Six Skeletons and The Waitress

By ItsSwapPapyrus

A picture perfect family hides the fact that your life is filled with manipulation and abuse. When you move a... More

1. Moving Away
2. Cute Monsters
3. Guests, but you stay in your room.
4. Red
5. Oh no
6. Brother, Dear
7. Honeybee *
8. Swap!Muffet's Bakery.
9. Sealed with a Kiss
10. Spider Dance
11. Skeleton Cookies
12. Boss
13. Trust Me
14. Kidnap and kidnapper
15. Behind the Scenes
16. Little Miss
17. wake up call
18. Red & Stretch
19. Drunk Skeletons pt1
20. Drunk Skeletons pt2
21. Blueberry
22. Ambassador
23. A good time**
24. Little Shell
25. Black Tea
26. Welcome to. . .
27. A Day with Edge
28. Six Skeletons pt1
29. Six Skeletons pt2
30. Sunday Morning
31. Spiders & Anime
32. Agile the Spider
33. A surprised phone call
34. Brother, dear
35. As it Is.
36. Walls of Bones
37. lowercases
38. Under the rug
39. The Park
40. Red & Edge
42. Monster Alcohol
43. Songs for Shots
44. In These Words
45. Capture the Human
46. Interlude
47. Black and Mutt

41. Anger

4.7K 214 668
By ItsSwapPapyrus

Chapter Summary: Edge is furious and is acting weird.

Your best friend isn't happy.

Papyrus and Blue suggests a light party to end a rough week.

WARNING! This isn't beta read!. I apologize for grammatical errors and writing mistakes!
———————————————————————————

"she-"

"Ex..explain what?" You whisper, tightly holding onto Red's shirt with your lips pursed into a thin line. Your mind going haywire as you slowly met Edge's piercing gaze. Crimson eyelights staring back at you with furrowed browbones.

"YOUR WOUND. THE BRUISING."He stated, scoffing when you moved to hide behind his brother.

You wrinkled your nose slightly — You knew Edge was . . . Concerned, in a weird angry way. You appreciated it, but you really didn't want to tell him why you suddenly had an eyepatch covering your eye over a course of few short days. You thought that the bruises were all covered up, was that why that lady thought you were in danger?

Wordlessly, deep crimson colour picked up Red off the floor. Leaving him thrashing in the air, growling and hissing at his brother while Edge took another step closer, not minding his older brother in the air. His hand gently lifting your chin and removed your hair from obstructing your damaged eye yet again.

His jaw tightened for a second, the tips of his phalange tracing the bruising Stretch couldn't fully health. A scowl presented on his mouth as he closely examined you, leaving you frozen in a trance.

"YOU CAN BREATHE." He hissed warningly, noticing your lack of breathing.

"don't touch 'er!" Red roared, his own magic sparking and contrasting with Edge's. The crimson glow disappeared as Red fell on his feet, huffing slightly as he tried to pull Edge back. With a simple look from Edge, Red retracted his hand. Scowling to himself.

"WELL?" Edge pushed, raising his browbone at you. He took a step back, crossed his arms and lightly tapped his arm. His gaze burning into your skin the longer he stared.

Swallowing the thick lump in your throat, you nodded slowly. Inhaling and exhaling softly to calm your beating heart. You opened your mouth to speak but no words formed.

Edge scoffed, glancing over at Red for a second then back to you. His gaze still hard with the same angry flush. "ANYTIME, WENCH."

"What am I supposed to say?" You spew out in frustration. Why did Stretch come for you? Why did Muffet call him, why are they being so nice to you?

"I don't have to explain an-" a yelp escaped your lips as Edge slammed his hand on the door behind you, creating a loud 'thud' as he leaned down to your height.

"I AM NOT ASKING. THIS IS AN ORDER, EXPLAIN THE INJURIES. MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING LOW." He growled out, a puff of hot air kissed your cheek as you lowered your gaze to the floor. Heart beating in your ears the longer Edge loomed over you like a predator

"My-..my.. brothers.." You admit, your eyes tightly shut. Was he going to hit you now? Where are the others?

"...THAT WASN'T SO HARD, WAS IT?" Edge chasted, flicking your forehead with a smirk. "RIDDLE ME THIS, HUMAN. WHERE DO THEY RESIDE?"

"too late." Stretch appeared behind Edge, a lollipop between his teeth as he leaned to the right to look at you. "they've been taken care of. don't threaten the girl because you're sexually frustrated."

"SEXUALLY- YOU DARE-?!"

Stretch snickered, pushing past Red and walked around Edge. He straightened his hunched posture to appear taller and successfully hid you from Edge's view. "why do you care?"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER WELLBEING, NEITHER SHOULD YOU." Edge snapped back. His eyelights snapping towards your bruised up face — his jaw tightening the slightest. "ASK CREAMPUFF TO HEAL YOUR BRUISES. I HAVE... THINGS... TO DO."

"Edge-" you called, tightly holding onto Stretch's orange sweater. "I.. give me time to process what happened, okay?" Was this being the bigger person? Did you tell the others that this was a frequent thing that often happened back home? You furrowed your brows a bit. Maybe they know the gist of it — why can't you remember?

