Every Line Crossed

Od jeeinna

Rugged Series #4 Kill Legrand has everything. Growing inside a prestigiously rich family, she can have whatev... Více

Every Line Crossed
ELC1
ELC2
ELC3
ELC4
ELC5
ELC6
ELC7
ELC8
ELC9
ELC10
ELC11
ELC12
ELC13
ELC14
ELC15
ELC16
ELC17
ELC18
ELC19
ELC20
ELC21
ELC22
ELC23
ELC24
ELC25
ELC26
ELC27
ELC28
ELC29
ELC31
ELC32
ELC33
ELC34
ELC35
ELC36
ELC37
ELC38
ELC39
ELC40
ELC41
ELC42
ELC43
ELC44
ELC45
Epilogue

ELC30

191K 4.6K 1.7K
Od jeeinna

ELC30

"Patawarin mo ako..." she said while crying. I immediately press the end button of the call on my phone before my hand fell from the side of my body.

"Hindi ko gusto... kailangan lang ng anak ko... patawad..."

My stomach felt hollow the same thing as my chest does. I held my phone tightly to the point that if it's only a soft thing, it must have been destroyed now. I can't even feel a slight remorse even if I'm watching her cry in front of me.

"What are you saying?" my voice turned out cold.

"N-naaksidente ang anak ko noon, Reese... hindi ko alam kung s-saan ako kukuha ng pera pambayad sa ospital..." she said, shaking her head.

I thought I would feel different emotions as I listened to her. I thought there would be anger, pain, guilt, or even pity from what I am hearing... but I only felt void and empty.

Why?

There were a lot of things playing in my mind but that was the only thing I can say. Bakit?

"Alam kong hindi mo pa maiintidihan dahil wala ka pa namang anak pero Reese... naging desperado lang ako..."

Ganon ba yon? Ganito ba talaga ang mundo? If you are on the brink of falling on a cliff, will you really have to pull someone else so that you could push yourself up as they take your place? But what's that someone's fault?

Why do people love to pull others down to go up when they can just ask for a hand to help and pull them?

"Binayaran ni Ma'am Felize lahat ng gastos ng anak ko sa ospital pero hindi talaga kaya ng konsesya ko... gustong-gusto kong humingi ng tawad pero hindi ko alam kung saan ka makikita..." she sobbed harder.

Nagpanting ang tenga ko. Anger rushed into my blood as I heard the name. I knew it... I have my doubts on her even the first time and it was true!

I know that she hated me for stealing Six's attention on her. I thought the worst thing she can do is to throw shades on me and ruin me in the eyes of Six's parents. I thought she has an ounce of care and respect to Six because she wasn't doing anything big after she learned about us. But I guess she's just preparing for a big thing huh?

What a low-class bitch.

"Reese... patawarin mo ako..."

I balled my fist. My chest is heating up so bad because of too much frustration and anger! I chuckled sarcastically and shook my head.

"Ate, wala akong maalalang pagkakataon na ginawan kita ng masama..." I said, feeling a struck of pain. "I may not be the best person... pero ginalang naman kita. Sana kahit 'yon lang sinukli mo saakin..."

She bowed her head to me while sobbing hard.

"Believe me, I understand that you can do everything for your child..." because I'm a mother, too. "-Pero 'yon na ba ang lahat mo, Ate? Is it the best? I think not..."

She had a choice and she chose to ruin me. Desperate time calls for desperate measures is such a stupid excuse. It will never be valid especially for the person who suffered for your choices even if they are innocent from it all.

I turned my back on her to go back inside the guest room. I grabbed my bag that I placed on the bedside table before I went past the place where Ate Martha is standing. Nagpatuloy lang ako sa paglalakad sa hallway hanggang sa makarating ako sa hagdan.

"Ma'am!" I spotted my driver on the main door while I was walking down the stairs. My sight automatically darkened when I recognized who welcomed him.

I gave all my strength not to give a damn on her because I don't wanna waste another time pretending that this bitch is important. She may succeed ruining me once but that all ends there.

"You brought all my things?" I asked my driver.

"Nasa suite nyo pa po, Ma'am."

I nodded at him. "Good, I'll fix myself there before we proceed on going home."

I passed on Felize like she was just air to me. I straightly went on the main door's direction. Wala na dapat akong sasabihin kung hindi lang siya nagsalita na nakapagpatigil sa paglalakad ko.

"You just changed your name but your attitude remained the same. You still act lowly..."

