Hate To Love You... (Hawks/Ke...

By Raphewel122

Keigo Takami, Number 2 Hero in Japan and Japan's heartthrob. The hero who broke all the rules to make them hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chaptet 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
~ Authors Note ~

Chapter 22

12.3K 462 595
By Raphewel122

Holding back a laugh, I arch a brow as I watch Keigo sticking his tongue out toward Amai who's currently being held back by Rumi to prevent her from ripping Keigo's wings off his body and shoving them down his throat. A giggle leaving my lips when Amai throws her slipper toward us and hits Keigo in the back of his head making him squeal and whine, pouting toward her before kissing my cheek in front of her for payback. Rumi wolf whistling in the back with a laugh when Amai tackles her.

They're crazy. I swear.

Shaking my head, I flick Keigo's forehead making him chuckle and stick his tongue out before ruffling his feathers, spreading his wings to full span. Showing off in a way with a grin. Winking playfully toward me as I spread my own wings, hitting his wing with my own playfully. The male hitting mine back before running ahead and swooping into the air before I can yank some of his feathers out with a giggle. Without a moments hesitation, I push myself into the air and giggle to myself as I catch up to him.

The male grins and zooms off ahead making me giggle and chase after him, flying straight through a cloud into try and catch up to him. A grin on my lips as I overtake him and fly above him, the male turning over to face me with a chuckle. Keigo pokes my nose as I blow a raspberry, the pair of us soaring through the air, flying around each other and through the clouds. Keigo managing to catch some white fluffy cloud into his blonde hair making me squeal with laughter.

Chuckling, Keigo swoops in front of me making me halt in my place, the male poking my nose softly. Scrunching my nose playfully, I watch as he looks around, a small hum to himself as he checks the watch wrapped around his wrist. Possibly to check how long we have until our reservations.

It was rather exciting, if I'm being honest.

I mean, if you told my high school self that one day I'd be dating my high school bully, I'd tell you that you're crazy and I'd probably laugh in your face. It would be unbelievable. It didn't seem possible considering how badly I was treated... but... I don't know why... but I feel happy about it. I couldn't believe that Keigo wanted to ask me out to dinner. Sure, he's asked many girls to dinner and sure, he's not what you consider 'pure' but I'm really excited about this.

"So how was your patrol?" I ask as we begin our descent, giggling when Keigo just stops moving his wings altogether and just free falls like it's no big deal, "Anything major?"

"It was quiet, which is great for me so I can spend more time with you," he says, blowing me a kiss as his feet touch the ground, the male resting his hands on my hips to help me to my feet, pressing a kiss to my nose when I'm grounded making me giggle, "Be prepared to have the full Keigo Takami date experience,"

"Ooh~ How exciting~" I tease, leaning against him as we walk into a rather prestigious restaurant that seemed rather high class. A place that many heroes had attended to have meals themselves with friends and family and partners to get away from fans. It's a fan free zone. Which was great.

That was one thing that I was dreading.

Keigo, obviously, had a rather huge fan base. I swear that wherever he goes, eyes are always on him. He's always got fans trailing after him pining for a photo or an autograph or something along those lines. He's adored by everyone. He's more popular than Endeavor (but that's easy to do after all). Everyone wanted a piece of Keigo. Who wouldn't? He's cheeky, he's fun, he's mischievous and he's attractive. He's so attractive. What girl wouldn't say no to him?

I just hoped that now... if we were to be an item and we will be together for real... that he'll be tethered to me and loyal. That if a girl came up to him and made an advance, that he'll push them away and tell them no. That he's with someone and he's happy.

If not, Amai will stay true to her threat.

As Keigo and I walk into the restaurant, my eyes widen like saucers. It's so fancy! They had a huge aquarium cube in the middle full of koi fish and many other fish. A small coral reef at the bottom that some fish were hiding in. Huge marble pillars keep the ceiling from collapsing, a lovely white marble effect brushing through the whole restaurant with velvet red carpets and polished white tiles. Brown polished tables stand tall with white table clothes and black velvet chairs. God, I haven't even been here five minutes and I'm so nervous about eating in here! What if I make a mess?!

While Keigo talks to the maître'd, I look around the restaurant at the heroes scattered around the floor. Endeavor, in the corner of the restaurant, sitting at the table with his three children, his youngest son (who I've seen on tv) looking like he really didn't want to be there. Ryuku sitting with what I'm assuming is her fiancé with a giggle leaving her lips, looking gorgeous as ever.

Oh my god... is that Yu?!

Before I could even begin to avert my gaze, a huge squeal breaks through the comfortable silence that hung over the restaurant. The cream coloured female's purple eyes sparkling with glee as she waves excitedly my way chasing a chuckle from Keigo as he waves toward Yu and Kamui who appear to be on a date. A small groan leaves my lips as I shyly hide my face in Keigo's arm and wave sheepishly toward my best friend who bursts into a fit of laughter as Keigo leads me toward their table. The male wanting to embarrass me, it seems.

"Oh my god! I didn't know you two were going out," Yu squeals, clapping her hands excitedly making me whine and rub the back of my head, "If you were going out you should have told me! I could have picked your outfit!"

