Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11

5.7K 97 20
By Licutie269

"Coral, for god sake will you hurry up," John B yelled down the hallway. Rolling her eyes, Coral applied her lipstick before smoothing down the dress she'd spent way too much money on. Glancing at herself in her mirror she smiled at what she saw.

She and Kie had found the perfect blue dress she was sure would make JJ drool. Grabbing her cell phone and ID she headed out to the living room where John B and JJ were waiting for her.

Taking a deep breath she walked into the living room to only find JJ and smiled pleasantly when he choked on his drink. "So what do you think?" she asked, holding her hands up as she twirled for him. "I think I'm gonna have the hottest chick there," he replied, looking her up and down.

Smiling widely Coral crossed the room to him, "You're looking pretty handsome yourself," she told him, adjusting his tie. "Thanks your uncle helped tie this thing. Never would've figured it out myself," he admitted. "Thank you for agreeing to do this," she said, caressing his cheek.

"Nope, none of that," John B declared walking in from the kitchen with a beer bottle, "Everybody's just friends here."

"Shut the hell up JB," Coral retorted, "Can you hold these for me?" Coral asked JJ, holding up her phone and ID, "Pockets aren't really a thing with this outfit," she laughed, winking at the boy.

"Well now. Look at you two," Teddy smiled coming in from the kitchen. Smiling Coral grabbed her phone from the pocket JJ just shoved it into, "Uncle Teddy, take a picture of us," she requested, holding out her phone.

After taking two photos of the couple Teddy handed her phone back to her, "Alright so my flight leaves early tomorrow so I'll be leaving for the mainland tonight so I can be at the airport early," he reminded the twins, "I'll try and call in at least once a week. I just met with Cheryl, at DCS, the other week so she shouldn't come sniffing around.

Nodding Coralina hugged her uncle, "Be safe," she told him, stepping back so John B could hug him too. "I will. I'll see you two in September. Have fun tonight," he told them.

"Alright, we've gotta go pick up Dahlia and then meet Kie and Pope at The Wreck for dinner before the dance," John B told them, glancing at his cell phone for the time. Hooking her arm through JJ's Coral narrowed her eyes at her brother daring him to say something as they walked out to the van together.

It wasn't long before John B pulled the van up to Dahlia's house, "This may take a few minutes. Her parents may want pictures," he told the two in the back before hopping out of the van.

"Now that he's gone," JJ muttered against her neck as his hand found the slit of her dress. "JJ," Coralina exclaimed, giggling as she swatted his hand away, "Plenty of time for that later."

"You look so fucking hot I don't know if I can wait," he told her kissing across her collarbone. Moaning it took everything in her to pull away from him, "Patience will be rewarded," she told him, pecking him on the lips.

"You think we could try that position you were texting me about the other night?" JJ asked, raising his eyebrows at her. Laughing Coralina nodded, "Oh for sure," she answered.

Glancing out the window she could see John B occupied with his date taking pictures, "So how do you want to do this tonight? With telling John B?" she questioned.

"I mean I told him a few weeks ago that I like you and you told him you like me so he's fully aware of that," JJ replied. "Yeah I know and ever since then he's made it his mission to not leave us alone," she reminded him, "I was thinking we could just act kind of semi-normal. Like this is a date and we act like this is a date," she suggested.

"How do we act semi-normal?" JJ questioned, confused. "Well we can't act normal," she told him, "Normal is you like sucking on my neck all night long. Let's not give him too much PDA at first," she joked.

Nodding JJ repeated semi-normal, "Okay I can do semi-normal," he decided, "As long as at the end of the night we're out in the open and I'm free to PDA you whenever I want," he said, laughing.

"Well we may be out in the open by the end of the night, but just make sure you duck when John B swings at you," she warned. "Duly noted," he muttered.

"Wow look at this hottie coming," Kie wolf whistled as Coralina and JJ walked into The Wreck ahead of John B and Dahlia. Laughing Coralina kissed Kie on the cheek, "You look beautiful," she gushed, "Pope you look handsome," she complimented the boy, kissing him on the cheek, too.

"My oh my, JJ Maybank in a suit and tie," Kie teased, hugging him and John B. "Yeah yeah, the world will probably end, I know," JJ told her, before telling her she looked pretty.

