๐’ฎ๐’ถ๐’ป๐‘’ & ๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น

Od NLPrivett

CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN ๐”๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ ๐” ๐”ฉ๐”ฌ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ ๐”ข๐”ถ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”—๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฐ๐”ฒ๐”ซ ๐”ฆ๐”ฐ ๐”ค๐”ฌ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ก๐”ฌ๐”ด๐”ซ ๐”œ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ... Viac

๐“ข๐“ช๐“ฏ๐“ฎ & ๐“ข๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ญ
i. Galaxy & Rose
ii. Galaxy & Rose
iii. Galaxy & Rose
i. The End of the World
ii. The End of the World
iii. The End of the World
Bad Dreams
i. The Unquiet Dead
ii. The Unquiet Dead
iii. The Unquiet Dead
Not alright
i. Aliens of London
ii. Aliens of London
iii. Aliens of London
i. World War III
ii. World War III
iii. World War III
i. Dalek
ii. Dalek
i. Father's Day
ii. Father's Day
Getting to know you
The Empty Child
i. The Doctor Dances
ii. The Doctor Dances
iii. The Doctor Dances
Trenzalore
Trenzalore Part 2
i. Boom Town
ii. Boom Town
iii. Boom Town
i. Bad Wolf
ii. Bad Wolf
i. The Parting of Ways
ii. The Parting of Ways

iv. World War III

905 27 6
Od NLPrivett

Rose is leaning against the long table, Harriet sitting down beside her, the Doctor is leaning on one of the metal shutters, frowning and I'm sat on the table, reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. "Alright, Doctor," mum sighs through the speaker. "I'm not saying I trust you, but there must be something you can do."

"If we ferment the port, we could make acetic acid," Harriet suggests.

"Mickey, any luck?" Rose asks.

"There's loads of emergency numbers. But they're all on voicemail," Mickey says. I look up at the Doctor and see him frowning. "Voicemail dooms us all," Harriet says.

"If we could just get out of here," Rose says.

"There's a way out," I hear the Doctor say so I shut my book and get off of the table.

"What?" I ask him confused.

"There's always been a way out," he repeats.

"Then why don't we use it?" Rose asks. The Doctor walks over to the table and leans over a chair next to me, looking at the phone. "Because I can't guarantee your daughters will be safe," the Doctor says.

"Don't you dare! Whatever it is, don't you dare!" mum exclaims.

"That's the thing. If I don't dare, everyone dies." the Doctor tells my mum.

"Do it," I tell the Doctor and he looks up at me.

"You don't even know what it is. You'd just let me?" he asks.

"Yeah," I tell him and he looks at me, frozen.

"Please, Doctor!" mum cuts in. "They're my daughters! They're just kids!"

"Do you think I don't know that?" the Doctor snaps, not taking his eyes off of me. "Because this is my life, Jackie! It's not fun, it's not smart! It's just standing up and making a decision because nobody else will!" the Doctor looks down at the phone. 

"Then what are you waiting for?" I ask him. The Doctor's head snaps up towards me. "I could save the world but lose you. Both of you," he tells me and I look at him in sorrow.

"But... no one in this room is more important than this planet," I tell him.

"But you are to me, Galaxy... I can't lose you," he mutters quietly, kissing my head and I hug him, looking at Rose who has a smirk on her face.

"Except it's not your decision, Doctor, It's mine," Harriet says, stepping forwards. The Doctor lets go and step back, but grabs my hand, not letting me go. "And who the hell are you?" mum asks.

"Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North," she answers curtly. "The only elected representative in this room chosen by the people for the people, and on behalf of the people I command you: Do it," she orders. The Doctor breaks out into a huge grin. Rose sits on the table, handing the Doctor the red briefcase. "How do we get out?" Rose asks the Doctor.

"We don't, we stay here," he replies, flipping through the emergency protocols.

*********

The Doctor reluctantly lets go of my hand when I tell him that I want to put everything back into my bag, so I'm now beside Rose, putting my book, laptop and other things into the bag, including Rose's jacket. The Doctor was relaying to Mickey what he had to do whilst I do this. "Use the buffalo password, it overrides everything," the Doctor tells him.

