❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| F O R T Y - T W O |

3.4K 614 113
By thegirlinstarydreams

All I'm saying is that I don't want to sort of fall in love with fifty different people. 

I'd rather find one person and fall completely, deeply in over my head.

***

Manik was driving back to Nandini's home to drop her . The shoot lasted longer , with much fun and enjoyment . And as it was late Manik decided he will drop Nandini down . 

Nandini was settled in the passenger seat looking at the site the renewed with photos and style , with a pout . Manik saw her with a side glance and had an urge to chuckle at her cuteness but letting it slide he asked " What happened ? Not satisfied ? "

" No , they are good . But it seem something is lacking .  But what ? " Nandini pouted looking at the site  still confused . 

"Relevance." Manik stated looking on the way . 

" what ? "  Nandini asked him in confusion . 

" Online shopping is a psychological behavior . So if you want your customers to want to buy something , you have to follow the psychological law of the behavior of purchasing . As the design of your store is much more attractive now , user's experience will be better too . But it still lacks relevance . " Manik said but it only made Nandini huff and pout as he told her the problem she already know but what's the solution of it .

" But how can I improve it ? " She asked him with a cute pout .  He smiled at her pout and said " How about drawing some comics ? You can write a short story about each of your toys. If people are attracted by the stories , they will surely want to buy your products .  "

Nandini's eyes lit up listening Manik's suggestion and she said " Good idea . I have always believed that a great designer can design and also express his feelings through it .  "

She turned towards his and with a great smile said " Dr. Manik you are very smart ."

He smiled at her compliment and said " Nandini Murthy , do you know that , when a person do something what they really likes , they shine .Like when you are with someone you really like. You are just shinning . "  

She look at him with a little confusion and little shyness as how this topic connected . Manik just smirked at her expressions and asked " Are you little into me ? "

" You ..." She started to speak listening him but a hue crept on her cheek and she looked at the other side biting her lower lip and mumbled " Narcissist . " { Narcissist - are the people who give more importance to themselves .}

Manik chuckled at her comment and then said suggesting her " You can create more characters . For example - cats , burgers , bears and MANI " 

Her eyes widened listening the last thing he suggested and she said " You know about it. " 

Manik gave her a small smile and said " Mukti is not good with secrets ." 

 She mentally made a point to give mukti a much needed reward { note the sarcasm } . But then looked at Manik and she asked " Are you angry on me ? "  

" Should I be angry on you ? " Manik asked her back with a smile . She pressed her lips into a thin smile knowing that he is not mad at her now .

They reached Nandini's home , and Manik stopped the car amd looked at Nandini saying " Here , you are home . "

She fidgeted with her fingers and very slowly asked " You wanna come in ? "

" Yeah ." Manik said making her eyes go wide as she thought to ask as a formality , but she didn't know he will say yes . 

Manik laughed at her shocked expressions and said " Just kidding . Maybe next time . " 

She gave him a smiling nod while coming back to his doctor mode he said " Don't stay up too late tonight ." 

The care and love in his voice made Nandini's inside melt . She just nodded at him like a baby and said " yeah ." 

" I will go then . Thank you . " Nandini said with a smile and removing her seat belt she moved out of the car seat . Manik waved her a little bye and waited till she went inside the house to drive his car . 

----

Amigos Cafe 

Nandini was settled in the nearly empty cafe early in the morning with Sameer and Sanjana behind her . They were watching the reactions of people on the videos of her and Manik playing with lucy advertising her toys , which she posted on her account . They reactions of the people were only making her smile as well as blush as some where complimenting them for looking good together while the others where so into the products mainly the cute cat ear hairbands . 

" We are so popular now . " Sameer said as he saw many people commented to visit the place to get the stuffs  . 

" Nandini , post the address of your store . " Sanjana said , and Nandini nodded at her posting the address of her store with her banner in the story as well as in the post and also giving the link of the website .

The trio was advertising for the store when they heard " I am here , darlings " 

The trio looked at the source of voice and saw none other than Mukti coming inside with a smile . 

" Boss , you came early ." Sameer said as from a week Mukti used to come a little late busy pursing Abhi . 

" You guys work so hard , so I have too , hence I am here ." She said settling herself on the arm of Nandini's chair and draped her arm on Nandini's shoulder , to see what she is seeing . 

" Hey have you received any orders snice the redesign ? " Mukti asked Nandini .

" It's only been a day . Orders don't come that fast . " Nandini said making Mukti understand . 

Mukti pouted at her comment but her pout soon turned into a smile as a notification came in Nandini's website . 

Nandini clicked the notification message and read " Can I buy a pair of the same band in your shop ? " 

"Yes . Do you want a pair ? " Nandini typed the reply in speed . 

"  Do you design all the products yourself you sell here ? " the customer asked . 

" Yes  , Also we can customize the product by your preference too . " Nandini typed back . 

" Judging your websites and  design I can tell you are a great fan of Madhayam ." the customer said .

Nandini smiled at the message and said " Yeah he is my idol . " 

" I like him too. " the customer said . 

" So do you want the products as the start of he sale there is 25% discount . " Nandini typed .

" Yeah , i will go and place my order." The customer said making the quad who were reading the conversation with much attention jump .

" We got an order ."  Mukti and Nandini jumped saying this . 

" Finally our business is growing . " Mukti said , Nandini nodded at her , while sameer and Sanjana started hooting for the treat  they should get . 

