17 And After!

By BharathiGopinath

People make tiny mistakes in their life but that doesn't mean they are bad. Sometimes good people make bad ch... More

Morning...
Introvert or Extrovert
ADAM
Never Be Reckless
Directioner
The Concert
New..
Wow
Do It....
Student President
Campaigning Time
Working for Cause....
Just a girl with goals
Happy Day
Field Day
It's Field day
Be Wild
Girls Day Out
Double Date
The Interviewee
Interview
Super powers?!
The party
It's a Dare!!
A twist in the tale
Sťîļľ Hávįňğ Přáčțîcę!!
Cheers to the one !!
Hallow's eve!!
Be kind for no reason!!
All Abőųt Attitude^_^
Hold On!
Jāñe's Dáý!!!!
Joy
Find Joy in everything you do!!
The Place!!
A new Friend!
Alright •__•
Christmas
Special Chapter.
EPILOGUE
Acknowledgement!

Trick or treat??!!

57 15 27
By BharathiGopinath

Today was the day!!! The day, the  Halloween party was to be celebrated in their high school. The past week has been busy and tiring. Finally, all the decorations were done and everything was set for the party.

All their hardwork has finally paid result. The party set up and the decorations were fantastic and the school has never seen the Halloween set up so grand and adorable.

Everyone were like roof excited and waited hopefully for this day. Though, people may say it's just Halloween, it is one of those evenings, were everyone would get quality time to spend along with friends and families wearing costumes of our own interest, partying around, collecting candies and enjoying the evening to the fullest. Halloween brings new people to your door.

"No, I'm not doing this!!", said Elena. Elena and Jane were arguing about something so seriously that they didn't see Mia joining them and she sat across them at the usual table.

"Girls, what's going on?", enquired Mia.

"Costumes for today's event!!", chirped Jane, an uncontainable smile plastered on her face all the time and it's undeniable.

"Oh, cool!!", replies Mia sipping the smoothies.

"Not at all. We have not decided anything yet about the costumes and it's time to shop!!", beamed Elena with a huge grin on her lips.

"So, what's the plan?", asked Mia.

"The plan is we decide our costume first, then we go shopping", Elena smiled at them.

"Elena has decided to dress up either as snow white or Cinderella", said Jane and she added , "But I suggest her to dress up like a witch!!"

Mia giggles at Jane's suggestion. Each one of them teased one another regarding the costumes they were gonna choose.

"Enough, now let's decide something quick. We have shopping to do", stated Elena for which Jane and Mia signed together at the word 'shopping'.

"El, what's your thought?? Split it out!!",  claimed Mia.

"Ben and I have decided to wear costumes as a couple for the party. Now,
I have to choose anyone one of the Disney princess", said Elena.

"It's simple, babs!! All of the Disney prince are Mr.Perfect!! So, any prince costume would be perfect for Ben", explained Mia.

"And you, Jane?? Are you guys wearing costumes together as a couple?", asked Mia.

"No, hope Adam said he's gonna dress up like a Dracula!!", said Jane. Mia and Elena laughed out hard.

"Like the one in the movie hotel transylvania", chuckles Mia.

"Don't tell me you are gonna be Marvis!!", elena teased Jane. Jane stuck out her tongue at Elena.

"Jane, what have you planned?", questions Mia.

"I'm gonna dress up like 'Merida' from the movie Brave", squealed Jane.

"Perfect!! Jane, you'll look exactly like her except for the hair color. She has red bushy and curly hair while you are perfect with brown. But you represent her character", chirped Mia.

"Brave?? Which Merida?", Elena looked confused.

"Merida, the impetuous but courageous one and a skilled archer who wants to carve out her own path in life. In this movie, Merida discover the true meaning of courage and undo a beastly curse before it's too late", narrated Jane.

"You control your destiny. You don't need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solve your problems. This quote is from the movie. This disney movie talks about this princess who demands her own freedom", explained Mia.

"Her one famous line is:
      If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?      - princess Merida", said Jane.

"Merida said, 'our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it'", states Mia.

"Woah, woah... hold on!! Whatever!! Hope Jane is the real life version of Princess Merida", cheered Elena.

"Mia, tell us about your costume. Are you and Alec having plans of your own??", asks Jane for which Mia splits her smoothies and starts to cough awkwardly.

"What....the....fuck?? Alec and myself!!....", mia continues coughing.

"Seriously, guys??!! Why should I pair up with Alec of all the people in high school?? He is no friend to me!!", stated Mia trying to sound serious.

"Oh, so you are trying to convince us that there is nothing going on between you and Alec??", questions Jane showing her death glare.

"Yup", Mia nodded at her and Elena.

"What's your plan then?", Elena asked as Mia finished her smoothies.

"You'll know later", Mia winks at them both and chuckles at their expression.

"This is not fair!!", yelled Elena and Jane in unison. They together bet Mia's shoulder but she continued laughing at them.

"Alright, time is running out!! To the mall we go!!", declares Elena.

......................