Edge huffed. "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU CHOSE TO DO." A sick grin appeared over his jagged teeth as he looked over Stretch's shoulder towards you. "HOWEVER.. DISCOLOURATION DOES NOT SUIT YOU."

"EXCUSE ME." He said after a moment of silence. He spared a glance at you before taking his leave with long, purposeful strides. Red cursed underneath his breath as he called out for Edge in stern before following after him.

Swallowing the thick lump in your throat once you knew he was out of ear shot and sighed softly "I had it under control."

"you froze up at the mere sight of him, y/n." Stretch said, taking a step to your side and lightly brushed his finger against the curve of your cheek. "you're still trembling."

Slapping his hand away, you pursed your lips and avoided looking at him. "I'll be fine, it's not my first time being frozen terrified."

Stretch clicked his mouth shut, his teeth clinking together . He fought the urge to argue with you, that you didn't have nothing to worry about now that you're here with them. They could protect you from the bad people, Edge included if you so much just asked. Stretch knew better than to push you, though, so he stayed silent.

He knew he should be worried that you were shoving your needs underneath the bus, but you were an adult. Sooner or later, you'll see what he means.

"'right.. just don't be too scared to ask for a lending hand, k?" he said, sighing softly and began to gnaw at the cigarette but between his teeth. The scowl on your lips vanished without a trace and in its place was a smile, a grateful smile. Soft, inviting and warm. Stretch felt a tingle in his chest that he ignored.

"Thank you." You simply whispered - unable to contain himself, Stretch ruffled your hair adoringly.

"Anytime kid."

*.*.*.*.*.*

Trying to convince Sans, Stretch, and Red to go back to your apartment took longer than you expected. They were persistent that you stay behind while they went to fetch your things. Stubborn about the whole thing, you refused to have them go without you. Even if they shortcut away, you'd message either of them to come back 'or else'.

You weren't sure what to use as leverage against the three know-it-all skeletons but your empty threat had worked for Sans. Both Stretch and Red, according to Sans, were trying to get your friend to open her door.

"I'm not.. going to use your shortcut.. can we use actual transportation?" You ask rather meekly, warily eyeing Sans' outstretched hand towards you.

The clock was ticking and it was nearly seven pm, half an hour ago you suggested on getting your stuff into storage before the day is up. Still refusing Sans' offer about moving in despite the many reassurance you got from him. Papyrus and Blue had yet to show up. Despite your concerns, the brothers shrugged off your worries and reassured you that they'll be back before the night ends.

Sans chuckled and lowered his hand, his teeth parted slightly as if he was about to stay something but chose against it as another voice spoke out.

"I AM COMING."Edge called from the top of the stairs, adjusting the cuffs of his sleeves as he walked down. His eyelights instantly find your (colour) eyes. He huffed as he pointed a clawed finger at you. "THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. I WANT TO SEE THAT PATHETIC WENCH'S FACE WHEN SHE REALIZES SHE HAS NO MORE TO GAIN FROM MY EQUALLY PATHETIC BROTHER! NYAHAHA!"

Sans sighed, pinching the space between his sockets. "fine, don't make a scene."

"OH, DONT WORRY YOU MARSHMALLOW SACK." Edge chuckle deeply. "AS FOR YOU, MELTED ICE CREAM, LOOSE THE FUCKING ATTITUDE." Edge snapped, grinning when you narrowed your eyes at him. He turned on his heel and bumped shoulders with Sans as he walked past and out the door, still cackling to himself. Sans looked tired despite just interacting with Edge, making you smile in sympathy.

His browbones furrowed deeply, creating a line between as he turned and quickly followed after Edge. "wait-wait.. what did you call me? marshmallow sack?"

"...Melted ice cream?" You questioned out loud, leaving the house with the door automatically locking behind you.

Edge ignored the two of you as he got into his own vehicle, turned it on and . . . Waited. Both hands on the steering wheel with his body stiffly facing forward. Both you and Sans exchanged odd looks, silently questioning why he was sitting in his muscle car as if he was waiting for something.

"WOULD YOU HURRY UP?" Edge suddenly snapped, turning his skull so fast that he cracked his neck. Sans cringed and held onto his own neck, shaking his head a bit while you raised your brow, lightly nudging Sans with your elbow.

"I think he's waiting for you.." Whispering softly to Sans. He shrugged his shoulders. Edge still must've heart your because he opened his door and shouted.

"ARE YOU DAFT?! HURRY UP, HUMAN!" He then returned to the drivers seat, this time tapping his fingers against the wheel impatiently. Butting your tongue, you slowly approached the vehicle, opened the car door and slowly got in — much like the first time you entered Edge's expensive vehicle. The black leather groaned under your movements as Sans closed the door behind you, a knowing grin on his teeth as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"don worry, starlight. moving truck is already there." He winked before disappearing, although not without giving Edge a look you couldn't read.