My driver's eyes went to her and me. His forehead creased.

"Ma'am, excuse lan-"

"Prepare the car." I cut him even before he can say something to Felize.

"Pero Ma'am..."

"Do it."

He looks hesitant to go but he still doesn't have a choice but to follow me. I turned around to face Felize after. She greeted me with a glare.

I cannot recall any moment where I angered her because of my own doing. She was always the first one who presents herself to me, trigger me, and get angry because I feed her words that she doesn't wanna accept.

"I'm sorry but can you repeat what you said? I'm afraid I can only understand human language..." I nonchalantly said to her.

Annoyance crossed her face but she still smirked at me. She crossed her arms on her chest and walk towards me slowly like those bitches in movies. Gosh, she's so fit in those roles. She doesn't even have to act!

"Of course, mababa pa rin naman ang breeding mo. You don't even have the decency to thank the people who welcomed you warmly in this house."

I chuckled while shaking my head.

"Ah..." I nodded as I understood everything that's she's saying. "Are you saying that I'm not a Legrand? That they somehow found me in the street, give me a new name and their surname, called me their heiress. Ganon ba?"

Her eyes remained strongly glaring on me. I wonder where did she get that confidence huh? Mukhang masama sa kalusugan at dapat iwasan ng iba.

"Dear, that only happens in a movie... unfortunately we're not in one..." I smiled at her and I stepped closer but I kept my distance. "Didn't I tell you to remember every single thing you said to me? Have you?"

I saw how her smirk faltered on her face. I think I already don't need an answer to that.

"And don't worry too much about my class, I'm sure as hell I'm raised well. How about you?"

"How dare you!" she angrily exclaimed as I imagined air coming out of her nose holes as she turned red and horns started to appear on her head. That's funny... but it suits her.

"Why are you getting angry? I'm just asking you something..." I asked while chuckling.

She barked at me first! And now, she sounds like I was the one who's oppressing her! See? She brings everything to herself yet she acts like she was the victim and will try to slash me with her claws!

Who's lowly now?

"No! Hindi ako tanga! I know you're humiliating me! Well, guess what? Kahit ilang beses ka pang magpabalik-balik sa buhay namin at kahit ano pang pangalan ang gamitin mo, you will always remain the same in my eyes!"

"Oh? Who am I in your eyes, then?" I challenged her. "The one you envy?"

The way she's talking about it now, I finally figured out that she doesn't only envy me for who I am today but also who I was before even with nothing.

I thought she was the kind of person who only fights with her mouth. I was wrong. This girl played dirty on me.

"Ang kapal pa rin talaga ng mukha mo no?" she chuckled at me.

My peripheral vision caught Jem from the sidelines. She froze when she realized what's happening. I also saw how she run back to the kitchen.

I walked towards Felize and stopped directly in front of her to whisper my warning. "Don't make me start this, Felize. I know what you did before. Nice play you did there... but I can definitely show you a better game if you would want me to."

Her eyes widen when she heard what I said to her. I took a few steps backward while smirking at her.

"Which business of your family do you want me to start?"

"You... w-what are you talking a-about!"

I cannot stop my chuckle when I recognized the stutters from her proud high-pitched voice awhile ago. Scared?

"I don't know..." my smirk grew. "You tell me..."

"You bitch!"

Her steps became fast but even before she reaches me, Jem and Anne already managed to run fast to her and pull her back.

"Ma'am!"

"Let me go!"

I laughed loudly. Wow! That was fast! I just only said a few words but she's already starting to be aggressive. Gosh, people with no class doesn't really know how to hide their claws. They are too obvious. They think they are cool and powerful with what they are doing but actually, they look foolish and nonsensical.

She continued to move out of Anne and Jem's hold with her aggressive movements. She really wanna reach me huh...

I saw how the older house helps are watching on the sideline. Ate Cecile was running up on the staircase. Ate Lucy looks very worried.

"How dare you, bitch! I don't fucking know what are you saying! I don't even know what are you blaming me for! Don't you dare to lay a finge-"

"What if I dare? Can you stop me?" putol ko.

I wasn't the one who started this. I even tried my best to avoid her no matter how much I wanna slap her repeated on her cheeks.

"You can't stop me..." I said to her, mockingly.

"Let me go!" she screamed really loud.

"What the hell is happening here?" nagmamadaling bumaba ang mag-asawang Andrada.

"Felize!" Diana called her priced little girl.

Six showed up next from the staircase. His forehead is creased yet his eyes are only directed to me.

