out into a chuckling laugh, somehow portraying no emotion yet able to dazzle Bai Yan into a trance due to how beautiful it was.

"I did give the items that could open up this place to three different individuals back then. I just didn't expect them to pass it down as some sort of miracles...."

Bai Yan pricks her brow, Not miracles? Then those from the Spirit Realm really came for nothing last time. No matter, it's good that I got in here. At least I now know what I must do and the question about that battlefield is now resolved.

"But ..." the woman's voice pauses again, "what I left behind may be useless for others, but its indeed a miracle for you specifically."

Lighting up in her eyes: "What do I need to do?"

"You don't have to do anything. Let my soul merge with you and you will naturally break through into the Celestial Rank..." Compared to the heroic and majestic tone from earlier, the voice now grew softer and more caring.

Though the suggestion startled Bai Yan for a second, she didn't back down: "Alright, what do you need me to do during the fusion?"

"Don't resist my entry, relax and take in everything that is me. I will guide my soul and yours together, becoming one again...."

Chapter 1002 "Merging of the Soul (1)"

Bai Yan slowly closed her eyes as instructed, however, its exactly then a strange force rushed into her mind and dived straight into the soul. It's painful, like a sharp needle piercing through her skin, causing a shudder to run down her spine. Nevertheless, she endures and allowed the other side to enter with ease.

Due to the fact that their souls are consciously trying to merge, Bai Yan had the ability to detect everything that's happening from within. This meant that the female soul that entered her body was in all intent exposed to her probing.

She wore an average and plain looking dress, nothing special about that, but the eerie and spooky smirk that appeared on the woman's face sent the alarms in Bai Yan's mind blaring.

Boom!!

Without indication, an intense force blasted the main core that was her own soul, causing a mouthful of blood to come squirting out of the mouth.

"What are you trying to do?" she said, biting her lips in exasperation as those hands clenched into a fist.

"Kekeke~!!" the strange and eerie laugh rocked her mind, making Bai Yan's complexion to go white and losing all forms of color.

"Do you know how many years it has been since I was in here? Although I was part of your soul when I first split from you, but now my consciousness is my own and not a simple fragment of yours anymore! If it wasn't for the sealed powers of the four sacred beasts in here protecting you from me at the beginning, I would've reaped control of your body from the very start. But you are foolish, opening yourself up to me without a second thought!"

Quivering at the truth, Bai Yan's eyes instinctively looked up to the sky where the hazy contour of the four sacred beasts appeared. They're attacking the barrier that's blocking off herself from them, and they're very anxious and urgent to get to her....

"A wisp of soul can have their own personality?" Muttering this like she's speaking to herself, Bai Yan's temple furrowed into a knot at this new knowledge.

It's exactly as this fragmented soul said – it's what Bai Yan's previous self had left behind – but through the baptism of eons past, this thing has now developed its own personality and intends to wipe the original host away in order to take the body!

"You can't even begin to imagine the sort of things I had to go through. Day in and day out, waiting here in this place with no knowledge of I will ever get out because of you.... But you have come, and so willingly at that! I thank you for the opportunity, the other me. Don't worry though, I will love your husband and son like you did, after all, we are the same person in the end."

Originally Bai Yan was flustered and even panicked at the predicament she threw herself into, but once Di Cang's name was brought up and the image of that dashing masculine face popping up in her mind, any hesitation and uncertainty was resolved. She's determined, not only for her own life, but for her husband, and most importantly, her own boy... That naughty yet loveable son of hers, the one Bai Yan could never leave behind.

I NEED NO ONE ELSE TO LOVE THEM, I ALONE AM ENOUGH!!!!

"Don't get ahead of yourself!" Bursting open her eyes with fire in them, "I am the original. I refuse to believe a mere fragment of my own soul can outdo the original! You will be defeated by me and will submit to my will!"

Humph, I have never yielded in my life, not this one or the past. Even against the heavens, I have never feared, let alone a mere shard of my former self!

Thinking up to here, Bai Yan didn't wait and sat herself into a meditative pose, gathering all her focus on battling this invasive force.

Chapter 1003 "Merging of the Soul (2)"

Boom!

A powerful and raging force explodes out of Bai Yan's core, forcing the invasive soul to backpedal several steps.