You nodded slowly, rolling up the windows and silently buckled yourself in. Even with the awkward and tensed air between the two of you, you were glad Edge offered toy drive you back to your apartment.. even if he didn't verbally say it in the first place.

Edge drove out of the driveway and down the street in a slower than usual pace. Music playing at a low volume, thankfully filling the air.

Five minutes past with nothing to say and his slow driving, you sighed and slouched on the seat. Although you quickly fixed yourself up when Edge glanced at you through the corner of his sockets and scowled a bit.

Tapping your fingers together, you sighs softly and turned towards him. "I know you're curious about what happened, but giving me the cold shoulder won't improve any chances of you—"

"WHO SAID I WAS CURIOUS?" Edge cut you off. His hands tightening around the steering wheel. "ASSUMPTIONS ON YOUR PART WILL ONLY LEAD TO YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT, HUMAN."

Your pursed your lips, not sure what to say to retaliate. So you sat back down and crossed your arms over your chest, sighing once again. This time, Edge sighed too. Making you raise your brow at him, Edge narrowed his sockets at you and pressed on the gas peddle.

"Then why are you acting so.. weird?" You mutter, twisting the cuffs of your sweater underneath your spring jacket, you made a mental note to go shopping if you had a few dollars to spare later.

Edge shook his skull. "I HAVE NOT THE SLIGHTEST CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU'RE SPEWING."

"You wouldn't look me in the eyes earlier... You talked as if you were addressing anyone else but me." You retaliated, bristling in slight anger. "If I did something wrong then tell me—"

Edge slammer on the breaks, creating a loud screeching nose and the smell of burnt rubber as he turned to face you, face flushed in crimson as he unbuckled his seatbelt to move with more agility. He flicked your forehead and grumbled. "YOU DID NO SUCH THING. MAKING UP SCENARIOS IN YOUR PUNY HEAD WILL ONLY FURTHER STRESS YOU."

Despite Edge nearly crawling over to your side, bubbling anger pooled at the pits of your stomach. There he goes again, acting weird! Next thing you know, he'll ignore you like his life depended on it. Biting down on your tongue to—

Edge gripped your jaw, forcing your mouth open as he scowled. "DON'T HOLD BACK YOUR ANGER, STUPID WOMAN." He hissed, forcing his fingers into your mouth — furrowing your brows, you shoved him off of you, although he quickly overpowered your efforts with the help of his magic. "YELL. SHOUT. SCREAM AT ME. I AM ASSAULTING YOU! IS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO!?"

"Edge! St-stop it!" You cried, trying to pry his hands from your face. His scowl deepened as he retracted his hands, but kept himself close as he glared at you. Wiping the drool from the corner of your mouth, you glared back at Edge. crossing your arms, you slouched in the seat. "Just drive."

Edge clicked his magical tongue, obviously displeased with your reaction. He honked back at the person behind him before slamming the gas. A surprised yelp came from you as Edge skillfully wafted through traffic, taking sharp turns that only made you cry out in surprise, your heart dropping to your stomach as you held onto your seatbelt with dear life.

"Edge!" You shouted, terrified. Unable to see, you tightly shut your eyes. "Stop! Stop! Stop!"

"YES, YELL!"Edge snapped. "SHOW YOUR ANGER. DO NOT HIDE YOUR EMOTIONS, STUPID WOMAN!"

"STOP THE VEHICLE!"  You shouted, voice straining at the volume range. Even if you couldn't see, You could practically hear the smugness in Edge's smirk when he huffed, finally slowing down when he entered the highway.

With your heart beating rapidly against your chest, you slowly opened your eyes, your hold on the seatbelt still tight as the adrenaline left your system. Edge continued to slow down along the highway before pulling over into a full stop. He cut the engine as you unbuckled yourself and opened the door, shakily getting out and falling to your knees.

Breathing heavily as you started at the ground, tears blurred your vision as you pushed yourself to sit up and lean against the tires. Sniffling softly as you crossed your arms over your knees and hid your face. The sound of a vehicle door opening and closing did not make you stop, instead you moved away from Edge when he decided to side next to you, watching various vehicles zoom by on the highway.

The sound of rushing vehicles filled the silence between you two, muffling your sniffles as you consoled yourself.

"YOU TOLD ME TO STOP." Edge spoke up for the first time. His hands intertwined together as he hummed. You glared at him wearily through your tears, unable to figure out what his point was.

"YOU.. REALLY ARE A STUPID WENCH." He sighed, shaking his skull as if scolding a child. "YOU VERBALLY SAID YOUR DISCOMFORT. YOU WANTED ME TO STOP. EVEN FOUGHT BACK WHEN I ASSAULTED YOU BACK ON JENKINS STREET."

Furrowing your brows, you lowered your arms from your face to stare at him in confusion. Edge, noticing your stare, sighed once again.

"YOU LET OTHER HUMANS PUSH YOU AROUND, YOU LET THEM STOMP OVER YOU. FRANKLY I, THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE EDGE, FIND THIS VERY PATHETIC." Edge chuckled deeply, covering his sharp teeth with his gloved hand as if to mock you. "YOU VOICING YOUR DISCOMFORT IS THE RIGHT STEP TOWARDS SELF DEFENCE. NEXT WE'LL WORK ON YOUR STRATEGY AND COMBAT."

