Justice

By Rosemusic18

10 years ago... the JSA and the ISA fought, when the ISA won it changed the whole future. When we start this... More

coming soon.
Graphic Gallery
justice
extended cast.
― part one.
zero
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
thirteen.
thirteen au.
Note.
Sequel and Prequel Info.
Questionare.
fourteen.

twelve.

109 4 3
By Rosemusic18

Twelve.
"Heroes take time to mature, but time is against us."

― THE SOUND OF THE TIMER COUNTING DOWN FOR PROJECT: AMERICA TO BE FINISHED. I stood there looking at the timer when I heard footsteps entering the room looking up to see Henry King as he was suited up and coming up from behind my brother as he moved his head. I then got a few more flashes before my eyes as I saw a bright light standing there looking over me as she looked at me yelling my name.

"Morgan? Are you alright?" The figure said standing above me putting their hand in front of me as I heard yelling from behind the figure. "Is she alright?" The other figure said sounding more like a man who sounded familiar, but forgotten. I backed up as I saw one last figure in all black, with honey blonde hair as she told the other one's off as she also sounded familiar and her eyes and her facial when she came closer to me as something within me started thinking about her name.

"She is scared guys, she doesn't know who you are. And we are all in masks. I regret never telling her." The woman said as it rang through my head. "I regret never telling her." My mind started to process until I felt something on my shoulder saying my name as I felt someone in my head.

"Get out of my head." I told Henry walking away shaking my head questioning what the whole scene meant. These days they become more common and my mind at one time believed these were nightmares, but a part of me says there are missing memories of my life, the ones that are real and not fake when I woke up with amnesia back in 2010. But I can't comprehend the real memories, vs. the dreams these flashes that use to haunt me, but a part of me they still do when I'm dreaming.

But wouldn't everyone be if they forgot a part of their past, nine years and were filled with memories your family told you about. And then less than two years after you get a grip then you start having these dreams that feel so real, making you question who you are, along with asking what is real, and not. I don't even know if the life I now know is what I was then and what the old me would have wanted, I don't even know if the life I have is my life.

Heading with my older brother to The American Dream building was a silent ride as I just stared out the window as he knew something was up with me ever since the one night I faced the JSA. That one girl that was blonde, blue eyed, and in black leather who saved them, she reminded me of something...not that I can remember what fully but I felt like I knew her from somewhere.

Once we did arrive at the building and in his office I could see both of my parents there, I love them and all. But one can't they just stay home with Cameron who is all alone at home even though he is a teenager. And Two I always have questioned my parents behavior encouraging my brother's behavior, along with mine when I kill people and how Ok they are with it.

"She wouldn't have been a suitable wife." My mother said as my brother was standing at his desk looking at his phone while my parents were talking about Barbara and her family, the one who seemed to betray my brother due to Courtney; her daughter being Stargirl. And deep down I could see how he liked Barbara and wished he could have her, and still does even though he sent to kill her; he was hurt. He just did it for the team effort, and for the anger. But deep down he just wants to kill her family, even the innocent boy Mike.

"Forget her." My mother told my brother Jordan in Noreweigan, as he didn't look at any of us. "It won't be long now." My father said to Jordan also in Noreweigan, "Should we tell Cameron?" He asked Jordan as I wanted to step in due to me practically helping raise my cousin, and he does deserve to know, but I won't let them make that decision. I don't even know if my brother truly should, he missed eight years of his son's life, and I get he is Cameron's father. But man he never was there once until now when Cameron needed him.

"No." Jordan said in Noreweigan as I knew deep down he didn't want his son involved in his life, and what he had done. Even though he may never know what his father had done for him. Until my mother sassed Jordan, "He's old enough." My father said as I glanced at him, "Ja, han kan være gammel nok. Men hvis han virkelig lærer noe, kan han reagere på måter vi ikke kan kontrollere." I told them as Jordan looked at me nodding that I was right knowing what happens wouldn't be in our favor. Along with pulling him in this life would be risky too for him.

"This is his birthright." My father said in Noreweigan in response to me glaring back at me at the same time. "It's time to tell him who his family really is." My mother spoke in Noreweigan also. "It's time to tell him everything." My mother said agreeing with my father.

"Og hva skjer hvis han går imot oss. Jeg skjønner at han skal ha et valg, men han har alltid en sjanse til å dispisere oss alle og deretter bli med heltene." I told them stating a fact, if we tell him there are risks as I heard Jordan's phone go off as he answered it and my parents looked at me angry in ways and disappointed their daughter doesn't support every one of their ideas. Once he spoke on the phone saying it was Steven I knew he had news.