Mia reaches home by 5 after shopping, having a great girl's time together and she has got more than a hour to prepare herself for the Halloween party.

She hasn't uttered a word about her Halloween costume since she wanted it to be a surprise. Mia is not a great admirer of prince and princesses of disney movies. She has never dressed up like any of that since her first Halloween.

Every Halloween, she wears the costume of a witch or a zombie wrapping herself in toilet paper, she once dressed up as a minion on Adam's completion.

On her 8th grade, Adam, Elena and Mia dressed up together as Halloween pumpkins. So far, all her costumes were either funny or cute, she has never tried on princess clothes.

But this time, he mother brought her a long, full body, purple posh embossed velvety gown which looked exactly like the one from the movie ' tangled'.
So, Mia planned to dress up like the rapunzel of the movie.

After one hour of priming herself, she looked at the full length mirror.
Mia looked dazzling and the gown fits her perfectly revealing curves.

She applied a little makeup and a little blush for the cheeks to look like rapunzel.
Mia's long hair was braided beautifully and she used tiny little flowers to decorate her long braid.

Now she looked exactly like the rapunzel from the movie. She decided to text Elena and Jane informing them that she has got ready.

After few minutes, her phone sings 'live while you are young' and she answers Jane's call.

"Will be there in 5 minutes!! Don't forget to bring the little pumpkin bag along. It's time to trick or treat!!", beamed Jane.

Mia giggled at her excitement but deep down she was a bit nervous to show up in front of her friends in this costume.

She came down to the living room and found Ben adjusting his own outfit.

"Jeez, you look amazing!!! Prince charming??", Mia looked stunned seeing her brother. He looked attractive and admirable.

The costume of Prince charming suites him perfectly and he looked perfectly handsome.

"You look wonderful, Ben", exclaimed Mia. 

"You look different!!", declares Ben.

"So, this is what I get for appreciating you??", Mia raises her eyebrow.

"Hey, you look beautiful, that's what I'm trying to say. And this is the first time I get to see you like this", uttered Ben.

"Thank you, Prince Charming. Hope your princess will also find you handsome as well!!, she bows her head like a princess and seeing this gesture made him laugh hard.

At the same time, the doorbell rings and Mia squeals out of excitement.

Ben opens the door and Adam, jane and Elena enters the living room. Adam has turned himself into a Dracula.

And Elena wore the cindrella ball gown which was purchased earlier this morning. She was astonishing with those costumes and makeup.

Ben and Elena looked perfect and cute together like the real version of the Prince and Cinderella.

"Oh my god, Jane, your hair??", Mia screamed out loud. Jane looked exactly like Merida and she had the same red hair. She has colored it red.

"Looking good, right??", replied jane with a cheeky grin on her face.

Mia shouts a yes and hugged her out of excitement.

"Guys, don't you all think, Mia is looking different? How did we miss it", stated Adam. All pairs of eyes in the room, now looked at Mia which made her uncomfortable.

"It's just my mom. She bought the clothes and I thought I would surprise you all", admitted Mia.

"You look marvelous, Mia", Elena was surprised.

"You are always beautiful, my girl", cheers Jane.

"Actually, you would look much better with the toilet paper on you than the purple gown", teased Adam which made her huffy.

"Shut up, Adam!! Come one, let's trick or treat!!", chirped Jane.

....................

They completed trick or treat at the neighborhood and reached school at 7.30Pm.

They earned a lot of candies as a treat, so that they wouldn't perform trick(mischief) on the owner of the house.

The party decorations looked spooky and it was enchanting with all those special lights and Jack o lanterns at the entrance.

They moved towards the cave entrance with no light and it was secured with no entry tapes and it lead to the party hall which was decorated with cobwebs, frightening window and door.

The half of the school playground was turned into aesthetic graveyard cemetery and the other was turned into snake yard and it was giving a spooky feeling. Lots of spooky Skeleton spring lights, creepy alien cutouts were placed all over party hall.

The most creepiest mechanical clown hung at the entrance of the hall and the exit as well.

Jack o lantern scarecrow were placed at all the porches allotted for sitting and the lighting in the party hall was almost flickering and dull. Hanging Witch hat luminaries was hung from the ceiling.

Other than Elena, Mia and Jane, all the other people at the party has dressed up like mad hatter, witch, devils, bats constume, broken doll, few were in their spell caster costume inspired from Harry Potter, most of the girls have dressed themselves like sexy female pirates including Corale.

She wore the shortest skirt and kept yelling and dancing with other pirate girls in the middle of the hall.

Many fashionable evil queens were seen. Boys dressed up like creepy clowns, wolves, leopards, Dracula and vampires.

"Hey, only 3 princesses in the party??", Elena said looking around to find anyone looked similar like them.

"I feel eccentric and odd in middle of the witches and evil queens", whispered Mia.

"Don't Mia, we are here to enjoy!! Come on!!", said Jane dragging the girls to the middle of the hall and they began dancing to the song Black magic.