"You're just a high level Saint Rank, how is that possible?" there's horror and disbelief in the female soul's eye.

Sneering, it was her turn to go on the offensive: "It may not be possible for others, but it's me.... and you're just a part of me in essence!"

"Damn it!" a flash of viciousness flared in the soul's eye.

Originally she only said all that in order to make Bai Yan loosen her guard, she didn't expect the effects to be counter effective and make her blow up.

No! I've waited for over a thousand years, I cannot give up on this chance! I don't want to be just a soul. I want to be a real person!

Determined as well, the soul fragment rushed towards Bai Yan's core again, her figure becoming sharp like a blade ready to tear into it.

However....

Forget about drawing close, she didn't even manage that before being blown away by the invisible force.

"Didn't I say it already? You're just a part of me, and now I'm going to take you back." Bai Yan coldly states this with full on malice in her words.

Then without further urging, her own soul began to spread like a plague, which directly eases the anxious looking ethereal beasts hovering outside the barrier.

"No!" The soul fragment shrieks, "Please let me go, I was wrong! I won't dare to go against you anymore, please don't melt me!"

Unfortunately for this overly confident existence, Bai Yan felt nothing at the plea; after all, it's like she's said before, they are one and the same in the end. So, without another word, her own soul completely tosses itself in with the attacker and becomes an entangled hot mess. And since the fusion of a soul doesn't happen in merely just a day or two, it would be a while before her consciousness fully return to normal.

......

Spirit Realm.

Inside a large palace, Liu Qing Yu (spy) was sitting quietly inside the garden pavilion when a girl hurried over to make a report.

"Miss, your father wants to see you."

"He's looking for me?" she cocks a brow in surprise, "Do you know why?"

"I do not know milady."

"Then you go first." The lady waves her hand, dismissing the maid with that gesture and began musing over the sudden summoning.

Ever since that day she submitted to Bai Yan at the Misty Fairy House, Liu Qing Yu's life hasn't been her own to decide. Therefore, as unwilling as she was to return to the Spirit Realm, this woman could only do as told. Fortunately the lies she spouted worked in front of her father's eye and didn't raise any form of doubt, otherwise she wouldn't know what to do then. But this summoning after two months of nothing, it worries her....

"Uncle Jun," caressing her chin, a flash a coldness flickered in the lady's eye. "Are you able to guess why that old thing is looking for me?"

Liu Qing Yu was undoubtedly a noble lady of the Spirit Realm, but due to her father's lack of care and even disdain for her existence, she's never been able to experience the kind treatment that came with her status. Heck, even her surname was that of her own mother and not her father's!

Chapter 1004 "Merging of the Soul (3)"

Jun Hou's response came right away: "I suspect the Spirit Lord is planning to make a big move."

Shuddering inside, Liu Qing Yu's posture grew tense: "Let's go, we need to go investigate the matter. I can only hope that the old thing doesn't go to the mainland, otherwise...."

With Bai Yan's current strength, she's no match for him.

At that thought, the lady immediately headed out for the assembly hall, her face pale and unease apparent.

Already inside the main hall, a fierce looking white-haired elder was already sitting atop of the throne chair, his gaze scanning inspectively at the gathered crowd beneath himself.

"Sit down if you're here!"

Stone hard and unreadable as usual in these types of meetings, Liu Qing Yu takes the seat furthest in the back with Uncle Jun standing right beside her like a protective umbrella.

"I'll begin now that you're all here," said He Fei Xiang (Spirit Lord) with his powerful and overbearing voice. "The seal has been lifted not long ago, that means we are no longer limited to this tiny place anymore. Prepare, all of you, we're going to be attacking the mainland!"

That sent Liu Qing Yu into a numbing chill. It's exactly as she suspected, they're attacking. Now the only question remains were the wording right there. They're clearing aiming for the three miracles, why say they're attacking the mainland as an excuse?

"Father, please allow your son I to handle this matter."

In the seat furthest to the front, a man stands up and makes this proposal. Despite the individual being young in appearance, quite handsome and dashing even with a face no more than thirty or forty years old, he's in fact over a century in age!