"Kie, do you remember Dahlia?" John B questioned, wrapping his arm around his date's shoulder. "Oh, yeah. Of course. It's nice to see you again. That dress is awesome," Kie mentioned.

"Oh thank you," Dahlia replied, "Yours is really pretty too." Smiling Kie motioned towards the back of the restaurant, "I saved one of the back tables for us," she told the group, leading them through her family's restaurant.

After ordering their food Anna and Mike came to the table and the six teens had to stand through the obligatory picture taking. "Anna, can I get copies of those?" Coralina asked. "Of course, Honey, you two look adorable together," she said, looking between Coralina and JJ.

Smiling Coralina glanced up at JJ, "Yeah, I think I'll keep him," she laughed as he kissed her temple. "Oh my, I've never seen you wear this bracelet before," Anna said, taking Coral's wrist to look at her charm bracelet, "Mike bought me a charm bracelet, I think we were seniors in high school, I loved that thing."

"JJ got it for me for Christmas," Coral told her proudly, "I don't wear it while I'm working just in case something happens to it." "Well it's very pretty. You've got good taste, JJ," Anna told the boy. Smiling JJ glanced at Coral, "Yeah, I know," he replied, winking at Coral.

"Hey, Coral why don't you come take a picture with me," John B called from the other end of the table. Sighing, Coral glanced up at JJ, "End of the night," she muttered. "End of the night," he grumbled back as she slipped out from the arm he had around her waist and walked to her brother.

Once Anna had taken a few pictures of the twins John B pulled Mike into conversation effectively keeping Coral beside him with his arm wrapped around her shoulders. She knew he was doing it on purpose to prevent her from going back over to JJ at the other end of the table.

"Oh, looks like your food's here," Anna commented, seeing two waitresses coming with trays. Everyone went to retake their seats when John B tugged on Coral's arm, "Why don't you sit down here with me?" he questioned.

"She can't," Kie spoke up, "She has to sit where she was when she ordered so the waitress doesn't get confused with the orders and splitting up the check," Kie lied, smiling innocently at John B.

Covering her laugh with a cough Coralina patted her brother's arm, "Thanks for the invite though JB. Enjoy your dinner," she told him and Dahlia before heading back to her end of the table, winking at Kie as she passed her.

Sliding in next to JJ, who sat at the opposite end of the rectangular table from her brother she smiled, "That was a nice assist from Kie," he whispered. Biting her lip Coral scrunched her nose up, "Yeah, I forgot to mention I told her when we were dress shopping," she whispered back.

"Well she must be okay with it. She didn't try and castrate me," he muttered causing Coralina to laugh. "What's so funny down there?" John B questioned.

"Oh JJ was just reminding me we can't dance like we're at a kegger tonight since we'll be chaperoned by the teachers," Coral lied smoothly.

Once dinner was done the group piled into John B's van and headed for the dance. After helping Coral out of the back of the van JJ didn't let go of her hand, earning a glare from her brother.

When they stepped inside the building they joined the line of students waiting to get their pictures taken before heading into the actual dance. With some help from Kie and Pope Coral was able to keep them in between separating her and JJ from John B.

Once John B and Dahlia were distracted getting their pictures done JJ had started whispering all the things he wanted to do to her in her ear causing a severe blush across her face.

"Will you knock it off," she hissed, laughing as she swatted him away.

"You know when Coral first told me I was a bit unsure about it but seeing you two together it's so obvious," Kie commented, glancing behind her at the couple.

"They're completely gross," Pope added before tugging Kie out to the photographer as it was their turn for pictures.

"Hey, I couldn't help but overhear. Are you two like a thing?" asked a voice from behind JJ and Coral. Turning Coral found herself face to face with Trina Scott, the biggest gossip at Kildaire High.

Wrapping his arms around Coral JJ smiled, "We are. Feel free to tell everyone," he told her, winking before turning around to wait for their turn.

"JJ," Coral warned. "What? I want everyone to know and that's the fastest way for it to happen," he told her before tugging her towards the photographer.

Once they were done with pictures Coral and JJ headed into the dance and found the rest of their group had already claimed a table for themselves.

