Hate To Love You... (Hawks/Ke...

By Raphewel122

Keigo Takami, Number 2 Hero in Japan and Japan's heartthrob. The hero who broke all the rules to make them hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chaptet 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
~ Authors Note ~

Chapter 5

18.1K 645 358
By Raphewel122

Smiling softly to myself, I walk down the street with Angel in tow. The beautiful fluffy white dog traipsing behind me, connected to me through her collar, her tail swishing high in the air as we weave through other pedestrians. A small smile on my lips as we're stopped on the odd occasion to receive compliments about Angel. The dog happily soaking up the love from newfound people. Her nose in the air as she struts by my side. Her tail wagging happily.

She was such a character!

Angel loved the weekend. Especially Saturdays. There didn't go a Saturday morning without Angel, bright eyed and bushy tailed, waiting excitedly by the door to go to our destination. Completely forgetting that I have to get showered, dressed and eat breakfast before I even think about leaving the house. Her bright eyes sparkling in anticipation when I grab her leash to take her out. Her tail wagging a lot more quicker than usual, whenever I click the leash in place and we begin our walk.

Every Saturday, or at least some point at the weekend, I give a couple hours of my time to an animal shelter. Volunteering to help sick, injured and abandoned animals. Wanting to give them love, affection and warmth after being neglected for so long. My quirk wasn't able to be transformed into a hero quirk, it wasn't compatible enough to save lives or fight crime. So I became a hero in a different way, in a different light. I saved animals and helped get them better. Helping them get rehoused in a loving home.

Rescuing animals was always rewarding. It was amazing to see them get better and I loved helping them. Watching them heal from past trauma. Helping them grow back into their own little personalities and characters was an achievement in itself. They were always so adorable and happy!

Angel was a rescue, after all.

Smiling gently, I open the door and let Angel teeter in before I follow after her. Waving toward the receptionist. I grab the pen from the desk and sign myself in, making sure all the details are filled out before heading down the hallway toward where all the animals are. Angel already yapping toward the other dogs playing fetch outside with one of the other volunteers. Her tail already wagging happily at the sight of the friends she made while she was healing from her malnutrition. Giggling, I unbuckle her leash and let her bound toward the other dogs, waving toward the volunteer before looking over the little pens for the animals.

Our animal centre held all kinds of animals in its care until they were rehomed. From fluffy little kittens to soppy little dogs. From cute bunny rabbits to chatty birds. From squeaky little guinea pigs to sweet little puppies. There were even snakes, lizards and other sorts of reptiles! Even a frog! We didn't prioritise one animal over the other, either, always making sure they're all loved and cared for equally. Never holding one above the other.

"Ah! (Y/n)! I was wondering when you'd be here," One of the vet nurses here, Yui (I think her name was), hums with a smile, holding her hands in front of her as she beckons me over, "Think you could heal this little fella's leg for me? It's just a deep cut, nothing too major,"

"Of course," I reply with a smile, following her through the halls and toward the veterinary office, my heart aching at the little Dalmatian puppy standing on the table with his leg holding a large gash, I coo gently at him and get to his level to make sure he realises I'm not a threat, before whispering gently, "Hey little guy, let us have a little look - see over your leg, hm?"

Slowly, ever so gently, I manoeuvre myself where his leg is in view. My heart hammering in my chest at the poor shaking of the dog, his leg holding a large gash. Hushing him gently, I gently mutter under my breath a small Latin spell. A healing mantra. My fingers spinning around the gash as I chant softly. The wound closing up gradually until it disappears. The dog's fur free of any scars. He slowly looks toward his leg before me, experimentally putting weight on that leg before barking happily and wagging his tail slightly.

"There we go," I coo, giggling as he licks my face and nibbles at my fingers, "You're a little cutie aren't you? Yes you are! Yes you are!"

"You're amazing, (Y/n) - san," The nurse says smiling as she finished the dogs check up before letting him run outside toward the other dogs to play, "You'd work wonders in the medicine industry,"

"Yeah... my mom said the same thing but... I'm very sensitive toward people and even animals in pain," I explain rubbing the back of my neck with a small, sheepish, smile. Shrugging gently with a sigh, "I'd freak out under the immense pressure too,"

My quirk did work wonders when it came to injuries and wounds. That was something I couldn't deny. It sped up the regeneration of skin cells which closed up wounds faster and it increased the number of white blood cells in the body (hence ridding the body of any diseases that could have been attracted from said wound).

It was something I inherited from my father.

