Dragon Ball - Super GT: A Cha...

By fire_drifter

The final battle for Earth has been sent into a tail spin by an unexpected twist of fate... In the form of a... More

Act I: Regret
Act II: Desperate Earth
Act III: A God's Game
Act IV: Lonesome Battle
Act V: The Brother's Wrath
Act VI: Final Test
Act VIII: New Hope

Act VII: Death of the Dragon

55 0 0
By fire_drifter

Naeb was terrified. Freiza was here?! How? How did they find him and his family?
Omega leered the new arrivals with disgust and suspicion. "What do you want?"

"Oh, you should know." Frieza said. "Or do you not know the legend of the "Artifacts" that have been embedded in your chest? I want my wish."

Kayl stood up beside Omega, ready to fight, but Omega held out his arm blocking him from going any further.

"Listen very carefully: You're out of their league. Take your brothers and run. Get as far away from here as you can." Omega ordered.

"But you can't' fight them alone in your condition! You are drained! You'll die!" Ruco protested.

"Then I die." Omega Shenron said. "Now run."

"Looks like the big bad shadow dragon has grown a soft spot for the Saiyans!" Cell laughed. "What do you say we kill them first and make him watch?" Cell charged up an energy beam in his hand, a devious smile on his face.

"I SAID RUN!" Omega snapped to Kayl, throwing a Ki blast volley from his hands at the aggressors.
There was no more arguing from that point. Naeb grabbed both Kayl and Ruco by the arm and burst in the air, dragging them behind him. He didn't get far before Cooler teleported into their path.

"Leaving so soon?" He said, waving his finger back and forth in a "No-no" fashion.

Omega teleported in between them so quickly, Cooler didn't have time to respond before he was grabbed and punched out of the way.

"GO!" Omega snapped to the Saiyans. Naeb then took off again.

"We can't just leave him!" Ruco protested.

"Let go of me!" Kayl snapped to his brother, trying to pull away.

"Are you deaf, boy?!" Naeb snapped. "You can't fight them, it's a no contest!"

Kayl yanked his hand away and continued to follow Naeb. "I can run away just fine without you holding my hand!" He snarled.

"Just hurry up!" Naeb snapped. "We don't have a lot of..."

Suddenly they stopped. All three of the brothers sensed it! Naeb didn't need his scouter to tell him several... somethings with massive power levels were heading this way. There was nowhere to run, all he could do was hide Ruco, and hope that Kayl would stay put.

"Ruco, hold onto me!" Naeb grabbed Kayl and prepared to instant transmit.

"Stop taking my hand!!" Kayl snapped. But before they could teleport, Nappa hit them with his breaker canon. Omega saw what happened and let out a roar as all three Saiyans plummeted from the sky.

But he wasn't the only one furious. For as Omega's rage built, so did the rage of Beerus.

Because the last person you want to anger is a god of destruction.

Vegeta didn't like what he was sensing as he flew over the Planet with Goku and the Others. He was sensing chaotically high-power levels besides Omega Shenron's! Not only that, but their target's energy was much weaker than before, and frantic! But why?

They got the terrible answer as they flew over the next hillside! In their field of view was Freiza, Cooler, Cell, Raditz and Nappa!

"What the hell?!" Goku exclaimed.

"Well, look who's here..." Freiza sighed. "An uninvited guest, as usual."

Those moments of distraction gave Beerus more than enough time to teleport over to Ruco, Naeb, and Kayl. They were dazed, but still alive. They'd come around in a few moments.

Omega, however, was assuming the worst. He was going to make Nappa pay for what he did!

"I'LL BURY YOU!!" Omega charged at Nappa, knocking him into the air, and proceeded to go into a dragon rush! Pulling off shattering combo hits, multiple teleports, and finished with a giant energy blast!

Raditz was onto this, and was getting ready to counterattack Omega, but before he could do anything, Beerus teleported behind Raditz and grabbed him by the tail, yanking it so hard Raditz fell over!

"Buzz off! You're ruining my fun!" Beerus snapped and started spinning Raditz by his tail over his head! He then threw Raditz into the air and fired a Ki beam that scorched him good!

"Oh, looks like the kitty-cat has some spunk..." Cell laughed. "You do know you're playing with gods, don't you?"

"Believe me, none of your side make the cut for a god..." Beerus glared at Cell.

