A Deal with the Devil

By rachel2k22

Every Halloween Ellie and her friends attempt to summon the devil, and this time it’s her turn, she had seen... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 1

129K 1.8K 540
By rachel2k22

CHAPTER ONE

Ellie rushed home after school, she was desperate to go round to her friend Amy’s house, it was Halloween and they were having a sleep over. She quickly got dressed and packed a bag to take with her, she hid her homework underneath her bed, knowing that her mother wouldn’t let her go anywhere if she had homework, she was strict like that.

“Mom, can you take me to Amy’s!” she shouted down to her mom.

“Ask your dad, I’m busy,” she shouted back.

Ellie huffed and stomped off to her dads office, she banged on the door then opened it and strolled in, he didn’t look impressed with her interruption.

“Daddy?” She smiled at him.

She had him wrapped around her little finger, knew exactly what to say to him, exactly what look to give him. Any trace of irritation he had was gone as he smiled back, he was too easy Ellie thought as she walked over to him.

“What do you want angel, I’m busy,” he told her.

That was another thing that got on her nerves, her parents were always busy, she had no idea why they had even had a child because they had no time for her, they just gave her money to keep her occupied.

“Can you take me to Amy’s?” she begged.

Eric shook his head, he hadn’t got time to be driving her around, he knew what she was like she wouldn’t just want to go to Amy’s she would expect him to pick her friends up as well and he was no taxi service.

“No angel, you will have to ask your mom,” he muttered, getting back to the important document he was typing up.

“Oh for fuc...” she never got to finish as her father slammed his hand down on the desk.

“Young ladies do not use that sort of language, I should ground you for a month!” he scolded.

Ellie glared at him, he wouldn’t dare, he wouldn’t want her around him driving him mad for a month, there was no way he would ground her and she knew it.

“I’m sorry daddy,” she said giving him her puppy dog eyes.

He knew what she was doing, but he was a fool and was easily sucked in by it.

“It’s ok, but don’t do it again.”

Ellie smiled sweetly at him, it was time for phase two, the guilt trip. She picked her bag up and walked over to the door. She turned the door handle and then stopped and looked over her shoulder.

“Bye daddy, If I never see you again because I get murdered on my way to Amy’s just know that I forgive you,” she told him.

Eric jumped up, she was a little madam, she always got her own way, he picked his car keys up and motioned for her to hurry up. Ellie skipped down the stairs with a triumphant smile, he was just too easy.

Her mother came out of the kitchen and smirked and her, then shook her head at Eric, she knew exactly what her daughter had done. It didn’t work on her, but she was a daddy’s girl and he would fall for any sob story she had.

“Behave yourself,” her mother warned her sternly.

Ellie resisted the urge to stick her fingers up at her and just smiled and nodded. She followed her father out to the car and jumped in, it was getting cold and she shivered as her father opened his door and got in.

“You’ve got a leaf in your hair,” he told her with a smirk.

Ellie looked in the mirror and frowned, a leaf did he not mean a whole tree, how the hell they had all got there she had no idea. She picked them out and threw them out of the window. She wouldn’t let him drive anywhere until she had brushed her long blonde hair back into place.

“Ok Eric, off we go,” she teased.

“It’s dad to you, you little shit,” he told her.

She had never understood how her parents ended up together, because he was different when he wasn’t with her mom, he was fun, and he was quite cool for a coffin dodger, well he wasn’t that old probably about forty, but that was still pretty ancient though she thought as she looked over at him.

“Dad, what was it like growing up without a tv?” she asked him with a straight face.

Eric looked at her in disbelief, “We had a tv, what made you think that?”

“Oh I didn’t think electricity existed when you were my age,” she told him seriously.

Eric cracked up, he couldn’t stop laughing, she was such a cheeky little brat at times. He looked over at her and she started to laugh. He really wished that he spent more time with her, because he had missed out on enough of her life what with his job as a lawyer he was rarely at home and when he was he was working on a case.

“Angel I still feel your age sometimes,” he informed her with a smile, he knew she was going to come back with something sarcastic.

“You still feel fifteen? Well I got some bad news bud you don’t look fifteen, not with those wrinkles,” she laughed.

Eric chuckled at her and shook his head, he stopped outside Amy’s house and leaned over kissing her cheek.

“Be good, and if you can’t be good just don't get caught,” he said with a wink.