"what." You hissed. "That was all a test? I was scared for my life! Do you think this will make me want to go for a ride with you ever again?!" You snapped, pushing yourself to stand. The lightness you left for a spilt second only made you angrier. Edge's smirk did not fall from hi pointed teeth as he watched you face colour up in anger, your cheeks puffing a bit and the slight stomp to your feet.

"IF YOU WANT TO WALK, BE. MY. GUEST." He stated, standing up and brushing his clothes from any dirt and grime. His brow ones furrowed in distaste as he crossed his arms and stared at you.

"I-.." you sighed. "Why are you so, so.."

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE HESITATE, HUMAN." He demanded, taking a step close to you. "LOOK ME IN THE SOCKETS AND SAY WHAT MADE YOU ANGRY."

you deeply inhaled, trying to keep your emotions at bay. But with Edge's probing and annoyance, you were so close to snapping at him.

"Why.. why the hell do you hate me so much?" You accused, feeling tired of this day already. You just wanted to get your things in storage then worry about a place to stay for a bit. Not noticing Edge's surprise at your soft spoken told, you crossed yours arms to find some sort of comfort.

You wished you went with Sans instead.

"All you do is torment me. You try to get.. on my nerves. Do you want me to hate you, too?" You say, twisting the cuffs of your sweater, clearly avoiding to look at his expression. You weren't sure what he looked like right now, not that you wanted to know. Maybe... "Would it be better if I stopped—"

"I KNEW YOU WERE STUPID, I COMPREHEND THE AMOUNT OF STUPIDITY YOU HAVE." Edge cut you off. Your cheeks pink from the cold and your near teary state, a cold rush of wind brush by that he barely acknowledged as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you close, leaning forward so that he was eye-to-socket level with you.

Grabbing a hold of your eyepatch, Edge pulled it off without much resistance.

You instantly covered the damaged eye making Edge scoff and roll his pinpricks, shoving the gauze eyepatch into his pants pockets and took out another from his chest pocket. He dropped his hold on your wrist and unwrapped the handkerchief. Slowing you a smooth triangular shaped eyepatch — it's design was a simple white rose embroidered onto a tan fabric while the string itself looked like vines with smaller flower embroidery.

He gently placed the eyepatch on your eye and easily tied a knot at the back of your head.

"COME. WE'LL BE LATE." He said, staring at the new eyepatch before huffing, turning on his heel and entered the vehicle, reviving the engine as he closed the driver's door.

"There you go.. being weird again." You mutter before opening the door and slipped in. You sat silently all the way towards the apartment complex while attempting to make small talk, occasionally.

*.*.*.*.*.*

By the time you arrived at the complex, you were surprised to see the skeletons who got here before hand still trying to coax your friend into letting them in. Her stubbornness practically owning this hallway as she loudly played music within the apartment the two of you once shared.

"Wow.." you whispered. "She's not budging, huh?" You asked, walking up towards the three. Each nodded their heads, looking at you then at Edge who stood near the elevator. His arms crossed, his leg propped up and leaning against the wall. His sockets snapped open to glare at the ones staring right back at him. He clenched his jaw and pushed himself off the wall, making his way over.

"WHAT ARE YOU IMBECILES STILL DOING? A WEAK DOOR SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HOLD YOU BACK!" He screeched, tapping his feet against the floor as he narrowed his attention down to his brother with a scrutinizing glare. Red began to sweat, lowering his chin into his turtleneck, his red pinpricks looking at everything but at Edge.

"where were you? you're late by.. half an hour." Stretch said from his spot against the door. Looking at a watch on his wrist that wasn't there.

"DRIVING, UNLIKE YOU LAZYBONES!" He huffed. "WHY ARE YOU NOT INFILTRATING ENEMY TERRITORY?!"

Sans sighs, already fed up with Edge. "we're not trying to scare her—"

"THEN I'LL DO IT. MOVE ASIDE, BABYBONES." He said, pushing past Sans and Red, raising his brow bone at Stretch. The lanky skeleton shrugged his shoulders and strolled out of the way. A lollipop between his teeth.

"boss-!"

With a swift kick near the handle, the door bust open. It banged loudly against the wall as the music abruptly cut off.

Shoulders tensed, you quickly followed Edge inside the apartment. The familiar place where it all started made your stomach turn and clench painfully.

You knew you had to do this though. She wasn't someone good for you, it took a while to realize that. Softly whispering encouraging words to yourself, you lifted your head and entered the livingroom - mouth falling open at the mess scattering every surface.

"What did you do?!" You ask frantically.

Your friend stood at the centre of it. Her arms crossed under her breasts, making them pop, with a glare that could send someone six feet under. "Oh, look who decided to show up."

You bristled at her accusing tone. Hands balling into fists as you walked up to her. Her brow raised his in question at the boldness, her glittered lips forming a smirk as she leaned towards you. "What? Have something to say, skank?"

