dislike ↠ draco malfoy

By aqua_tic15

"I strongly dislike you, Draco Malfoy." Evangeline Hastings is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
epilogue

twenty-eight

31.5K 614 506
By aqua_tic15

The day that the Death Eaters were coming, my head was spinning. The day seemed to fly by. I could hardly pay attention in my lessons.

At nightfall that day, Draco grabbed my hand. "It's time."

I breathed in deeply. "Okay.. oh, god."

"Listen, you've got to get somewhere safe, I've got to head up to the Astronomy Tower—"

"No! I want to come with you," I said firmly.

"What— Evangeline, no, you can't."

"Draco, I—"

Before I could reply, there was a commotion from down the hall.

"They're here!" He grabbed my arm and started dragging me in the opposite direction. "Okay, you can come up—"

I followed him up the flights of stairs to the Astronomy Tower.

"You need to hide," he said. "They can't see you..."

I around. There was a table sitting on the right side. I went over and crouched low behind it.

Draco took out his wand, pointed it up at the sky, and bellowed, "Morsmordre!"

A green light shot out of his wand and ignited the sky. It was the Dark Mark.

I suddenly understood. Death Eaters casted the Dark Mark when they had killed someone. Surely this would get Dumbledore's attention, and he would come up to the Astronomy Tower.

Draco paced around the Astronomy Tower as he waited for Dumbledore to arrive.

At once, there was a commotion from below and Dumbledore ascended the Astronomy Tower steps.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco said, and Dumbledore's wand flew out of his hand.

"Good evening, Draco," Dumbledore said, his voice strangely calm. He had no idea that he was about to die.

"Who else is here?" Draco hissed.

"A question I might ask you. Or are you acting alone?"

"No," Draco replied. "I've got backup. There are Death Eaters here in your school tonight."

Dumbledore didn't seem very shocked by this fact. "Well, well. Very good indeed. You found a way to let them in, did you?"

"Yeah, right under your nose, and you never realized!" Draco exclaimed.

"Ingenious. Yet... forgive me... where are they now? You seem unsupported."

"They met some of your guards. They're fighting down below. They won't be long now. I came up here. I have a job to do," Draco stated coldly.

"Well, then, you must get on and do it, my dear boy," Dumbledore said quietly.

Why wasn't he defending himself? Why was he just standing there, as though ready to accept death?

"Draco, you are not a killer."

"How do you know?" Draco shot back. "You don't know what I'm capable of! You don't know what I've done!"

"Oh, yes, I do," Dumbledore said. "You nearly killed Katie Bell. You have been trying, with increasing desperation, to kill me all year. Forgive me, Draco, but they have been feeble attempts... So feeble, to be honest, that I have to wonder whether your heart has really been in it."

"It has been in it!" Draco said defiantly, although his voice was wavering slightly. "I've been working all year, and tonight—"

There were shouts and signs of commotion down below. My heart beated rapidly in my chest. Draco was glancing down, looking distraught.

"I see, you are afraid to act until they join you," Dumbledore said.

"I am not afraid!" Draco exclaimed. He jabbed his wand toward Dumbledore. "It's you who should be afraid!"

"But why? I don't think you will kill me, Draco. Killing is not nearly as easy as the innocent believe. So tell me, you have managed to let Death Eaters into my school, which I thought was impossible. May I ask, how did you do it?" Dumbledore inquired.

"The Vanishing Cabinet," Draco said. "In the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it."

"Very clever," Dumbledore remarked. "I take it that it has a twin?"

"In Borgin and Burkes," Draco replied coldly.

"Very good. So the Death Eaters were able to pass from Borgin and Burke's into the school to help you..that's a very clever plan, Draco," Dumbledore said calmly.

"Yeah. Yeah, it was!" Draco exclaimed confidently.

"Ah, now about tonight," Dumbledore continued, "I am a little puzzled about how it happened... you knew that I had left the school? But how course," he said, answering his own question, "Madam Rosmerta saw me leaving, she tipped you off, didn't she? She was the one who gave the necklace to Katie Bell. You put her under the Imperius Curse."