"What're you doing?" mum asks.

"Hacking into the Royal Navy," Mouse breathes in awe, not believing himself. "We're in..." he informs us. "Here it is, uh... H.M.S. Taurean, Trafalgar Class Submarine, ten miles off the coast of Plymouth."

"Right, we need to select a missile," the Doctor mutters.

"We can't go nuclear, we don't have the defence codes," Mouse argues.

"We don't need the defence codes, you idiot. All we need is an ordinary missile," I retort, continuing with my bag.

"What's the first category?" the Doctor asks, not looking at me. I finish packing my bag, slinging it onto my back and walking back around to the Doctor and he grabs my hand again. "Sub Haffoon, UGMA4A," Mouse tells him.

"That's the one! Select," the Doctor orders.

"I could stop you," mum threatens quietly.

"Do it, then," Mouse challenges.

"Ready for this?" the Doctor asks, running his thumb over my knuckles.

After a moment of tense silence, Mouse replies with a firm, "yeah."

"Mickey the Idiot," the Doctor sighs. "The world is in your hands: fire," he orders.

"Oh, my god," mum whispers in horror.

Harriet goes over to one of the windows which is covered in metal. "How solid are these?" she asks, tapping the steel.

"Not solid enough," the Doctor shakes his head. "Built for a short-range attack... nothing like this."

"All right... Now, I'm making a decision. I'm not gonna let my baby sister die, so! We're going to ride this one out," Rose announces. "It's like what they say about earthquakes! You can survive 'em by standing under a doorframe," she smiles. "Now, this cupboard's small, so it's strong. Come and help me. Come on!" she exclaims at Harriet and she runs into the cupboard.

*********

Rose, Harriet and I are all moving things from the cupboard and onto the table. "It's on the radar," Mouse calls. "Counter defence 556!"

"Stop them intercepting it!" the Doctor orders.

"I'm doing it now," Mouse replies.

"Good boy," the Doctor praises, being honest this time.

"556 neutralized," Mouse announces. I poke my head out of the cupboard as Rose and Harriet hunker down. "Doctor. In here, now!" I yell at him. He rips the phone from the speaker and rushes in. I grab onto the Doctor's hand and curl up next to him. Rose grabbing my hand, and Harriet grabbing the Doctor's other hand. "Nice knowing you three," Harriet smiles. "Hannibal!" she cheers.

The four of us brace ourselves as the room begins to shake violently. Rose and I are screaming as we're thrown around the small cupboard. Sooner than I thought, it was over and I was laying on someone's chest, breathing heavily. The Doctor laughs gleefully, helping us all up and checking to make sure we are all alright. The Doctor kicks the door open and we climb out of the cabinet room. I raise my hand, wincing at the sunlight. My eyes widen a bit as I look around at the burning rubble that used to be Downing Street. "Made in Britain," Harriet smiles, patting the side of the metal room, making me smile. A soldier rushes over to us, aping. "Are you alright?" he asks.

"Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North," she flashes her ID. "I want you to contact the UN immediately. Tell the ambassadors the crisis is over and they can step down," she orders. "Go on, tell the news!"

"Yes, ma'am," he nods before hurrying off.

"Someone's got a hell of a job sorting this lot out," Harriet shakes her head, gesturing around before her eyes widen. "Oh, Lord! We haven't even got a Prime Minister!" she gasps.

"Well, maybe you should have a go," the Doctor smirks, grabbing onto my hand. "Me?" she laughs. "I'm only a backbencher," she denies.

"I'd vote for you," Rose smiles.

"Me too," I smile.

"Now, don't be silly," Harriet shakes her head, blushing faintly. "Look... I'd better go and see if I can help," she starts to climb over the rubble and toward a crowd of people down the street. The Doctor beams, helping Rose and me as we climb down as well. I watch with a smile as Harriet raises her arms in the air, shouting to get the attention of the soldier. "Hang on! The earth is safe! Sergeant!"

"I thought I knew the name," the Doctor grins happily. "Harriet Jones! Future Prime Minister! Elected for three successive terms, the architect of Britain's Golden Age!"