"What is it?" My father asked as I could see in Jordan's body language what it meant, "Small complication." He continued as he said it in english. They got away and now he was sending Anaya to Tigress, and Sportsmaster. I knew then and there that I needed to find something, that something being someone who might know answers or have answers from records. As Huntress is in the hospital and her details should be in the files.

I started walking as they all looked at me, "Jeg vil ikke være borte lenge. Jeg har bare noe jeg må gjøre." I told them walking out and since I didn't drive in I started walking in the way of the hospital knowing she would be there as I continued my walk I could see a car leaving town, but cars do that sometimes, and it's not in my mind.

Once I reached the hospital and went inside Helena's room I grabbed the report and records she has had over the years here in Blue Valley since she started a new life after being a retired vigilante or hero. I started to glance over the files and dates as some weren't even from here in Blue Valley, but I couldn't find anything from the files telling me anything about the weird dates and how my name showed up once on the scratched out reports.

― THE INJUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA, WERE AFTER ALL OF US. Packing up with Barbara with everything I would need including all of my gear and some clothes for the next week or more. So I filled two suitcases and a duffle bag as I walked downstairs and put it next to Barbara. I watched as she looked at Courtney as she walked off and I saw how she still felt worried for Courtney, and me included since she is like a mother I never had this reincarnation.

"Oh gosh I forgot my club upstairs." I told her as she nodded and I headed downstairs to Courtney knowing I put it back in my crate as I packed most of the stuff from my crate. But it was under something, as I grabbed it looking at Courtney who nodded at me. Before we could say anything we heard screaming and crashing of items as Courtney ran in front of me upstairs as I stood at the door for the element of surprise.

Seeing the backside of Tigress I quickly went out not in my armor but with only my club as I ran up behind her hitting her with my club on her back as she fell over as Barbara came behind me as she approached me hitting my club out of my hand with an arrow until Courtney blasted her with the staff.

Barbara almost fell as the staff caught her and I was hit back as I fell on the ground and I felt pain rushing up through my body from the force of the kick that Tigress brought upon me as she tried to hit or kick me again, before she could I used my wings popping them out and using the force to throw her back as I could see Barbara in shock. Grabbing my club I prepared for what was next. When she ran back and hanged from a piece of wood before she could attack Courtney used the staff and shot a beam throwing her through the glass door.

Breathing again looking to see Tigress out of conscience, "Sorry about the door." Courtney said as I knew Barbara wasn't mad at her, as she was impressed with us both as they looked at me when my wings disappeared. "We should go." Courtney says as she grabs Barbara's hand and leads her through the hallway as I follow behind running behind them as I quickly go upstairs to get the last of the stuff as we head out to meet my father, and Mike to head to the cabin.

When they arrived I could see my father beat up, and Mike with a drill in his hands. "What happened to you guys?" I asked, seeing that they must have been attacked by Sportsmaster or another ISA member, "We were ambushed." My father told us as we started loading the car. "Tigress ambushed us." Courtney said as he could see we all were alright in the end. As we got in the car knowing that Tigress could get up at any moment as we headed off to the cabin in which I knew Skylar was heading to last I checked.

When Skylar came out of the car I went up and hugged her seeing a familiar car that was a cherry red impala that was Maya King's as I watched her walk out with her friend Stephaine, my question is why is Stephaine here? Wait deep down I started figuring out something, as Helena was Huntress, an ex-Con turned Hero who was retired, taking care of her "niece" who now is here.

She must be a hero...

― ONCE I OPENED MY EYES I COULD SEE MY BROTHER IN MY FACE AS HE WAS TRYING TO GET ME OFF MY BED SINCE I MUST HAVE PASSED OUT. Since we were packing to leave and meet Yolanda and Beth at the end of the path from our house. Due to our douche of an uncle being out most likely at the diner and us having to meet the other at the cabin. And I know deep down he just wants to see his little girlfriend again, along with make all of us safe until we can figure out dad's journal. Stopping the ISA.

Heading off after packing the car full of our clothes and supplies we could bring, we headed off as I sat in the back as Beth was to be in the front, and Yolanda was to sit with me as both of them had to bring their clothes, and suits also. This reminds me of having a field trip and packing your stuff for like one of those camps under the school.

Finally after ten minutes on the bumpy trail in the 1966 yellow Mustang we arrived as Rick, and I got out to help the two with their bags as he opened the trunk as we helped set them in. As we were ahead of Kyra since the last time I heard from her. Once all of us got in the car we headed off quickly to the cabin knowing that if we fell behind we might be the next targets of the ISA since from what I heard Brainwave remembered Courtney, and Kyra. Along with them finding out Courtney, Kyra, and Pat all are a part of this new JSA.