When the boys went off to get drinks for everyone Coral took the opportunity to tell Kie what JJ had done. "Well that's one way to spread the news," she laughed.

"Wait, I thought you two were already dating?" questioned Dahlia, "You guys are always together."

"See you're not as sneaky as you think," Kie told her, "And I'm telling you John B probably already knows he just doesn't want to admit it. Oh, here they come," Kie said, noticing the boys coming back.

"Alright, so unfortunately they had nothing with alcohol available," JJ announced, setting two cups of punch down, "Fortunately for all of you. I came prepared," he stated, pulling out a small flask from his pocket.

"Are you serious?" Pope hissed as the rest of them eagerly held their cups out. "Why are you surprised Pope? It's JJ," John B answered.

"Someone's going to see you," Coral warned as JJ dumped alcohol into his cup. "Then cover me," he told her as he reached for her cup.

Standing Coral placed herself on his right leg as he angled himself towards her so what he was doing under the table couldn't be seen. "Alright who's next?" he asked after handing Coral her cup back.

Kie slid her cup over and Coral brought it down under the table for JJ to spike. Once John B and Dahlia had their cups back in their hands the group drank the punch down quickly as Pope just rolled his eyes, "You guys are going to get expelled," he warned.

"You only live once, Pope," JJ told him, "Let's go dance, Babygirl," JJ decided, grabbing Coral's hand and pulling her to the dance floor.

It wasn't long before the others joined them on the dance floor. After a few fast songs a slow song finally came on and JJ pulled her closer to him as they wrapped their arms around each other.

Swaying to the music he once again started whispering in her ear causing Coral to giggle into his neck, "Will you get your mind out of the gutter," she whispered.

As another slow song started JJ tightened his grip on her, "I really want to kiss you right now," he told her. Raising her head Coral kissed his jaw as she slowly made her way towards his mouth.

Just as she was hovering over his lips she was ripped out of his arms, "I need to borrow my sister," she heard John B say as he drug her towards the edge of the dance floor.

Stumbling as he came to a stop she glared up at him, "Are you fucking insane? You could've broke my ankle," she hissed. "I could've broken JJ's jaw too, but I refrained," he spit back at her, "Now I've had enough of this nonsense with you two," he told her.

"It's not nonsense John B. We like each other and we're going to see each other whether you like it or not," Coralina replied. Rolling his eyes he laughed, "I told you already. JJ's not a relationship person. He's one of my best friends and I know him. He's gonna get what he wants and then drop you and then I'm stuck picking up the pieces."

Getting angry Coral glared at her brother, "If that was true then he would've hit it and quit it in August," she snapped at him. Narrowing his eyes John B grabbed her arm, "What the fuck does that mean?" he asked, dangerously.

Knowing she said the wrong thing Coralina sighed before attempting to explain, "JJ and I have been seeing each other since the end of summer kegger, JB," she told him quietly, "If what you say is true then we wouldn't still be together."

Jaw clenching John B stomped away from her back into the crowd, "John B," Coral called hurrying after him, "Booker, stop," she tried getting her brother to stop as he made a beeline for JJ now dancing with Dahlia.

"John B," Coral cried when he swung his fist at JJ connecting with his jaw and sending the blonde stumbling back, "For christ sake," Coral yelled, getting between the two along with Pope and Kie. "We're done," John B yelled at JJ before walking away.

"Well that went well," JJ commented, rubbing his jaw. Sighing Coral checked his jaw, "I told you to fucking duck," she reminded him.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 286 16
a series rewrite in which JJ Maybank falls in love with his best friend's sister and chaos ensues. - aka an outer banks s2-3 rewrite feat. routledge...
6.3K 130 26
Daniel Beckett Routledge is the younger brother to the oh-so-famous John B Routledge. Their father disappears at sea, presumed dead, but both boys d...
1.6K 2 26
John B is gone and Savannah must do her best to face the world without her twin brother. Lucky she has her boyfriend and two best friends by her side.
3.1K 75 25
Samantha Routledge is a fellow Pogue, and the younger sister of John B. Granted John B is only 10 months older; they are both the children of Big Joh...