RAGE IN ROYALTY (BOOK 2 OF GU...

By Mikateko_Ngobeni

Royal rivalry More

Prologue
Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Insert 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Episode 68
Episode 69
Episode 70
Episode 71
Episode 72
Episode 73
Episode 74
Episode 75
Episode 76
Episode 77
Episode 78
Episode 79
Episode 80(Part I)
Episode 80(Part II)

Episode 32

3.5K 164 5
By Mikateko_Ngobeni

He promised. He promised her never to take any more lives. Betso sat around the lunch table with her sons with uncomfortable silence as a guest of honor. Mxolisi eventually felt compelled to ask, regardless of his mother's mood.
"Mom?", he poked.
"Hm?", she wore a fake smile and made sure to master it.
"Are you okay? You're too quiet"
"I am fine. I'm just tired. I tire easily these days",she lied.
"Is the baby heavy?", he asked and Lwandile laughed lightly, forcing Betso to laugh as well.
"Not really but they do affect how your normal body functions"- Betso
"Are you sad that we're leaving?", Lwandile asked.
"No and yes. Of course I'm going to miss you but it's only for the weekend", she tried to assure. The last thing she needed was them finding out that their father was arrested for murder. The sooner they left, the better it would get for her to think of a solution to get him out of there.
"Okay. I'm trying to text dad so he can be here when we leave but he's not replying", Lwandile informed as he checked his phone. Betso swallowed her juice forcefully down her throat before she could reply.
"He's probably in a meeting. You know he doesn't want to be disturbed", she smeared her lie with more, already exhausted with wearing her normal self over what she was really feeling. The intercom rang and she stood up to attend to it.
"That must be your driver", she said before leaving the table.
"Aren't you burning in that jacket?", Lwandile questioned Mxolisi and laughed.
"Ftsek", Mxolisi sneered before laughing as well.
"You look like one of those girls who hide pregnancies under oversized dry macs", Lwandile continued to mock him.
"Couldn't you wear denim instead of that bomber jacket?"
"This was the first thing I found. Besides, it hides the arm well so...", he explained and Betso came back.
"Your car is waiting for you outside. Off you go", she informed and they both stood up to hug her.
"But I think it's time we drove ourselves mom. Don't you think?", Mxolisi tested her patience intentionally.
"For what good reason?"-Betso
"We're old now. Re banna nnou"(We're men now)
"Not in this house baby", she said and they all laughed. She hugged them both at once and kissed their cheeks, wishing them safe travels. Mxo wheeled out their shared suitcase as Lwandile walked in front of him. Betso waited for them to be completely out of sight before taking out her phone and calling Manqoba.
"Makoti", he answered. She began explaining everything to him, everything that was said during the arrest.
"I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning"- Manqoba.
"He can't sleep in there please come today"
"Muzi is tougher than you think you know?"
"Still. I won't be comfortable knowing he's spending the night in there. I am begging you. Besides, you have to leave before the boys get there to avoid having to explain to them what really went down", she sputtered unstoppably. Manqoba exhaled. Then agreed. She thanked him and began looking for her car keys so she could go see Muzikayise. A picture of Bongiwe randomly flashed in her brain and she felt a cramp traveling down her tummy. She waited for it to end and continued with her business.

...

Enhle sat on her bed daydreaming about her stolen moments with the doctor. Some thoughts sent strong butterflies in her stomach and she pressed her thighs together to get her misbehaving lady bits in line. Manqoba walked into the room, gave her a loving "Hey baby" and went to the closet. Her explanation for her disappearance was that she had went to the hospital. He apologized for walking out on her and she accepted it. Her thoughts were rushing to be some place else. When she saw him walking in there, she followed him. She found him packing his clothes into a black gym bag.
"Going somewhere?"
"Yeah. Muzi has been arrested. I need to do some damage control", he divulged as he carelessly folded the clothes.
"Since when do you pack for yourself?"
"I do everything myself these days. Besides, your hand is hurt", he said and she was left wondering what the cold tone in his voice meant.
"You're sleeping at Betso's house?", she asked suspiciously as she learned against the door, wearing nothing but his shirt. He nodded and zipped up the bag. She admired how his muscles were flexing as he moved about. She walked closer to seduce him and he immediately said,"Not now". He then walked out and she marched to the bed to fetch her phone.

You better keep your hands off of my man since yours is not around. - Enhle

That's the message she sent to Betso before heading to the shower, preparing for an impromptu date with the good doctor.

...

"You're still not willing to talk?", detective Nkomo was running out of patience with Muzi.
"Why am I here exactly?", Muzi asked as he leaned back on his chair, also tired of being asked the same thing a million times.
"This is the third murder you're found in connection with. I'd be dammed if you slipped through our fingers this time"
"In connection with? Do you have the evidence to support this statement?"
"You were seen leaving with this man from his daughter's funeral"
"And?"
"There's a witness that saw you putting a gun behind you when you walked out of that room you were both in"
"I carry a gun everywhere I go Nkomo"
"What for?"
"Protection",Muza stated coolly and kept eye contact with the frustrated detective.
"What do you need protection from?"
"Not that it's any of your business but a lot is happening in this world"
"You mean the world you think you own just because you have money?"
"Please speak language I'll be able to understand"-Muzi
"What?"
"I do not understand a word you just said"
Nkomo gave him a threatening look"
"Detective, you and I both know that you have no reason to keep me here. Unlike you, I have better things to do so when can I get out of here?"
"Also, how did you manage to get this warrant you're always throwing in my face?", Muzi added.
"I'm not the only one who is tired of your crap"
"Touché"
"I am not the late detective Mangena. You will not play on my head boet"
"Understood.
When am I getting out of here before I take legal action? It won't be cute once I do. Trust me"

...