"it ain't the right time ta say that, bitch." Red growled, taking a step forward.

Your friend laughed, shaking her head as she stared you down. Her attention shifting to Red. Her expression morphing one into pure disgust. "Ugh. Can't believe I made out with you. Disgusting monsters." She shivered.

Her tone towards you didn't bother you as much as that comment did. Her change of attitude infuriated you, how dare she speak to them as if she weren't lusting over them few weeks ago.

"the feelin is mutual."

"Pity." She rolled her eyes, examining the four skeletons in her apartment. "I would have given you guys so much more than she can. She's nothing but a cry baby who doesn't know how not take word to her heart. I mean, how many times has she been weak to you guys?" She asked, her attention now on you as she spoke to the skeleton crew behind you.

Practically feeling the anger radiating off of the four, you bit down on your tongue. Matching her glare as her words pierced through your body.

"Did she even try? Or did she," she shoved your shoulder. "seduce you all to turn against me?"

Swallowing thickly, you shook your head. Your mouth opening and closing wishing to defend yourself but with the way she was saying it was.. it reminded you of your brothers.

Biting down harder on your tongue, you winced when she shoved your again. This time taking a step closer that she was invading your personal space.

"How does it feel, Y/n? Knowing that you're way to weak to even consider living on your own. You can't even keep a stable mental mind, let alone a relationship with your broth—"

Before you could stop yourself, your hand connected with her cheek. Forcing her head to turn to the left as a sharp sting bloomed over your palm. Fisting your hand, you let out a dangerous growl — similar to Reds as you pushed her back.

"I don't care about how I am, don't you dare insult them!" You shouted.

"star-"

"LEAVE HER ALONE."Edge hissed, holding Sans back as he watched the amusing play take place. Red looked unsure, both wanting to see this through and wanting to stop you from doing something you'd regret.

"Do you know what I've been through these past couple of weeks? You didn't even bother to console me or-or give me a shoulder to cry on!" You accused, spewing what's been on your mind in the last half hour. That scare with Edge helped in a odd way. You still wished he was gentle about it but you were still grateful. No matter how questionable his methods were.

"You placed the blame on me since day one! Never taking my side when Joseph came here unannounced, instead you went and spewed lies about me! What friend does that-"

"you think I care?!" She shouted, shoving you back. "I knew how weak you were. I knew the hatred your family had on me. And you know what? I took pity on you. To have that type of life style is so pathetic."

"I had no control over-"

"Yeah, you're right. You never have control of literally anything going on in your life. It's like you can't be independent!" she shouted, cutting you off.

Bristling with anger, your raised your hand and attempted to slap her again - a boney hand wrapped around your wrist before you could deliver the blow. Your breathing was shallow and fast, and you probably looked pretty bad at this moment.

When he let go on your wrist, you lowered your arm to your side. Sighing softly to yourself. No, no. You weren't going to stoop that low.

"See, I knew it. You can't do shit without people helping you. You're just a little stupid cunt who-" Cutting her off with a powerful blow to her nose, you growled.

"Shut up."

Bumping your shoulders with hers, you walked down the hall and into your room — finding it trashed. The clothes that were once in your closet were thrown all over the floor, a strange stench filled the air - Strawberries?

Shaking your head, you frowned softly and began to shove everything into small boxes. Only walking out of the room to go into the washroom to grab your things. Although you didn't trust the toothbrush, you threw it away.

<You threw most of your things away in fear that she must've done something to them, the faint smell of strawberries lingered in your bed, though..

after throwing everything into boxes, uncaring about the neatness of things, you shoved your ripped pillows into the trash, the blankets you once used were cut up and burned. Your mattress had stab holes in it, which you decided to leave. You dresser had scorch marks on them, ugly carvings on the once smooth surface. Your vanity vanity smashed with the light bulbs. Some of your photos were missing, so were some of your record disks, a part of your record payer was missing - your laptop screen was busted.

In the end, you only took what was salvageable, things you could fix.

By the time it was ten pm, you all returned back to the house, Stretch and Red using their shortcuts to take most of the things back while Sans went with you and Edge after pestering him on your end.

"That was..." you trailed off, unsure how to complete the sentence. Never in your life had you snapped out of character like that. It was bold, amazing and scary at the same time. If Edge hadn't stopped you up as he did, you probably would have went further than a simple slap and a punch to the face. You bit your lip, walking through the front door of the skeleton house hold.

"i need a distraction." Sans muttered, his socketed closed with his palms digging in. Trying to soothe the migraine that attacked inside his skull. He blindly walked towards the couch and dropped face-first. Groaning loudly into the pillow.

"Me too, if I'm being honest." You say, smiling weakly at Sans. His shoulders began to lightly bounce as he faked sobbed.

"WHY DON'T WE HAVE A SMALL PARTY?" Papyrus shouted out of no where. You jumped from your spot next to him, eyes wide as you stared at him as if he grew another Papyrus-head, wondering where he popped up from. "IT'LL.. IT'LL BE A CELEBRATION!" He stuttered, growing orange in the face the longer your stared at him.

"OO, YES! I AGREE!" Blue joined unintentionally saving Papyrus from further embarrassment as your attention turned to Blue instead. "WE CAN PLAY BOARDGAMES-"

"NO, NO." Papyrus shook his head, his eyelights trailing back to you before snapping forward when he accidentally made eye contact. A sweaty skull with light orange dusting over his face made you confused.

They.. were acting kind of weird - not 'weird' but as in.. Edge weird? You shook your head at the comparison.

Papyrus cleared his nonexistent throat, laughing nervously while literally saying "LAUGHS NERVOUSLY.... WE CAN DRINK AND.. WATCH A MOVIE.. USE THAT KARAOKE MACHINE UNFYNE LEFT!"

"Are you sure though? Didn't you guys just got out of-" Blue's laugh was forced and louder than normal, his arm was stiff as a brick around your shoulder. You stared at his side profile, growing more confused by the second. The cyan glow of his skull illuminated the room as his head at you.

"NUH-UH, NO! NOTHING HAPPENED EXCEPT W-WORK! MWEHEH-HA? HEH..." he coughed. "I'LL GO.. FIX UP... THE.. LIVING ROOM, YES! I MEANT THE LIVING ROOM!" He smiled widely, although kind of forced as he turned and sprinted away.

Blinking in confusion, you turned to Papyrus - his stare turned stiff, so did his body as he looked around, trying to not make it obvious that he had been staring at you.

"I'LL TO GO THE LIQUOR STORE..........YES! THAT'S WHAT I MEANT!" He cheered, giving you a haste pats on your head and sprinted out the door in the same manner Blue had done, the soft glow of orange fading as well.

"Whats.." you mutter, looking at Stretch and Sans for their brother's odd behaviour. Much to your ever growing confusion, they were struggling on holding their laughter.

"Was it something I said?"

*.*.*.*.*.*

It was midnight when everything was set up for the small house party. Papyrus came back with a few large bottles of alcohol, saying that Grillby wouldn't let him buy more despite always visiting his greasy establishment. When the fire monster found out that they were actually throwing a small party, (Papyrus and Blue's idea) he relented and gave him a few more than necessary - since three out of six skeletons were heavy drinkers.

Sitting on the couch waiting for everyone to finish doing their last activities for the day. You jumped slightly when a cold cup was pressed against the back of your neck.

you turned around, narrowing your eyes at Red. He shrugged his shoulders and motioned you to grab the cup he was offering.

Hesitantly, you plucked it out from his hold and held it with both hands. Taking a whiff, your nose wrinkled almost instantly.

"it's monster alcohol, doll." Red said comfortably, chuckling softly at your expressed then dropped in the seat next to you. The couch bounced from his weight, making you hold onto the cup with both hands. Frowning to yourself as you stared at the liquid within. See your expression, Red groused a laugh and took the cup, taking a swing of it before handing it back to you. "It ain't damagin' as yer alcohol."

"Even so... I'm still underaged." You mutter, technically, you could drink and get buzzed, make questionable decisions, but were you really up for the consequences it'll bring?

"yer twenty, right?" Red questioned, caring for his own drink as well. Like at the cafe, he sported a bottle of mustard undoubtedly mixed with monster alcohol. With a slow nod, Red's grin widen. "Besides, ya ain't drinkin' wit a bunch o'weirdos, kitten."

"I beg to differ.. You're kinda weird, Red." You utter under your breath, swirling the liquid in the cup.

Sans had ordered pizza, chinese, Grillby's, and wings for the... whatever this was. He didn't really fill you in on the details when Papyrus and Blueberry suddenly proposed a night off after a long week. You weren't sure about the, but you surely needed a break from all the stress you endorsed within the past week. So what if you were going to underage drink?

Feeling a little reassured, you leaned back, forcing yourself to relax and have a bit of fun yourself. Eyes wandering to the others, you couldn't help but grin slightly. Despite not fully knowing who you were, they were helping you in their ways. not matter how odd some of their actions were. A hesitant smile curved your lips as you brought the cup to your mouth, eyes not leaving Red's amused eyelights before taking an experimental sip.

Nose wrinkling is disgust, you swallowed the burning sensation and covered your mouth to cough. Red roared with laughter by your side, leaning forward and placed his own glass on the coffee table to avoid spilling, and laughed. His arm laid comfortably behind the couch and coincidentally around your shoulders as you heaved and coughed the burning sensation at the back of your throat.

Someone cleared theirs behind you, making your jolt in surprise and forced the coughing at a minimum

"BROTHER."Edge growled behind, smacking Red's arm from its comfortable position and wedged himself between the two of you. He plucked the glass cup from your hand and handed you another. "FOR SOMEONE WEAK AND UTTERLY USELESS, DOES NOT DESERVE THE EXPENSIVE BRAND GOLD CAN BUY. SHE WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CHEAPEST ALCOHOL WE HAVE." Edge said.

However, with a single glance at the colours in the cup, Red could only roll his eyelights and shrug. "sure, boss."

Ignoring Red, you wrinkled your nose at the alcohol. Despite what Edge said about you, and the inviting warm colours, it smelled strong and disgusting. The insults went over your head as you placed the cup down and took Red's forgotten one.

"aye, sugar-" But before Red could stop you, you tipped the cup over and swung your head back, taking the whole thing in one painful gulp. The sting at the back of your throat was enough for your eyes to water, the heat unbearable as you slammed the cup down and got up, although swaying a bit.

Edge huffed behind you, not that you could see his expression but. . . He was mildly impressed.

"shit, doll!" Red cursed, popping out for a second and came back with a cup of orange juice. "i know i said it ain't damagin' but 'his yer first time, takin' it slow might be in yer best interest." He said, giving you the glass of orange juice. "'ere. this'll get rid o' tha taste."

you carefully took the cup and drowned the orange juice in two seconds flat, ignoring the chuckles coming from both brothers, although the tones were very much different.

"MY TURN~" the eldest of the bunch exclaimed. Taking the empty glass and placed it on the coaster, he paused for a second before returning to the coffee table and placed the rest of the cups on each individual coasters, a disapproving frown on his usual shining grin.

He avoided looking in your general direction, the faintest colour of blue dusting over his face as he tightly shut his eyes and shook his head. You raised your brow in question, wondering why he was already blue when he didn't drink any of the alcohol.

Blueberry straightened himself out, smoothing out his shirt and smiled briefly at you, although narrowed his sockets at both Red and Edge. He sighed and shook his skull. "TRICKING Y/N TO DRINK WHEN THE NIGHT JUST STARTED?"

"trick o' treat, baby blue." Red husked, taking the first drink he offered you and leaned further back onto the couch.

"HALLOWEEN WAS LAST MONTH!" Blue said, frowning. Red laughed and tilted his skull back, looking at you with a wink.

"ya ain't gotta remind me." He said, voice a slight slur as his red tongue poked out of his sharp teeth and glazed over them, keeping eye contact with you. His grin widened when he caught that your eye followed his movements.

Realizing you got caught staring, you huffed and turned your head. Unable to stop the embarrassed blush as you walked away. Ignoring the boisterous laughter coming from the thick skeleton much to Blueberry's (and Edge's) confusion. Blue didn't stick around to find out, although he was curious, he relented to follow you instead.

"YOU WERE NEVER GOOD WITH ALCOHOL, HUMAN." he stated in a matter of fact. Keeping a fair distance as he watched you walk slowly towards the kitchen. An amused grin on his teeth as he picked up his own pace so that he was in match with yours. Sending him a confused look when he turned away, you shrugged your shoulders.

"I never drank alcohol before."

"THATS A LIE." He stated once more, the corners of his mouth curling similar like a cats. His hands neatly tucked behind him as he stopped in his tracks, lightly bouncing on his heels. Although, he still struggled to maintain eye contact with you.

Confused, you raised your brow. The one visible eye narrowing slightly at the joyous skeleton. "YOU DRANK A HEFTY AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL A YEAR BACK... ALTHOUGH I SUPPOSE YOU CANNOT RECALL..." Blue trailed off, tapping his chin in thought. His brow ones furrowed in deep concentration.

"W..what do you mean?" You ask, stopping near the bathroom to star at Blue for a second then continued to stroll down the hallway.

He shook his head and 'zipped' his mouth shut. the familiar glee sparkling in his sockets as he watched you drown further in confusion from behind.

"WE MET A FEW TIMES IN THE PAST. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF THEM, BUT THAT'S WHY WERE GOING TO PLAY THERAPY THIS COMING FRIDAY!" Blue moved fast and animatedly, moving his hands as he continued to talk about what you were missing and that he mentioned therapy again. Frowning, you turned to face him and sighed.

"I guess so... do you really think I need therapy?" You ask, fiddling with your fingers.

Blue frowned a bit. "Yes. You Need To Talk About Everything. I Don't Know What My Brother Is Hiding, But.. I Feel Like You Do." He stared softly, taking your hands and lightly squeezed them. "I'LL WE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!"

Not really knowing what to say to him, the fact that he caught you off guard was enough for you to flee towards the kitchen.

Slightly hoping to see Sans to avoid having further odd conversations with Blue, or being tricked to drink more alcohol with Red, or feel Edge's unwavering death glare on your back.

So far, this 'relaxing' house party was everything but relaxing. You didn't want to be a partypooper and leaving early when you had no where to go. Even that was out of the question.

Loosing your phone today was the cherry on top of everything disastrous, who knows what kind of trouble you'd get into with your brothers if they decided to storm your front door... wherever the hell it was and you could barely afford another with your budget.

Tying your hair into a ponytail then brushed the baby hairs away, you opened a box of pizza and took the largest slice there was. Leaning against the counter as you ate silently. Unsurprisingly, you had no idea how to participate in parties such as these. The movies made it seem so exciting and daring, dancing up against strangers in a club, drinking a lot of alcohol with no regrets until the next morning, washing away today's worries for a little bit of down time.