"It's fine, Rumi did," I reply softly, blushing embarrassed as Keigo coos playfully my way and hide my face in his shoulder.

"I managed to worm my way in," Keigo gloats with a grin, kissing my cheek making me whine and roll my eyes, burying my face in his shoulder making Yu squeal excitedly, "It's our first date,"

"Awww," Yu coos, giggling when I glare playfully toward her and stick my tongue out, "How did you get past Amai? The girls scary as fuck,"

"I'm quite the charmer, Yu," Keigo boasts with a grin, chuckling when I playfully hit his chest and a small glare, "She fell for my beautiful looks~ No one can say no to me,"

"Oh please, you look like a garbage bag," Yu hums, giggling when I choke on a laugh and hide my bright red face in Keigo's shoulder making Keigo whine and playfully flick my arm, "So are you two legit?"

"Not yet, I'm still on trial," Keigo says humming, rubbing my arm as I rest my head against him, smiling when Yu coos, "Hopefully it'll become more than just friends,"

"I see... well! Enjoy your date!" Yu wishes, sending us a bright smile before standing up, wrapping her hand around Keigo's tie and yanking him toward her making him yelp slightly. The pair face to face, Yu giving him intimidating eye contact, the woman gritting her teeth; "But if you ever hurt her, I will hunt you down and crush you under my foot. You treat her like a queen or so help me, I will rip your wings off and shove them down your throat. Capeesh?"

"Y — yeah," Keigo stutters, straightening himself out when Yu lets go of his tie, the girl going back to her chirpy demeanour as she waves us off. A giggle leaving my lips as we sit down at our table and Keigo finally breathes a sigh of relief, "I don't know how many threats I can take, I've never had that many in a space of two hours,"

"What? Can't take it?" I tease, resting my elbows on the table as I rest my chin on my hands with a faint smile, "Is the Big Bad Bird intimidated?~"

"Well, I would get threatened every day if it meant having a date with you," Keigo says making me whine and hide my blushing face, my ears beginning to grow warm as he chuckles, "You know... I never thought you'd say yes to me... considering our background,"

"To be honest, neither did I," I reply, eyes scanning over the menu slightly with a small smile as I take a deep breath, "I thought I'd never see you again when I left high school, I thought I'd managed to dodge a bullet... but then you showed up at work and my life suddenly crashed,"

"Can I ask a question?" Keigo says, thanking the waiter after we both order our meals and drinks, clearing his throat as his eyes focus toward me when I nod, "Would you want any other model?"

"Honestly, no," I reply with a small smile, watching his shoulders sag in relief as he leans into his chair and relaxes, "I thought it was going to be terrible but you managed to prove me wrong. Sure, making out with girls in the dressing room still pissed me off but other than that you were great,"

"Again, I am extremely sorry about that," Keigo apologises, his eyes casting down to my wrist before clearing his throat and looking toward me, "Look... about high school —"

"It's fine, Keigo, I'm over it," I reply, cutting him off as I take a sip of the water at the table, watching him sigh gently, "You've proved yourself time and again,"

"No, I just... let me do this," he says, smiling gently when I nod his way and give him my full attention, watching as he tries to psych himself up, "What I did to you, was wrong. It was horrible... I... looking back I know that I was a horrible person and I really don't deserve you. I don't deserve taking you on a date, I know that but... why... why did you forgive me so easily?"

"Being a makeup artist is my dream job," I reply, shrugging to myself as I look toward him with a small smile, giggling when his eyes soften, "I didn't want to mess it up and I wasn't going to let you ruin my chances. I'm not that shy girl in the corner anymore that let people walk all over me. I don't allow people to take advantage of me anymore, because of you,"

"Wow..." he mumbles, quite shocked as he sips at his drink, "You know... you are amazing. If it were anyone else, they would have gouged my eyes out,"

"Oh believe me, I wanted to," I reply with a giggle, thanking the waiter as he arrives with our food. My mouth salivating at the sight of a rather majestic looking plate of sushi with the dips and sauces in fancy little bowls, "I wanted to pluck your feathers off one by one until you were a bare chicken and then get Endeavor to fry you,"

"Graphic much?"

"You did ruin my high school years," I reply arching a brow as I grab my chopsticks, giggling as he digs into his yakitori without hesitation, "I hated your guts... but... I guess you managed to redeem yourself,"

"Oh yeah? Am I that amazing?" Keigo jeers, laughing as I flip him off and grab a sushi between my chopsticks, "Did my boyish charm reel you in? Or was it my gorgeous hair?"

"Don't get too big headed, mister," I hum playfully, smiling as he grabs the stick that the yakitori was pierced with and wears it as a little moustache, "You still got a long wait to go but you're getting there,"

With that, a big grin plasters across his face for the rest of the meal. Our conversation railing off into talking about other heroes, Keigo filling me in on all the gossip. He was quite the gossip girl, I had to admit. He did love a bit of juicy news. Then, after telling me all about a hero having a botched nose job, our conversation switched over to work and trash talking some of our colleagues. Keigo telling me how sloppy and sleazy most of them were and how embarrassing it was for him to actually he seen with them.