My father's quirk, Angel, let him have all the attributes that made an angel. Pure, virgin white wings. A golden halo around his head. A beautiful complexion that made him glow wherever he was. Beaming rays of positivity wherever he went. He could heal anything. Whether it be a severed arm, a paper cut or a stabbing wound. He could always get the job done. He even managed to resurrect people from the dead (although they had to be dead under a certain amount of time).

However, my quirk wasn't Angel. Mine was Healer. The snow white wings were inherited from my father, the only thing I had left of him now since my bracelet was gone. Being able to heal wounds and injuries anywhere and everywhere. It was handy when I did volunteering as it sped up their recovery time. However, I had to learn Latin in order to actually use my quirk!

Which was so annoying! Latin is hard!

Smiling softly, I leave the nurse's office and head toward one of the pens holding a bunch of stray kittens. Found alone behind a bale of hay on a farmyard. Abandoned by their mother and barely able to function. Each of them started mewling and clawing are the walls to try and get my attention as I walked past. One of them even holding their paw out to try and grab me. My heart melts at their utter cuteness. How could I say no to such pretty little babies? Why were kittens so adorable?! How could something so cute exist?!

Giving in, I walk into their pen and sit down on the floor, leaving against the wall of it as they begin climbing up and having an adventure over my person. One of them climbing up my shirt, using its claws to grip onto the fabric. A giggle leaving my lips as it mewls gently my way, stuck on what to do next. Another one began clawing at the pants before trying to walk on them. Other kittens were happy with snuggling up against my wings, using the wings as warmth while others tried climbing up them.

Which was painful!

Wincing gently, I unhook the kittens clawing at my feathers and set them on the blankets beside me, smiling happily as they curl up by my thigh. Their little bodies gently rising and falling with each breath they take. Two of the kittens decide to make camp on my thighs, leaving me with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Giving me the dreaded 'cat paralysis' where I'm unable to move due to kittens (in this case) hindering my movement.

If only I could take them all home!... Unfortunately, I don't have the room or the money to look after all of them...

The pen door opening pulls my attention away from the kittens, a bright smile plays on my lips at the new visitor. A small giggle leaving her lips as she looks at the small predicament that I've got myself into. The girl situating myself next to me as she gently strokes on the of the tabby kittens with a giggle. Her cream hair tied up into a messy bun.

"Hey, Yu, how are you?" I ask looking toward her as she pulls one of the kittens into her lap, cooing at the kitten yawns and snuggles into her thigh, "Off work today?"

Yu Takeyama. Otherwise known as Mt. Lady. One of my closest and most trusted friends, despite how much of a gossip girl she is. I met her when I moved high school, she was quick to latch herself onto me before I could make any other friends. She kind of pecked her way into my life. However, I wouldn't have it any other way. Yu's always a blast to have around, she always comes out with the funniest of things.

"Yeah, hero work is so tiring, no wonder the older heroes look so old," She complains rubbing the bridge of her nose with a small groan, shaking her head, "And Kamui is working tonight too so we can't have our couple time like we planned! It's not fair! I haven't seen him all week,"

"That's a shame..." I hum, not really interested in her love life (although she loves to brag about it) as she coos toward the kittens, "At least you get a day to relax, that's still good, isn't it?"

"Tch, you didn't have to do an interview with some old hag who thinks she's more prettier than me," she says pouting toward the kitten as it jumps off her lap to curl by my feet, "Midnight is so full of herself, she doesn't even realise that she's old,"

"Mmm, you don't say," I reply arching a brow toward her as she twirls a strand of her cream hair around her finger before sarcastically adding, "At least you're not like that, huh, Yu?"

"I know right, it's like I'm the only selfless hero out there," she says flicking her hair behind her shoulder with a smile, "So? How are you?"

"I'm good, there could be a potential promotion for me at work," I exclaim with a smile, giggling as Yu claps her hands in joy with a small excited squeal, "So that's quite exciting, I'm not getting my hopes up too high considering that they may not pick my designs... it's a cutthroat business after all, they only want the best,"

"You'll be fine, you're the best makeup artist I know," Yu points out with a big smile and elbows my arm playfully as I giggle softly, "You're gonna get the job, you'll see,"

"I hope you're right, I really want it,"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.4K 24
{completed} "... ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘”โ„Ž" you'...
59.1K 1.7K 42
Hawks was blessed with an amazing quirk, unlike you. But that's okay, you didn't really want to be a hero anyways. You had dreams about opening your...
276K 5.9K 32
โš ๏ธThis story contains smut, violence and panic attacksโš ๏ธ You had just graduated from UA highschool, and were quite close with one of the students. He...
819K 25.2K 82
(Completed) After running into Hawks while on your internship he offers to help train you. The two of you then become good friends. 3 years later aft...