Getting out the car upon our arrival at the cabin I saw everyone get out of the car, as she came up and hugged me finally noticing that the Cherry Red Impala that Maya drives was here before any of us, as she must have arrived earlier as she watched Maya and Stephaine come out seeing they both were ready to fight. And happy to see everyone as I watched to see my brother's body language and facial expressions go happier as he could get.

Chicken, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw was what everyone was eating for dinner as Maya, Stephaine, Kyra, and I were in a library space that the door was shut a bit so nobody could hear everything we were telling each other what we knew, and just trying to pass the time before we go and fight for millions of lives. We all looked at another, as Stephaine finally spoke up.

"You know if we all somehow don't make it like Henry Jr. let's make a promise if only one or three of us get out of this we will remember what we stand for, and stand by." She started as Krya interrupted her, "Nothing bad is going to happen to any of us. As long as we don't do anything overly stupid." She said as Maya looked at her.

"Kyra you know better than anyone that bad things can happen even if we don't try to get into danger, or don't even do anything stupid it just happens." Maya said as she also referred to her brother by saying, "My brother didn't want to die, but he did it in order for us to have a chance to beat the cause of him and multiple others' death. We could all die, but let's go with the stick together and we remember what is right. And yes, if something happens we remember the good things in that person's life. I have lost enough but we can't prevent death forever." Maya said as she was raising her voice as tears started falling from her eyes as she wiped her tears off her eyes. As I see Stephaine with a frown and I always sensed she had a thing for Maya's older twin brother.

"So we heard about how you were attacked by Tigress earlier Kyra. How was that in ISA surprise attacks?" I asked her to try to change the subject before it makes Maya hurt more and she knew it. "It was interesting. I didn't expect to get my nightly workout like that." She said laughing a bit even though it sucked having to fight and including when it risked family.

"Well it's not as bad as Stephaine's encounter with Morgan Mahkent or Killer Frost." Maya said as everyone including myself looked at her as Stephaine nodded. "You guys encountered her?" Kyra asked as Stephaine spoke up, "Yeah, it's not what you think. We encountered her when she came after me. I went out some nights before Helena was put into a coma, and possibly death and I wanted to know more about this woman. Because the time she tried to attack Courtney and the others I was there and she didn't move she looked like she knew me." Stephaine said as Kyra glanced at her with a questionable look.

"It was like I reminded her of someone. I don't even know who." Stephaine continued as I finally answered, "What about your parents?" I asked her as she looked at me, "My parents are missing or dead." She explained, "No what if she knew one of them at one point and she can't remember." Kyra said, explaining it more to Stephaine.

"Like she had amnesia? And never got over it?" She asked as Maya glanced at her, "Maybe because you know Cameron did tell us once her aunt couldn't remember nine years of her life. Ever since 2001-2010. Maybe after the original JSA age ended." Maya said as we looked at each other. "So what you are saying is maybe she knew one of my parents and I just reminded her...wait I don't know who she is, but what if she thought I was my mother. I wear the Black Canary costume and I followed my mother's path, and even sometimes people say I look more like her. What if she thought I was my mother Dinah." Stephaine stated as we all sat there wondering in the lit library.

"It would make sense because when we went to fight her she almost injured me terribly and could have killed me. But it was like something snapped in her and she didn't." Krya said as I looked at her, "The same day Joey died." Maya said being able to read her mind and understand.

"So she might have known our parents. But how if she is a bad guy?" Kyra asked as Maya answered this time, "What if she wasn't? What if it was a cover and she was good? She could be a hero or a vigilante that served heroes or helped heroes who influenced her?" Maya said as we all knew deep down it could be true since she hadn't hurt anybody she almost did kill a few people but didn't, she hesitated, but didn't realise it. And before I even knew it we changed the conversation and I turned to Maya starting one with her.

"You know my brother loves you." I told Maya as the others were in a conversation about their parents and if one of them could kick the others ass. "Yet he hasn't said anything, heck we really haven't had a full first date." Maya told me as she was picking her nail and then glanced up at me. "Well you know my brother he isn't the best with emotions due to our uncle. Hell even I am not, but deep down I can see he loves you, and you love him. And I'm not a mind reader. I can just see what is laid out in front of me." I told her as she looked away knowing I was right and I have been since they started locking lips, and told the other one about their interest in another.

"My whole life hasn't been easy to say I love you to someone, my father never showed love in the way with words or actions mostly. So in a way I'm somewhat broken like you too, and your brother but in a very different way. For god's sake I lost my brother, and my mother. I lost everyone who gave a crap and loved me and were related to me." She said as I went over and hugged her, helping her when she started to have an anxiety attack.

