Bet my Life (EDITING!!) #BOOK1

By illusionist3112

BOOK1: BET MY LIFE BOOK2: BREAK MY HEART "Sweetheart, don't play with fire if you can't handle the heat" 19-y... More

Prologue
Copyright
Character Aesthetics
1. All the stars
2. Stand by me
3. The night we met
4. Moves like Jagger
5. Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Izzie- Me, myself & I
6. Closer
7. I want to break free
8. I like me better when I'm with you
9. Dusk till Dawn
10. Don't give up on me
11. Scared to be lonely
12. Flashlight
Author's note
13. Be my baby
14. Lovers
Elliot- Another one bites the dust
15. Somewhere only we know
16. Without you
17. She will be loved
18. Chasing Cars
19. Count on me
Lilian- Dancing Queen
20. All we know
21. Sunflower
22. Bad guy
23. Don't let me down
24. A Sky Full of Stars
25. Memories
Oliver- How to save a life
26. I don't wanna live forever
Author's Note
28. Love me like you do
29. Just give me a reason
Zachary - Savage Love
30. I see the lights
31. A whole new world
32. Him & I
33. See you again
34. Last Christmas
35. Make you mine
Announcement
36. It ain't me
37. Bet my life
Break My Heart
Epilogue
#BMH CHAPTER 2

27. Moral of the story

139 27 6
By illusionist3112

A/n: The new update is up. Sorry for the delay. The book is coming to an end. Hope you all enjoy it. I have got an exiting surprise for you guys. Answer is in the next chapter. Vote, comment, and share.

Lots of hugs,

Illusionist.

"Hold on tight. Don't let go," he yelled, over the wind.

My hands held onto his stomach, as I felt his muscles relax. That makes one of us because I am freaking out here. Why didn't I just tell him that I hate bikes in the first place? I shut my eyes tight, and placed my head against his back, and tuned out everything else.

The only person I ever sat behind in a bike was Tyler. No, don't go there.

"You can let go now," he said in a soft voice.

I opened my eyes and let go of him. As I was getting down, I tripped over my leg and lost my balance. His hands, out of instinct, caught my waist, stopping my fall.

"I -" My eyes connected with his deep blue eyes, and I found myself getting lost in them.

His gaze shifting to my lips. I found myself doing the same thing. Looking at his plump, perfect, kissable lips. I leaned closer, wanting to reduce the gap between our lips. Just a little bit more, and -

"There you go, falling for me again," he said with a smirk, causing me to jump back.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans and tucked a few stray strands of hair behind my ears. It was weird. This side of him, the fun-loving, sweet, side of him. Is he the same guy?

"I think Izzie is waiting for you, and she might kill me if you're late," he chuckled.

"Ya, I should go. Thanks for the ride," I glance awkwardly at my feet.

He pulled me in a hug and whispered against my ears "Tu es l'amour de ma vie." He kissed me on the cheek, his mouth lingering there for a minute, before chuckling to himself and walking away.

I don't know what he just said, but fuck me if that wasn't the sexiest thing I have ever heard. I felt breathless, I was acting like a love-sick puppy, and I didn't care.

There was a tiny part in my brain that was bugging me. What about Coral? And what about our break-up? Am I over what happened with Damian?

No, not today. I am going to enjoy this day and this feeling, and I'll deal with the rest later.

-----------------------------

"Your assignments are due next week. They constitute half of your final grade." Our Literary theory professor informed us as his class ended.

"Miss Hart, a word please?" Mr Halden called out to me. He was a man in his early 40s and was also a remarkable writer. He worked previously as the editor-in-chief for a top publishing company in New York but decided to retire early and go for teaching.

"Yes, Mr Halden?" I signalled to Oli that I would catch up with him.

"So Sara tells me that you have a knack for writing?" He asked, leaning against his desk.

"Sara?" I scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh right, you probably know her as Dr Thorpe," he laughed and replied.

"How do you know her?" Sara Thorpe, huh? I've got to be the dumbest person. I mean who doesn't know their doctor's first name?

"She's my fiancé. We decided to move here from New York when she got a job at the hospital," his eyes lit up at the mention of Dr. Thorpe.

"Anyway, she told me that you are good at writing, and seem to have a natural talent? How about this. You write a book or at least a sample, and I'll talk to my friends in New York and see where it takes us. I might also be able to get you an internship there. If you manage to impress me," he told me, smiling fondly.

"Are you serious?" I all but shriek.

"Are you up for the challenge Miss Hart?" He laughed at my reaction.