The boys eventually arrived. Melo was already outside to welcome them. They shared fist bumps and a couple of laughs. Evelyn heard the noise as she was watering her flowers at the back of the house and went to the front to go greet them. Laughter filled the whole yard as they exchanged raillery. Evelyn suggested that they walk inside the house and Mxo immediately alerted that he had to be elsewhere. He took off his jacket and handed it to her. She took it and placed it over her arm.
"But you just got here", Evelyn complained.
"I know gogo I'll be quick. I promise"
"Okay. Just be careful okay?"
He kissed her cheek and nodded. The rest of them walked into the house as he walked out. Darkness was beginning to adorn the sky. He called Ndalo to surprise her since she was only expecting him to arrive the next day.
"Hey baby"- Ndalo.
"Sthandwasami. U busy?"(My love. Are you busy?), he asked breathlessly, trying to catch his breath as he's been running.
"Ngigeza izitsha. Wena?"(I'm washing the dishes. You?)
"Where's your mom?"
"I told you that she's leaving nje"
"Are you alone?"
"Nope. I'm with my sister. Or babysitter if you like", she said and left.
"Can you come out?", he asked and she freezed. Suddenly her brain stopped walking. It was easier just dating him over the phone.
"Ndalo?"
"Hm?"
"Ngicela ukuk'bona"(Can I see you?)
"Okay", she agreed voicelessly. He cut the call and waited against the ruins of an old and delapidated house. With his direction, Ndalo finally arrived. She tried to speak but he greeted her with a kiss instead. This startled her but she closed her eyes when she finally grasped the gist of his actions. They both smiled when they broke the kiss. Mxo placed his forehead against hers and his hands on her waist. She felt the coldness of his skin due to the evaporation of his sweat, entangled with the smell of his applied scent.
"I missed you so so bad", he whispered and she giggled.
"I missed you too", she whispered back.
"I promised my grandma that I wouldn't be long but I just had to see you"
"So you're leaving now?", she sadly asked, hoping he would say something different. He nodded.
"Something bad recently happened in the fam so she has reason to worry, but I promise to take you out and we'll spend the whole day together. Okay?", he tried to pacify her and brushed her chin. She nodded in approval. He went in for another kiss and tightened the hug between them. She felt his growing erection and couldn't hide how alarmed she was.
"Yini?"(What?), Mxo asked.
"You're poking me"
He snorted and looked down.
"You had better get used to it. I am attracted to you Ndalo. My body can't help it. I legit have no say in this"
He explained and she laughed in a single breath, shyly. She was also trying to mask away how her own body was reacting in his presence. His phone ran and he took it out to have a look. 'Gogo Eve' was calling.
"See what I mean?", he said to Ndalo before answering the call. His other hand was still around her.

"Gog'?"
"Yeah I'm okay. I'm on my way"
"Sharp"

"I really have to go baby", he begged. She understood and he picked her up without any warning whatsoever. She screamed and laughed all at the same time.
"Wenzani?!"(What are you doing), she couldn't stop laughing.
He backed her against the wall and planted a series of wet kisses on her neck, with his hands holding on to her thick thighs.
"Mxo...", she was fast running out of breath. He put her down and pulled his jeans up, fixing their position over his briefs.
"Ngiyak'thanda Buhlebendalo uyezwa? Ngik'thanda enye into ayichazeki saan", he hoarsely stated while caging her in on the wall with his arms. She was about to respond when his phone rang again. He stole a kiss from her lips and walked her home. When he was sure she was in, he ran back home.

...

When Manqoba arrived at Betso's house, she welcomed him in and he placed himself on one of the bar stools in the kitchen, asking for food. She dished up for him and poured juice for the both of them. Manqoba stood up to go look for alcohol in her fridge. He knew it had to be there if Muzi lived in that house full time. He found a Heineken dumpie and went back to his seat. He then popped it open with his teeth.
"Uthi kwenzeken?"(What exactly happened?)
"The police arrived here and arrested him for the murder of some man. When I went there to visit him, they refused"
"Who refused?", Manqoba asked as his spoon dug into his plate.
"A detective Nkomo"
"Nkomo?"
"Yes"
His phone began vibrating before he could interrogate the matter any further.
"Gumbi?", it was one of the guards.
"E phuma? Ngale skhathi? Uphuma uyaphi?"(Going out? At this hour? Where is she going?), he questioned and checked his wrist watch.
"So nina nithathana nama bribe from unkosikazi these days?"(So you're now taking bribes from my wife now?)
"If it's not you then who is it?", fury was burning around his temples. He let out a very heavy breath.
"Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'll reward you when I get home", he cut the call and threw the phone on the marble table top.
"Is everything okay?", Betso was afraid to ask but she did anyway. He raised his eyes to her once and took the phone in his hand again.
"B'thelezi. I need you to follow and find someone for me". Betso excused him and his phonecall but couldn't help putting two and two together, getting a perfect four...

UNEDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 22 24
can't wait for the adventures of these two!
2.1K 204 9
"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫".
42.9K 2.2K 45
****WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT****