Simply Soulmates, a Daminette...

By Thesmollestbear

There are many different soulmate connections. Some are more rare than others. Most people only have 1 form o... More

Chapter 1: A New Guardian Rises
Chapter 2: Airport Mishaps
Chapter 3: an opportunity comes a knocking
Chapter 4: Welcome to Wayne Manor
Chapter 5: Arguments and sketches
Chapter 6: Crime Alley
Drunken nights, Part:1
Drunken Nights, Part:2
Chapter 9: A Rude Awakening
Chapter 10: Meeting gone wrong. Or right?
Chapter 11: You're Stuck in my mind
Chapter 12: Concussions and cats
Chapter 13: When one door breaks, scream at Damian
Chapter 14: Marinette kicks ass in UMS
Chapter 15: Arguments and exhaustion
Chapter 16: The Asshole resurfaces
Chapter 17: Damian kinda being a brat, but rightfully justified
Chapter 18: Damian doesn't think before he speaks
The meeting. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN
Marinette meets Jon
The photo, Part:1
The Photo, Part:2
Chapter 22: Feelings, the curse, and Dick showing off his-
Chapter 23: We got Chemistry Baby ;D
Chapter 25: The Thing in the kitchen
Chapter 26: Long Drive
Chapter 27: Clearing the air, part 1:
Chapter 28: Clearing the air, Part: 2/3
Clearing the air part 3/3
Life dangling by the fingertips, part 1
Life dangling by the fingertips, Part 2
Chapter 32: Lost
Chapter 33: Time Flip
What did I do to deserve you?

Chapter 24: Tree Head

2.9K 140 6
By Thesmollestbear

Marinette slammed her head on her desk. She felt like she hadn't slept in ages. Damian wasn't in this class, so she felt bored as ever. A girl with red hair sashayed up to her desk, and slammed her hands on the desk in front of the bluenette.

"It's Marinette, right?" she rose her head, and propped it up on her hand. The redhead had a look in her eyes. One Marinette knew too well.

"Who's asking?" she asked coldly. The girl's eyes narrowed.

"Wilma. Wilma Grates." Marinette rose a brow.

"What is it that you want. I have a very long day, and many things to take care of." The girl gave her a sweet-sick smile.

"I just wanted to tell you something." she leaned close to Marinette's ear. "If you don't stay away from Damian, you will regret it. I have friends in very high places. Don't cross me." Marinette scoffed.

"I won't be crossing you anymore than your eyes are tree-head." the girl leaned back and wrinkled her nose.

"Tree-head?" Marinette amusedly smiled and motioned to the girl's hair. It was a huge mess.

"Ugh!" the girl cried, "what the hell!" she screeched, and ran to the bathroom. Marinette snickered. Tikki popped out of her sleeve.

"Marinette," she warned, "You mustn't use the Miraculi for bad purposes!" the kwami scolded, quietly.

"But Tikki!" Marinette protested, "She threatened me! Also, I did her a favor! I could have drenched her hair instead!" Marinette pocketed the dragon miraculous. Tikki sighed and slipped back up her sleeve. Marinette felt her arm tingle. She rolled up her sleeve.

'did you ever meet a girl named Wilma Grates?' Marinette knit her brows.

'depends. Why?' she wrote, curiously.

'because I just heard her curse about you to five girls in the ladies room.' Marinette paled.

'Nope, not me. Must've been another Marinette.' she tucked her pen into her bag. The writing returned.

'I never said it was you. You just confirmed it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. What happened?' She slammed her head on the desk, rolled down her sleeve and ignored the tingling of repeated messages alerting her on her arm. She felt a sharp pinch on her neck.

"Ow!" the teacher turned from her lecture, glaring.

"Marinette is there something you wish to tell the class?" Cheeks turned red, she rose her head.

"No ma'am. Sorry for interrupting." She turned around and Marinette ripped the pen from her backpack.

'What the hell Damian? I just got yelled at!' she could imagine him snickering.

'it's not my fault you ignored me. What happened?' Marinette ignored him again. She hissed as her neck was pinched again.

'Damian. You can wait ten minutes for this class period to end.' she threw the pen back in her bag. Before she knew it, the bell rang. She grumbled and dragged herself out of her chair.

"Marinette." the teacher stated. "I understand that you are new here, but I expect you to pay attention more in class. Otherwise, you'll have to face serious consequences." Marinette held back an eyeroll and gave the teacher the same voice she used with Madame Bustier.

"Of course Madam. I apologize for any concern." The teacher smiled and nodded and Marinette had to run to her next class in order to not be late. She slammed the door open just in time for the bell to ring. Damian smirked at her. Jon snickered.

"Oi, shut it you two." she snapped, the two boys snickered. The teacher gave her an amused smile.

"Nice of you to finally join us." Marinette flushed.

"Sorry sir, I had to talk to my teacher at the end of last class." the man smiled. Marinette shuffled over to her seat, passing the familiar redhead who, both she and her group of friends, glared at Marinette as she walked by. She paid the group no attention and dropped into her chair. Jon rose a brow as he watched her go limp into Damian's side.

