Thousand Cherry Blossoms

By ApoKun

Izuku Yagi, a boy loved by his family and friends. His cheerful smile brought joy to people around him. That... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI

II

22K 363 178
By ApoKun

~Rebirth~

~Liberation~

A boy groggily woke up in his room. His first thought was 'Where am I?' this boy was of course Izuku Yagi.

"What happened? Where am- Wait! This is my room! How did I get here?" He ranted, until he remembered what happened.

Tears gathered in his eyes and streamed down his freckled cheeks, his only safe haven in this cruel world was taken away from him.

Why does this world hate me so much?, He thought with no one to answer his questions.

"Don't cry." His head shot up. He looked around to see who said that but found no one. 'I must be going crazy' he thought with a strained smile, tears still streaming down his face

"What's the time?" He looked at his bedside and his eyes widen not because of the time but because of what was next to his clock.

On the small table besides his bed where he placed his clock was a beautifully crafted Katana. It's hilt was bronze with purple wrapping and diamond cutouts which lined the hilt. It had a bronze cross-guard. It's sheath was a clean white with a purple ribbon at the side.

Izuku picked up the Katana and noticed how it did not feel heavy.

He carefully drew the sword from the sheath and marveled at the beautiful ebony black of the blade.

"Ugh!" A high pressure suddenly befell upon Izuku who found himself kneeling, struggling to stand up.

"...Say my name..." Izuku heard a voice, it was but a whisper. The voice sounded gentle and soothing yet also strong and dominant.

"Name?" Izuku questioned. It was the same voice he had heard moments prior. Izuku was now on his knees, the glass of the window had cracked and shattered under the pressure. The wood of the floor had small cracks running through it.

If the pressure was enough to shatter glass and crack the floor it was no doubt enough to alert someone in the house if someone was in it that was.

'No doubt they are out with Izumi', he thought bitterly.

With no one to help him, and even if someone was in the house they wouldn't help him, Izuku tried to pry the sword away from his arms but It was as if the sword had a will of it's own and refused to budge from the green haired boy's arms.

"Say my name!" The voice demanded, this time more louder and fiercer.

"How should I know your name!" Izuku retorted. Izuku heard a sigh and some muttering "Then this shall help you remember..."

Izuku held the blade high and positioned it so the blade was pointing at his stomach.

But this was not Izuku controlling his hands, it was the owner of the mysterious voice. "No! Wait!" Izuku tried to plead but to no avail.

The blade was coming closer and closer.

*Stab*

Blood poured from Izuku's stomach. The sword protruded from his back.
Blood dripped from his mouth.

"So... this i-is how I... Die" with each sentence Izuku found his eyesight blurring.

I don't want my last breath to be in this hell hole...

I don't want to die here...

The last thing Izuku saw before giving in was the sight of a man in a mask with samurai like clothes standing above him with his arms folded .

'...I truly am a Deku...'
______________________________________

*Blink* *Blink* "Ugh" Izuku opened his eyes but immediately closed them as bright light blinded his vision.

Izuku then slowly opened his eyes, letting them adjust to his eyes then fully opening them.

The first thing he saw was the sun, he was laying on grass, he felt. He sat up, taking in his surroundings .

"Warm" he noted. This was not the warmth of the sun but the warmth of comfort.

Izuku fully stood up. He saw a small pond with clear water, fish jumping in him. He looked around and saw blades of green grass all around him. The beautiful clearing was hidden by mountains which circled it. A small hill stood a few metres ahead of him.

Izuku for some reason had a feeling of DeJa Vu and nostalgia as well. He climbed the small hill and found that a lone beautfull Cherry Blossom tree stood on its peak. The Tree had more than a thousand Cherry Blossom Petals on it.

"A Sakura tree" he noted. He came close to it and touched it with the palm of his right hand.

Izuku felt wetness around his eyes. He touched his face with his hand and gasped in shock *sniff* *sniff* "Why am I crying?!, What's this weird feeling I am having." he tried to wipe the tear from his face.

"Why... Why do I feel like I am forgetting something?, Something Very precious to me..." Izuku looked back at the tree.

He had an urge to connect his head with the tree, so he did.

He touched the tree with his forehead and placed a hand on it for support.

Izuku gained a major headache.
______________________________________

Age: 7

A 7 year old boy ran around a huge clearing playing with the small animals there. There was no human there. The clearing did not have any tree except one but did have a lot of bushes and random branches which somehow grew out of the ground. The boy tripped on one and scraped his knee.

Blood poured from his knee and tears threatened to spill but he held them in, refusing to cry. The animals gathered around him, each looking in worry.

A single petal of the Cherry Blossom tree landed on the little boy's knee. A pink glow emitted from it and the flower petal dissapeared bit by bit in a pink glow, almost as if it had been shattered.

The boy noticed that he was no longer in pain. The scrape was healed and no mark was left providing evidence of the injury.

"Cool!" the boy thought but shrugged it of later.
______________________________________

Age: 8.5

The boy sometimes feel as if someone is watching him but not in a way to harm him but like how a father or an older sibling would protectively watch their younger child or sibling.

When he feels lonely the feeling returns and he feels warmth.

When he feels sad the feeling again returns and he feels cheerful.

When he feels distraught or in danger the feeling returns and the boy feels safe.