"You have us. You have Rick, and the JSA. We have each other. And if that isn't love then you're crazy. Because we are a family, maybe we're all different, and we all have different ways of thinking it or doing things. But this team is or will be a family eventually and maybe it isn't now. But someday." I told her.

― HEARING SOME NOISES OUTSIDE AS I TURNED AROUND GRABBING ONE OF MY DAGGERS. As I watched Stephaine look out the window as she was ready to fight and I put my hand up as we walked out the backdoor as I saw the mustang that Rick was working on. But before I could do anything I saw Stephaine run up to the car as Courtney and the others were exiting theirs as my car was parked up a bit and I tackled her and they watched us.

"Wow, What is going on here. Maya?" Courtney asked as I got up and Stephaine looked up, "Well Maya will you let me go." Stephaine asked below me as I nodded and got off of her. "I came to help, because I know you need me to stop my father. You guys used me, but after my brother's death I realised that I don't care, because I will assist you guys with stopping the ISA." I told them as they looked at me.

"But why is Stephaine here?" Yolanda asked, crossing her arms as I looked at her, "I'm the daughter of Green Arrow and Black Canary. And last time I checked I saved your asses once when you were escaping those tunnels after Henry's death." She said to Yolanda as everyone looked at her. "She has abilities like her mother, and a few more. But the point is she has helped you guys and me since the beginning and if she was lying I could kick her ass." I started as she glared at me and I laughed at my comment and then she spoke up.

"I heard a rumor that you shut up." She said as I looked at her as she almost tricked me into her mind games until I turned back at her, "Aww very cute Steph but you little rumor game doesn't work on me." I told her as she walked off. We all watched as another set of headlights came and I still had a dagger in my hands and Stephanie and I walked up next to the others.

Rick did look at me questioning the dagger as I kinda smiled in a way. As I saw Courtney and I started to read her thoughts about Tigress and Sportsmaster seeing that she would be alright I was alright. I saw it was Janitor Justin, then reading his mind he looked at me as I started to see memories of steeds, and his sword and Dragon King. They called him Shining Knight, as I looked at Stephaine who put her hands down and he nodded at her like he sensed something within her.

"We heard what happened to Helena. Will she be alright?" Skylar asked us as Stephaine started to tear up a bit, "All my life she fulfilled my mother's last wish of Huntress. They were good friends and teammates, but she then ended up in the hospital because they learned who she was. Luckily they didn't find much on me yet." She said as some of the others looked at the four of us as Kyra was standing next to Yolanda.

"But she will be alright to help us. Right?" Skylar asked parity knowing the answer would be no. "They don't even know if she will ever wake up." She told her as a few more tears falled from her face as she wiped them off her face as I felt the pain she had been through as I wanted to help her. But I knew helping wasn't going to be me using my powers. We all just stood there until we started heading in and I was behind Rick as we entered I saw a crate.

Everyone got defensive as I saw the name on the package name and where it came from. "There is nothing to worry about, I know who sent it." I told them using my dagger to open the lock. As I saw a phone I knew Stephaine, Kyra, and Skylar were around me looking within the small and opening the phone up I played a video that was left from Erin.

"Hey you may be wondering why I sent you a crate Maya. Well I heard about your situation from Helena when she suspected you and told Barbara Gordon about it. She sent me more information, other than you sending me anything. Due to you wanting to do it alone. I thought you might have needed some assistance since I owe you a few things here and there over the months we fought together." Erin said as she continued explaining as I looked down beneath in the crate seeing a box, as I started opening it up she explained more.

"Oh when I heard about your powers from Roy he called in a few favors since he was able to get me this suit before. But he knew someone who could design a better suit for the use of your new found powers since your Arsenal costume can only get you so far. So the person made you one based on your body and powers surprisingly it even shocked me and I don't even get to see you wear it. So stop by after you save the world with this JSA I keep hearing about. Sorry not Sorry for telling you nothing of this. But I hope you can stop the whole mindwiping and reprogramming before it hits many people and some of us other heroes have to come in. Because all I have is a bow and a voice modulator with some training. Unlike you guys with your gadgets, and cool powers and training. So anyways don't have too fun without me, and don't get killed." She continued as the video finished and I then saw the suit as it was made out of leather somewhat and the rest out of flexible fabric that I have seen somewhere before, but I can't remember yet exactly what it is about. The other did look at me as I went upstairs after discarding the crate outside.

After grabbing a plate I took two different plates up and then left my suit next to Stephaine as she nodded talking to Beth, and Skylar who were downstairs just sitting and waiting for further instructions. As I continued to walk up the stairs to see Rick glance up at me, "You know that journal won't go anywhere if you eat." I told him as he looked up at me as I sat a plate beside him as he nodded and I sat at a small nook across from his vision. I got up after a few minutes before I ate and put my arms around his shoulders as I put my head on his right shoulder looking over at him seeing he was continuing to try to solve his father's code from all those years ago before he died.

Putting my hands in his hair I could hear his heart beating a bit as he leaned back more into my shoulder, "Have any ideas?" He asked me as even I didn't know, but I hated seeing him like this. "Other than the idea of throwing the book and just figuring out another plan." I told him as he glared at me and I continued to play with his hair brushing some of it with my hands as I then kissed his cheek pulling my hands out of his hair and removing both of my arms until I saw him grab my left hand as quickly kiss it as I smiled at him walking back down the stairs to find Stephanie, and a few others.

Until twenty or so minutes later I heard a yell of frustration following in a book being thrown. I looked up from the front room to see Rick looking stressed because he still couldn't figure it out. And we have less time now than ever. I walked up watching Pat grab the book up from the ground a few moments after Rick threw the book.

"What do you think?" He asked Pat as I looked at him seeing that he was more than frustrated I could feel the emotions radiating off of him. "I know there's a number that will unlock that code." He said as Pat looked at him feeling bad for Rick still as I was looking through my memories of what Skylar told me.

"Tried Birthdays, Then I figured my dad was Hourman, so I tried 60 seconds, 12 hours, 24. Nothing" He said leaning over the banister once again looking over the house as I could feel the anger and all the stress within him boiling out with how he was reacting. "A number? What else did he care about that had a number?" And once Pat said that to Rick I could see the pain it brought him thinking he didn't have a chance with his dad.

"Who the hell knows, Pat?" He asked as I watched him think about it for a moment, as I could see the emotion of Pat how he felt so bad for what had happened to his father. The pure guilt he couldn't do nothing. "I never got to know my dad." He stated as I wanted to embrace him so badly, but I know now is not the time as he was stressed. But I also felt bad that he mentioned the ISA, and it reminded me of my father, and all of what they did to his parents and his families.

I continued to think as I thought about the thoughts that Skylar was thinking when I saw her memories when she opened up about her past so she could help her brother. The car he keeps rebuilding was a 1966 Mustang, the one Rick was able to rebuild over the years and the one he drives now. It is truly a beautiful car and I have to say the driver and fixer of the one outside is very hot in my opinion.

"What about his car? Is there anything on that?" Pat asked as I nodded when he looked at me, "You sister once let me see her memories, I could see your father, and for a moment I was able to reach out and see some of his personal memories, he loved that car, and your mother." I told him as they both looked at me and I know they would question my abilities later on and I would need to see where I could go. But I also saw something else in his father's mind and I have my suspicions about his true heritage, but that is for another story sometime else.

"The car?" Rick questioned as I shook my head, "The Mustang." We both said as he stared at Pat as he continued to speak, "I mean I don't know, I'm just." Until I could see Rick's emotion change as he knew something then and he looked behind kissing me on the cheek as I deep down blushed fiery red on my cheeks as he walked back looking at Pat, "Wait, The 1966 Mustang." He said walking back to the table as he started at it again with the journal in 1966, as he started to do another set of equations.

Peering over his left shoulder I could see how focused he was while figuring out the answer to the number to make sure if it was right. Until he finally put down the pencil and said, "That's it." He said as he was smiling up at Pat and I know he was super happy to finally find something that his father did and was able to figure it out. "Right there." Rick continued as Pat glanced at him, "Rick." And he chuckles. A few moments later I feel Pat gets the memo to get the others, but also to leave us as he went downstairs.

Before I could even speak I felt Rick's hands on my waist and I looked up at his eyes seeing his happiness and I could feel everything he felt. We just stood here until I felt one of his hands on my cheek as we continued to stare into each other's eyes until I felt his lips on mine as I put my hands on his neck as I pushed on his neck a bit to deepen the passionate kiss between us both. It felt like forever while we were standing here sharing our moments together.

Until we both heard someone gasp and run downstairs, we broke apart and I quickly looked down the stairs to see Beth, as I could hear some of her thoughts that were at the top of her head screaming out as they were about how embarrassed she was seeing us kiss another. I could see Rick smirk a shit eating grin behind me as I slapped his chest, "Beth come back I'm sorry." I yelled as she came out as she was red in embarrassment.

Once she made it back up here I stood next to Rick as he gave her his father's journal, "Scan this." He says as I see the others entering through different parts of the cabin as he continued, "The formulas were the coordinates of a map for the tunnels. My dad must've gotten down there and scoped it out." He said as I went downstairs after he finished his sentence. I stood next to Stephaine, as Beth used Chuck and he started to scan the journal.