All the girls on the block knocking at my door

Wanna know what it is make the boys want more

Is your lover, playing on your side?
Said he loves you
But he ain't got time...
Here's the answer
Come and get it....
At a knocked down price!!!

Hey..

Full of honey
Just to make him sweet;)
Crystal balling
Just to help him see
What he's been missing
So come and get it
While you've still got time....

Hey...

Get your boy on his knees
And repeat after me, say

Take a sip of my secret potion
I'll make you fall in love
For a spell that can't be broken
One drop should be enough
Boy, you belong to me
I got the recipe
And it's called black magic
(And it's called black magic)

Take a sip of my secret potion
One taste and you'll be mine
It's a spell that can't be broken
It'll keep you up all night
Boy, you belong to me
I got the recipe
And it's called black magic
(And it's called black magic)........

................

They continued dancing for the next few songs and decided to rest a while.

"It's funny, right? Dancing as a princess in the middle of a haunting crowd", Elena panted, trying to breathe with her mouth opened.

"WTF?!!", Jane eyes widened up in shock and she her mouth dropped open.

"Don't tell me it was unplanned, Mia", she added looking shocked.

Mia was confused and couldn't guess what Jane was talking about. She turned around and looked in the direction, Jane was looking at.

Mia was startled looking at Alec. Alec has dressed up like Flynn Rider.
Alec eyes shot open wide seeing Mia in the costume of rapunzel.

"Mia, so, this is not planned. It's a complete coincidence right?", Elena laughed at her own sarcasm.

Mia couldn't reply to any of her comments. She was still in shock.
Adam and Alec joined them, his eyes darted between Mia and Alec excitedly.

'What the hell!! Why did he chose to be Flynn rider, out of all the other prince!!! Oh god, now no one will believe it to be coincidence......But to be truthful, he looks awesome and handsome....oh my god, it suits him better.....
Many have started staring at us for no reason....How will I  explain ,that  it was not planned....Corale will definitely freak out and she'll end up messing with me......' Mia thought to herself. She couldn't believe how they ended up together as a couple.

...............

Ben and Elena danced together, while Jane and Adam made up funny movements for the songs. Mia decided to rest for a while and she took a seat.

"Did you see Corale??", someone asked her from the left.

She turn around to find the person was Alec.

"Hope, someone stole your pirate!!", she smirked at him.

"Maybe!!", said Alec sitting beside her.

"Not going to rescue your pirate??", she smirked at him.

"I need no pirate!! Look, I'm Flynn rider , not a Male pirate looking for a female companion!!", responded Alec.

"Why, Flynn??", she questioned him.

"Flynn is the most wanted and  charming prince in the kingdoms of the all the Disney movies", stated Alec.

"And why rapunzel?", now it was his turn to question her.

"Because my mom bought the dress for Halloween and I had no choice other than wearing it!!",she replied, and Alec chuckled at her statement.

She couldn't help the small laugh from escaping her mouth. They laughed together grabbing the attention of others in the party.

The song 'Not a love song' was played.

Alec stood up and stretched out his hand and asked,
"Can we??"!!

Mia's cheeks blushed a bright red, seeing Alec do this in front of so many people. A light blush appeared on his cheeks and Mia couldn't help but laugh at it.

She took his hand and they moved towards the dance floor.

You're always on my mind
I think about you all the time
Um, no

Let's not talk about it
Drama, we can live without it
Catch a wave if we're bored
There's a clock we'll ignore
Find a way around it

Hey girl, I can tell there's something
Even when you say it's nothing
When you're playing with your hair
Like you just don't care
It's a tell, you're bluffing
Now please don't take this the wrong way

I love the things you do
It's how you do the things you love
But it's not a love song
Not a love song

I love the way you get me
But correct me if I'm wrong
This is not a love song
Not a love song

I love that you buy the tickets (Uh-uh)
And you don't make me watch a chick flick
We've come so far
Being just the way we are
If it's not broke, don't fix it

I can't guess the meaning
When you don't say what you're feeling
If you got a broken heart
You can punch me in the arm
Now that's what you needed (That's just what you needed)
Don't take this the wrong way (Nope)

I love the things you do
It's how you do the things you love
But it's not a love song
Not a love song

.............

They danced and laughed together, it was not a Romantic dance indeed but still they danced all night to the best song ever.

Maybe there is something special between them which is to be cherished.
They realised they always end up together somehow.

Some special moments would not have been so special without that special people who never fails to make our moments so special..

Maybe this never ends......

...........................

Hey readers!! Hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter. Stay tuned for further updates. Hope this chapter was enjoyable.

This chapter is dedicated to my friends who have supported me and cheered me up with their sweet words. Thank u people.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!!

'Life is made up of special moments which make it worth living. There are many cherished moments that are missed due to the stress and fast pace of daily living. We must slow down and remember how precious it is to be alive and to love.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 8.8K 49
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
2.9M 237K 53
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
85.4K 2.3K 13
Addison has just moved to a new town. She meets a boy on her street, Luke, who introduces her to all of his friends. Also known as the popular crowd...