Ellie shook her finger at him and smirked, “I don’t know what you’re trying to imply by that, so I’m just going to leave now. Love you.”

“Love you too angel,” he watched her walk into Amy’s and drove off.

**

Sarah and Gabby were already at Amy’s when she got there, it was nothing out of the ordinary she was always late. They were sitting on a huge pile of cushions and throws on Amy’s bedroom floor picking out horror films for their Halloween night in.

“Hi!” Ellie shouted jumping onto the cushions.

Amy groaned as Ellie landed on her and poked her in her ribs. She just looked at her friend with a smirk and passed her the selection of films they had chosen without her.

“What part of horror night didn’t you understand, twilight is not a horror film!” she moaned.

“It has vampires,” Gabby argued.

“They’re not exactly scary now are they!” Ellie argued back.

“Ok, ok enough, we won’t watch it, come on it’s not like we haven’t seen it before,” Sarah told them trying to diffuse the situation.

Ellie smirked at Gabby, letting her know that she had won, and Gabby glared at her. Out of the four of them Gabby and Elllie had the worst relationship, they didn’t see eye to eye much and were constantly trying to outdo each other or make each other look stupid, but there were times when they got on they were just rare.

“Right then come on  lets get some films on,” Ellie demanded.

Amy put a film on and they all got comfortable on the cushions that littered Amy’s bedroom floor. Amy was never one to keep queit during a film, everyone had a friend like it, there was always one that just couldn’t shut up or sit still well hers was Amy.

“Are you doing it tonight?” Amy asked Ellie.

“Yes, now shut up,” She hissed.

Then it was gobby Gabby’s turn to open her mouth, Ellie thought with a scowl.

“Are you scared?” She giggled.

“No Gabby, I won’t cry like you did.” She snapped.

Gabby shut up and turned back to the film, she was only young when she had done it and she was a bit of a wimp, but she was twelve and Ellie just wouldn’t let her live it down and she hoped that she cried as well, even though she knew she wouldn’t.

It was ten minutes before midnight and Amy and Sarah were getting everything ready for the summoning, Ellie was the last person to do it. They had all had their turns and nothing had ever been different and there really was no point in it but Ellie wanted to do it.

All she had to do was write three sixes onto the mirror and chant his name six times and apparently he would appear in the mirror but only the person summoning would see him.

Ellie took the pen and scrawled the sixes on to the mirror and started to laugh, “Don’t you think it should be in blood?”

“Err don’t be disgusting!” Gabby whined.

Ellie rolled her eyes and wrote the last number, she looked at the clock and looked straight into the mirror.

“Satan, satan, satan, satan,satan, satan.” She chanted, the same way her friends always had.

When nothing happened she looked over at her friends to tell them that they were right, but there were all looking blank, frozen almost, then a noise brought her attention back to the mirror and there was a beautiful face staring back at her, it wasn’t hers it was a man. He had short blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes that seemed to look right through to her very soul.

The man smirked at her coldly, it was as though someone blew ice over her and she shivered. She couldn’t take her eyes off his though it looked like he had flames dancing in his eyes and they were so mesmerising that she found herself getting closer to the mirror,but when he spoke she jumped back, his voice was deep and husky.

“You shouldn’t play with things that you know nothing about little girl,” he smirked at her again and reached out from the mirror and touched her cheek with his cold hand and it sent shock waves through her.

The second his hand left her she had a horrible feeling of dread wash over her and she felt sick, she backed away from the mirror and her friends were looking at her strangely. They had seen nothing, and she could tell by their faces that they hadn’t seen what she had.

“What’s wrong?” they asked.

“Hmm oh nothing,” she told them with a smile.

She must have had too much sugar, that was it, that was what was wrong, too much sugar. She did have a slightly over active imagination at times, how much of an idiot was she thinking she had seen a man in the mirror, the devil himself, but that touch felt so real.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 220 4
On a Halloween night, a young man at the age of 21 goes at a party with his friends and on the way they make jokes about him believing in the paranor...
1.2K 37 11
You are a college student in a small town with a tale that gets passed down every year during the month of October about god worship that happened ce...
1.6M 44.4K 58
Scarlett isn't just some girl. She's HIS girl. She's also funny,goofy,shy and intelligent all in one. She's an only child and her parents are never...
6K 626 10
When a demon is tasked with finding the key to unlock the Gates of Hell and bring about the Apocalypse, no-one would have guessed what a HELL of job...