Soon enough a hologram of a map appeared. It was all the tunnels of the ISA, and how they have entrances in two places, and headquarters in others. Everyone including myself was shocked but it was so cool at the same time it showed all the work that Rick's father did, and it explained why they wanted to kill him.

"This map my dad made, those are the tunnel entrances. Here. This is their meeting room...in there. Is where they're building some sort of. Uh some sort of machine." He said as I interrupted, "A Satellite, something that is going to broadcast my father's brain waves into everyone. And Chuck was right when my brother died we both got stronger, and now if he succeeds he will control enough states for them to make whatever they want from that." I told them as they looked at me wondering how I knew this.

"One day I found Morgan Mahkent. I have had my suspicions about her, including about how she was an ex-villain turned hero who was brainwashed. She has no memories but deep down I was able to pull out her dreams and make them reality for myself. With the help of Stephanie Rumoring her into telling us the ISA plans and she doesn't even remember. The satellite is to make them reprogram brains into their "perfect American Dream." I explained as Beth nodded and confirmed it.

"Synaptic amplifier. It's meant to transmit." She explained confirming Morgan's truth, "Brainwave, you were right brainwaves." Courtney said as I nodded and Stephaine looked at me. Barbara started explaining about the American Dream and them not wanting them to be zombies but more like following their vision and joining them. And to follow without question.

"Rick is there in a tunnel S.T.R.I.P.E. could get through?" Courtney asked as Rick nodded, "Yeah. The river. But don't think I'm not coming with you." Rick said as Courtney shook her head and I knew what we were going to do. "No, You, Yolanda and Justin should enter from the opposite side of town." She said as Rick disagreed, "You want us to split up?" He asked as Stephaine interrupted, "It's better to split up so we can conquer more ground and so they don't know where we are. It doesn't take me reading your mind to know you agree with Courtney...Rick." She said as everyone looked at her. "My mother once had telepathy, it passed on to me, but I'm only strong enough to read minds and protect my own. Maya here is stronger than me at it." She told them to back away.

"Only to try to avoid detection." Courtney then said looking at him as she looked glad that Stephaine was supporting her. "But we'll meet back up at the machine." She said as I watched Kyra look at some of the other places. "While you guys go destroy the amplifier. Chuck and I can take down the computers running the show." Beth said as we looked up at her. "We traced the town's electrical surges to The American Dream. Chuck thinks we can access their systems from there. You know, hack the hackers." She continued as Stephaine said something, "I'll go with Beth since my screams could destroy the tunnels. And because I know Beth will need backup and I can fight better than Huntress ever could." Stephaine said as I nodded and Beth agreed.

"Okay, I'm gonna go with Beth and Stephaine." Barbara said as Pat went against her but she was right she knows the place, and even though Stephaine is 16 along with me being close to 16 she is a fighter even without her abilities and could kick ass and take down a few of the ISA members. "Well, you'll let two 15-year-old girls." She said as Stephaine said, "I'm 16 and beside I'm more trained and experienced with fighting due to Helena training me since I was five, six. And I have a handle on my powers." She told them again kicking ass with her interruptions knowing Barbara was still staring at her as she shrugged her shoulders going to the back of the couch grabbing her gear as it was a leather suit and she had a pillbox hat and a small cape that was from the olden days but she wanted to wear it over her costume and mask.

"So we almost got a plan other than you three not having one." Beth said as I laughed, "I'm going with Rick, Yolanda, and Justin because if anyone is to mind manipulate anyone I am the best chance at getting any of you out of it. And besides I want to find my father faster than any of you, I want to make him suffer so bad that he feels the pain and anger I have inside of me for everything he has done along with Jordan to my family." I said as they all looked at me and Stephaine knew deep down that I am alone forever.

"I'm going with Pat since it might fit my wings better, and so if Courtney here gets herself in a handful I could help them. And besides I kinda want to get in a fight between me and Dr.Ito a bit." Kyra said as Justin looked at her and she moved back a bit into the crowd. "I'm going with Kyra, they might need backup and if something happens then I can be there." Skylar said almost to her brother's protest, until I grabbed his arm reassuring him as he glanced at me and I knew then he would let his little sister go.

"So we got a plan now." Beth said as I smiled until Mike interrupted wondering what he was going to do. "What's my job?" Mike asked as even I knew Pat won't let him do any heavy lifting. And I wasn't surprised when he said you have to take care of the dog. As Mike was mad at it a bit, and we all left the room as we remembered we must change before going and we all grabbed our suits and I went to the bathroom with Stephaine as we both changed and I was in my new suit as I tied the laces.