"Rough day Mari?" she nodded and pulled Damian's arm around her shoulders, glaring back at Wilma and her friends. Damian sighed.

"What happened? How did you manage to piss off Gates? After just two classes?" Marinette shrugged and snapped her glance at him.

"She likes you and she threatened me to stay away from you. Like that's gonna happen." Damian knit his brows.

"She threatened you? Marinette, you have to-" she put her hand on his mouth.

"Shhhh. It's naptime." Jon snickered.

"It's study hall blueberry." Marinette threw a pencil at him.

"No. Naptime." Damian chuckled and plucked her hand off. He smirked.

"beloved, for how much I know you want to sleep, Gates is staring at you. I stand corrected, she's glaring at you." He shot a bat-glare at her and she flushed and turned back around in her seat. Marinette tilted her head.

"No she's not, she's looking up front." Jon laughed again while Damian glared at him.

"Shut up Kent."

"That's not nice Dami." Marinette pouted at him. Jon shot her an air fist pump and Damian sighed, and looked away from her.

"Again, stop pouting. You look like a child."

"Says the one with the baby face." Marinette muttered quietly. Jon laughed loudly. "How did you hear me? I'm across the table!" Damian facepalmed.

"Umm, I uhh-" Damian cut him off.

"He has good hearing Mari. Speaking of, Kent, we have a project to work on. After school." Jon lost the grin and his face fell to calm.

"Yeah, I guess we can meet up at the base." Marinette knit her eyebrows and Damian answered before she could ask.

"Officespace Father gave us." she nodded.

"So when can I meet your team?" he scowled.

"I said 'no you can't meet my team' for a reason." she crossed her arms.

"I just wanna meet your friends Damian. Assuming you have any." Jon snorted water out his nose, and Damian's jaw dropped.

"You- you've been spending WAY too much time with Todd!" he accused. She shrugged with a sly smile

"If that's what you want to call it, feel free to, I'm just saying." Damian sputtered, while Jon was still choking.

"I- I have friends!" he protested. Marinette rose a brow.

"Besides Jon and I?" Damian glared.

"Yes."

"Prove it," she sat up, "let me meet your team." Damian glared at her, but she did not budge. His eyes narrowed.

"Fine. But I don't promise they won't annoy the crap out of you." She gave him a bright smile.

"Shake on it Damian." he took a long, deep breath, and shook her hand. A jolt ran up her arm as he pulled her close, nose to nose.

"Again I repeat. I don't promise a thing. If they start shit, I won't be there to help you." she smirked.

"Oh please chérie, I can handle anything you throw at me." she kissed him on the cheek and pulled out her sketchbook. Jon raised a brow, but Damian raised a hand. He pulled out his phone and shot a text to his team.

'Hello teammates. There is someone who would like to meet you all. Her name is Marinette Dupain Cheng. She has been pestering me-'

"Damian, stop saying I was pestering you." she muttered, without looking up from her book. Damian huffed.

'She is very excited to meet you all, yet I still have no idea why-' she glared at him, without looking at the text.

"How the hell do you know?" she motioned to her face.

"You tend to tell a lot of whatever you say or do up here. No matter how much training you do, I can still see the slight movement of your left eye." Damian rolled his eyes and finished the text.

'she just wants to meet you for some reason and I finally agreed. Please, for the love of god, don't screw this up. I'm looking at you Star, Gar, please.'

Gar: 'Damian saying please? Wow. What has she done to you?'

Star: 'Oh hush Garfield. I can't wait to meet her! Is she human?'

Bird Girl: 'Marinette Dupain Cheng you say? I feel like I've heard that name before....'

Bug Boy: 'You think you know everyone Ray. Who changed my name? Garfield? DUDE!' Damian chuckled and pocketed his phone while it blew up. Jon pouted from across the table.

"I still don't get why I can't join the team. I'm a teenager now. Damian froze.

"I just realized that as well Kent. I'll have to speak with Father, but we'll see."

"Oh please," Jon spat, "I'm practically already on the team and you know it. You just like annoying me!" Damian shrugged.

"I can neither confirm, nor deny that."

"Damian!" Marinette hit him hard on the shoulder. Jon snickered.

"Thank you Mari. How rude Damian."

"KENT!" he roared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 4.1K 57
Filled with a bunch of people shipped with Marinette! Lukanette, Adrinette, Daminette, etc.
7K 284 19
(Version Unspecified) Bruce Wayne/Batman x OFC Soulmates Au | Soulmates are rare. And rarer still do they find one another. Will duty or destiny prev...
32.9K 879 22
This is a soulmate AU where you have to find your soulmate before you turn eighteen. If you fail to do so, well you die. Marinette Du-pain Cheng is n...
2.5M 81.6K 17
{THE STORY GOES FROM 1 TO 10 IN FIVE SECONDS. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YA} "Hey Marinette? Who's your soulmate?" "Chat Noir." A world where, you get a...