"Calm down, hija!"

"How can I calm down, Tita? That bitch is threatening me that she'll bring our businesses down!"

"What?" Diana Andrada asked, shocked and confused as she gazed at my direction. I didn't look away and stared at her just the same.

Because why would I? I'm a Legrand.

"What the hell, Felize? It's still so fucking early." the annoyed Six walked on my direction like he didn't hear what Felize just said.

That's my point! It's fucking early! Gosh, I should have been with my baby than being caught up in this stupid crowd!

"Six! Didn't you hear me? That bitch hates us! She's just probably playing a scheme to have your trust in her so that she could ruin you all after! She's just taking revenge! I heard her clearly!"

Samuel and Diana looked at me with suspicion because of what Felize said. I smirked. I know they got it within themselves. But if they really believed her, then why don't they just pull out? It's not our loss, though... it's theirs.

"Don't worry, I'm not you, so I don't play dirty..."

Revenge? What would I get from that? Just like what my mother said, revenge has no class.

"What do you mean, Miss Legrand?" Samuel Andrada asked.

It was by then that Felize stopped struggling. Her eyes are wide as she looked at me. My eyes turned to her. I felt like I just adapted my mother's ruthless smile. My eyes drifted off to the one who asked.

"Why don't you start talking about what happened 5 years ago? I'm sure Felize here can answer everything for you. In fact, she was the brain of all that drama..." I chuckled like it was nothing to me.

Lahat sila ay natigilan. Felize started to struggle once again to reach me. All eyes went on her.

"Don't tell me, you're going to believe that bitch than me, Tito? Tita? You know me for years! I would never do that! I look up so high at you, Tita! She's lying! You know that she's a liar even before!"

What does it feels to be the one receiving all the blame this time, huh? I shook my head and turn my back on them all.

"Where are you going! Face me, you ingrate! You're just ruining me because you hate me! Harapin mo na ako ngayon at ibato mo na lahat ng paninira mo saakin na hindi naman totoo!"

I sighed deeply and I turned my back once again. This is the last one because I'm really getting pissed of her voice now that my hand may automatically fly to slap her face.

"I'm sorry, but I don't fight with shallow people..." I said and look around to everyone who's just watching with mixtures of emotions displayed on their face. "So please excuse me."

I said, finally having my walk out without someone stopping me to do so.

Gosh, what a freaking morning.

"Hey..."

I stopped walking when I heard that familiar voice. I looked at the direction of the voice while removing my sunglasses. I spot Six getting up from leaning on his black Rolls Royce car as he walked towards me. My forehead creased. It's the first time I saw that car...

My eyebrow shot up. That's an expensive one. Sexy, huh...

"Do we have a meeting?" I asked him when he stopped in front of me. We both remained standing in front of our Building 5 where my office is.

"No, but can we talk?"

Hindi agad ako nakasagot. We remained staring at each other for a while. My eyes unconsciously scanned him. He was very formal here in Manila compared to how casual he is before as I recalled on my memories. He was in his white dress shirt topped by his dark blue suit. He looks very much like a ruthless CEO, competent, and unyielding.

I sighed.

"If this is about what happened yesterday, Six. I don't wanna hear anything about it. I didn't do anything to her."

"It's not about that..."

He remained serious while staring at me. His eyes are silently telling me that he will keep on insisting no matter how much I denied his request. I don't have a choice but to nod.

"I can only talk to you immediately if I don't have an early schedule. If I have one, I'm afraid you have to wait." pormal kong saad at nagpatuloy na sa paglalakad. I felt his presence right beside me.

"It's okay. Hindi naman ako abala."

My eyebrow raised again. Hindi abala, huh?

We walked side by side. A lot of employees stop to greet me, including him as well because he's with me. Napapairap na lang ako lalo na tuwing napapansin kong tumatagal ang tingin sa kanya ng mga babae. Tss.

"Good morning, Ma'am!" Emma stood up immediately when she spotted me walking towards her. Her eyes widen when she saw that someone's behind me. A mixture of curiosity flashed on her eyes but she still managed to greet him. "Good morning, Mr. Andrada!"

Six nodded at her as his response.

"Good morning, Emma. Do I have a sched?"

"Mamaya pa pong 10 AM with the Research Team. That's your only schedule this morning. You have two more in the afternoon. Tsaka po nasa desk nyo na din po yung reports from Accounting Department."

I nodded at her. "Thank you. Please don't let anyone inside until I say so."

