Meher •completed•

By the_insouciant_lass

•completed• When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had name... More

Before you begin.
About the book
Meher
Arham Butt
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
Cast
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32
33.
34.
35.
36.
Not an update !
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
Epilogue 1.
Epilogue 2.
Authors Note
10 facts about Meher.
Authours Note.

10.

23.6K 1.3K 93
By the_insouciant_lass

Meher woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread and brewing tea.
She quickly dashed to the bathroom and freshened herself up and made her way to the kitchen following the trail of the wonderful inviting aroma.

"Good morning Nur Jahan." Yusuf greeted her as she entered the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready my lady!"

"Good morning Yusuf." She replied. "You shouldn't have troubled yourself with this." She said standing next to him as he flipped the eggs on the pan.

"Oh please ! It's no trouble at all, had I not been a doctor I'd happily be a chef." He said emptying the perfect looking fried eggs on the plate and poured a cup of coffee and one cup of tea.

"Let's go." He said picking up the tray and leaded the way towards the dining table.
After the two settled down and helped them self with the the breakfast, Yusuf looked at Meher and smiled.

"There is a something I've to tell you."

"Hmm."

"Hooriya is awake." He said taking the last sip of his beverage.

"Really ?" Meher said placing down her cutlery, a wide smile gracing her lips.

"Yes really. It wasn't anything to fret about, the doctor said it's stress and lack of proper rest." He informed her.

"When can I meet her?" Meher asked hopefully.

"Well that depends on how long you take to get ready." He said coyly. "She is being discharged and should reach the Butt mansion in...about 20 minutes." Yusuf said checking his watch.

"I'll be quick." She said and hopped out of the chair collecting all the plates from the table before being stopped by Yusuf's hand that held hers in the process of picking up a cup.

"You, get ready. I'll take care of this." He said taking the plates from her hand.

"Let me help you." She said with an adorable pout. "We'll work faster together, team work." She said trying to convince him.

"Alright alright, stop pouting like a child." He said and pinched her nose playfully making her laugh.

The two quickly put all the dishes and pans in the dishwasher and cleaned the breakfast table and kitchen counter, heading towards their respective rooms to get dressed for the day.

Fifteen minutes later, Meher stepped out of her room in a maroon kurta with beige trousers and an organza dupatta that did not quite match but it would have to do for time being. She saw Yusuf dressed in a light blue shirt that fit him snuggly and dark navy blue trousers with brown shoes, if Yusuf wasn't a doctor or a chef he could certainly be a model.

"...get doctor Rabiya to suture the laceration and get an MRI done before I reach." Yusuf as usual was on his phone barking intrusions to his juniors. For someone as childish and fun loving as Yusuf, the calm, collected and composed mask Yusuf wore when doing his doctor duties made him seem foreign nevertheless Meher appreciate his dedication to his work.

"Ah mohratma ready hai aap." (Oh you are ready ?)

"Ji bilkul, chaley ?" (I am, let's go.)

Yusuf slid his phone into his pocket and picked up a couple of sleek flies kept on the coffee table and nodded at her.

After a yet another amusing lift journey down for Meher they reached the reception where different faces greeted them today.

"Good morning sir, ma'am." The young man behind the desk said with a wide smile.

"Good morning to you too." Yusuf said and Meher just smiled at him. "Please can you get my car out."

"Sure sir." He said and picked up the phone and punched three numbers into it. "Dr. Chaudhary is here, get his car outside please." He said and returned to two and informed them that the car would be outside in a minute. Thanking him Yusuf took hold of Meher's hand and pulled her outside along with him.

"Your building, it's quite forward with technology and services." Meher said looking him him.

"Yes, I didn't expect finding such services in Pakistan, Arham found this place for me." He said and Meher nodded.

The car pulled out it front of them and the valet handed the keys to Yusuf.

"Shukriya." He thanked the valet and then opened the door of the passengers seat for Meher.

Setting the car into motion the two headed for the Butt mansion.

•••

The discharge papers were reluctantly signed by the doctor, but Hooriya insisted that she was feeling better and with the prescribed pain medications she would be okay.

While Arham had gone to the the admission counter settling bills, Dr. Ahamed tried yet again to convince Hooriya to tell her husband the truth about her condition.

"... it's not fair Mrs Butt, he deserved to know the truth." He said. "What when after 3 months one day he returns and you are gone, let him soak in the fact that you aren't going to be there for long let him-."

"You don't understand Ahamed Sahab, I'll die one final day but this man, he will die everyday and I can't see it, call me selfish but I don't want to see him breaking in front of me." She said wiping the corners of her eyes.

"Hooriya, I don't know if I should call you brave or stupid, I honestly don't. Just promise me you'll call me whenever you feel unwell, any pain or
discomfort which you can't bear just give me call,  if you feel low or unhappy, any hour of the day, please give me a call." The doctor said patting her hand with his comfortingly.

"That you so much doc." Hooriya replied flashing him with her beautiful smile. "I'll always pray for you." She said.

The rap on the door made Hooriya quickly wipe the tears which had escaped and Dr. Ahamed too cleared his throat which felt chocked due to heightened emotions.

Composing himself he called out for the person to come in.

"Doctor the formalities have been completed, I'll take her home now." Arham said as he stepped into the doctor's cabin.

"Sure Mr. Butt." Dr Ahamed replied. "Make sure you take good care of her, keep her happy." He said and Arham gave a small curt nod.

"Thank you Ahamed Sahab, may Allah miya bless you." Hooriya said her throat constricting as she tried to control herself. She got up and walked around the table to Dr. Ahamed who too had gotten up and hugged him.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me, I'll always remember you." She said and discreetly wiped her tear.