Nodding in agreement regarding his favorite son's suggestion, He Fei Xiang didn't have any objection. "Very well, you will be the leading figure in our attack at the main human world. Remember, no one is allowed to live once you are over there, slaughter them all!"

This order shocked the lady for the second time today. She's staring wide eye in horror. Sure, Liu Qing Yu too had attacked the mainland before, but she never told her men to slaughter the weak and innocent.

This old thing is going to kill everyone on the mainland? That's genocide!

"Father, isn't that too much?" Gritting her teeth, the lady forces herself to make a protest despite knowing the sort of discrimination against herself. "Isn't it enough to simply expel those living there when occupying the mainland, why must we let a river of blood flow?"

"Shut your mouth! Father does not need someone like you dictating what he does or doesn't!" He Lu the oldest son snaps, his voice sarcastic and mocking: "Besides, the inhabitants of those lands are nothing but insects in comparison to us, the denizens of the Spirit Realm. What right does mere pests have to share in the resources that should've rightfully belonged to us?"

Although the level of spiritual particulars in this small little realm were superior to the mainland, but it's still small in comparison! There's food, there's land, and there's many unexplored resources waiting to be exploited! How could He Lu endure the boring days that was the Spirit Realm?

Chapter 1005 "Merging of the Soul (4)"

"Father," she looks directly up to her own father with firm eyes, "there is a girl from the mainland, the wife of the demon king. If we massacre the lives in the human world, I fear it might provoke the Demon Realm in force."

He Fei Xiang had a frown on his old face then. It's not like he doesn't know about this intel. In fact, he knew more than he led on to the public. For example, regarding the incident where Di Cang exterminated the former Snake Clan because of that woman, he knows about it too. However, there's not only the three miracles that's attractive in this Spirit Lord's eye, there's also many other treasures awaiting him.

"I am firm on this matter, there's no need for further discussion. Liu Qing Yu, the matter is settled and will be handled by your brother He Lu."

Piercing her own palm with the nails, Liu Qing Yu gets up from her seat with a deep look: "Father, you will regret it one day for not listening to me today!" Without another word, she turns and left for the outside in a decisive manner.

"Father, this girl is too wild, are you just going to let her be? We must teach her a lesson!" He Lu grits his teeth.

Curving his lips into a smirk: "Teach her a lesson? Son, that can be left to a later date. The first and foremost is conquering the mainland. If you can complete that mission well, I will make you my heir."

"Yes, Father!" A flare of delight enveloped the man's eye. That's right Liu Qing Yu, I will be the heir one day, and you on the other hand can only be a insect under my feet!

"Alright, that will be all everyone, go back and carry out your businesses." Waving his hand, the Spirit Lord dismisses the group.

"Yes." Cupping their fists, they complied readily and dispersed.

...........

Originally He Lu was still ecstatic at his own future prospect, but that soon changed as soon as he's out the door. "What are you still doing here?" Huffing a grunt, he asks the woman in white.

"Are you really going to slaughter the humans living there?"

"Ho," he sneers. "Nothing but a group of insects, what do you care?"

"If you don't listen to me then don't blame me for your own destruction." Squinting her eyes in, Liu Qing Yu carried a coldness in there that it's piercing."

"Just because you are incapable of doing something doesn't mean I will be the same as you." He Lu crosses his arm around the chest, the posture taunting, "If you think you are so incredible then go seduce that Demon Realm's king. Maybe then Father will have a new opinion about a bastard child like you."

"You..." Flushing red, Liu Qing Yu was done at this point. Whisking her sleeve as she turned away, "Don't drag me down with you if you're so insistent on dying!"

Let's not mention the part about herself being Bai Yan's servant, even if there's not that layer of relationship, she still wouldn't dare go seduce Di Cang. Cruel, ruthless bloodthirsty, that's merely a couple of the words used to describe that man. Liu Qing Yu had no intent of becoming the second snake girl!

After walking out of the estate and out of sight, she immediately turned around to give an order. "Uncle Jun, go send someone to inform the Demon Realm regarding this matter.... Actually, forget what I said and go in person. It's already too late to send a messenger."

The Spirit Realm is bound to perish at this rate. I must carve a path out if I must survive in this chaotic era

Chapter 1006 "Merging of the Soul (5)"

Holy Land.