"Okay po, Ma'am..."

I looked back at Six. Sinuklian niya lang ako ng nakasanayan niyang seryosong tingin. He's lucky, huh? I turned my back on him and walked towards my office. I felt him followed me.

I didn't waste any moment. I directly went on the couch and put my bag beside me. I sat properly while I was watching him close the door. We both fell into silence when he sat down on the solo-seater.

Akala ko ba mag-uusap kami?

"Perhaps..." I cut the long silence. "Are you talking to me through your eyes?" I said while frowning and pointing his eyes and mine.

He cleared his throat and shook his head. "I just wanna say sorry."

I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't need your sorry?"

Gosh! He's making me start being annoyed again. The fact that he's always trying to apologize just makes me remember unwanted memories. I just wanna move on from it!

Besides, I don't wanna be triggered again because God knows how much I'm trying to reconcile with him and be nice!

"I know... I just really wanna say it because you deserve one."

I chuckled sarcastically. "Sure, Six... I don't care anyway."

Pain crossed on his hazel brown eyes for a second. I don't know if what I'm seeing is right.

"Fuck... I don't even know how to justify everything that we did to you."

"How could you justify the unjustifiable?"

"Reese..."

"Kill. At least get used of my real name, Six." I looked straight on his eyes. I didn't let myself be intimidated by his thunderous presence.

"I don't know what happened after I left. I don't know if you did believe her again. If you wanna pull out from the contract because you think I'm just taking revenge, then do it. I honestly don't care about everything you do anymore."

Nagulat ako noong marinig ko ang kanyang mahinang tawa. He smirked and shook his head as he shifted his gaze away.

"You can do all the revenge you want, baby..."

My heart clenched painfully as I watch him look at the blank space. I pretended to remain in good composure when he shifted his eyes back to me.

"I won't even complain..."

My breaths started to become heavy. Why is he like this? I told him to stop doing this! Why does he keep on digging something that's not supposed to come back again?

"Six..." I called him to stop him.

"I don't mind you taking them all if that's what would it take you to forgive me."

I smiled at him sadly. My tears are threatening to fall. My heart felt so heavy while looking at him. This is the man I loved... the man who hurt me...

"But I'm not like that..."

"That made it harder..." he said with a painful smile.

Oh my god...

"We didn't know about everything Felize had done. Martha admitted it all to us after you left. We felt betrayed and played too. And Feli—"

"Can you stop mentioning her? I told you, I don't care."

She's nothing in my world. Why would I waste my time knowing what happened to her? If she was forgiven, then good for her. If she got what she deserve, then good for the world.

"I just felt like it's necessary to let you know that your name is clean—"

I chuckled at him sarcastically like what he just said is the biggest bullshit I ever heard.

"My name was never tainted... you're the only ones who thought it was." I said with distaste while looking blankly at him.

Muling dumaan ang sakit sa mata niya. I chose to look away than to see it. We both became quiet.

"And I will be regretting it for the rest of my life, Kill..." he said with his pained and low voice.

My head started to wander off. It went beyond the pain that I was feeling. I was seeing him. I don't know... but the look that he was giving me was adding up with my pain. Dapat nga matuwa ako dahil nararamdaman niya rin yung sakit na nararamdaman ko. That all along, I wasn't the only one that was hurting... but why?

Why is it painful to watch him like this?

"I'm sorry..." he said after a series of our conversation exchange, standing up from his seat. "I think I'm already bothering you too much. I must go."

I nodded at him. Hindi ko pa din siya malingon ng diretso dahil sa halo-halo kong nararamdaman.

"Six..." I called him when he's about to open the door.

I look up to him and I saw how he turned to me. My heart thumped fast and my hands turned cold.

"W-when are you free?"

His forehead creased. "Why?"

Aza... this is for you.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

19.1M 225K 36
Meg is a bitch--and she continues to be one upon knowing that Daniel only married her for his wealthy grandfather's inheritance. But when secrets fro...
1.5M 35.7K 43
Everything was so easy for Atty. Ezekiel Ricoh Verdad. Nagawa niya pang pumasa sa board exam ng walang kahirap hirap. Pero ginulo ng isang babae ang...
101K 2.7K 44
In fact, you're already mine since day one, do you hear me? Eres mío, pumpkin. [Hans Gabriel stand-alone story.]
24.5M 714K 34
She was kidnapped by the mafia prince, Lander Montenegro, at the age of five. He stole almost half of her life, so it's only fair that he repays her...