' Okay , I will give you all a treat tonight . " Nandini said with a smile . Nodding at her Sameer and Sanjana went to work while Mukti said " Should we ask my brother to join , he helped us too ." 

" Dr. Manik was the most helpful person . He must come . " Nandini said grinning , getting the first order after a little renovation is always an excitement . 

" I will call him now ." Mukti said with a smile and left to call manik , while Nandini looked at the confirmation mail of the order . 

----

Nandini , Mukti , Sanjana and Sameer were settled in a restaurant enjoying the  treat given by Nandini . They were having their beer sips enjoying themselves .

" thank you all . Without your support and help , I am afraid I wouldn't have make it . Especially you Mukti , Thank you .  " Nandini said with a smile and forwarded her can for Mukti to click it with hers . 

" Don't thank me . " Mukti said with a smile clicking her can with hers . They were having their meals when Mukti remembered something and with a cheeky grin she looked at Nandini and said " BY the way , you haven't said thank you to my brother . So how are you planning to repay him . " 

" He is not here yet . " Nandini said with a sad face . 

" Well , till the time he is not here , tell us about it . " Mukti said . 

" I will give him something he likes . What does he like ? " Nandini asked Mukti . Mukti smirked at the question and without a thought she answered " YOU " 

Nandini blushed at her answer while the trio hooted . 

" Shut up ." Nandini mumbled slowly which only made Mukti chuckle . They were continuing to talk when Mukti's phone rang . She looked and saw it was her brother . She thought he must be finding difficult to restaurant and picked the call . 

" Where are you bro ? " She asked her brother . 

" What ? " She exclaimed . 

" Okay , I will tell her ." Mukti said with a sad face and hanged the call . 

" what happened ? " Nandini asked Mukti . She looked at Nandini with a sad face and " Nandini , my brother said , he has to do an extra operation with Vibha so he can't come .  He said sorry . "  

" It's okay . Operations come first . " Nandini said with a little smile as she wanted Manik here , but it's okay . 

----

Next Day

Amigos Cafe 

The cafe was in full swing , customers were going in and out . Sameer and Sanjana were serving the customers while Mukti was having a hard headache  because of drinks she had last night . Nandini was working in her studio for the orders she got. 

  " Nandini , you have got a package ." Sameer said calling Nandini from down . 

Nandini came down listening Sameer , she came near Sameer and he handed her the paper bag , which had a succulent plant . She looked at the plant in confusion but her confusion soon cleared as her phone pinged with a message . She opened the message and saw it was from Manik . 

 Manik - Did you receive the succulents ? 

                Congrats on your first order . 

Nandini smiled at his messages and got to know this is a special gift from Manik and replied him . 

Nandini - Doctors are special . They give special plants . 

Manik - The florists are not open early in the morning . I was finding roses but I could only find those . If you don't like ...

Nandini - I like them . This is the first big order I got since I opened my studio . I feel one more step closer to my dream . You helped a lot . Thank you . 

She typed the message and sent him . She was waiting for his reply when she heard Mukti's voice for asking coffee from Sameer. She looked at Mukti and walking near her she taunted " I told you not to drink so much , why didn't you listen to me , now you are having a headache . "

Nandini got settled down on the the chair infront of her . 

" I was really having a good time . " Mukti pouted . 

Nandini chuckled at her and removed the succulent plant form the bag . 

  She awed at the plant and her face grew red as she saw on the pot ' Let Love Grow ' was painted . There was a congratulations card which her smile. 

Sameer came and give Mukti a cup of coffee when Mukti said " Sameer you gotta go to the hospital later ." 

" Why , is you headache that serious ? " Sameer asked being confused . 

" No , I need to go and give my brother the keys . He left them home . I really don't want to go . " Mukti said , but it got Nandini's attention . 

" Okay , I will go in the afternoon when there are less people . " Sameer said and Mukti nodded . Sameer hummed and left to his work . 

Nandini saw this and said slowly " I will go . " 

Mukti looked at her with wide eyes and said " Why ? "

" I will be buying him dinner tonight . So I will give it to him . " nandini said looking down with pink cheeks .

Mukti gulped her coffee sip in shock and looked at Nandini with wide eyes and said in excitement  " You asked him out for dinner ? Really ? You finally made a move !  "

" I am doing it to thank him for designing my store . " Nandini said not looking at Mukti . Mukti giggled at her answer which made Nandini pout and hence glared Mukti and asked " Do you want me to give him  the keys or not ? " 

" Yes , yes " Mukti said and passed the keys to her saying " Maybe in near future , they will belong to you . " 

Nandini glared her and took the keys . She took succulent plant that Manik gifted her and moved  away while Mukti looked at her grinning . 

***

❤ Chapter 42 ❤

How was it . 

Hope you like it . 

Rarely Manan , But it was like a filler which was needed . Next will have manan special , and may be some feelings . 

Precap : He is my Daddy 🤭

Stay Safe 

Love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
161K 7.6K 45
This story revolves mainly around Nandini and Manik aka Manan. This story is how both will fall in love but they won't express their love. One mistak...
245K 12.5K 24
PRIVATE CHAPTERS. Follow me to read ___ HE Loves HER SHE Loves HIM Fate played a Game with them They got Apart.. But after years..they met again, to...
43K 3K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...