At the heart of this wondrous place, Lord Chu Ran was currently feeling quite uneasy as he stared at the bronze gate in front of himself.

"Elder Zheng Qi (frist), I keep getting this unsettling feeling recently that something bad is about to happen."

The first elder heaves a sigh in return: "Lord, you are overthinking this too much. The world right now is very peaceful so don't think too much of it."

"I hope so." Making a bittersweet smile, Lord Chu Ran wanted to believe that. However, the unease only grew like a dark gloomy cloud hovering over his heart.

Perhaps he's really jinxed it but its then an urgent looking guard of the Holy Land came running over, his face showed panic and unease when kneeling. "Milord, there is an old man by the name of Jun Huo seeing an audience with you."

Jun Huo?

It took a moment before the Holy Lord realized who this individual was and where he's heard the name. What's going on? Why is the spy Yan'er sent back to the Spirit Realm over here again? It can't be.... something bad is going to happen?

Making a dark and glum face: "Let him come in at once."

"Yes milord," the guard bowed and retreated in haste.

......

Back over on the other side, Jun Huo was currently pacing back and forth outside the main gate when he suddenly realized how devoid of human presence his surroundings were.

To think we have fallen to so low.... A bittersweet smile curls out of the senior's lip, making him all the more sad in appearance.

Despite not being favored back in the Spirit Realm, none would openly provoke go provoke his lady's territory knowing how strong Liu Qing Yu was. But now, a simple audience with the Holy Lord requires someone to inform the host first instead of bringing him right inside. That's a very different sort of greeting if it was in the past.

Of course, the discontent was still only discontent, this old senior would never dare show it on the surface. After all, this place was Bai Yan's territory. He be courting death to start anything here.

Minutes later, the gatekeeper returns with a tone that's more respectful than their initial meeting: "Senior Jun, please head on inside, the Lord is already waiting inside."

......

Along the way, there were countless disciples constantly peering over, their eyes extremely curious as to who this old grandpa was. Nevertheless, Jun Huo never met their gazes, only following closely behind the gatekeeper so that he would hurry up in the feet.

Minutes later after many twists and turns through the forest and gravel pathways, they have arrived at the central island housing Bai Yan's bamboo cottage.

"I remember Bai Yan had you go back to the Spirit Realm to act as a spy for her, why did you return so soon? Is there something you need to say by seeking me out?" Lord Chu Ran makes a frown that couldn't be missed.

Hurrying over with his hand cusp into a respective manner: "Holy Lord, I came at the behest of my lady to pass on a critical message."

"What message?" A wave of unease shook Chu Ran's heart. His worst fears are starting to come true, he could feel it.

"It's those people from the Spirit Realm.... They want to attack the mainland, and this time they don't intend to leave anyone alive, not even the civilians!"

Boom!

Chapter 1007 "Breaking into the Celestial Rank (1)"

This world may be dictated by the old ancient rule of survival of the fittest, but no one in the upper echelons would ever issue such a callous order. There's not much other reason, simply because millions of lives are what they call weak. Murdering and slaughtering the main populous? That's absolutely crazy! Only a madman would try that.

"This order was issued by the Spirit Lord and will be carried out by his eldest son He Lu. I speculate there will likely be some Celestial Ranked masters coming with him, so.... you need to prepare."

Celestial Ranked?

Chu Ran shuddered at the thought, his face extremely ugly.

Even if the Spirit Realm sent a Saint Rank over, their three powers would still have trouble repelling the enemy, let alone masters one rank higher than that!

"Senior Jun, thank you for your message!"

Even in the face of such news, Lord Chu Ran didn't let himself fall into disarray. Slowly loosening his fist: "I will let Bai Yan know about what you've done for us and nothing less."

Only then did the senior release the breath that he didn't know he was holding in. For Jun Huo, the Holy Lord's promise was the most important and the main purpose for him coming in person.

"There's no need to worry so much Holy Lord, I have already sent someone to go inform the Demon Realm and its king. I'm sure reinforcement are coming and that they only need some time to prepare...." Making a flattering smile so that he looks sincere: "I'll take my leave first since it's getting late. Please begin making preparations during this period." Arching his fist, Senior Jun didn't look back and walked out of the Holy Land.