It didn't seem awkward at all. It felt normal. Natural even. We were comfortable. It's like we needed this.

We needed the quick conversation about high school. Finding where we stand with each other. Knowing that I've forgiven him and I'm willing to give him that second chance, as long as he proves himself to me. He's already done a lot for me. Saving me from this predators. Keeping me safe until my sister came home. Helping me with my work. Standing up for me at work when other colleagues talk crap about me. He's been great. He knows that I'm over it.

He knows that he has a chance.

As our meal comes to a close and my stomach feels like it's going to bulge out, Keigo kindly pays for the whole meal like a gentleman and leads us out of the restaurant through a park. My arms wrapping Keigo's arm as I rest my head on his shoulder, heading down the path with him. The moon lighting up the dark night sky along with some twirling stars. It was beautiful. Magical, even.

This evening had been amazing. Keigo really outdoing himself. Keeping this whole thing perfect. Buying me a romantic and expensive dinner. Having a midnight stroll through the park. How more romantic could you get?

"Okay," Keigo begins, sending me a small smile as we come to a stop at the top of a hill. The male rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as he looks toward me, "I have one more thing for us... could you close your eyes and hold your arms out?"

Slowly, I nod. Closing my eyes gently before holding my arms out. The cold wind bashing against my skin as I wait for Keigo and his little 'surprise'. My heart beating in anticipation as I hear something clink. What was that? Before I could even comprehend what was going on, my wrist suddenly gets hit with cold metal. A small hum leaving my lips as I recoil slightly. What is it?! What is it?! As Keigo fastens it, the faint sound of metal clinging together fills the park air.

"Okay... now open!"

Slowly, almost painstakingly, I flutter my eyes open. A small gasp leaving my lips as I look down at my wrist. Tears brimming in my eyes in shock as I stare at the bracelet wrapped around my wrist. It was in mint condition... It was my fathers bracelet...

The charm bracelet that he stole from me in high school...

What was it doing here? I thought he destroyed it...

Biting back a sob of happiness, I bring the bracelet close to my chest and blink back tears. My eyes assessing each charm. The silver charm of a pair of angel wings that hung gracefully from the chain. Another charm that hugged the chain saying 'angel'. Another holding my birthstone. Another holding my mother's favourite flower, peonies.

But there were two new ones?...

Taking a shaky breath, I assess the new charms that weren't there when Keigo took it. It was another pair of wings but this time they were in gold, each feather carefully carved out. It was beautiful. My eyes widening slightly as I see my name engraved into the wings. The other charm was just as gorgeous. It was a love heart covered in beautiful pattered with a gorgeous red gem in the middle.

"I... uh... I'm sorry I took your bracelet..." Keigo begins rubbing the back of his neck with a small smile, running his fingers through his hair, "I uh... I was gonna have new charms as merchandise... but... I wanted them to be special... so those are the only two charms that are part of the Hawks franchise. I wanted to give them to you... but I didn't know how..."

"So you took my bracelet to put them on?" I ask sniffling softly, wiping my eyes with my sleeve as I look toward him with a weak smile, "You weren't just stealing it?"

"No, I was gonna give it back to you but then you left the school and I wasn't allowed to know where you went," he explains sheepishly, smiling gently as he looks at the ground and kicks the dirt beneath, "I wanted you to have those two charms... I really liked you in high school... I didn't know how to... handle them well..."

"You're such a bonehead," I say softly, letting out a small giggle as I walk toward him and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug making him smile, his wings wrapped around me as he snuggles into me, "You could have just asked to talk to me alone, you didn't need those whores hanging off you every second,"

"I got nervous... that's why the... bullying happened instead," Keigo says, snuggling into me and hiding his head in my neck as I hold him close, "I promise you, I'll never let anything happen to you. I won't let anyone treat you horribly... you don't deserve it... you deserve to be treated like a queen and you will be treated as such,"

"You better, or I'll have to hop on the threatening Keigo wagon," I playfully hum, pressing a kiss to his cheek making him chuckle, "Thank you for the bracelet by the way, the charms are beautiful,"

"And they're the only two, which means you're special," Keigo announces, resting his forehead against mine as I close my eyes and hum, "I told you, I like spoiling someone. You, in particular,"

"Well, good news for you, I like being spoiled,"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 23.8K 69
"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars." When a pro-hero passes out across the street from her bar in the middle of a spring storm...
108K 4.4K 58
โ” โ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐’๐€๐Š๐”๐‘๐€. ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐„ ! โž . . . . . . . . . . โžœ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, A Barista meets Hawks...
82.9K 3.6K 61
๐๐€๐‘๐€๐๐˜๐Œ๐๐‡ แดบแดผแตแดบ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ขยท๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ | \ หˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ-ษ™-หŒ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ(๐˜ฑ)๐˜ง , หˆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข-๐˜ณษ™- \ 1 : ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ going with a bridegroom to fetch hom...
222K 10.4K 107
All Might is retired. The evil All For One is behind bars. Villains run rampant and pine after the newly dethroned underworld. And (Y/N)'s license e...