"Oh, really? Well then..." Cell threw his hands up in the air. "I guess I'll have to prove you wrong in that aspect, won't I?" Cell then threw a volley of destructo-discs at Beerus, who then countered with his Destructive Ki wave, scattering the discs away from him!

Unfortunately, he was too busy with the discs, that he didn't see Cell powering up his Kamehameha wave! He fired it at Beerus while he was warding off the destructo-discs!

That one moment set off Whis! He could no longer stand idly by! He teleported between the Kamehameha wave and Beerus, deflecting the attack with a wall of Ki energy!

By this point, Ruco, Naeb, and Kayl had regained their bearings from Nappa's breaker cannon blast. Vegeta, Goku, and the other Z Warriors had also noticed them.

"Kayl?! Isn't he dead?!" Vegeta exclaimed as he and Goku landed near Kayl and his brothers. "What the hell is going on here?!"

"It's a long story, my prince..." Naeb said, immediately recognizing Vegeta. "Now, what do we do about the situation?"

"For starters, you should get back a safe distance!" Goku advised.

"No! Not a chance!" Ruco protested.

"Exactly! You think I'd miss this?" Kayl agreed.

"Poor choice, Saiyan..." Freiza fired off his death beam from a fingertip, aimed straight at Naeb!

Omega sensed this in advance, and threw himself at Naeb, Kayl, and Ruco, tackling them out of the way just as the beam left Freiza's finger! It barely missed them, going straight over their heads as Omega Shenron teleported with all of them behind a rock. He was starting to feel fatigued. The earlier fight with Beerus was starting to take its toll.

"Why won't you leave?!" Omega asked. "You're just putting yourselves in danger!"

"Why would I leave a friend?" Ruco said, surprising everyone. "I know, it's crazy. But you risked everything to bring back my brother and are still risking it! I can't let you do it alone."

"You should consider this praise, Omega." Kayl said, cracking a grin. "It takes a lot for Ruco to call someone 'friend' and if he will stay, then so will I."

"...Fine. Ditto." Naeb agreed reluctantly. "We are family, after all."

"Family?" Cooler laughed as if it was all a joke. "Touching speech, but let's see what this bond is really worth!" He shot a ki blast volley from his hands at them, but the three brothers and Omega dodged them all! Not one of Cooler's shots connected! Raditz and Nappa then rose up between them!

"Kayl! Ruco! Remember Challis IV?" Naeb said.

"Way ahead of you!" Kayl then shot a Full-power energy wave at Nappa from his hand, while Ruco fired a Ki blast Barrage, blanketing the entire area! Raditz was able to deflect some of the shots that were in his direction.

Neither of them noticed Naeb charging up his own Breaker Cannon shot. He let loose with a mighty yell and fired the beam straight at Nappa. It hit dead on, sending Nappa flying towards Kayl! He had no time to respond as Kayl kicked Nappa straight in the gut, then did a roundhouse spinning kick to send him flying into a hillside! Nappa was out of the fight. For now.

"Not bad!" Vegeta complimented.

"Incoming!" Goku shouted. Naeb looked up and saw Cell charging another Kamehameha wave! "Switch up!" Naeb shouted, motioning to Vegeta. The three shot off in different directions, as Vegeta rushed to the center where the three once stood. He charged up his Gallick Gun technique and fired just as Cell let loose with his Kamehameha wave! A beam struggle then ensued between the two!

Meanwhile, The Saiyan trio of brothers focused on triple teaming Raditz next!

"This isn't fair! This is three against one!" Raditz whined as he struggled to block Kayl and Ruco's rapid punches and kicks as he was rushed!

"Then you should have picked your sides more carefully, Raditz!" Naeb said, firing his Breaker Canon beam at Raditz just as Ruco and Kayl zoomed away in flight. Raditz countered with his Double Sunday beam blast! So far, Raditz was barely holding Naeb back!

Ruco and Kayl then joined in to overpower Raditz! Ruco with a Full-power energy beam, and Kayl with his signature Blast Cannon! They combined their beams with Naeb's, tripling the output of energy! Raditz was instantly overwhelmed and sent flying into the sky!

Goku meanwhile, was facing down Freiza, while Cooler was occupied with Omega Shenron!

"Just what happened to make you change so drastically Omega?" Goku asked as they were circled around by Freiza and Cooler. "Last time we met, you had an unquenchable blood lust and a chip on your shoulder the size of a galaxy. Now you are fighting to defend this family of Saiyans?"

"I had to learn the error of my ways, Goku." Omega replied. "It just took me a while. Beings can change. Even a shadow dragon with a galactic-size chip on his shoulder..." He cracked a friendly grin.

Frieza fired off an energy wave from his hand, in an attempt to catch the two off-guard. Omega and Goku teleported out of the way, as the wave missed.

"You may have your new friends convinced, but I won't be swayed so easily after all everything that you did..." Goku said, retaliating against Freiza with a Ki blast volley.

"I wouldn't have expected otherwise from you, Goku." Omega said.

"Oh, please!" Cooler said, his red eyes ablaze. "You should be worried more about your own well-being!" Goku turned to see Cooler firing an energy beam straight at him!

Goku retaliated with a Kamehameha wave! Another beam struggle was on! Goku was caught off-guard at how much stronger Cooler had become since their last meeting! Unbelievably, he was on par with Super Saiyan 4! Combine that with his previous battles not long ago, and he was really pushing his limits!

"What's the matter, Goku? Can't take the heat?" Cooler taunted, pouring on more power into his beam.

"No... I can't give up now..." Goku poured out more energy into his Kamehameha, but it was barely enough to hold Cooler back!

Omega then surprised Goku by firing a Blast Cannon into the wave, combining his attack with Goku's! They quickly overpowered Cooler's energy beam, sending Cooler flying into another hillside!
Goku turned to Omega Shenron. "What... Why did you help me?" Goku asked, confused.

"I have changed, Goku." Omega replied, trying to fight off his exhaustion. "I don't know how else to prove it to you..."

Goku, after a pause, gave Omega a smile. "Perhaps you have changed."

Suddenly, a blast came out of nowhere from behind Omega Shenron! It pierced his torso, shattering the Dragon Balls embedded in his chest!

Omega Shenron's face twisted into excruciating pain, as blood ran from his gaping mouth! He dropped out of the air and started to plummet to the ground! Goku was left speechless, as the shards of the Dragon Balls were scattered to the wind!

Everyone else seemed to sense what happened and stopped fighting! They looked to the wounded Shadow Dragon, falling from the sky!

Goku forced himself to regain his senses and flew down to catch Omega Shenron before he impacted the ground! He caught him and slowed their descent just in time, laying him onto the ground.

"Omega!" Goku snapped.

"I'm... Sorry, Goku..." Omega Shenron said, coughing up blood. "This... Is my time... It is my punishment, and a fitting one... for all the pain and suffering I've wrought..." The life started to dim in his eyes.

"No, Omega! Stay with me! We need the Dragon Balls to wish earth back! We need you! Don't quit on me now!" Goku shook Omega Shenron, trying to keep him awake and alive.

"I... now wish... it could have been different..." Tears ran from Omega's eyes, as he put a hand on Goku's shoulder. "You have... so much more to live for... besides fighting... now live for it... live as if... it was your last... day..." Omega's eyes then completely lost their light, as he head drooped back, limp. His hand slid off of Goku's shoulder, leaving a bloody smear. Omega Shenron, the mighty Shadow Dragon, was dead.

"No! Oh God, no! No, no, no! NO!" Goku cried out in despair. He broke down, clenching a fist in sorrow and rage as tears escaped his own eyes, unable to keep them locked in. He had failed to save Earth!

The battlefield was silent, except for Goku's silent breakdown. Everyone was stunned. Rooted to the spots they stood, all their eyes on the scene. Even Frieza and his crew were affected.

Then, there was a blur that teleported into view. A great, burly figure with green-golden hair, wearing an ancient Saiyan garb. One word rumbled out of his throat.

"Kakarot..." It growled deeply.

It was then, that everyone figured out the truth! They now knew who fired the energy beam that killed Omega Shenron, the one who had now doomed Earth itself!

It was Broly! The Legendary Super Saiyan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707 2 20
It has been five years since the defeat of Omega Shenron. Five years since Goku left with the Dragon of Earth, Shenron to train. Five years of peace...
14.9K 482 21
Vegeta, the Prince of the Saiyans, only wishes to beat his rival Goku (aka Kakarot as he endearingly calls him) and attain the one thing the Saiyan r...
455K 7.7K 83
With the age of conflict now behind them (Goodbye Moro and Frieza!), The Earth is now at peace once again.Our migthy warriors have moved on , Vegeta...
4.1K 78 24
["The Super Saiyan Girl" book #2!] Seven years have passed since the defeat of Cell and the death of Son Goku. Life on Earth has been peaceful, but o...