"Hell ya! Thank you, Mr. Halden." Control yourself, Zoe, don't hug him.

"Off you go, Miss Hart. Don't let me down," he ushered me out of the class.

"Hey," Oli was standing outside the room mesmerized by his copy of "The Catcher in the Rye".

"Hey, you." He looked up from his book and kept his glasses inside.

"That's one of my favourites," I nodded to the book in his hand.

"Ya? It's Nate's copy. He lent it to me. How did it go with Mr Halden?" He asked me.

"It went well. He wanted to talk about internships and stuff," I replied, not wanting to elaborate further.

"Hope you get it. By the way, do you have any plans for tonight?"

"Umm, not that I know of," I grab my coffee from the cart on campus.

"Well, now you got one. I'll pick you up at 7," he kissed my cheek and smirked as he walked into the library, leaving me dumbfounded.

What just happened. He didn't ask me on a date, did he?

I reached my room and opened the door to find Lily and June sitting inside, while Izzie was going through my cupboard. They barely acknowledged me when I entered, as Izzie took out a dress and held it in front of me.

"Go change. You're getting late," she ushered me into the washroom.

It was a white crop top and a pink skater skirt.

"What's going on?" I asked, picking up the outfit.

"You're getting late for your date," Lily said as a matter of fact.

"What date?" I asked, still confused. Isn't it a bit too early to start drinking?

"Oli is picking you up in an hour. Now if you're done being a little bitch, please go get dressed," Izzie gave me an annoyed look.

It wasn't a date. Is Oli under the false impression that it is? I can't be with him. I don't want to lead him on. Should I just call and cancel?

"Zoey, I swear on everything unholy, if you're not out in the next 5 minutes, you're going to regret it."

One evening won't hurt, right? Especially if he has already taken the efforts to organize this. I'll just tell him once the dinner is over.

I put on the outfit and walk out, and all hell broke loose. I was forced into a chair as Izzie worked on my hair, Lily on my makeup, and June handed me the accessories. Izzie curled my hair into waves and let them hang loose down my back. Lily, thankfully, kept the makeup natural, much to Izzie's chagrin.

At 7 sharp, there was a knock on the door. I took my phone, and put it inside my purse, and slipped on my flats. I took a deep breath, readying myself mentally, and opened the door with a fake smile. Oli stood outside, dressed casually?

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked shocked. "Why the hell am I overdressed?"

Oli just laughed and gave me his hand to take.

"You look lovely, as always Zo."

He led me to his car and opened the backseat door for me. Okay, weird much?

"Your chariot awaits, my lady," he said when I didn't make any effort to get inside.

I slowly sat inside, unsure of what was happening.

"By the way, I forgot to give you this," Oli said, handing me a note.

"Have a beautiful evening," he shut the door before I could say anything. I opened the note and saw a text printed on it.

"Tu es belle."

I flipped it over and saw "You are beautiful" written behind it.

"Shall we, madame?" A shriek left my mouth, as I heard the voice. Zach was in the driver's seat looking at me amusedly.

"What are you doing here? What is going on, Zach?" I asked, now completely clueless.

"Patience, dear Zoe. Patience," he replied and started the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked for the 10th time.

"You really are impatient, aren't you? We'll be there in 10 minutes, Zoe," he laughed, increasing the volume of the stereo to tune me out

I huffed and held the note close to me.

"We are here," he replied and handed me another note.

"Je Suis fou de toi"

"I'm crazy about you"

The door was opened by Chace, as he held his arm out for me to take. I couldn't contain the level of excitement bubbling inside me. I no longer cared about being left in the dark. I was loving how this was turning out.

Chace handed me a bouquet of roses and walked us ahead. I had never been here before, but I could make out some lights on a bridge, that was on a lake. Chace walked me to the end of the bridge, where there was a table and 2 chairs, with a vase with flowers on it.

I looked at Chace curiously, who just handed me another note.

"Je t'aime de tout mon coeur."

I flipped it over but saw that it was blank.

"I love you with all my heart."

I turned around and saw the guy responsible for all of this standing in front of me. He took my hand out of Chace's and said, "I'll take it from here, thanks."

"Hi, sweetheart. Surprise!" Nate said, dressed in a black dress shirt, jeans and his classic leather jacket. The way he looked right now, would make even the devil jealous.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 23.6K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...
1.2M 48.5K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
1.4K 119 20
One plane ride could change your life. SOPHIA RANDALL likes her routines. She plans everything, down to the very last second. And Sophia is content t...