Once the sight of the guest was gone, Lord Chu Ran didn't wait and narrowed his eyes in: "Zheng Qi, go inform Bai Chang Feng and Chief Wu Wei to come here. Let them know we must discuss the matter as soon as they can make it."

As much trust he has for Bai Yan, they could never entrust the survival of everyone in this realm to another outside force. At the very least, they must organize a resistance and backup plan less they fail in the end. Important seeds must be kept safe and planted for the future.

"Yes Lord," the first elder nods, showing the concern on his old face.

Perhaps this time will be the greatest our Holy Land has ever come across since its inception....

......

The Medicine Sect wasn't far from the Holy Land in terms of distances, rather it was the Misty Fairy House that required some traveling. Even so, it only took two days before both leaders arrived at the Holy Land after being informed of the situation.

"They are too much!" Bai Chang Feng of the Medicine Sect slams the table with his fist, causing the structure to shatter into two halves. "Those blasted people from the Spirit Realm! It's enough that they tried to claim the miracle in our hands, they also want to massacre the human world? We can't do nothing!"

Chief Wu Wei was more levelheaded when he spoke: "Did you not hear Lord Chu Ran's word just now? They say there's going to be Celestial Rank masters coming with the invasion. Do you think with our strength of a Saint Rank can resist those people?" That remark instantly sniffed the life out of the old grandpa because it's a fact, the truth.

"Let's not argue on this matter," Lord Chu Ran also had a worried face when he decides to join in their discussion. "I've thought of this already. We do not need to defeat those that's coming; instead, we should focus on stalling them until the reinforcements from the Demon Realm arrives to help us. That should be enough to secure our victory."

Chapter 1008 "Breaking into the Celestial Rank (2)"

"What solution do you have in mind Lord Chu Ran?" After stabilizing his mood, Bai Chang Feng asks with a deep concern in his old voice.

"Gather your elite disciples and remaining elders here. We will transfer them to the Holy Island."

"Why?" asked the old grandpa with a perplexed look.

"It's because one of my forefathers left behind a protective barrier around this island here. It's able to resist the attacks of a Celestial Rank for several days. That should be enough time for the reinforcements to arrive...."

Regarding the barrier around this Holy Island, not even Chu Yi Yi (daughter) was aware of it, that's how much emphasis the Holy Lord had for Bai Yan when he gave her this place.

"But what about the others?" Bai Chang Feng laments a sigh, knowing full well what it meant for the less important members.

Gritting his teeth, one could literally hear the hardness in Lord Chu Ran's voice: "I cannot watch over that many people so retaining our main fighting force is the upmost importance. Only by having the seeds protected will we be able to confront those from the Spirit Realm in the future..." Settling down to get his act together, "They will have to hide at the heart of the Abyss (forest) with those demonic beasts."

Bai Chang Feng and Chief Wu Wei both got it now. The man was gambling, gambling that the Spirit Realm wouldn't dare to openly attack the members of the Demon Realm. Sure, demonic beasts aren't capable of taking on human form yet, likely never will in their lifetime here in the human world, but they are still considered part of the Demon Realm. If they're slaughtered as well, it's bound to start a large-scale war for the transgression.

"I have noticed it through that Liu Qing Yu's attitude from before, they're extremely cautious of the Demon Realm. I've confirmed this fact from the old texts in my treasury. Demons haven't always been so weak here in the mainland, in fact, they were feared and often avoided due to the protection provided by the Demon Realm thousands of years ago. The situation only changed after the various realms were sealed. So, I'm betting, betting on those people not daring to enact the same carnage they wish to carry out on us to those living in the Abyss." Chu Ran carefully explains his reasoning, believing its logical and a good choice considering the circumstances they have to work with.

"Very well, we will do as you say," muttered the Medicine lord. "However, I will need to trouble you to bring my disciples over from the Medicine Sect. I still have other things I must do."

"What's the matter?"

"I'm going to pick up the Lan House!" Making a faint smile, the Medicine Lord didn't bother to hide his wish: "They are the only ones who didn't abandon Yan'er during her time of need, for that, I must keep them safe for her sake. I cannot allow my granddaughter to lose another family member. I know this will take up more room on the island, that's why I'm willing to subtract a couple of spots from my side to accommodate that family."