"The crisis has landed! Ladies and Gentlemen, I have something to say to you all!"

*********

Rose and I were sat in the living room, mum pacing around as she glares at the telly.

Harriet Jones - Mankind stands tall, proud.

"Harriet Jones," mum scoffs, narrowing her eyes. "Who does she think she is? Look at her! Taking all the credit! Should be you, girls, on there!" mum shouts. "My daughters saved the world!"

"I think the Doctor helped a bit," Rose puts in, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, alright then, him too," mum concedes, rolling her eyes. "You three should be given a knighthood," she insists.

"That's not the way he does things," I shake my head. 

"No fuss, he just... moves on. He's not that bad if you give him a chance," Rose looks up at mum.

"He's good in a crisis, I'll give him that," mum huffs, sitting down in one of the armchairs.

"Oh!" I laugh. "Now the world has changed. You're saying nice things about him," I tease mum.

"Well, I reckon I've got no choice!" she retorts. "There's no getting rid of him since you're infatuated," she looks at me pointedly.

"I'm not infatuated," I squeak, blushing madly as Rose snickers beside me, making me elbow her in the stomach. Mum just rolls her eyes, giving me a knowing look, "What does he eat?" she changes the subject, making me sigh in relief.

"How do you mean?" I frown.

"I was gonna do shepherds pie..." mum looks off thoughtfully. "All of us, a proper sit-down," she tells us. "Cause... I'm ready to listen... I want to learn about you girls and him and that life you lead," she smiles between us. "Only, I don't know, he's an alien! For al I know, he eats grass and safety pins and things!"

"He'll have shepherd pie," I giggle, shaking my head. "You gonna cook for him?"

"What's wrong with that?" mum asks.

"He's finally met his match," Rose smirks.

"Neither of you is too old for a slap, you know," mum narrows her eyes, making Rose and me giggle. "You can go and visit your gran tomorrow," she gets up and heads to the kitchen. My phone starts to ring and I pick it up. "Better learn some French, Rose. Told her you were in France. Galaxy already knows it though," she tells us. I look at the screen in confusion as I see the words TARDIS calling on the screen. I show Rose and she leans over to me to listen. I pick up placing it to my ear. "Hello?" I ask.

"Right, I'll be a couple of hours, then we can go," the Doctor tells me.

"You've got a phone?" Rose asks, shocked.

"Oh, good. Rose is there too. You think I can travel through space and time and I haven't got a phone? Ha!" he laughs.

"When did you put your number on my phone?" I ask confused and the Doctor clears his throat.

"Not the point. Like I said: a couple of hours! I've just sent out the dispersal... there you go! That's cancelling out the Slitheen's advert in case any bargain hunters turn up," he tells us.

"... our mother's cooking," I inform the Doctor awkwardly.

"Good! Put her on a slow heat and let her simmer," the Doctor jokes, making me roll my eyes.

"She's cooking tea. For us!" I tell him.

"I don't do that," the Doctor turns us down immediately.

"She wants to get to know you," Rose tries.

"Tough! I've got better things to do!" the Doctor snaps.

"It's just tea," Rose says, not seeing the problem.

"Not to me, it isn't!"

"She's our mother!" I try.

"Well, she's not mine!" the Doctor scoffs. "I told you: I don't do families!"

"Rose and I are sisters," I tell him.

"That's different!"

"That's not fair," Rose shouts.

"Well, you can both stay if you want," the Doctor retorts, making me pause. "But right now..." he goes on in a softer tone. "There's a plasma storm brewing in the Horsehead Nebula... fires burning ten million miles wide. I could fly the TARDIS right into the heart of it then ride the shock wave all the way out; hurtle right across the sky and end up... anywhere," he tells us and I smile. "You're choice, girls," he hangs up.

I clutch the phone in my hand, chewing on my bottom lip. Ignoring Rose, I jump up and run to my bedroom, grabbing my small suitcase from under the bed and I start to walk back and forth from my chest of drawer to my suitcase. "Don't go, sweetheart," mum's soft voice makes me turn to see her in the doorway.

"You don't understand," I shake my head, zipping the suitcase up.