"How do I look?" I asked her as she stared at me, "Like a model, perfect and beautiful." She said as she was already changed and put her black cape on along with her mask as her hair was straight and her bangs were showing. As I walked out I saw Rick change and I saw Kyra in her gear other than her helmet, and Skylar had the ring and lantern with her. But before I knew it I could hear Rick's thoughts and how he was blushing as I looked up at him as he was studying my suit, and the others thought it looked nice.

When everyone walked back down to meet with the other I saw Rick smile, "Now I need to know the designer." He said as I knew what his remark meant as I walked over to him and pressed my lips on his as he didn't have his mask on but the suit hugged his body fit and muscular side, and let me just say I am literally lucky, thank the gods that they built a man like this not only good looking, but as broken as I am and understands me. Once we broke away I pressed one last quick kiss on his lips before walking down the stairs seeing he was a blushing mess this time.

― NEAR THE RIVER, COURTNEY, PAT, KYRA, AND SKYLAR WERE ALL RUNNING TOWARDS THE ENTRANCE. As S.T.R.I.P.E. landed on the ground they all walked in looking around as Skylar cued in the comms to the others which were arriving at their locations as they knew what they had to do deep down. They all did look inside to see the dark exterior until Pat shone his lights in the tunnel. And Skylar was prepared to use her lantern and ring to help bring light into the dark and mucky tunnels under Blue Valley.

Meanwhile, Barbara, Beth, and Stephaine all arrive at The American Dream around the backside of the building as she goes straight to her office after them sneaking in. Including with Stephaine who was wearing her full gear just in case she had to be more careful as she was scouting out the place until they got fully settled in the office and she locked the door behind her glancing out the window.

This is all when Yolanda, Rick, Maya, and Justin all enter the tunnels suited up as Maya finally put on her scarlet tiara on her head as she had no mask knowing they knew who she was. They headed all down the stairs in Cindy's old house as they all entered not caring if the ISA saw them. Since that was their plan so they could meet up when finding the Satellite. As Maya knew exactly where it could be located since she could hear the thoughts getting louder as she screamed hearing the noises since her father wasn't far.

Back at The American Dream, Beth started to log into the computer using Chuck as Stephaine glanced out the door when she thought she heard footsteps until they seemed to be gone less than a moment later.

"Do you think you can access his system from here?" Barbara asked Beth as she was just starting to get into the basic screen of the computer, "We're going to try." She said as Barbara told her the password then, "Okay, the password is," Barbara said until Beth interrupted, "New Kids On The Block." She said as Stephaine even questioned why Barbara's password was that easy to hack, she could have done, Q3erTsv9. Or started to change it everyday, but it is what it is.

"What's that mean?" Beth asked as Stephaine glared at her, and even Stephaine knew New Kids On A Block, "Uh it's just random words." Barbara said as Stephaine and Barbara looked at another questioning the generation Stephaine was in. But what they didn't know was Chuck was filling in the gaps for Beth about who New Kids On The Block are.

"We're in! Hey guys, can you hear me?" Beth asked as Stephaine checked her com as Maya didn't need one but had one built in her mask for an extra case. "We read you." Courtney said as everyone could hear it unless something bad happened to them. "Us too." Yolanda said as Stephaine knew that Maya would be alright, she was just more worried about who she would encounter with Beth and Barbara.

And then Beth started to explain about the last time everyone ran through the tunnels with Henry Jr. and Stephaine knew the topic was rough for Maya since he was her twin, and she still feels it everyday since her brother died. That pain that brings anger and revenge, but also sadness and loss.

Until Beth said something, "Guys, I found some kind of countdown." Beth said as Stephaine looked over her shoulder to the laptop and all the programs that were up and running. "I think we have 35 minutes before we turn it on." She continued as Stephaine and Barbara wondered what Beth was seeing as Stephaine glanced up looking at the door making sure nobody was coming while fixing her utility belt of her weapons.

"Whatever they're going to make people believe in, they call it The New Constitution." Beth said as Kyra, Courtney, Skylar, and Pat were continuing to walk around a corner of the tunnels. "They wanna combat global warming?" Beth asks as Stephaine looks at the screen wondering why super villains wanted to stop global warming. "Oh, wait! They wanna force people to...." Beth says, leading everyone to question what she was going to say. As Kyra, and Skylar were just scoping the back of the tunnels behind Courtney.

"They're going to what?" Courtney asked as it was on everyone's mind. "Force them to embrace solar and wind power. They're going to eliminate driscrimination over race, religion, sexual orientation..." Beth continues as Rick even questions it along with the others as the ISA wants to make a perfect society that doesn't have some bad. "Your kidding?" Rick asks not believing it. "You know my only problem with that...is the whole mind control, and then trying to make the "perfect society" books and authors tell us why that never works." Maya says as they all question her and Stephaine agrees everything bad happens when you try to make a perfect world and under mind control and reprogramming.