"I'll always remember you too Hooriya." He said and gave her a nod, never get emotionally attached to a patient, how many times had he been told that by his professors yet here he was mourning for the loss of his patient, for a wonderful soul.

With a last look at the man who gave his heart and soul at trying to save her life for the past two years, Hooriya closed the cabin door and and walked outside of his cabin for the last time.

"Are you fine ?" Arham asked her holding her hand in his as he looked at her. He had never seen Hooriya so emotional before.

"I'm more than fine Mr. Butt, I thought you knew that by now." She joked making him roll his eyes.

"Let's go home." He said and pulled her hand up which were clad in his and kissed her knuckles.

The drive back home was shot and silent. Gulnaz was right outside the main doors ready to welcome Hooriya back home.

As soon as the car stopped and Hooriya got out of it, gulnaz pounced at her, enveloping hoor in a tight embrace.

"Gu..Gul can't breath." Hooriya said.

"Sorry sorry Hooriya baaji, I'm just glad you are home. You scared us yesterday, I didn't know what to do it was Meher who called the ambulance and -."

"I'm fine I was just a little tired." Hooriya said with a big smile on her face. "Where is Meher, why isn't she out to receive me like you are?"

"Meher ? She isn't at home." Gulnaz replied.

"Isn't at home ?" Hooriya said almost in a whisper and turned around to look at Arham, had he sent her back to Hyderabad in her absence, what did he do with the innocent soul.

"Where is she Arham ?" Hooriya asked him almost accusingly.

"She's with Yusuf, he's bringing-."
Arham was interrupted with a series of honking, as the gates were drawn open the silver Mercedes belonging to Yusuf rolled in stopping right behind Arham's car.

Meher unbuckled the seatbelt and jumped out of the car and moved towards Hooriya.

"Hooriya baaji you scared us." She said walking towards her and wrapped her arms around Hooriya's withering frame.

"Oh god it was nothing. Just a little bit of stress and lack of rest." Hooriya lied.

"You aren't doing to do a thing from now, I'm going to be taking over, all your responsibilities are mine now." She said innocent. Arham visibly flinched at the statement made by Meher.

He slammed the open door of the car with extra force and walked inside not sparing a glance to either of the two woman or his best mate.

They watched his retreating figure, Hooriya gave Meher a small forced smile, holding her hand and giving them a gentle squeeze.

"Yusuf thank you so much." Hooriya said looking at the handsome man leaning on his car door observing the two women curiously.

"Thank you huh ?" He said flashing her his famous smile.

"Accha, come inside I'll show you my gratitude by making you your favourite seafood Thai curry." She said.

"Ah nice offer hoorie but i got to go, have some surgeries lined up for the day, I'll be back to meet uncle aunty in a day or two." He said. "Nur Jahan take care." He gave her a warm affectionate smile.

"You too." She said and waved him a good bye.

Hoor and Meher walked inside after Yusuf's car left.

"Mamu and Momani jaan will be here in the evening, you can rest and study till they come, I'll send lunch to you room." Hooriya said as they entered the house.

"Hooriya baaji you should be resting not me." Meher said rolling her eyes playfully at her.

"A few more days and then I'll be resting for eternity." Hooriya said a sad chuckle left her lips. The irony of life.

"What do you mean ?" Meher asked her with her eyebrows scrunched.

"Nothing." Hooriya poked her tongue at her. "Now go upstairs and rest. I'll send Arham and your lunch in your room." She gave a small smile to Meher before ushering her upstairs.

"How do you do it ?"

The voice made her turn her head. Gulnaz stood there with a cup of tea in her hand, she extended her hand and gave the cup to Hooriya who took it with a big smile.

"How are you smiling Hooriya baaji ? How are you okay with sharing your husband, had I not known you, I would say you don't love Arham Bhai but I know you do, then why are you doing it, doing it with a smile ?" She asked Hooriya, a painful expression painted on her face.

"Really ? I know it was your love which gave you the strength to keep quite when Khala (Arham's mother) said all those vile things about you, I watched you keep your silence when she started hunting for girls for bhaijaan, but everything stopped making sense when you started helping her, when you forced bhaijaan to bring Meher home, when you gave her your bedroom, your position and now you have handed her your husband on a platter, what are you Hooriya baaji, insaan ho ya farishta?" (Are you a human or a saint )

"You'll understand everything soon Gul, just know that Meher isn't at fault here, no one is. She is a beautiful soul, and you must look after her, after I'm gone her well-being is your responsibility."

"What do you mean after you are gone ? Are you leaving Arham bhai ?" Gulnaz said with a panicked looked.

"No." Hooriya laughed. "When I'm not there to look after her, then."

"Oh! Okay. I didn't like her at first but then she isn't that bad."

"She isn't bad at all." Hooriya said wrapping her arm around gulnaz's shoulder and turned her around. "Now let's get the lunch out and into everyone's bellies."

AN: this was a filler chapter supposed to be a part of double update but since 350 readers couldn't get a 100 votes, it is out as a Thursday update.
I like Yusuf so far, nobody else, not even Meher so much, what about you ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

916K 25K 81
He said smiling "You stop worrying about your sister and worry about yourself. You have said that today is my marriage but I have made a slight chang...
418K 25.3K 36
I took my seat in the train and took a deep breath. "Every things is ok, Adhya." I said to myself as release a deep breath. "Is it?" a cold voice ca...
327K 7.1K 45
"Mom, I don't know what the heck I'm doing... I'm going to marry my sister's fiancé," I said, tears streaming down my face. "We can't do anything, be...
272K 7.4K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...