"Then help me," she moves forward, putting her hands on my shoulders. "I deserve that much..."

"The Doctor... you wouldn't believe the things I've seen already because of him," I smile softly. "Mum... my dreams are real. Everything I see and hear in my head... it's real," I tell her as tears well in my eyes. "I have to," I look at her pleadingly, begging with my eyes for her to get it.

"I raised you, girls, all by myself and it hurts to have you run off... I may have not given birth to you, Galaxy, but you're my daughter and it hurts to see you go. But seeing you this happy? Seeing how much this Doctor and travelling means to you," she raises an eyebrow, wiping a tear away. "How could I ever take that away?" she smiles softly. I smile widely, launching forward and wrapping my arms around mum's neck. "Thank you," I whisper, squeezing her tightly. Mum hugs me back but them lets go, stepping away. "Oh. Also, I never threw your books away. I may have given two away to your work but I couldn't bring myself to throw the others away so I hid them on the top of my wardrobe," mum says. I smile and she goes and gets them for me and I smile. "Thank you, mum. This means a lot to me," I tell her.

*********

"I'll get a proper job," mum tells Rose, following us out of the estate. "I'll work on weekends! I'll pass my test and if Jim comes round again, I'll say no! I really will!" she tells us.

"We're not leaving because of you," Rose shakes her head. "I'm travelling with my little sister and best mate, that's all! Then I'm coming back!"

"But it's not safe!" mum argues.

"She'll be there to look after me, mum," I assure her.

"If you saw it out there... you'd never stay home," Rose smiles before turning to the Doctor, slipping her rucksack off.

"Got enough stuff?" the Doctor eyes Rose and my suitcase and bag with raised eyebrows.

"Last time we stepped in there, it was a spur of the moment," Rose grins, shoving her bag in the Doctor's arm and rolls his eyes.

"Now we're signing up," I smile, putting my suitcase by the TARDIS. "You're stuck with us, ha!" I point at the Doctor.

"I can take back the offer," he raises his eyebrows.

"But you won't because you'd be dead bored without us," I smirk, folding my arms and the Doctor sighs, shaking his head in exasperation. "See! You know I'm right!" I smile widely, doing a little victory dance.

"Come with us," Rose smiles up at Mouse. "There's plenty of room..."

"No chance," the Doctor shakes his head quickly. "He's ah... a liability. I'm not having him on board," he refuses.

"We'd be dead without him!" Rose snaps, glaring at the Doctor.

"My decision is final," the Doctor says firmly.

Rose huffs and turns back to Mouse. "Sorry," she mutters sadly. I wrinkle my nose when I see Rose and Mickey kiss. "It's like you wanna make me blind," I tell Rose covering my eyes as the Doctor laughs. "Good luck, then," Mickey tells Rose.

"You still can't promise me," mum rounds on the Doctor. "What if they get lost? What if something happens to you, Doctor, and my girls are left all alone standing on some moon a million lightyears away? How long do I wait then?"

The Doctor hugs Rose's rucksack closer to his chest, not having an answer. I turn to mum, putting my hands on her upper arms. "Mum... you're forgetting that she's a time machine," I remind her. "We could go travelling around suns and planets and all the way out to the edge of the universe and by the time we get back? Ten seconds would have passed," I smile, rubbing her arms soothingly.

"Just ten seconds," Rose smiles, the three of us hugging each other tightly. "So, stop worrying," she sways us from side to side. "We'll see you in ten seconds time, yeah?" she pulls away.

"I love you, mum," I squeeze her tightly, kissing her cheek.

"Love you, mum," Rose smiles, kissing her other cheek.

"I love you, sweethearts," mum smiles sadly between us. The Doctor puts our things into the TARDIS and Rose I wave at mum and Mickey before we enter. I look at the Doctor before he pulls the lever before piloting us away.

*********

World War III is done. I wrote these two chapters in one day. Well done me.

Pokraฤovaลฅ v ฤรญtanรญ

You'll Also Like

2.3K 145 13
The Hidden Time Lady Book 2 Doctor Who Series Two to Series Four The Doctor's Children
5.3K 254 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...