Chu Ran actually gawked his mouth in surprise before issuing a long sigh with his head shaking.

Taking that as his way of not agreeing, Chief Wu Wei immediately grew hurried like his counterpart: "If not, we can subtract some spots from my Misty Fairy House. The Lan family must be able to hide inside the Holy Island!"

Making a bittersweet smile of his own, Lord Chu Ran decides to stop teasing the two: "Let's stop arguing, I never said I won't agree, I'm just lamenting how lucky the Lan family is. If they didn't have such a wonderful granddaughter, they might not make it through this peril...." Though the face showed a willingness to help, but the eyes were that of worry, "If we work fast starting from today, I'm sure we will be able to accommodate over three thousand people on this island. As for the Lan family, they're only a few of them, they can't take up much room."

The promise elevated the tenseness in the two grandfather's posture and even changed Bai Chang Feng's former opinion of the Holy Lord.

"But..." Chu Ran continues, "in order to keep Bai Yan from being disturbed, I will still keep the surrounding area around the gate off limits to the disciples and elders."

Chapter 1009 "Breaking into the Celestial Rank (3)"

Releasing a long breath that was in him, Bai Chang Feng knew there's no better arrangement: "That's fine, I will go bring the Lan family over now...."

According to his calculations, that household should only have around nine members in total if he included the aunts, uncles and kids. However, there's also that old dowager of the Liu Huo Kingdom, she's also highly favored by his granddaughter, that's why he's also going to bring that woman here as well. In total, that makes ten spots.

......

Right now, the calamity that's about to befall the mainland was still unknown to most of the populous. In fact, it's calm like a serene puddle where there's no ripples on the surface.

"Is what you say true?" Old Lord Lan spurts this after hearing it face first from the Medicine Lord.

Bai Chang Feng didn't want to beat around the bush so he firmly nodded in confirmation. "I would never use the vast number of lives in this land as a joke. Chief Lan, do come with me to the Holy Land where its safe. I'm sure Yan'er would be very sad if anything happens to you."

A response didn't come right away from the old grandpa who's known to have a bad temper. Instead, he gazed down at the floor as if contemplating something before looking back up with a helpless smile. "I've seen many things over the years, whatever turbulent wave and wind, I've experienced it all. Take my wife and children away, I'm staying behind."

"Chief Lan?" Bai Chang Feng frowns, not approving the decision in the least." What do you mean?"

Showing a bittersweet smile: "Look around my home, it's not just my family who lives here, there are those who've followed me through thick and thin. When my household was at its lowest, they never once thought of abandoning us. Now in front of such great danger, I cannot leave and ignore their lives. I owe it to them for that loyalty."

At this moment the Medicine Lord felt like a rock just got chugged down into his throat, suffocating him from shame. How could he not turn red after hearing such proud words? He's the leader of one of the great powers, and what does he do? Leave behind most of the disciples while keeping only the main ones at a safe place. Regardless of the reasoning, it doesn't change the fact that he's abandoning them.

Suddenly, the door got pushed open and in came an old lady using a crutch. Behind her were Lan Yu (son) and the rest of the family members, they're afraid the grandmother would suffer some sort of accident from exploding in rage.

"Old man, what are you planning by driving us away? Don't think you can stay behind on your own!" The old madam of this household has always been elegant and gentle by nature, for her show such anger was beyond fathom in the eyes of these children. It didn't help either when she kept smacking the floor board with that clutch and looked like she might tip over from the loss of balance.

"Wife!" Old Lord Lan sounded hoarse and troubled in his voice, "You and the children need to leave with Lord Bai, don't worry about me. Did you not hear what he said? Me and the rest of the household will head into the Abyss for refuge."

The old madam huffs a grunt: "Of course I heard what he said, but what makes you so certain those enemies wouldn't attack the Abyss? I don't care, wherever you go, I go!"

That statement has left the old stubborn grandfather in a bind. He wants his wife and children to be safe, but he also couldn't abandon the rest of the household to their own fate. Loyalty versus love for his family, the struggle here felt like its tearing the poor man apart.