"And Universal Healthcare." Beth continues as it sounds too perfect. "Too perfect. If I'm going to remember everything while everyone doesn't know the truth. And I might be locked next to Cindy until I learn to be more embracing." Maya said in the hallways as she continued to walk hearing Courtney. "That's good isn't it?" She questioned.

"Hey, Pat, are you sure we're on the right side?" Rick asked as Maya slapped him on the back of his head, "Your father died for the cause, along with many other heroes before this "Project America." Maya said as he glared at her, even though deep down he knew she was right, and had a bit of a softer side for Maya King, the daughter of Brainwave and Merri Pemberton. The younger twin sister to Henry King Jr. who died saving him, and the rest of the JSA. He loved a girl a few months back he would never speak to.

"There's got to be something else." Pat said as Maya then cheered in her head knowing someone else knew that there was something more as she continued to hear more voices. "I don't know Mr.Dugan, Maya. The only other thing it says is that once the machine broadcasts, the process will take 30 minutes. If we don't stop them before then, it's permanent." Beth continued as everyone was more alert then.

"Ooh here's more. It only affects fully-developed minds." Beth says as Yolanda questions it, "What does that mean?" Yolanda asks as Maya speaks up, "Adults or anyone 25 or over." She said as they looked at her, "What my father made me learn human anatomy when I was younger. Henry might have not remembered much. But I can remember our lessons including the brain." She continued.

"Adults." Barbara cleared for Beth as Stephaine knew what it meant, and then Maya knew there was a catch: there always is in the good things, always bad things. "What catch?" Beth asks making Stephaine and Barbara to question her, "What?" Barbara asked. "Beth what is it?" Courtney asked standing still in the tunnels worried about her friend.

"There are people who will fight too hard against the reprogramming process." Beth starts out as Maya deep down knows what it meant, "And what happens to them?" Courtney asks as Stephaine even starts getting concerned. "Their brains will shut down. They will die." Beth says as everyone starts to have sad looks on her face, including Barbara who is sad and has remorse for those people.

"How many?" Yolanda asks as Rick, Justin, Maya, and her are continuing to walk in the tunnels heading to the meeting area. "Twenty-five percent of the target audience of 100 million people." Beth says as Kyra's eyes go wide and everyone even knows that would kill 25 million people. "Told you guys there's always a bad side to good plans like that "better america" Maya said as Rick glared at her. "They're going to kill 25 million people?" Courtney asks before everyone turns except Maya to hear Gambler's voice as she tunes it out.

"Give or take a few million, yes." Steve said as Beth's goggles started to glitch as Stephaine looked at Beth knowing that something was up as she moved out of her line of vision or the vision of where Beth was seated. As she heard Chuck talk about her being Dr.Mid-Nite. "There is nothing to do." Was all Stephaine could hear Steve Sharpe say as then Beth started to talk about the 30 minutes.

"You think you have 30 minutes to stop us from broadcasting?" He said as Stephaine had wide eyes when she heard him laugh. "The broadcast begins at the thirty minute mark. In thirty minutes Brainwave would be complete." Steve said as Stephaine came in vision of him, "Well we will stop you so I warn you now back down Gambler." Stephaine says with a grasp to her voice.

Maya continued to hear more voices as she appeared in front of her father while Rick grabbed ahold of her body before she could fall. But then before they knew it Stephaine and Beth saw Barbara being responsive, "Mrs.Whitmore?" She questioned, "Mrs.Dugan?" She continued as Stephaine stood next to her seeing the eyes of Barbara as she was staying still and not moving.

"They're being reprogrammed already." Stephaine says as the others hear her in time to see that they are gone, because meanwhile Justin is standing still while Maya hasn't opened her eyes up yet, and then at the other side of the tunnels Pat was unresponsive when Kyra, and Courtney were asking him if he was alright until next thing you know it he was going to punch the three girls.

"Maya?" Rick says trying to wake her up as Yolanda sees what Stephaine means with the reprogrammed stages. The ginger hair girl was out cold from the voices, and the team was split as the next stage of "Project: New America" was starting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 15.6K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
89.3K 2.2K 20
// fanfic set in Titans DCEU Season Two\\ I've been the archer. I've been the prey. Who could ever leave me darling? But who could stay. Started: Feb...
114K 1.9K 18
Annie has always been the shy, quiet girl who would rather read a book then go out and socialise. When a unexpected incident happens, Annie lands he...
32.2K 1K 18
"I've seen that look in your eyes It makes me go blind ...