I didn't know what Dumbledore was on about. Draco put Madam Rosmerta under the Imperius curse?

"That's right," Draco confirmed. "But you said you were just going for a drink, you'd be back..."

"Well, I certainly did have a drink... and I came back... after a fashion. So you decided to spring a trap for me?"

"We decided to put the Dark Mark over the tower and get you to hurry up here, to see who'd been killed. And it worked!" Draco said.

There was the sound of fighting down below.

"There is little time, one way or another," Dumbledore said. "So let us discuss your options, Draco."

"My options!" Draco exclaimed, his voicing raising an octave. "I'm standing here with my wand— I'm about to kill you—"

"My boy, if you were going to kill me, you would have done it when I first arrived here," Dumbledore said.

"I haven't got any options!" Draco said, his face paling. "Don't you understand? I have to do it, I have to kill you. Or he'll kill me. He'll kill my whole family!"

"I can help you, Draco," Dumbledore said calmly.

Draco's wand arm shook. "You can't help me. Nobody can. He told me to do it or he'll kill me. I haven't got a choice."

Suddenly, footsteps bounded up the stairs of the Astronomy tower. Four people in black robes emerged through the door.

"Dumbledore cornered!" A woman's voice echoed. "Dumbledore wandless, Dumbledore alone! Well done, Draco."

"Good evening, Bellatrix," Dumbledore greeted.

My eyes widened. Bellatrix Lestrange? She was supposed to be one of the worst Death Eaters.

"Good evening, Albus," Bellatrix sneered.

"Do it," said another sneering voice.

"Is that you, Fenrir?" Dumbledore inquired.

Fenrir Greyback? The werewolf?

"Yeah, that's me. Pleased to see me, Dumbledore?"

"No, I cannot say that I am," Dumbledore replied.

Greyback grinned menacingly. "You know how much I like kids, Albus."

"Am I to take it that you are attacking even without a full moon now?" Dumbledore asked. "That is most unusual. You have developed a taste for human flesh."

"That's right. Does that shock you, Dumbledore? Frighten you?"

"Well, it does disgust me a little," Dumbledore said. "I am just shocked that Draco would invite you here, into the school where all of his friends are..."

"I didn't know he was going to come—" hissed Draco.

Greyback grinned. "I wouldn't miss a trip to Hogwarts. Not when there are throats to be ripped out. Delicious... I could do yours, Dumbledore..."

"No!" Bellatrix exclaimed. "We've got orders from the Dark Lord. Draco's got to do it. Now, Draco, quickly!"

Draco's hand was shaking so badly that his wand wasn't even pointed at Dumbledore anymore. His face had turned pale white.

"Now, Draco, quickly!" another wizard hissed.

Suddenly, footsteps echoed as someone else came into the Astronomy tower. It was Professor Snape. What was he doing here?

"We've got a problem, Snape," Greyback snarled. "The boy doesn't seem able to—"

"Severus..." Dumbledore said quietly.

Snape walked forward and shoved Draco out of the way.

"Severus... please..."

Snape reached into his pocket, retrieved his wand, and aimed it at Dumbledore.

"Avada Kedavra!"

The curse shot of of Snape's wand, and in a flash of green light, hit Dumbledore in the chest. Dumbledore fell backward and tumbled over the battlements like a giant rag doll.

He was dead. And Snape had killed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

716K 22.3K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
11.7K 278 114
The untold story of Alyssa Potter, Harry's younger twin sister who happened to be a not-so ordinary girl from an orphanage in a small town called Sur...
297K 7.4K 101
Its your 6th year at Hogwarts and being a silent Slytherin isn't the best combination, you kept your head down and attempted to go under the radar, t...
48K 1.8K 40
"The trouble is, we always think we have time. We only realize how little time we have until it nearly escapes our grasp, almost falling into the han...