The party.. or whatever this was, wasn't exciting. You wanted fun, you wanted to be stupid for the night. Run away from the guys, leaving them to chase you down the street with nothing but the clothes on your back, talk to some homeless man about the meaning of life or, or...

You sighed, tossing the last bit of pizza into your mouth and brushed your hands together. You couldn't do any of those. What would your parents think if they found out? Your brothers? Filling up a recyclable cup with water, you took slow sips. Watching as snow fell from the dark sky above from the sink window.

The bitter taste of alcohol still lingered at the back of your throat along with unpleasant after taste of orange juice, you dipped the rest of the water out and placed the cup in the sink before making your way outside.

Chilly wind brushed past as you took a step outside. A thin layer of snow crunched underneath your shoes as you tightened the blue sweater around you, choosing to zip it all the way up and pull the hood over your head. Your hands shoved into the pockets as you inhaled the cold air.

"nyeh heh.. come here often?" A voice called from a pile of snow. A light stream of smoke rosed up before dancing away with the wind. You blinked twice, brows slowly knitting together as you approached the off lump.

"...Stretch?" You questioned, lightly nudging the lumpy snow puff. "What-..what are you doing laying.. on the patio. Aren't you cold?"

Stretch giggled, lifting his hand and brushed the snow off off his clothes before sitting up. His face was flushed orange, wondering how you couldn't see it under the thin layer of snow, you shook your head and crouched down.

"can't be cold, honey. the wind goes right through me, nyeheheh."

"oh." You whisper. "Are.. you okay. You look a bit flushed." You say, lifting your hand and pressed your palm against his forehead. Checking your own to match before you stopped to stare blankly at Stretch, whom burst out in laughter.

"m'fine, I'm fine." He said, shaking his skull. He removed your hand from his forehead and stood up, dusting off the snow lingering on his clothes then took out a metal cigarette pack, bit the end and pulled one out, easily lifting it up with a flick of his finger. He took a deep inhale, the orange smoke wafting out of his sockets and teeth as he exhaled. "what about you?" He asked.

"What about me?" You mirrored, frowning a bit. You shook your head when his mouth open to reply, then closed it shut with a confused furrow. "I'm sorry. I'm just thinking where I should go after tonight."

"what do you mean? you plan on leaving?"  He asked, tilting his skull a bit. The tips of your ears and nose began to colour in that brilliant shade of pink, making Stretch grin, he lightly tapped your nose - loosing them words from forming, your wrinkled your nose and looked at the snowflakes falling from the sky.

"I can't really stay here.." you mutter after a while, surprising Stretch for a second.

"why is that." He asked, despite already knowing the question. "if you think we won't welcome you, even the hardass, then you're completely wrong, kid."

Stretch said, not giving you the time to retaliate when he continued. "classic is nearly to the point of begging you to move in, hell i'd be surprised if red began first. edgelord practically kidnapped you to show you a bit of, nyeheheh, back bone earlier." He took a deep inhale and exhaled the same orange smoke.

You pursed your lips when he continued, unsure what to say.

"muffs asked for a favour: that i'd go a protect you. spirits, if it means you moving in then.. why the hell not?" 

"You know that it's not simple. With my parents or my brothers." You say softly, rubbing your arms to preserve heat. You blew into your palms, muttering softly before looking up at Stretch. The words that formed was cut off abruptly when Stretch threw his half-finished cigarette, his browbones furiously furrowed.

"spirits damned. fuck your brothers, y/n! do you have any idea how it felt seeing you bruised and beaten like that?" He snapped, his voice a low tone to avoid alerting the others inside. "well, let me tell you. not good. i wanted to inflict pain and horrors on that bastard when i saw you limp out after 'im." He whispered, staring at the ground with burning hatred. "but i knew i had to get you somewhere safe first.."

Pursing your lips, you nodded slowly. Tightly shutting your eyes. The tips of your fingers lightly trailing over the embroidery on your eyepatch. The phantom pains behind your eyeball made it hard to concentrate throughout the day, the pain you felt when Josh was shoving his fingers into your eye, the ear-piercing scream you made..

"I'm sorry.." you apologize.. "I didn't mean for—"

"stop apologizing, honey." Stretch muttered, scratching the back of his skull. His attention on you as he forced a grin. "that's another reason why we want you to move in. we can help you. we can protect you. if.. if you'd let us, honey."

———————————————————————————

Next Chapter is the fun part!
i know I keep dragging on this idea, but it's for development :c after this part of the story is finished, there will be a small time jump!
Now... important question time! Which song do you think the guys would fit singing (remember, they're getting hammered bc life is shitty and they deserve it!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 10.9K 37
Underswap!Papyrus x Reader And some Fresh!Sans x Reader -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- It isn't hard to slip into a dream. You're happy with what...
52.1K 1.9K 41
what would you do if all of a sudden some small skeletons appeared out of nowhere one night and we're so small and helpless you couldn't say no to. S...
3.3K 188 24
You were the assistant to Alphys, her co-worker tinkered on a very curious machine in the same department you worked at, incidentally that co-worker...
979 26 17
The monster realm was much different than the human one, with that separation it was hard to get along and soon a war started, families died, monster...