The feeling is exceptionally strong when near the single tree in the whole clearing.
______________________________________

Age: 9.8

The boy had grown attached to this place a lot. The boy has especially grown attached to the lone Sakura tree which resided up on a small hill.

One day the boy had been bored so he spent his time counting each individual petal of the tree. The boy had photographic memory so he did not need to recount if he were to forget.

"1001 Cherry Blossom petals" the boy noted.

Just then a single petal fell from the tree and landed on the boys head.

"I guess it's 1000 now" the boy said with a giggle.

The boy thought for a bit then an Idea struck him "A name!" He concluded
"You need a name!" The boy pointed at the tree.

"Hm you have a thousand petals and are a cherry blossom tree... 1 thousand petals... I got it A Thousand Cherry Blossoms or Senbonzakura!"

And as if agreeing, the tree's petals rustled and a single Petal again landed on his head.

"But now it's 999 petals... I'll still call you the same thing!"
______________________________________

The boy sometimes see someone out of the corner of his eye. When he is playing with the animals he would spot a tall masked man besides the tree.

When he is playing in the pond he'll see the man near the tree again.

It's always at the tree...

But when he is sitting, leaning against the tree, he feels the presence of the same man again on the other side of the tree.

But the presence doesn't feel dangerous. It does not feel like danger.
It feels...

Welcoming...
_____________________________________

Izuku had tears freely cascading down his face. His 10 year old body trembled in sadness and relief.

"So you remember..."

"How could I have forgotten?" Izuku asks sarcastically but still was crying.

Izuku did not turn but he knew who the man was.

Standing behind him was a tall man wearing a red and gold Oni mask with long hair tied in a pony tail. He wore a purple Kimono with white stripes and Japanese samurai armor around his shoulders and Chest. He had red metal plated gauntlets on his arms that reached his elbows. The sleeve of the Kimono however only showed the gauntlet up to the wrist.

He had on purple trousers with white stripes with a white sash, acting as a belt, around his waist. He also wore Red metal plated boots which reached up to his knees. The trouser was tucked in the boots given it a baggy look.

"But- but how are you here! You shouldn't be alive let alone in a physcial form!" He ask in shock. Now fully turned around and facing the man.

"I was never a tree. My soul had been trapped inside, waiting for the rightful heir." Izuku was confused. What did he mean by heir? There were so many questions revolving around his head.

"What do you mean by 'heir'?" Izuku asked.

"You'll know when the time is right... And when he deems you ready." he said the last part in a hushed whisper which Izuku did not hear.

"But why me?" The man did not falter and said "Why You? You ask, so I ask why not YOU?" Izuku kept his head low

"I am useless, quirkless and weak... I am a Deku"

"Says who?" Izuku looked up to meet the figures eyes "You are useless?! Who decided that? you are weak? Who decided that?b You are powerless? Who decided?" With each sentence Izuku's eyes lit up with lost hope.

"The only one who gets to decide..." he crouched and poked his finger at Izuku's chest and spoke in a soft gentle voice.

"Is you."

Izuku's eyes widen and light returned to his eyes.

Then he fainted...

He woke up in his room, a place with hellish memories but it was time to be free! It was time to be liberated!

Izuku stood up, the sword still in his chest but this time a faint pink glow accompanied Izuku as his body was covered by a strange pink aura.

His eyes had a fire re-lighted in them with his eyes giving a faint pink glow.

He took hold of the sword and instead of pulling it away he pushed it more making more blood spew from his mouth.

The man watched in amusement as Izuku did that.

Izuku gripped the swords handle tightly to the point his knuckles went white.

The sword glowed a bright pink and suddenly Izuku found himself shivering with power.

His world suddenly changed and he found himself kneeling where once the mighty Sakura tree stood.

The masked man stood in front of Izuku, like a guardian angel descended from the heavens!

Izuku faced the man. Beautiful cherry blossom trees grew all around the illusion of the clearing.

"I am thou. Thou are me."

The sword glowed a bright pink. Blue energy erupted around the kneeling boy.

"I shall serve thou and cut down anything that stands between my master."

Izuku glared into the man's eyes with determination.

"Call upon my name and my blade shall cut thy enemies. Call my name my master!"

"Senbonzakura"

The blade broke into a thousand pieces and wings of cherry blossom petals formed at Izuku's back .

Izuku felt free, he felt completely free.. he felt...

Liberated
______________________________________

Word Count: [1950]

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter

I hope you don't mind but there will be a few or more than a few chapters before we get to U.A but these chapters will be important for the story

I hope you guys liked what I did with senbonzakura and Izuku

Also this is Izuku's Katana

And this is senbonzakura

Next Chapter will focus Izuku understanding Senbonzakura, Shoto and maybe a certain someone

If there are some grammatical mistakes please tell me as I did not go through the chapter

Thank You for Reading! Please
Comment and Vote

Peace Out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 2.4K 12
Izuku Yagi a child who was put down by the society for being quirkless in a society were quirk is everything, he had a happy childhood up to the age...
1.2K 66 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...
618K 14.2K 59
They said that actions have consequences. Izuku Yagi, son of Toshinori Yagi, and Inko Yagi, brother of Izumi Yagi. After finding out he's quirkless a...
70.7K 1.1K 23
Neglected, abused and abandoned this is the life of one Izuku Yagi from the age of 4 when he was deemed quirkless his mother Inko Yagi and her husban...