"Please listen to me first Chief Lan," said the increasingly concerned Medicine Lord. Making a cough, "I and the demon beasts living inside the Abyss forest are on somewhat familiar terms. Since you are so adamant about keeping your followers' safety, I will personally make a request to them, asking the locals to offer shelter to your men and women. They will be safe, that you don't need to fret."

"There's no lie?" Old Lord Lan still sounded skeptical.

Flashing with light in his eyes at the flicker of hope to change this stubborn old guy's mind, Bai Chang Feng doubles down on the offer: "If you are willing to come with me to the Holy Island then I will keep that promise of course. If you are not willing.... Well, I'm sorry but I will have to take some drastic measures, don't blame me afterwards."

His argument sounded great and all, heck, it's very tempting even for the average gentlemen. Sadly, there are risks involved regardless of how much sugar he added to those words. What if the Spirit Realm invaders decide to ignore the Holy Land and go slaughter the demon beasts in the Abyss for some unknown reason? So, even if he has to drag this stubborn old man along, Bai Chang Feng would do it regardless of the individual's wish or will.

Chapter 1010 "Breaking into the Celestial Rank (4)"

"Chief Lan, I know Yan'er doesn't want to see you in danger. If the threat can't convince you then I might as well directly knock you out to leave." Slowly rising from his seat, Bai Chang Feng's voice carried a faint hint of threat, showing how serious he was about the matter.

Old Lord Lan was completely taken aback by this picture. Twitching in the corner of his mouth, the stubborn old grandfather didn't expect this famed Medicine Lord to be so despicably shameless.

"I have also heard that your eldest grandson is currently trying to woo the current queen of the Feng Qi Kingdom is he not? Although that lassie isn't one of the core disciples of the Holy Land, but with my influence, I can also get a spot on the Holy Island for her. What do you say Chief Lan? That's a good offer on my part isn't it?" All smiles there, Bai Chang Feng whipped out the carrot and the stick, leaving nothing untouched in this discussion.

Almost crying in his old face, Old Lord Lan felt like a helpless kid right now in front of his own family and relatives. Making a bittersweet smile in the end with obvious worry for the rest of his followers still: "You're already going that far, what else can I say when its either me being knocked unconscious or come willingly?"

"Chief Lan, let's do this. Go speak with your people and have them all wear the exact same uniform. This way the demon beasts living in the Abyss can recognize who they are and keep a close eye on their safety."

The Abyss forest is treacherously dangerous to begin with. If anything, those from the Lan family can flee with the demon beasts when the going gets tough. They should have enough room to hide in that vast stretch of land.

"Then I will have to bother Lord Bai to arrange this," said the stubborn old grandfather.

Old Madam Lan and the rest of the family were very much relieved by the stubborn man's compliance. They honestly thought he would get stupid again and refuse to leave with them....

With the main goal completed, Bai Chang Feng figured its time he told the rest of the world about the impending danger and how they should head to the Abyss as well for safety.

The ones whom believed the news didn't hesitate and promptly packed up their luggage at the first sunrise. The quickest to move would of course be the Flower Brothel and the alchemists that Bai Yan helped produce. Hualuo has always been faithful to her mistress. By leading over a thousand members under her, she led the first batch into the vast forest that made up the Abyss.

As for the second wave of refugees, it had to be the Demon Beast Sect that submitted to the little steambun awhile back. They are firmly in belief that the boy was their savior, and what other convincing did they need when their prized dragon was now acting all tamed thanks to the boy's arrival?

Unfortunately, more were of the opinion that Bai Chang Feng has lost his mind due to being old and senile. It couldn't be helped. The homes, the territories, the wealth, these were all precious to the commoners and lower factions out there. Telling them to abandon everything that was their foundation merely based on a single man's words were ludicrous.

......

Inside the bronze gate.

Sitting crossed leg on the ground, Bai Yan had an air of white constantly surrounding her body that's exuding a faint blue glow.

Boom!

Suddenly, a streak of heavy thunder rocked the whiteness in the sky before landing directly onto the woman's body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 59.3K 95
!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman that escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her life working hard in a cafe, if she wasn't...
1.9M 97.1K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
905K 54.4K 56
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...
282K 14.1K 43
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...